Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Will you admit you are wrong, when Trump claims the recounts are also unfair?
    I don't think Trump won. I think that when a massive change happens in how elections work it's worth making sure the new systems work.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I am going to guess that "whoops we submitted the wrong file" is the lawyer version of "I don't remember" on the stand. I.e. shady as shit, not prosecuted.
    I mean, yeah, that's pretty much what I said: gross incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I find it a circular argument to where is the evidence while at the same time knowing that there isnt a way to produce evidence without an investigation. I see no harm if double checking a new system to reassure people of its validity I don't know why it's being seen so negatively in what was an extremely close election.
    What is the suspicion based on, out of curiosity?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Massachusetts has a Democratic super majority in the legislature.
    That's a fair point, I guess.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

What is the suspicion based on, out of curiosity?
    People believe or at least claim to believe that a number of the mail in ballots were incomplete yet counted anyways.

If that is the case it should be corrected and efforts made to highlight the importance of having every required section filled in.

AGAIN I don't believe this will change the election but it's somethingthat should be looked into.t

I find it a circular argument to where is the evidence while at the same time knowing that there isnt a way to produce evidence without an investigation. I see no harm if double checking a new system to reassure people of its validity I don't know why it's being seen so negatively in what was an extremely close election.
    Again, this was not an extremely close election. Not sure what reason you have for constantly pushing this false talking point.

If there were legitimate reasons for questioning the legitimacy of the results then by all means any investigations/recounts/audits are warranted. There has not, however, been a single shred of credible evidence presented and those who officiated the process--from both Democrats and Republicans--have all said there has not been any sign of voter fraud.

None of this litigious bullshit is in any way excusable or necessary. It's just a stalling tactic to give Trump's admin more time to further discredit Biden's future admin and smash and grab as much as they can before bailing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I am going to guess that "whoops we submitted the wrong file" is the lawyer version of "I don't remember" on the stand. I.e. shady as shit, not prosecuted.
    I expect that's the tactic they will take - I also expect the Michigan AG to but up their asses on how that document came to fruition - I'm betting $100 that the geniuses on Rudy's team don't even know what meta data means.

To be clear, I never said the primaries prove Biden "was the right choice," I said it showed that it wasn't Hillary's establishmentarianism (just wanted to use that word) that was the problem.
    I don't see how it showed that at all.

All the primaries show is who the Repubs want to win and who the Dems think can win against the Repub.

The 2016 general election told us what we needed to hear....independents are NOT centrists and they didn't want an establishment candidate. It is so bizarre to blame it on Hillary being a woman or unlikeable....Obama was black and Trump is waaaaaaaay more unlikeable.

People are tired of the establishment. They voted Trump because he wasn't a typical politician. Biden would not have won without Trump's colossal covid fuckup (which is sad).

If independents are centrists, they would have voted for the centrist Hillary who has literally been honed to be president than the grab em by the pussy racist who can barely read that was sucking off the alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Trump won. I think that when a massive change happens in how elections work it's worth making sure the new systems work.
    What makes you believe US intelligence lied, when saying they made sure the system works and this is the safest election we ever had?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I find it a circular argument to where is the evidence while at the same time knowing that there isnt a way to produce evidence without an investigation.
    Usually there's evidence that kinda indicates that an investigation is required or useful, rather than just investigating something for the fuck of it.

I see no harm if double checking a new system to reassure people of its validity I don't know why it's being seen so negatively in what was an extremely close election.
    If there was any evidence suggesting wrongdoing, I agree.

But absent that evidence, and as we've seen from the dozens of failed legal challenges from the Trump camp thus far, there ain't any actual evidence. Just some sworn affidavits that people recant, or that are so riddled with errors (like using numbers from the wrong state) that they're totally valueless, or someone who swore that they were out of the room when ballots were delivered and they think something fishy went on because they weren't in the room and that's literally it.

Naw dog, I'm not towing the line of team Trump here.

Again, that something is new doesn't make it inherently suspicious or warranting of investigation.

Trump lost. Get over it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No new system was used. We've been counting mail-in and absentee ballots for over 300 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    People believe or at least claim to believe that a number of the mail in ballots were incomplete yet counted anyways.
    After the recount in Georgia, those people are still claiming the same. So... why do we need any action?

If that is the case it should be corrected and efforts made to highlight the importance of having every required section filled in.
    According to every government agency, that is not the case.

AGAIN I don't believe this will change the election but it's somethingthat should be looked into.t
    Why do you think US intelligence is lying?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Believe this based on...?

Other than because gullible people fall for obvious bullshit lies like Hugo Chavez, who has been dead nearly a decade, having a hand in "stealing" the election, why?

Should we validate every crackpot conspiracy theory with investigations?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    When their minds are not changed, regardless of the outcome.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What makes you believe US intelligence lied, when saying they made sure the system works and this is the safest election we ever had?
    Keep in mind, @Krakan, even Trump's own DHS Election Security Chief said it was the most secure election yet.

If this was an issue we would already know about it. There is no evidence to justify stopping the election. Investigations will happen, some serious accusations have been made and punishments will be handed out. Potentially to the people who made the allegations for lying.

However, you're making disingenuous arguments. "Well we don't know for sure so we should just stop the legal election from proceeding because some lunatics are raving about nonsense!" No if you go to a court demanding some form of relief you need evidence, and there is no evidence that says things need to stop for the investigation to go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Believe this based on...?

Other than because gullible people fall for obvious bullshit lies like Hugo Chavez, who has been dead nearly a decade, having a hand in "stealing" the election, why?

This just in, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

And people, both Republicans and Democrats, who actually administer elections said there's absolutely no evidence of anything like that. Also, what are you talking about with "every required section filled in"?
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    The votes for each state in many cases were extremely slim and the method of mailing in votes has never been attempted anywhere close to level before in history.
    Erm, 5 states plus DC do automatic mail-in balloting. That's 23 million of the country's population. This talking point is absurd.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    This just in, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
    I used that line a few weeks ago in my COVID-19 update and nobody got it.