10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's not just a stutter, he's been notorious for his gaffes since he was nominated as Obama's VP. He's prone to slips and frankly, not a very strong public speaker regardless.

I swear almost anyone else going for the nom would've been better.
    I’ve only seen his speeches from late 80s and this was probably the closest that he sounded to that, this whole election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    whatever you're into, man.
    It didn’t even occur to me... dirty dirty mind...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    Trump supporters on Twitter are saying that the election was unfair and that Trump will win in the courts.

They really do live in a different reality, don't they?
    Yep, I have someone arguing with me on WoW saying that the SCOTUS will decide it, and I told him, they better have evidence, and he said they have it, but he can't provide a single shred of it. They post bullshit like O'Keefe and other conspiracy tards.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t know why Kamala gets so much hate... Her shoulder shake is a bit robotic, but she nailed the speech and... I don’t know... I think she has a radiant smile.
    Im crushing a little too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    An actual presidential speech from an actual president.

Been at least four years since I've heard something like this.

We have a normal president once again.
    It was nice to have a speech from a president that didn't insult anyone for once.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

2 great speeches from our president and vice president elect.

So nice to see that we'll have a guy in the most powerful position in the world that can actually read a prepared speech and not screw it up due to being completely illiterate, he'll get actual intelligent reports instead of coloring books. so much anxiety that's been building over the past 4 years from trump is just... it's gone.

Fighting for a more perfect union. We'll continue the fight, instead of waving the white flag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    It was nice to have a speech from a president that didn't insult anyone for once.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaass!!! The lowest bar had been cleared...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

It happened once on the largest stage in the world... he did really well and am not grading on a curve...
    Yea, he's really doing well. I'm not very educated on the details of politics in the US, so I can only say how I feel he comes across and I think from pure looks he's likable and he sounds very presidential.
    Same for Kamala Harris, I like the way she carries herself and she's got an almost infectious smile, I always have to smile myself when I see a picture of it

They'll have to be judged based on their policies, of course, but jugding someone because of a disability (not you, but some people seemed to have implied that with their posts) is just sad.

That was a very important speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Can you imaging what this says to anyone here reading this that has a stutter? Maybe you don't care but you just told a whole group of people they will never be good enough because of something beyond their control.
    I am not talking about his stutter. In fact I didn't notice stuttering in what I watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What lovely speeches from both Biden and Harris
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    That was a very important speech.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yea, he's really doing well. I'm not very educated on the details of politics in the US, so I can only say how I feel he comes across and I think from pure looks he's likable and he sounds very presidential.
    Same for Kamala Harris, I like the way she carries herself and she's got an almost infectious smile, I always have to smile myself when I see a picture of it

They'll have to be judged based on their policies, of course, but jugding someone because of a disability (not you, but some people seemed to have implied that with their posts) is just sad.
    That was the whole point... just be nice... at this moment, before he can actually do anything, that’s all he can do.

I don’t know why Kamala gets so much hate... Her shoulder shake is a bit robotic, but she nailed the speech and... I don’t know... I think she has a radiant smile.
    I liked her speech a lot. I was not that much of a Kamala fan at first, but now I like her quite a lot. I think she completely nailed her speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yaaaaaaaaaaass!!! The lowest bar had been cleared...
    Right?

We now have to bring that bar back up to where it belongs.

Not down on the fucking floor where it is right now.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I liked her speech a lot. I was not that much of a Kamala fan at first, but now I like her quite a lot. I think she completely nailed her speech.
    I didn't like kamala or Biden very much, and while i still rather have bernie, but jeez the last few months have really changed my mind on these two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Checking in on the ass hole watch... still no word from Trump... too silent for this moment... what an asshole...

Edit: Politico took down the map from their main page and replaced it with Biden’s speech... let’s go!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-08 at 02:39 AM.

Kamala's rallies were always a bit hit and miss for me but, not sure about y'all, I think she nailed it tonight. I've warmed up to her a lot. Maybe it's just the post-victory emotions but I think she'll be a fantastic VP.

Right?

We now have to bring that bar back up to where it belongs.

Not down on the fucking floor where it is right now.
    Sad we even have to start from that level at all...

Checking in on the ass hole watch... still no word from Trump... too silent for this moment... what an asshole...
    538 said hes not saying anything tonight. Bet we get a twitter spree at like 5 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Looking at Trump, I would say you can't make this stuff up, but nah, this was all so easily predicted what would happen when Trump lost. Seems like even Trump himself didn't have faith that he would win this election when he started to attack mail-in ballots.

Now I bet, if Trump ever actually gives up his temper tantrum, he'll go on to say how he tried to drain the swamp, but the swamp got rid of him.
    Well, Trump is right, the swamp got rid of him. He forgot that he brought it with him and it went away when he left.

He was actually, aside from Tulsi, my least favorite person in the primary.

But I'm glad he's President and I'm glad Mango Mussolini is done.
    Same. And, the way the election turned out, I think he is exactly the right person for the job.

From a left standpoint, with all the turmoil that is out there, this is a good time to lay the groundwork for the future. If Sanders were President rather than Biden, he would be blamed for every single problem that he was not able to solve, and the left would be blamed with him. And America really has a lot of problems to solve.

The line of his speech that I liked best was the part of him having a virus team that will be ready to go by January 20. He is doing all the hard work so that the policies that he implements will be about the best that can be done. Maybe he'll get... definitely he'll get some things right and others wrong, but he'll ... his team will make the best call with the information they have, and adjust as necessary.

And mostly going after one big problem at a time seems like a good reasonable plan at this time.