Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Doing something like this would cause a massive amount of civil unrest. Like open rebellion levels of civil unrest. Republicans better think very, very carefully about whether or not that's a road they want to go down.
    Don't be so sure about that. Unlike Goopers and Trumpkins people who oppose them actually have a life.

Sure there will be some civil unrest, but after whichever stooge Trump has at the DoD now looks the other way, the DoJ releases its black van bagmen and chooses to look the other way as militias machine gun down protesters in "self defense" the unrest will fade, and a new dawn will rise on the Stupid Fascist States of America.

I really hope I'm wrong and I'm just going full tinfoil hat conspiratard traumatized by the last 4 years, but I am holding my breath until Trump is actually out of the White House and there's a Biden appointee running the DoJ, DoD and State Department.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps...&source=Reddit

Apparently it's such a pathetic shitshow that even mentioning Biden's name around Trump will get you fired.

Talk about one of the most epic adult temper tantrums that's ever existed in the history of humanity.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Doing something like this would cause a massive amount of civil unrest. Like open rebellion levels of civil unrest. Republicans better think very, very carefully about whether or not that's a road they want to go down.
    It - very probably - would not work anyway

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...ture_Paper.pdf

CONCLUSION

A state legislature’s post-Election Day substitution of its own preferences for those of voters would violate federal law. Even if circumstances delay the final determination of the results of a state’s election beyond Election Day, a state legislature may not usurp the electoral process under the pretext of declaring a failed election. Absent a true election failure—something the country has not experienced in modern history—federal law requires states to appoint electors on Election Day. A state legislature’s attempt to override the will of voters would also violate fundamental democratic norms, jeopardize the state’s entitlement to ensure that Congress defers to its chosen slate of electors, and raise significant constitutional concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Don't be so sure about that. Unlike Goopers and Trumpkins people who oppose them actually have a life.

Sure there will be some civil unrest, but after whichever stooge Trump has at the DoD now looks the other way, the DoJ releases its black van bagmen and chooses to look the other way as militias machine gun down protesters in "self defense" the unrest will fade, and a new dawn will rise on the Stupid Fascist States of America.

I really hope I'm wrong and I'm just going full tinfoil hat conspiratard traumatized by the last 4 years, but I am holding my breath until Trump is actually out of the White House and there's a Biden appointee running the DoJ, DoD and State Department.
    I don't think your wrong in the results, I mean there will never be revolution in this country due to our military, but it won't matter because this shit isn't gonna go down anyways.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/...716284928?s=20
    It's beginning.

(Reuters) - The largest law firm representing the Trump campaign or its allies in post-election litigation challenging votes in key states has withdrawn from an election lawsuit in Maricopa County, Arizona.

(h/t ⁦@blakehounshell⁩) ⁦@Reuters⁩ https://t.co/VVJqwVJfFr
    Lawfirms aren't willing to get their lawyers disbarred.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's beginning.

Generally not a good business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Still... let’s let Trump supporters watch it... all of them. It’s not torture if they ask for it...
    Hopefully Georgia didn't tell them where the ballots were stored if they asked like they did the other state.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Uhm... Being a Trump Supporter, means you support an ideology. Trump supporters are of all creeds, gender and sexual orientation... the thing that unifies them, is support of Trumpism. I am sorry, you are permitted to deride bad ideology.
    The post I replied to accused all Trump supporters of lying about that ideology, that there's some super secret code words. I'm pointing out the absurdity, alongside the hypocrisy. Or are you going to also try to argue that every single such person understood those code words, in spite of your own assertion as to the wide variety of people?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You would make this same argument and concern the world about Nazi's....
    Nice invocation of Godwin's Law, mixed with ad hom. Do you have an actual argument?
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2020-11-12 at 02:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Apparently it's such a pathetic shitshow that even mentioning Biden's name around Trump will get you fired.

Talk about one of the most epic adult temper tantrums that's ever existed in the history of humanity.
    "What are you up to?"
    "Me? Nothing. Just biding my time until--"
    *STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP*
    "Oh lawd he comin!"
    "WHO DARES SAY HIS NAME?!"
    "I didn't, sir! I said biding! Not Biden--ohshit!"
    *Mr. Spacely jowl wagging* "Y-b-y-b-y-b-h-yoooou're fired!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Hopefully Georgia didn't tell them where the ballots were stored if they asked like they did the other state.
    You know, I keep seeing that mentioned, but was it directly linked to Trump's campaign/staff? I thought it was some random Trump supporter calling for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's beginning.

Either that or the check bounced

GOP Sen. James Lankford Promises to ‘Step In’ If Biden Isn’t Getting NatSec Intel Briefings by Friday: ‘This Needs to Occur’

Republican Sen. James Lankford (OK) promised that he would “step in” to the dispute if the President-Elect Joe Biden was not given access to U.S. intelligence briefings by Friday.

In a long interview with host Russell Mills for Tulsa radio station KRMG, Lankford discussed the Covid-19 pandemic and the 2020 election. Near the end of the 35-minute discussion, the host pushed Lankford on Trump’s refusal to accept the called race in Biden’s favor. (The relevant portion begins at the 22:45 mark.)

“I gotta tell you, national security is a concern,” Mills said. “Because Mr. Biden is not getting the briefings that he would normally be getting at this stage of the process.”

Earlier in the interview, the Oklahoma senator acknowledged that Biden had been called the victor by all the news networks, but said President Donald Trump was within his rights to mount legal challenges against any voting irregularities. (However, there is no evidence of the kind of widespread voter fraud necessary to overturn the result in any of the swing states.)

“That should be resolved by Friday,” Lankford said, of Biden’s lack of intelligence access. “[General Services Administration] has to certify that election to start turning it around. The first day they can do that on the calendar is Friday. And when that occurs, they should actually step in and, I will tell you, I’m on the committee of oversight, I’ve already started engaging in this area.”

Lankford then noted that during the protracted legal recount fight over the 2000 election, then-President Bill Clinton granted then-Texas Governor George W. Bush intelligence briefing access weeks before the Supreme Court ultimately ruled in his favor.

“There’s nothing wrong with Vice President Biden getting the briefings to be able to prepare himself and so that he can be ready,” Lankford explained. “There is no loss from him getting the briefings to be able to do that and if that’s not occurring by Friday, I will step in as well and to be able to push to say ‘This needs to occur,’ so that, regardless of the outcome of the election, whichever way that it goes, people can be ready for that actual task.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    The post I replied to accused all Trump supporters of lying about that ideology, that there's some super secret code words. I'm pointing out the absurdity, alongside the hypocrisy.
    No, Trumpism in a single word would be lying... we have had posters admit lying to pollsters. Right now, Trump is lying about election results, while most of the money being donated to him, is going to pay RNC and his campaign debt. If it’s not lying, what is it?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nice invocation of Godwin's Law, mixed with ad hom. Do you have an actual argument?
    Yes...and apparently it went right over your head. You literally quoted my point and then admitted to not understanding it.

(and you didn't even get Godwin's Law right... )

No, Trumpism in a single word would be lying... we have had posters admit lying to pollsters. Right now, Trump is lying about election results, while most of the money being donated to him, is going to pay RNC and his campaign debt. If it’s not lying, what is it?
    So you're not going to address what I said, but bring up examples that have nothing to do with the platform and the accusations about it. OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yes...and apparently it went right over your head. You literally quoted my point and then admitted to not understanding it.

(and you didn't even get Godwin's Law right... )
    Your "point" appears to be an accusation that I would somehow defend Nazis, when they had not been mentioned. Godwin's Law is about Nazis being brought into the discussion.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2020-11-12 at 02:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    It - very probably - would not work anyway

A state legislature’s post-Election Day substitution of its own preferences for those of voters would violate federal law.
    You talk as though that means anything to a party that has violated federal law at least once an hour for the past 5 years.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Yeah, unfortunately we all know what a GOP promise is worth. Prove me wrong Lankford.

Putting it simply, moderate Dems in swing districts need to be able to say "Just because so-and-so is also a democrat doesn't mean I will be dragged to the left on every issue. I support the voters in $state, and YOUR concerns are what matters to me, not the concerns of AOC or Pelosi or Sanders".

That they can't do so convincingly means they suck at messaging and voter outreach, not that progressives in progressive states/districts need to back off the policies that got them elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're not going to address what I said, but bring up examples that have nothing to do with the platform and the accusations about it. OK then.
    The very first sentence you quoted states that Trumpism is defined as lying, followed by examples. How is that not addressing what you said?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

This should have been reality tv.

The post I replied to accused all Trump supporters of lying about that ideology, that there's some super secret code words. I'm pointing out the absurdity, alongside the hypocrisy. Or are you going to also try to argue that every single such person understood those code words, in spite of your own assertion as to the wide variety of people?

Racism is a problem because race is an immutable characteristics. Same with gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Religion is also out of bounds, because you can't force someone to change sincerely held beliefs.

Note that political affiliation isn't a protected class, because you can (and should) change your political affiliation at any time you choose should a new candidate platform or policy appeal to you.

Trumpets weren't born Trumpets, they willingly chose it as adults, and they deserve 100% of the derision they get for their completely reversible choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.