1. #32761
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,170
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    15% more women voted for Hillary than Trump in 2016.
    Biden won about the same percentage of women...
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  2. #32762
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Trying to defuse or lessen it by saying "But did the liberals really win?" is patently dishonest and, ultimately, quite harmful to actual progress.
    Look who is pushing it... harm is all they do...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  3. #32763
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You, unfortunately, aren’t most voters.
    Maybe most voters should take some civics classes in high school before they vote then.

    It's super basic shit. Policy is not complicated in big picture terms.

    "Raise taxes and provide better social services, leading to increased economic freedom".

    "Provide incentives for power production companies to shift to renewables in order to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels".

    "Don't let the police shoot black people in the street for no actual reason".

    Really basic stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  4. #32764
    Legendary! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    6,325
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Maybe most voters should take some civics classes in high school before they vote then.

    It's super basic shit. Policy is not complicated in big picture terms.

    "Raise taxes and provide better social services, leading to increased economic freedom".

    "Provide incentives for power production companies to shift to renewables in order to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels".

    "Don't let the police shoot black people in the street for no actual reason".

    Really basic stuff.
    That’s what I alluded to with the unfortunately bit.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  5. #32765
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That’s what I alluded to with the unfortunately bit.
    Maybe I should run for local office on a platform of teaching high schoolers not to be fucking societal morons.

    I'm in a blue state, it could probably work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  6. #32766
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,492
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    15% more women voted for Hillary than Trump in 2016.
    Not where it mattered. Very important thing to note.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  7. #32767
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think this "Bernie would have won even biglier!" talk is not useful at this time.

    Take this victory as what it is: a victory. A rejection of Trump. Two things that were sorely needed for the United States.Two things that detractors cannot take away from the democratic party.

    Trying to defuse or lessen it by saying "But did the liberals really win?" is patently dishonest and, ultimately, quite harmful to actual progress.
    fact of the matter is we still have to contend with at least an evenly split congress so nothing at least somewhat palatable to repubs is gonna get through.
    biden is apparently skilled in negotiating so that is a hopeful sign.
    a lot hinges on the georgia election later.

  8. #32768
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,374
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    fact of the matter is we still have to contend with at least an evenly split congress so nothing at least somewhat palatable to repubs is gonna get through.
    biden is apparently skilled in negotiating so that is a hopeful sign.
    a lot hinges on the georgia election later.
    Obama brought the country out of a recession despite having two houses of congress stacked against him. I'm sure Biden will succeed.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  9. #32769
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    fact of the matter is we still have to contend with at least an evenly split congress so nothing at least somewhat palatable to repubs is gonna get through.
    biden is apparently skilled in negotiating so that is a hopeful sign.
    a lot hinges on the georgia election later.
    I think Biden also knows where the bodies are buried to a certain extent. Dude has been in Congress longer than I've been alive.

    If he has Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell both willing to work with him, it's either because they know he isn't going to push very hard (which I think is wrong, because the Dem base would be furious and sit out for the midterms) or they know that he has leverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  10. #32770
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    More than 4 million votes... Luke warm... largest vote count in US history... noice...
    Smaller margin of victory than Obama had over Romney or McCain despite a massive "Get out the vote" campaign against the worst president in living memory.. Dems lost House seats. A significant number of Biden voters voted against Trump and not for Biden. So yes, lukewarm.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  11. #32771
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    26,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think this "Bernie would have won even biglier!" talk is not useful at this time.

    Take this victory as what it is: a victory. A rejection of Trump. Two things that were sorely needed for the United States.Two things that detractors cannot take away from the democratic party.

    Trying to defuse or lessen it by saying "But did the liberals really win?" is patently dishonest and, ultimately, quite harmful to actual progress.
    It's a victory, yes, but far from a rejection of Trump. By the numbers, it's more or less a standard Democratic win over a Republican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  12. #32772
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Smaller margin of victory than Obama had over Romney or McCain despite a massive "Get out the vote" campaign against the worst president in living memory.. Dems lost House seats. A significant number of Biden voters voted against Trump and not for Biden. So yes, lukewarm.
    You know counting isn't done yet, and won't be for a week or so, right?

    Like Biden got enough votes that it is mathematically impossible for Trump to win, which is why the election was called, but he can still run up the score in CA and NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  13. #32773
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,943
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    People are wrong sometimes. Why be immature about it?

    Oh right, this is MMO-C. Either way, I still dislike the far-left and I suspect you are one as this amount of sore winning is typical of them.
    The nerve:

    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Online leftists really starting to push this anti-white rhetoric big time. I can't wait to see what another 4 years of Trump does to your psyches.
    I do get a kick out of someone with your name, telling others to be mature. You think you were just wrong? You see that psyches comment as maturity?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  14. #32774
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Obama brought the country out of a recession despite having two houses of congress stacked against him. I'm sure Biden will succeed.
    yea, apparently a lot of that is attributed to biden working behind the scenes.

  15. #32775
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,492
    Yall remember this thread?

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...=Kamala+Harris

    Good times.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  16. #32776
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Smaller margin of victory than Obama had over Romney or McCain despite a massive "Get out the vote" campaign against the worst president in living memory.. Dems lost House seats. A significant number of Biden voters voted against Trump and not for Biden. So yes, lukewarm.
    That’s interesting... would you mind posting crying liberals memes as you say it was lukewarm? Because I doubt all those crying liberals are having a lukewarm reaction.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  17. #32777
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    You know counting isn't done yet, and won't be for a week or so, right?

    Like Biden got enough votes that it is mathematically impossible for Trump to win, which is why the election was called, but he can still run up the score in CA and NY.
    Not by several million.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s interesting... would you mind posting crying liberals memes as you say it was lukewarm? Because I doubt all those crying liberals are having a lukewarm reaction.
    Its usually not the winners that learn from victory...
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  18. #32778
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Not by several million.
    It’s the largest turn out in US history... How many times in US history has an incumbent lost? 3?

    Edit: It’s 10... grats!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Its usually no the winners that learn from victory...
    That’s fantastic... What do people learn when a country votes against an ideology by 3 million, than 4 million? When was the last time GOP was able to win the popular vote? What you are describing, is the system is rigged for elite GOP like Trump, where even beating them by more than 4 million votes is not impressive... we do it every time... without you being used to the left being shafted by elites, 4 million vote difference would be dominated... instead it’s Luke war... liberals beat Trump by 3 million and that wasn’t even a win...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-08 at 05:07 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  19. #32779
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Yall remember this thread?

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...=Kamala+Harris

    Good times.
    from what i have seen she is the main focus of a lot of trumpers ire, for obvious reasons. woman, non-white.

  20. #32780
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Smaller margin of victory than Obama had over Romney or McCain despite a massive "Get out the vote" campaign against the worst president in living memory.. Dems lost House seats. A significant number of Biden voters voted against Trump and not for Biden. So yes, lukewarm.
    Over 50%, good old mandate is nothing lukewarm about it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •