The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    As a side note, I don't buy the fake tears of conservatives and people from the left that have come out against the me too movement. None of you care about Tara Reade, you only care about pointing supposed liberal hypocrisy and to distract from the fact that Trump is responsible for how incompetent the US response has been towards COVID-19
    I said as much a few pages back, but I think you worded it better then I did. Regardless on if Reade's story is true or not, these people don't care about her beyond using her as a prop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I said as much a few pages back, but I think you worded it better then I did. Regardless on if Reade's story is true or not, these people don't care about her beyond using her as a prop.
    It’s so ridiculous, it creates a scenario, where you need to use Reade’s neighbor as a shield from being called some pretty fucked up shit. Unless you stick her in front and just say you are voting Biden for the same reason as someone confirming Reade told her the story, there is no limit on the sorts of shit you get called. It doesn’t act as a learning opportunity on how voting and supporting Biden are two different things. No... it has to be like a jack in the box, you need to spring out, as an alert...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are hooking new people. Liberals are too busy cancelling each other.
    Naw, if you look at the Hillary 2016 Mega Thread, it's literally the same people falling for it.

Even a year ago they tipped their hand in the Democrat Primary Thread.

Remember it's mostly gamers here. They will repeat the same stupid daily quests over and over for no real reward.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Because nazis replaces wallstreet... Occupy was born from WTO riots, fascists put an end to it, because new villains were marching.
    If you thought TDS has some strange effects, now we see changing history is also one of them.

I wonder how moderators can let these kinds of lies and falsifying of history go unpunished. But why bother, it must be so much fun for them. Deleting and editing posts, infracting people. They made their own "jobs" like this. With ignoring ban appeals and their biased infractions. It's a lost race. No wonder Curse wanted to get rid of MMO-C as quick as possible, seeing the moderation being done here...

- - - Updated - - -

Just a reminder, mods are now deleting all replies to this. Don’t make their jobs more difficult, by creating more posts for them to delete. Your reply won’t exist soon anyway...
    I didn't know you liked fascism so much, but it should have been clear the way you post here. What was one of the pillars of fascism again? Less freedom of speech?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voxisis View Post
    Zaktar sent me this post privately : Aww, struck a nerve, did I? Poor thing. Maybe if you create enough accounts someone will care what you think lil guy.

Great comeback Zaktar!
    This shows the state of current moderation: anybody sending such a PM to the TDS crowd gets an infraction within seconds, the other way around not so much...

- - - Updated - - -

Why isn’t senate releasing records Biden told them to release? What is GOP hiding about Biden?

I will ask again... why is GOP blocking violence against women act?
    Maybe you should go back to shouting "Russians" like you did before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    /facepalm

Fake concern trolling is so 2016... i was still at university by that time!
    Well, seeing how you post here, the quality of education in Chile must be really low. Or did you drop out?

Quote Originally Posted by William Blake View Post

I didn't know you liked fascism so much, but it should have been clear the way you post here. What was one of the pillars of fascism again? Less freedom of speech?
    Fascism is deleting posts on a mmoc forum, get his ass!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Fascism is deleting posts on a mmoc forum, get his ass!
    No reading comprehension it seems, but par for the course on MMO-C. Wasn't propaganda one of the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I mean, I can see why you would believe this might be the case, but to me this comes across as a very stubborn and very biased position to take.

Is it wrong for people to scrutinize whether women who have been the alleged victim of sexual abuse do get help and support? To criticize it when it appears as if they're being rejected from getting help and support because the 'support groups' declare that their ties with the Democratic Party's money are too strong or that they can't go after 'men in power / men in public office' ?

Of course we all get our news from different sources (and most likely there'll be the mockery made that my sources supposed are all alt-right or youtube or whatever), but at the same time the New York Times also has the reputation of being very Democratic Party aligned. And thus the image that they'd not be interested in reporting the truth even if it smacked them over the head.

That conservatives might be shedding fake tears, I'm willing to accept.
    That 'leftists' are shedding fake tears over this however seems entirely wrong to me. If anything my main criticism of leftists has always been that they're a bit too SJW and spend a bit too much effort defending puberty teenagers seeking attention about their unique sexuality on Tumblr. The fact that they also dislike Biden is just a happy coincidence. Sometimes it's possible that people have multiple motives.
    Why you even bother to have a conversation with these people? They have lost all credibility in what they say. Posting lies, propaganda and conspiracy theories. Insulting others who don't agree with them. Calling everybody outside of their bubble Trumpsters/Trumpkins/whatever. They think they (and the way they think) are the future of the US, let's hope it isn't.

I notice that my opinions slowly do rub off on them, despite attempts at group-ridicule etc.

In the end the truth always burns through the lies.
    You have a better opinion of these people than I have. Look at what and the way they post. Nothing will make them change their minds, they are basically brainwashed. Always looking for the most negative thing in what people say. Willfully misrepresenting what people say, so they think they can make a point. Posting conspiracy theories that even they know are just bullshit. Sea lioning because the moderators will not infract anyway. If these people are representative for the US, no wonder the whole world laughs at the US.

I notice that my opinions slowly do rub off on them, despite attempts at group-ridicule etc.
    That's probably true to some extent. By posting relatively sound contrary argument it becomes painfully obvious how limited they are intellectually, poor vocabulary and use of language, hysterical, circular use of logic, lack of sourcing etc.

- - - Updated - - -

No reading comprehension it seems, but par for the course on MMO-C. Wasn't propaganda one of the others?
    He's a rather strange one. Thinks he is a Marxist though spends all his time trashing any one to the left of George Bush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ah liberals, why you're so stupidly naive.
    Because they have no problems with rapists and war criminals. Nothing to do with them being naive.
    Just showing how toxic right wing ideology is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Yeah, you go girl! People with morals and standards don't exist!
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-05-05 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/u...complaint.html

She was referred to the lawyers and all of them rejected her case prolly because its v shaky and hard to prove.

Here is what the AP had to said when she first came out with her story:

https://apnews.com/aec7beb03e9e0e0e6...s&utm_campaign

Its not like people ignored the story or whatever. It was vetted multiple times and multiple times it was found lacking by literally everyone she interacted with.

It could still be true like you said but its very unlikely
    Here's more on the Time's Up smear:

"As Reade herself said when she was interviewed by pro-Sanders pundit Krystal Ball, Time's Up offered her considerable help when she first reached out to the organization. In its partnership with the National Women's Law Center, Time's Up connected Reade with a number of lawyers who interviewed her to see if she had a case worth pursuing. None of those lawyers took Reade on as a client.

It's important to understand here that Time's Up Legal Defense Fund only provides support beyond these referrals — such as PR assistance — if a client obtains a lawyer and moves to take legal action on workplace harassment. But Reade told Salon she wasn't interested in suing Biden. Instead, she was angry "about the smears about being a Russian agent" from Biden supporters and was hoping a lawyer could find a way to stop them.

One law firm Reade spoke with confirmed that they would not take a case with the ambiguous goal of trying to shut down people on social media who were speculating about an accuser being a "Russian agent."

Carrie Goldberg runs a firm dedicated to defending women against sexual abuse. Time's Up helped Reade set up a meeting with her. Goldberg told Salon that she would not "comment on who reaches out to our firm for help" but said that "our firm never hesitates to take on powerful adversaries." She said her firm is not, however, in the business of threatening "to sue conspiracy theorists for potentially protected speech."

Salon's discussions with Reade indicated that she was less interested in legal action and more in public relations representation — for "protection" and to handle "being inundated" by phone calls from reporters. After this interview, Reade continued to send messages to Salon indicating her anger over not getting help with PR. (To clarify: That doesn't rule out Reade retaining legal counsel for matters related to her allegations, but at press time she had not done so.) It's important to understand here that the mission of Time's Up Legal Defense Fund is providing support for clients taking action on workplace harassment, who have secured a lawyer, and the PR services are in support of that."

