1. #2881
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So when did Trump have this virus created? So we are blaming every world leader for every death in their country now? So no world leader other than what, Douth Koreas leader has blood on their hands? Get off of this. He is not responsible any more than the democrats are for their anti border stance. If we were more of a nationalist country we wouldnt have been so open to having less secure borders.
    wtf have open borders to do with tens of thousand deaths due to Covid?
    You think NY is overrun with Mexicans that crossed the border 2 months ago in Texas or what? That makes absolutely no sense. If immigrants would be the problem, NY would be fine.
    I have a hint for you. There was an invention a few hundred years ago. With that people can fly. To other countries. Even other continents.

  2. #2882
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Maybe just read my fucking post where I stated my "wishlist".
    I guess I just don't understand why you didn't just come out and state that off the bat rather then pontificate that maybe 4 more year of Trump would actually be better. I apologies for my skepticism. You have to realize we have a whole lot of people here who are trying to put forward various shades of "Biden is as bad as Trump" or "Trump winning is really the better option no really" so when you started your post that way I immediately was skeptical. So I apologize for not giving you more credit and weighing your subsequent posts more.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s rare for an incumbent to lose.
    Rare, but not unheard of. It also used to be rare that a president would get elected without the popular vote.

    I think political reality has shifted due to negative partisanship being more of a driver. So I'm not sure that metric means much in today's environment. Guess we'll see.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  3. #2883
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post


    It’s rare for an incumbent to lose.
    Under normal circunstances, i'd agree. These are not normal times, and they're displaying the ineptitude of the executive branch with neon lights though.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  4. #2884
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So we are blaming every world leader for every death in their country now?
    No. But you know what else we aren't doing? Pretending Presidents are powerless and their choices during a pandemic are meaningless.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  5. #2885
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, remember your position when Trump gets elected. We are not the ones saying it’s worth it...
    I'm not responsible for the failure of a morally unelectable candidate.

    My morality is internally consistent, I spent something akin to 5 years berating Republicans for being morally inconsistent for the sake of political expediency. I will not do the same. And there many...many...other people in the same bucket, and it won't my or their fault when Trump gets reelected. It will be on those who refused to offer an actually acceptable alternative.

  6. #2886
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I guess I just don't understand why you didn't just come out and state that off the bat rather then pontificate that maybe 4 more year of Trump would actually be better. I apologies for my skepticism. You have to realize we have a whole lot of people here who are trying to put forward various shades of "Biden is as bad as Trump" or "Trump winning is really the better option no really" so when you started your post that way I immediately was skeptical. So I apologize for not giving you more credit and weighing your subsequent posts more.
    All good, apology accepted. Sorry for shouting

  7. #2887
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    All good, apology accepted. Sorry for shouting
    No problem. I'm also rather cranky this morning since my cat started his "alarm kitty" screeching at 5AM this morning and.would.not.shut.up.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  8. #2888
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So when did Trump have this virus created? So we are blaming every world leader for every death in their country now? So no world leader other than what, Douth Koreas leader has blood on their hands? Get off of this. He is not responsible any more than the democrats are for their anti border stance. If we were more of a nationalist country we wouldnt have been so open to having less secure borders.
    The Dumbass gutted the pandemic response team set up by Obama.

    The Dumbass fired/forced to resign people that where in china, whose sole purpose was to coordinate and gather information if a novel virus were to occur.

    The Dumbass ignored/refused to hear the desperate intel briefings begging him to take action.

    The Dumbass downplayed the virus (it will go down to zero).

    The dumbass forced states to compete for resources, instead of using the executive muscle and force some companies to make PPE nad ventilators.

    The dumbas attacked states for their state at home orders, riling up terrorists to show up, because the economy was taking a hit.

    Did i miss something?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  9. #2889
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm not responsible for the failure of a morally unelectable candidate.
    Yeah, you are... no one is forcing you to vote in any which way. You know the outcome of your vote, you simply don’t care, because you see Trump winning, as the necessary evil.

    My morality is internally consistent, I spent something akin to 5 years berating Republicans for being morally inconsistent for the sake of political expediency.
    Yeah, you can convince your self of anything you like. But, you still are making a willful choice. My issue with GOP, is not their lack of consistency...

