Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So... we are still dependent on AZ and NV... kk...
    The maximum amount of votes changed in a recount was around 1k.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What's the threshold for no auto-recount?
    Around 50k.. i Believe... It's 0.5% so it should be around that number...
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Does Fox and AP share the same outsourcing company for this?
    Yes. They both use the same model.

Thank God we're not in the 600 ballot territory like back then. The GOP would have rammed over it with a Tonka truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The maximum amount of votes changed in a recount was around 1k.

- - - Updated - - -

Around 50k.. i Believe... It's 0.5% so it should be around that number...
    Should be less than 50k. Currently there are 6.6 million votes counted, so the final total should be below 7 million. 0.5% of 7 million is 35 thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Auto recount is <0.5%, but PA allows for a recount at any request, regardless of vote difference, as long as the requester pays for it.
    Oh boy thats gonna turn the grift up to 11.

Oh and they better get payment in advance. We all know how that goes with trump.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-11-07 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

P.S. If Biden actually manages to win this somehow, I'm downing a fucking pint of Ben & Jerry's and posting that on YouTube. I'll even let y'all pick the flavor.
    Do you like Peach?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Ya know what? fuck it, let them think it's a fraud, that it was rigged all along, let them lose trust in the system. It'll depress their turnout in future elections, and that is a net positive for the majority who didn't fall for any of trump's bullshit.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ya know what? fuck it, let them think it's a fraud, that it was rigged all along, let them lose trust in the system. It'll depress their turnout in future elections, and that is a net positive for the majority who didn't fall for any of trump's bullshit.
    It could also lead to a positive reform of all elections.

Maybe very true. And I don't think enough of them are willing to live out their militia overthrowing the government fantasies to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    live out their militia overthrowing the government fantasies
    Wondering where these fantasies come from, since the US has a massive army, all the tech in the world, etc.
    What do these militias have, a few guns?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Wondering where these fantasies come from, since the US has a massive army, all the tech in the world, etc.
    What do these militias have, a few guns?
    They usually think the US military will "side with them."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Auto recount is <0.5%, but PA allows for a recount at any request, regardless of vote difference, as long as the requester pays for it.
    That’ll be interesting to see. Think Trump will pony up, or not bother and lose any credibility he would have in demanding a recount in any other state? We all know how he hates to spend his own money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Sometimes. And sometimes they even flat out say that their numbers are big enough to overcome even that. It's full on delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

I really can't understand those thoughts, that's why I'm asking

[edit] Heard Biden might be speaking out soon? Unsure since I can't see news about it on cnn

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    That’ll be interesting to see. Think Trump will pony up, or not bother and lose any credibility he would have in demanding a recount in any other state? We all know how he hates to spend his own money.
    Oh he will, but PA better ask for the money in advance or they're being hella foolish.

3+ Year Old Account

They make no sense. If anything the military would just side with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    If past is prologue, he'll promise to pay for it and then stiff them once the recount is completed. They better get the money upfront.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Members of the military tend to be more right leaning, much like cops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What’s the number to skip recount?
    Honestly I don't think it's gonna matter either way. They'll do recounts but there are gonna be so many pathways to victory for Biden and the margins aren't large enough that recounts will meaningfully shift them one way or the other, even in GA as close as it is (outstanding overseas ballots notwithstanding). Recounts shift a few hundred votes, not thousands and certainly not tens of thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Members of the military tend to be more right leaning, much like cops.
    I'd like to believe a very big amount of the right is exactly the same as the left in one regard - they don't want bloodshed.