More here: https://www.salon.com/2020/03/31/a-w...-what-we-know/
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Because they have no problems with rapists and war criminals. Nothing to do with them being naive.
    Just showing how toxic right wing ideology is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you go girl! People with morals and standards don't exist!
    And the left really actually cared about any of the Trump accusers other than for political gain? Dont make me laugh. They all disappeared after they played their political role. Noone cares about a single person at all. They are all just used for their use and just thrown in the trash. And it totally happens on both sides. No life is worth more than the collective unless it helps the person trying to help them. Thats why police are heroes. They stand up for people and risk their loves as a choice with no fanfare. Neither side cares about people but just getting reelected after they have been in politics for to long.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And the left really actually cared about any of the Trump accusers other than for political gain? Dont make me laugh. They all disappeared after they played their political role. Noone cares about a single person at all. They are all just used for their use and just thrown in the trash. And it totally happens on both sides. No life is worth more than the collective unless it helps the person trying to help them. Thats why police are heroes. They stand up for people and risk their loves as a choice with no fanfare. Neither side cares about people but just getting reelected after they have been in politics for to long.
    They just don't see their own hypocrisy. Constantly crying about whatboutism, but every other post is "but Trump".

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    People actually use "TDS" unironically? Guess that explains the type of person that is sad enough to make account after account to post on an irrelevant, niche MMO forum.
    So irrelevant that people claim it is influencing voters and Russia spends thousands of dollars on bots. The first time people heard about autism they laughed about it too, and look at the spectrum we have today

Some people spend their time watching anime, others visit a niche MMO forum. Discuss what's more sad...
    Last edited by William Blake; 2020-05-05 at 12:38 PM.

So irrelevant that people claim it is influencing voters and Russia spends thousands of dollars on bots. The first time people heard about autism they laughed about it too, and look at the spectrum we have today

Some people spend their time watching anime, others visit a niche MMO forum. Discuss what's more sad...
    those like me who do both! oh shit this wasnt a contest to win...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

People actually use "TDS" unironically? Guess that explains the type of person that is sad enough to make account after account to post on an irrelevant, niche MMO forum.
    How is that different from you posting endless crap on irrelevant niche MMO forum?

Quote Originally Posted by parnlipe View Post
    How is that different from you posting endless crap on irrelevant niche MMO forum?
    Why is making an account and post bullshit so different from having an account already an posting bullshit? They think, because they have accounts for a longer period, they have more "rights" posting bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is making an account and post bullshit so different from having an account already an posting bullshit? They think, because they have accounts for a longer period, they have more "rights" posting bullshit?
    The effort... if I’m on a device where I need to log in to this forum, I’ll do something else. If it required logging in every fucking time, I wouldn’t do it. I really don’t care enough to even log in, while approaching 50k posts. If I’m going to be annoyed at long loading times in a game I paid for, why would I bother creating a new account on a free forum?

Yes, the ones causing calls to poison control over drinking bleach to spike.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I know of various software packets that can automate this entire process so you might not even need to do anything or be aware that you've got multiple accounts.
    I know some people who used to do this in other free-to-play games. The bot basically just kept making a hundred new accounts a day for them without needing to do anything.
    That’s way too much effort... I can build that my self, from scratch... Why would I do it for free on this forum? Do you know how much you can make per hour, doing that, instead of using it here? That’s not just caring too much, it’s bordering on self harm.

That’s way too much effort... I can build that my self, from scratch... Why would I do it for free on this forum? Do you know how much you can make per hour, doing that, instead of using it here? That’s not just caring too much, it’s bordering on self harm.
    So how much money you could have made by not posting here. Let's estimate: 46,666 posts with an average of 2 minutes to make (low average): 1,556 hours. Now minimum wage of USD 15: more than 23,000 USD. Wow...