Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    The Supreme Court is going to overrule any state objections and allow the states to send the GOP electors.
    That would be an act of war.

The Supreme court has not acted that lawlessly up to this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamushi View Post
    How difficult would it be to:

1. Make gerrymandering illegal.
    2. Implement automatic voter registration for all citizens.
    3. Increase the number of polling stations/alternative voting methods so people don't have to queue for literally hours.
    4. Get rid of the electoral college system altogether.
    REALLY hard
    due to state's rights requires an constitutional amendment to make something that cant just be changed when the state gov changes

and good luck on getting the GOP to do something they have said for YEARS would cost them elections
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

The Supreme Court is going to overrule any state objections and allow the states to send the GOP electors.
    He lost, get over it.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

OK. I'm still... Concerned, but I do feel relieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there aren't any straws to grasp at, just make some up.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There is snowballs chance in hell Supreme Court does anything at these margins.

If this would be 1k margin across the battleground states, then there would be a fair shot. 20k+? Not going to happen.
    They can and will.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Yes the problem with trump supporters is they were mean to democrats when they lost the election so if you're mean to them you're just as bad!
    Does make the division stronger, every time it happens.
    Maybe that's just me tho

They can and will.
    Dude, This is over... For your own mental health...

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is VERY likely to win this thanks to the Supreme Court

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ce/ar-BB1asZSx

Kavanaugh embraced a legal theory that could let Republican-controlled state legislatures override results certified by Democratic officials. That argument, developed by three conservative justices in the 2000 Bush v. Gore case, says the Supreme Court should intervene in a presidential election dispute even when a state court is interpreting its own laws.

Citing that opinion, Kavanaugh pointed to a constitutional provision that says state legislatures get to determine how electors are appointed to the Electoral College, the body that formally selects the U.S. president.

“The text of the Constitution requires federal courts to ensure that state courts do not rewrite state election laws,” Kavanaugh wrote. He was one of three current justices, including Roberts and Barrett, who worked as lawyers for Republican George W. Bush in the 2000 election fight.

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Michigan all have Republican-controlled legislatures and Democratic governors, creating the possibility those states could send dueling slates of electors to the Electoral College in the event of a disputed election.

Straight up point blank. Kavanaugh clearly says federal courts can and WILL override state courts and state law and permit state legislators to send the GOP set of electors regardless of the count.
    Damn, so people are already spreading fake news?

PA was already given the judicial pass. SCOTUS can't and won't override state elections unless the state forgot its own laws, which none of them did.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This is why Guiliani is up there right now parading a slew of poll watchers telling tales of the corruption. The GOP is building a case to have the GOP set of electors sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamushi View Post
    How difficult would it be to:

1. Make gerrymandering illegal.
    2. Implement automatic voter registration for all citizens.
    3. Increase the number of polling stations/alternative voting methods so people don't have to queue for literally hours.
    4. Get rid of the electoral college system altogether.
    i always think not having automatic voter registration is one of the most unamerican things about america.

Its gonna go to the Supreme Court.
    And what do what???

The current vote count in PA doesn't included any votes which arrived after the election, but post marked before it. Those were the ones he was wanting thrown out and even without them Biden still carried the state. And with it being a 0.5% or higher margin, no automatic recount is triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    First of all, congratulations people.

And i must admit the reactions are very....entertaining to say at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Supreme Court is going to overrule any state objections and allow the states to send the GOP electors. This is exactly what the Kavanaugh said.
    Look, buddy. If Trump would win, it would be better for me, so let's say I have vested interest in him actually winning. But all this noise and crap with little actual evidence to go with? What do you think Supreme Court is some bunch of jokesters? Conspiracy theories and crap are good for Twitter, but they don't fly with actual judges.

What I expect is that he might claw back some votes here and there, but it is obvious that the margins are simply not there. So yes, Biden is the next president and better shrug and move on instead of making a joke of yourself.

Nevada was called for Biden. Worst case scenario, he wins by 279

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    REALLY hard
    due to state's rights requires an constitutional amendment to make something that cant just be changed when the state gov changes

and good luck on getting the GOP to do something they have said for YEARS would cost them elections
    I hope that it would be possible to at least begin to make some progress on those issues with Biden and hopefully more even senate.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why Guiliani is up there right now parading a slew of poll watchers telling tales of the corruption. The GOP is building a case to have the GOP set of electors sent.
    Court would need a tad more than bunch of randos saying random shit. It's not MMO-C there.

Die, do you know how also uses the Supreme Court to win elections?

Nicolas Maduro. It's great, that at the end, Trumpists are the same as the pro-Maduro.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Biden will never be my president. He'd only be president of those who allowed the most corrupt media in history to choose their president.
    Media didn't choose the President, we did... all 74,487,517 of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

5+ Year Old Account
    Look at that the Real Silent Majority voted.