    I will not do the same. And there many...many...other people in the same bucket, and it won't my or their fault when Trump gets reelected. It will be on those who refused to offer an actually acceptable alternative.
    No, it’s you for refusing to accept the alternatives. You are seeing Trump, as the necessary evil, because Biden is the alternative to your choice.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  10. #2890
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm not responsible for the failure of a morally unelectable candidate.

    My morality is internally consistent, I spent something akin to 5 years berating Republicans for being morally inconsistent for the sake of political expediency. I will not do the same. And there many...many...other people in the same bucket, and it won't my or their fault when Trump gets reelected. It will be on those who refused to offer an actually acceptable alternative.
    When kids die in ICE camps because they were denied a flu shot, its your fault for choosing ideological purity, instead of realistic kindness.

    When we lose 4 more years to take action in climate change, its your fault for choosing ideological purity, instead of realistic kindness.

    When more people die for Covid-19 in 2021, because no real action was taken, its your fault for choosing ideological purity, instead of realistic kindness.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  11. #2891
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No special thinking behind it. Just the fact he is the incumbent and has a pretty blindly rabid fan base. Plus people just too lazy to vote, don't care enough to look at what/who they're voting for, or don't want to vote for whatever reason.
    As farther right conservatives get elected, no matter the scandal... I’m sure democrats will learn something for next election. Somehow, I doubt it will be going farther away from the success GOP is having.

    Edit: As Trump gets elected and violence against women act gets dismantled, I wonder what democrats will learn. If going far right means you get away with everything, how will democrats react to feed their corporate donors? Shame...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-04 at 02:58 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  12. #2892
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    As farther right conservatives get elected, no matter the scandal... I’m sure democrats will learn something for next election. Somehow, I doubt it will be going farther away from the success GOP is having.
    The only consistency conservatives have is bigotry/racism/homophobia.
    Nothing else.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  13. #2893
    The Insane Daelak's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    15,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    So when did Trump have this virus created? So we are blaming every world leader for every death in their country now? So no world leader other than what, Douth Koreas leader has blood on their hands? Get off of this. He is not responsible any more than the democrats are for their anti border stance. If we were more of a nationalist country we wouldnt have been so open to having less secure borders.
    You can easily blame the countries with the most sophisticated surveillance and intelligence gathering, which is far and away US intelligence. US intelligence gave all vetted information to Trump in early and he did NOTHING for over three months because he didn't want it to interrupt his campaign rally schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

  14. #2894
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,399
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No special thinking behind it. Just the fact he is the incumbent and has a pretty blindly rabid fan base. Plus people just too lazy to vote, don't care enough to look at what/who they're voting for, or don't want to vote for whatever reason.
    I'm super interested in seeing turnout numbers for this election. Just how big is Trump's rabid fanbase? Will they go vote?

    There is also a rabid anti-Trump base...same question there. Will they vote?

    I suspect people are more motivated to keep him out of office rather than in office and I suspect Trump got some news recently along those lines hence his Twitter feed going into like full blown campaign crazyville.

    I'm also not sure Trump is going to escape this pandemic unscathed. I've already seem really effective ads just using Trump's own clips to stitch together a short story in incompetence.

    But again, we'll just see. I do think 2020 is shaping up to be an election like no other because of how unusual the times are. Trump is an unusual president in an unusual age of social media and misinformation in a freaking pandemic. I think all the typical punditry driven measures are out the window. Hence my asking around for data points that people may be seeing. The data nerd part of me is super curious to see how this election shapes out from a demographic/electorate perspective.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  15. #2895
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    The fact that despite me not having replied to this thread for nearly a week that the amount of dislike that Biden gets has only been increasing.
    Well, yeah... you were banned for a couple of days. “Not having replied” is a fun spin on couldn’t.

    Edit: It’s May 4th and you got banned on Friday, May first... your “nearly a week” is literally the weekend. lol

    Or, and something that current polls and predictions completely have no hold over, just like Biden saw his chances to win drop after every debate: the fact that Biden can't give a coherent or confident verbal answer on almost any question that is asked to him is going to make him look horrible after the first debates he has to hold against Trump.
    Uhm... his answered seemed confident on Friday...

