1. #30381
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You’d be surprised. A lot of military families are pretty religious, and religious people tend to be Republican. Like, my youngest daughter (11) came home yesterday saying her friends wanted to Trump to win because Biden believes in “killing babies” (abortion), which you know they’re just parroting what their parents say/think.
    Well, when the President insults one of the greatest Marine Corps generals in history, and mocks dead soldiers... military members tend to get a bit pissy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    There are another 30k left in Philly after that 20k, but another 150k or so left across PA.
    Thanks.
    /10
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  2. #30382
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    A lot of people wanted to give Nate Silver and 538 shit for their models, but they weren't bad at all. Considering the number of Trumpsters who lied in the polls, their models have been largely accurate.
    Yeah, I have been talking shit about him, but that might have been the red mirage? Let’s get to the finish line first... I have hope, but not much else.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  3. #30383
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, when the President insults one of the greatest Marine Corps generals in history, and mocks dead soldiers... military members tend to get a bit pissy.
    A lot don’t even know about that stuff, they’re just happy for pay raises, which tend to come (more) from Republicans, even though Trump didn’t want to do it.

    Their train of thought is mostly, Republican=more money, so they tend to vote for them.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  4. #30384
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Trump is so loathed by Republican politicians behind closed doors that I seriously doubt he'll get any support here.

    He has no allies, thanks to his bullying style. Trump is vulnerable now and they won't hesitate to slide a knife into his back, especially as they look set to keep Senate control.
    If they can make money off of it, some will. Lindsay Graham was trying to drum up donations last night on Fox both for Trump's legal defense fund and himself.

  5. #30385
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    A lot don’t even know about that stuff, they’re just happy for pay raises, which tend to come (more) from Republicans, even though Trump didn’t want to do it.

    Their train of thought is mostly, Republican=more money, so they tend to vote for them.
    You are saying military members are ignorant.

    Oh, and active duty military members don't vote much at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  6. #30386
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are saying military members are ignorant.

    Oh, and active duty military members don't vote much at all.
    Absolutely.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  7. #30387
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If Biden otherwise pulls of an electoral college victory, trump, in order to flip electors, would have to convince the then democrat-appointed electors of enough states to just vote for him instead.

    I find that hard to believe he’d accomplish. Even more so if Biden secures PA while maintaining GA/NV/AZ.
    And if Trump does steal an election that Biden has fairly won, there will be riots in the street. This is "how to start a civil war 101"

  8. #30388
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Absolutely.
    You sound a lot like Trump...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  9. #30389
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You’d be surprised. A lot of military families are pretty religious, and religious people tend to be Republican. Like, my youngest daughter (11) came home yesterday saying her friends wanted to Trump to win because Biden believes in “killing babies” (abortion), which you know they’re just parroting what their parents say/think.
    I've spent the last month or two reconnecting with the folks I grew up with back in Nebraska - they're all church people, because we all met in church, and I was the black sheep that ditched the crowd. But I was really taken aback by the fact that ALL OF THEM are voting Trump, and it's exclusively because of abortion. Literally nothing else in this race matters. It is 100% abortion for these people. It wouldn't matter if Trump personally killed Jesus so long as he's anti-abortion.

  10. #30390
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    A lot of people wanted to give Nate Silver and 538 shit for their models, but they weren't bad at all. Considering the number of Trumpsters who lied in the polls, their models have been largely accurate.
    I think the only thing he got wrong was colouring PA a bit too blue. I think he recently updated it to "leans" though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  11. #30391
    Pa just flipped

    its finally fucking over!

  12. #30392
    Stood in the Fire Setheria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    460
    CNN Reporting Penn gone blue

  13. #30393
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    A lot of people wanted to give Nate Silver and 538 shit for their models, but they weren't bad at all. Considering the number of Trumpsters who lied in the polls, their models have been largely accurate.
    Agreed! If we had an effective and modern voting process and Biden won Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, AND Georgia all on election night, people wouldn't be saying boo about him.

  14. #30394
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,895
    https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/s...10866516905984
    Decision Desk HQ projects that @JoeBiden
    has won Pennsylvania and its 20 electoral college votes for a total of 273.

    Joe Biden has been elected the 46th President of the United States of America.

    Race called at 11-06 08:50 AM EST
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  15. #30395
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,659
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    I kinda hope some of them do a little soul-searching if/when their Bronze Idol topples, despite how hard they prayed.
    Gold idol is more evocative and Trump is trying to get a golden hue, it just looks bronze to cover up all the liver spots. He is obsessed with gold...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  16. #30396
    Do my eyes genuinely see Georgia as blue right now? If that stays blue, I will laugh like Hillary.


  17. #30397
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,123
    Hahahahha PA flipped, here we go

  18. #30398

  19. #30399
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Your are talking about the Senate representing people, when it's never been about that. The House is for that. That's also why House reps are tied to specific local districts because they are meant to be the voice of their district in Congress.

    The Senate is about giving every state equal footing regardless of size. That way the Senator of California is no more important than the Senator of Connecticut even though California has a lot more people. Meanwhile the House reps of California has a lot more power than the reps of Connecticut.

    A bill has to map it through both chambers of government because both chambers have their merits and functions. One can't exist without the other.

    On matters like cabinet confirmations, the system is screwed up because of partnership that both parties participate in aside from the chamber's constitutional duties.
    And you don’t see a problem with a government that doesn’t represent the people? Because that’s what the Senate is.

    And when you say that California has more power in the house, individuals in California are weighted equally with individuals in every other state, so it still comes back to the same issue. In the house 1 Alaskan=1 Californian. In the Senate 1 Alaskan = 55 Californians. That’s just crazy. It’s a recipe for problems.

    It’s also part of the reason why the Republicans are competitive in the general election. Trump is getting a lot of extra electoral votes from states like the Dakotas, Alaska, etc. that basically mean that he gets about a 20-30 vote electoral college advantage based on the Senates undemocratic structure.

    Serious question: you seem to think that the value of a state is crucial. Why can’t California, then, split into 55 states so that it gets an extra 108 electoral college votes and it’s voting power matches Alaska’s? The state borders are arbitrary, there’s no reason all states should be treated as equal when they quite obviously aren’t.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2020-11-06 at 01:59 PM.

  20. #30400
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,895
    Biden now UP 5.5k in PA.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •