Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What was the deal with the four seasons thing? Like if they accidently booked the wrong venue why not just cancel and rebook the venue you wanted rather than being so weird about it and trying to go ahead?

That's like planning on going to the swimming centre but you booked mcdonalds instead, but you still go in your swim trunks...
    They probably realized too late, or the Four Seasons Hotel was already booked, or was closed down due to Covid, etc. etc..
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'm repeating what I said before, Biden won the election, but he didn't win the people he needed to win... Trump gained a massive amount of voters despite his horrible politics.

Here are some illuminating and sobering articles from various sources:
    Trump GAINED voters in Philly compared to 2016 /Philadelphia Inquirer
    https://www.inquirer.com/news/presid...-20201107.html

Democrats unable to find a narrative of their own besides "Anti-Trump" /Politico
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-voters-434100

How the Clinton years policies and Biden himself contributed to losing the working class constituents and polarization /The Guardian - the most interesting read imo
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...efeat-election
    This is all Doom and Gloom. Republican incumbents apparently almost always gain support. If he hadn't screwed up COVID, he would've won this election. Can we agree on that? Then look at this. I looked back at history to see how incumbent Republicans faired in their re-election. I went all the way back to Eisenhower, and here is what I see:

Bush Sr (1992) -25% votes (Loss)

Eisenhower (1964) +4.23% votes (Won)

Trump (2020) +11% votes (Loss)

Reagan (1984) +19% votes (Won)

Bush Jr (2004) +18.6% votes (Won)

Nixon (1972) +32.6% votes (Won)

Bush Sr is the only main outlier here and that was due to a third party run that siphoned off a lot of his vote.

If History over the last 100 years has anything to say about it, as long as Trump isn't on the ballot in 2024, the Republicans will see a major drop in support in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What was the deal with the four seasons thing? Like if they accidently booked the wrong venue why not just cancel and rebook the venue you wanted rather than being so weird about it and trying to go ahead?

That's like planning on going to the swimming centre but you booked mcdonalds instead, but you still go in your swim trunks...
    Because Trump's narcissism refuses to allow him to admit to making a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    This is all Doom and Gloom. Republican incumbents apparently almost always gain support. If he hadn't screwed up COVID, he would've won this election. Can we agree on that?
    Hmm...not sure.
    Couple of things that could've ensured a Trump reelection; had he not pushed for tax cuts; had he kept his promise for a better cheaper health insurance plan...
    Well we wouldn't be talking about Biden's chances today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm...not sure.
    Couple of things that could've ensured a Trump reelection; had he not pushed for tax cuts; had he kept his promise for a better cheaper health insurance plan...
    That would have required him to actually do something other then golf every week and talk in public about how hes gona make things better for 4 years, after being elected to make things better. An entire 4 year of hot air symbolism.

Hmm...not sure.
    Clearly calling on terror grooo up os wasn’t the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Oh, Fox news was comparing him to Jackson the other day as if it was a good comparison. Either historically illiterate or just racist, it's hard to tell with Fox.
    not mutually excusive
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    The fawning over McCain is as bad as the fawning over Bush Jr. Both of them were awful people.
    https://theintercept.com/2017/07/27/...rrible-record/
    Good article with a bunch of shit McCain has done, all sourced.

The guy was an awful human being. Him defending Obama once, and "voting against Trump" in meaningless votes (while voting with the party when it mattered) doesn't excuse the heaps of shit he has done.

What's next? Are we going to excuse all the dumb crap Trump has done in 5-10 years because "He seems like a chill dude to have a beer with" - like people already do with Bush Jr?
    People have defended the Obama's admin on using pepper spray on protesters blocking Wall Street.
    All about comparisons.
    Bush jr shines up nicer when comparing him to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Memes are good.

*snip*
    is that a real cover?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's next? Are we going to excuse all the dumb crap Trump has done in 5-10 years because "He seems like a chill dude to have a beer with" - like people already do with Bush Jr?
    I think this is a bit of a misunderstanding... Bush is so bad, that he was used as the bottom, to say Trump went even under that. It doesn’t excuse Bush, just use him as a frame of reference for shit, to claim that Trump is what ever shit, shits...

Edit: Marklar...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The fawning over McCain is as bad as the fawning over Bush Jr. Both of them were awful people.

The guy was an awful human being. Him defending Obama once, and "voting against Trump" in meaningless votes (while voting with the party when it mattered) doesn't excuse the heaps of shit he has done.

Some people aren't really fawning over him. I simply said that him saying Obama was a good family man and not some alquaeda terrorist was a decent thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Ok, no difference, have it your way. Does not change he took part in it. And you know who else where following orders? Nazi Soldiers?

Since when is that a defense? You think just going to a foreign country to kill its population for no good reason is somehow okay now?
    Ya know who else was just following orders? Soviet soldiers committing War Crimes against German, Japanese and Chinese(!!) civilians. I guess that's what happens when Communism Wins.

Most of the German military wasn't tried for war crimes because that's simply stupid. Again McCain didn't do anything wrong during Vietnam. You're just making moronic arguments against an American politician even after I gave you tonnes of things you could actually shit on him for.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have defended the Obama's admin on using pepper spray on protesters blocking Wall Street.
    All about comparisons.
    Bush jr shines up nicer when comparing him to Trump.
    Obama and Occupy Wallstreet was an optics issue. MSM was too quick to join Fox in pushing stories about theft and crime of occupy... you saw that with Trump, but amplified to the point he had unmarked cars snatching people off the street. Media wasn’t covering the old nun that got pepper sprayed to shit, resulting in a group of strangers on a bus, joining to get her help. No... you saw the same shit media did to CHAZ, with democrats taking a similar... I didn’t do it... Bart Simpson stance...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Naw, he actually did some good stuff. Enough that he was censured by the Arizona GOP. I would put McCain at about 70% shithead, 30% decent human being. That's a lot better than I would give most GOP politicians (or their supporters).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Some people aren't really fawning over him. I simply said that him saying Obama was a good family man and not some alquaeda terrorist was a decent thing to say.
    It’s a zero sum game for some people. I can disagree with his policy, but I can respect him as a human being and what he went through to protect his platoon. You can have two conflicting opinions of an individual, when discussing two of their actions. Not having the ability to do so, at an absolute extreme, makes one question breathing... because serial killers do it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Naw, he actually did some good stuff. Enough that he was censured by the Arizona GOP. I would put McCain at about 70% shithead, 30% decent human being. That's a lot better than I would give most GOP politicians (or their supporters).
    It really depends on the subject and how nuanced you want to get. I realize this is virtue signaling... but, the dude is an adopted father. I can’t be 100% against someone who adopted children. Those people must have a good heart...

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    If you ignore the part where his words where also racist by saying he was not an arab but a "decent family man", implying arabs can not be decent family men.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Obama and Occupy Wallstreet was an optics issue.
    You will never convince me of that.
    Not when every city having their "Occupy" problem gets nailed almost simultaneously by federal agents. Pay-to-play politics with Wall Street calling in some of their markers.
    ----
    That's all off topic and probably an "agree to disagree" issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Ya know who else was just following orders? Soviet soldiers committing War Crimes against German, Japanese and Chinese(!!) civilians. I guess that's what happens when Communism Wins.

Most of the German military wasn't tried for war crimes because that's simply stupid. Again McCain didn't do anything wrong during Vietnam. You're just making moronic arguments against an American politician even after I gave you tonnes of things you could actually shit on him for.
    Yeah, fuck the sovjiets.

Where you looking for something else? And invading a country to go and then bomb killing god knows how many people is not wrong now? You can love your little McCain however much you want, but trying to justify what the US did in Vietnam just goes to show that a lot of people here really don't give a fuck who gets harmed by US foreign policy.

"just following orders" aint an fucking excuse.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about the 2020 elections?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If you ignore the part where his words where also racist by saying he was not an arab but a "decent family man", implying arabs can not be decent family men.
    Yaaaaas queen!!! Use that neocon message!!! Here is a picture of the “racist” McCain’s family at his funeral:

Sorry to be off topic... but this isn’t right...

Edit: It is absolutely disgusting to watch a tankie, claim McCain is racist. When the god damn neoCons, literally sent out pictures of his adopted daughter, to discourage racists from voting for him. You want to know the tact Bush used as a neocon to beat McCain? Claiming he isn’t racist...
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-08 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics - Warning