    November is still a long time away, between now and then the Democratic Party should really find a solution...
    I think their solutions is watching all of these conspiracy theories fall apart.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  16. #2896
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,193
    Seems like a good 2020 strategy.
    • Run against Trump
    • Run against Trump's Covid Response

    Biden and Warren Team Up To Investigate Coronavirus Response Corruption
    Biden, Warren: There’s no oversight of coronavirus relief — because that’s what Trump wants


    Im surprised this hasnt been bigger news from online Progressives. Or former Warren supporters.

    Seems exciting that she would get to implement some of her progressive policies and reforms.


    The second-to-last paragraph here seems like an explicit message to progressive.




    Shows how badly these "both sides are bad" posters just are not really paying attention. Their progressive posturing is more about their personal "feels", than actual policy.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  17. #2897
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The Dumbass gutted the pandemic response team set up by Obama.

    The Dumbass fired/forced to resign people that where in china, whose sole purpose was to coordinate and gather information if a novel virus were to occur.

    The Dumbass ignored/refused to hear the desperate intel briefings begging him to take action.

    The Dumbass downplayed the virus (it will go down to zero).

    The dumbass forced states to compete for resources, instead of using the executive muscle and force some companies to make PPE nad ventilators.

    The dumbas attacked states for their state at home orders, riling up terrorists to show up, because the economy was taking a hit.

    Did i miss something?
    My point is that you so happened to glance right over is the fact that what is all the European countries excuse? I dont see anyone attacking them the same way the US is attacked. And its not the economy taking a hit its the future of america. If he freaked out do you think essential workers making minimum wage at a big box store would show up to work? Or how about the factory worker making PPE? What happens if they dont show up? My point is Trump is the only leader attack yet Spain and Italy debatable did a much worse job.

  18. #2898
    https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/for...30665/1403994/

    Looks like the Justice Democrats are slowly learning how to play the game, and "giving up their morals" in the process.

    They're forming a PAC.

  19. #2899
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    My point is that you so happened to glance right over is the fact that what is all the European countries excuse? I dont see anyone attacking them the same way the US is attacked. And its not the economy taking a hit its the future of america. If he freaked out do you think essential workers making minimum wage at a big box store would show up to work? Or how about the factory worker making PPE? What happens if they dont show up? My point is Trump is the only leader attack yet Spain and Italy debatable did a much worse job.
    Their leaders didn’t call warnings a hoax and didn’t cut pandemic response. Their leadership didn’t spend millions on unproven drugs, nor hand out millions to companies that can’t produce what Trump paid them for. No other country had its states bid against each other over supplies, because federal government claimed supplies are not for them. They didn’t encourage division, didn’t attack their rivals, preached unity and support for each other. They didn’t tweet to liberate or support for armed militia trying to browbeat officials into risking lives.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Would Biden have done better? Doubtfully. It seems that capitalistic interests are / were the main reason for weak anti-pandemic measures within the USA. The ancient arche-story still holds true: "Don't depend on merchants and wealthy people to help you out of a crisis. They're usually the first ones to abandon you and the entire town."
    Bullshit... He wouldn’t have given a 15% corporate tax cut, that then needed defunding of pandemic response. Biden wouldn’t have been calling democrats a hoax. This is an absurd statement... Biden and Warren are currently pushing to investigate Trump’s handling, because he disbanded watch dog groups. Absurd...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  20. #2900
    Titan I Push Buttons's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    just like Biden saw his chances to win drop after every debate
    Its like you operate in an entirely different reality lmao...

    Remember the last debate on March 15? In the run-up to it you and all the other Bernouts were carrying on and on about how Biden was going to get absolutely destroyed at the debate, how Biden's diminished faculties would be on full display and ensure Bernard's victory in the upcoming primaries, etc.

    Then the debate happened and it was just a normal debate, with Biden performing perfectly fine...

    Then the next day the Florida, Arizona, and Illinois primaries happened and Biden won all three of them, of particular note was the Florida primary where he literally bent Bernard over and won by almost 40 points; and shit it would have been an even wider margin but Bloomberg had already gotten like 9% of the vote in early voting before he dropped out. The other two races also weren't even close for Bernard, but they were only mere 12-22 point margin victories for Biden.

    Two weeks later the Wisconsin primary happened and once again Bernard was savaged by Biden, with Biden winning by an over thirty point margin... Keep in mind that Wisconsin is a state that Bernard won in 2016 against Hillary by a 13 point margin.

    You are literally delusional.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •