Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I mean we're really clutching at straws if this is what we're counting as a concession. He's still claiming the election was rigged.

I mean it was, he rigged it...
    It's the closest we're ever going to get to a concession from him. He'll never be honest about it. He doesn't believe that he can lose.

He just got triggered after watching the news about him 'conceding' and recanted. He legit sounds like Garrosh from the War Crimes novel. So I'm assuming either Bush or Obama will cheat in a Mak'Gora using super powers and kill him in 2024. He'll then turn up in the 2036 elections when the 2032 candidate rips a hole above the Arctic and gives the Electoral College access to the Shadowlands. Damn you, Blizz. So much spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm sure the resident Trumpsters are outraged that the white supremacists were marching in the streets, and blocking traffic.
    Think of the property damage! We should start driving cars into crowds of them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    He legit sounds like Garrosh from the War Crimes novel.
    Yet somehow even worse written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Obviously. Hold on, I’ll link it and the text.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonal...56491056279552

Pretty sure that’s the first time he has said Biden won publicly.
    He walked it back already, saying he isn't conceding

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    It's becoming more and more apparent that those sorts don't want their viewpoints challenged with facts or opposing viewpoints and instead just want an echo chamber.
    The good news there, I suppose, is that it seems like it's mainly the more far-right, conspiracy-minded Republicans, which means the party base will become fragmented. While their ideology may become more dangerous as they become more insular and paranoid, it also somewhat leaves them stranded and minimizes their influence elsewhere.

At one point this will end and the Republican party is somewhat showing a rift. How likely is it that this might lead to another party being created? Because let's face it a narcissist doesn't just give up.

This is going to do quite a bit of damage in the faith of the government regardless. Are the democrats that poorly organized and disconnected from their base? Not sure how much i can go on Bill Maher's opinion that he finds the whole "PC-movement" makes people hesitant if not downright discourage of voting for them.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    'I didn't say it! I didn't concede! I won! I always won!'

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why would he concede? The election was CLEARLY rigged. I mean, they have a guy who says he heard from a woman who says she heard from her best friend's dog groomer's third cousin twice removed's barber that a voter in PA only marked the oval for Biden 90% of the way full and it still got counted for Biden. The fix was in for sure.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    At one point this will end and the Republican party is somewhat showing a rift. How likely is it that this might lead to another party being created? Because let's face it a narcissist doesn't just give up.
    It's hard to tell how much of this is just political theater, but any fragmenting of the party base should ultimately hurt them, I would think. Especially considering that so many of Trump's supporters seem to be more interested in the theatrical aspects than the political aspects.

Faced with the decision to lean further right to court his supporters or stay the course and go for the middle, I think we will see some fracturing but not enough to split into multiple parties. Unless Trump himself thinks that's the solution.

I suppose it will depend on what happens with Trump after he leaves office. I think without Trump they don't really have a way to keep his supporters coming out to elections. It's very clear where they're interests lie right now, and that's engaging in wild conspiracy and mass delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Why would he concede? The election was CLEARLY rigged. I mean, they have a guy who says he heard from a woman who says she heard from her best friend's dog groomer's third cousin twice removed's barber that a voter in PA only marked the oval for Biden 90% of the way full and it still got counted for Biden. The fix was in for sure.
    ....aaaaaannnnnddddd that's how you make the frogs gay!!!!

What do I wake up to today, lets see. I need more coffee.

1.Crying about the recount in GA already. Who could have seen that coming

2. Somehow its Bidens fault people are dying from Covid now.

3. Claiming the data seized in Germany in a raid that never happened means that Trump actually won the election 410 to 128, including him winning CA.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2470769&type=3

I’m starting to wonder if Trumps’ “we will win” comments mean something else... something more sinister. All I’m reading is how his lawsuits keep getting dropped, that no one is entertaining his ridiculous claims, yet Trump is still so confident of winning. Is he just that delusional, or is he planning something else? He has admitted Biden won, yet still goes back to saying “we will win”.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m starting to wonder if Trumps’ “we will win” comments mean something else... something more sinister. All I’m reading is how his lawsuits keep getting dropped, that no one is entertaining his ridiculous claims, yet Trump is still so confident of a “winning”. Is he just that delusional, or is he planning something else? He has admitted Biden won, yet still goes back to saying “we will win”.
    Trump cares about himself, thats it. He will gladly burn the country down on the way out if it means a single extra buck for himself. My best guess is he never concedes but will do some half assed stepping down in which he claims its all rigged, but that wont happen until he 100% has to. And I cant tell you that date. Some people have guessed dec 14th for the EC stuff. Otherwise new congress is sworn in Jan 6th and Biden becomes president on Jan 20th.

I’m starting to wonder if Trumps’ “we will win” comments mean something else... something more sinister. All I’m reading is how his lawsuits keep getting dropped, that no one is entertaining his ridiculous claims, yet Trump is still so confident of winning. Is he just that delusional, or is he planning something else? He has admitted Biden won, yet still goes back to saying “we will win”.
    His narcissistic mind can't imagine losing. He did the same thing last time around when he won but still lost the Popular vote...claiming that it was only because of the democrats rigging the election and bringing in illegal voters.

Trump finally conceded that he lost today.
    What He Meant Was he won and Biden didn't win.

Come on, man! You've been here as long as I have. You know full well that anything Trump says comes with a 24-hour refund.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m starting to wonder if Trumps’ “we will win” comments mean something else... something more sinister..
    Logically, yes, but I honestly think that's not his intention. Let me explain:

1) Trump is trying to spread the message that the votes say he won. Because of couse, the votes that say the he lost are Fake Votes, hence the lawsuits.

2) Trump has only one realistic shot anymore, and it's faithless electors. But if Trump announced that plan "I'm going to steal the election and ignore what the legal votes said!" there would be far more pushback than what you're seeing so far.

3) Trump doesn't...you know...have a plan. What you're seeing isn't a strategy, it's handfuls of excrement thrown against to the Wall to see what sticks. Trump will get around to the illegal vote stealing faithless electors eventually, but only when what he's currently trying fails.

4) And of course, there's the whole "Trump is lying about trying to steal the election, because he knows he lost but wants a riled-up base to watch his TV show".

Yes, Trump will try to steal the election by asking GOP state legislatures to just change the vote of their people, break the law, and vote for him anyway.

Yes, it might work, although we've already seen public pushback against this.

Yes, it's his only chance.

No,he's not broadcasting that, because despite what the rabid fanbase says Trump isn't playing 3D chess. Trump is playing Competitive Table Filpping.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolton: Republican leaders need to explain to voters that Trump lost

I think it's very important for leaders in the Republican Party to explain to our voters, who are not as stupid as the Democrats think, that, in fact, Trump has lost the election and that his claims of election fraud are baseless.

The fact is that we've seen litigation in all the key battleground states, and it has failed consistently. Right now, the Trump campaign is doing the legal equivalent of pinching pennies.

It's clearer and clearer there isn't any evidence.
    Remember, this is someone who worked for Trump. That Trump chose, to work with him.

Bolton is an actual Republican. He does not believe Trump has taken over his part and destroyed it. Until other Republicans speak out, Bolton doesn't have any evidence, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Quoteception
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton
    I think it's very important for leaders in the Republican Party to explain to our voters, who are not as stupid as the Democrats think, that, in fact, Trump has lost the election and that his claims of election fraud are baseless.
    On one hand, I like the tactic of appealing to Republicans by trying to sell this as a form of "owning the libs."

On the other hand, their voters are absolutely as stupid as I think if they need someone else to explain "more votes = win, less votes = lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    On the other hand, their voters are absolutely as stupid as I think if they need someone else to explain "more votes = win, less votes = lose."
    Maybe Republicans can prove they are not that stupid, by going with facts and evidence and not wild claims that are objectively false. Honestly, the smartest thing anyone can do is to change their mind when shown new evidence. You can debate how much of a mistake voting for someone who had no experience other than racism and six bankruptcies later.

The rabid fanbase? They are proving they're too far gone to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolton might have a point, but so far it's a fine point. He is joined by the governors of Ohio and Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Well, in America, More votes does not always = "win". Hillary Clinton got more votes.

In this case Joe Biden got more actual votes and more electoral Votes though.

Trump finally conceded that he lost today. He still claims he was cheated, but he acknowledged that Biden is the winner.
    So after 4 year of Muh Russia! and Not my President!! You are going to get Muh rigged election and Not my President!! from the other side. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Well, in America, More votes does not always = "win". Hillary Clinton got more votes.

In this case Joe Biden got more actual votes and more electoral Votes though.
    Technically he hasn't received the electoral votes yet, only votes for them, but I'm convinced that he will get them - and:

In 2016 Trump got 306 votes for EC, but only got 304 votes when EC voted. (Hillary got 232 votes for EC, but only 227 votes when EC voted.)
    Biden got 306 votes for EC. If Biden gets more than 304 when EC votes next month (which seems likely) it must be a bigger landslide than Trump, right?