Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Why do you need to change your excuse every 5 minutes.
    To be fair, they're not changing it, they just keep adding to it. Biden's lead keeps growing with basically every completed county or recount. The only way the Prisone-Elect could have lost, they're claiming, is if Democrats did all of this. Because, according to them, Trump won, and all the votes that made Biden win are illegal. But 3-5 million illegal immigrants voting wouldn't be enough, it apparently now requires dead German Venezuelan communist ballots from Black Lives Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm not.

What the fuck are the GOP going to do?

Seriously, the military already said they weren't getting involved, and the places that voted Biden make up 70+% of the U.S. economy.

Just cut off the Trump supporting states until they starve and come back crawling.
    What they are doing is delaying the Certification Process for states that went for Biden through multiple legal challenges to various counties/states vote tallying. So far those efforts have been largely unsuccessful.

However, if they can do this successfully and force states to miss the December deadline, there [potentially] wouldn't be enough Electoral Votes for Biden to hit 270 and the win. If that happens, the United States would be thrust into what legal expects delightfully call a Constitutional Crisis. Because if the Election isn't certified, it goes to the House of Representatives. And in that scenario, EACH STATE gets one vote, and the winner is the President. Currently the GOP holds more states than the Democrats (even though the Democrats hold the majority in the House).

That is the nightmare scenario - and I don't think we're out of the woods yet.
    #TRE45ON - Trump's idiocy is refreshing its duration, but it doesn't stack.
    Edit: I think it's stacking now.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    What I don't understand is that in 2016 he explained the difference by illegal voters...it was a shitty defense but why not keeping it ? Why do you need to change your excuse every 5 minutes. Illegal voters, dead voters, people being asked to change their vote, hacking, refusal of mail ballots...just stick with one outrageous claim, this is just embarassing.

I'm not American, so I don't really know the GOP well beside Donald Trump inner circle.
    I know federal agencies are disputing his claims and it is reassuring but are there some republican nominees that don't spew lies and take a stand against DT's recent actions ? Or are they all enabling him ?
    The GOP are largely just remaining silent.

They need both trump supporters and their more mentally stable constituents to remain in power. Meaning they can’t say trump is wrong for risk of alienating trumps sycophants, and can’t directly support his contests of the results because it’ll likely put off more sane voters and also delegitimizes the process they need their supporters to believe in at least enough to vote them back into power.

But of course, by saying nothing, they might as well be endorsing it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    However, if they can do this successfully and force states to miss the December deadline, there [potentially] wouldn't be enough Electoral Votes for Biden to hit 270 and the win.
    This really does appear to be the only option they have left. They didn't win the votes honestly, the recounts aren't helping, and they've lost effectively every court case they've filed so far.

Your nightmare scenario will require multiple state GOP legislatures to get together and ask "Is Trump really worth starting a civil war over?" and somehow all decide the answer is "yes". Without proof that stands up in public, and without proof that stands up in court. "We want Trump to win because reasons".

I agree, it's still an option. And the states don't certify their votes until specific deadlines later.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ating-hair-dye

For your nightmarish viewing pleasure, Buzzfeed has compiled a listicle of 16 images of Rudy Giuliani sweating out his cheap hair dye.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm not.

What the fuck are the GOP going to do?

Seriously, the military already said they weren't getting involved, and the places that voted Biden make up 70+% of the U.S. economy.

Just cut off the Trump supporting states until they starve and come back crawling.
    Also since the dems control the house they can simply refuse to fund anything and also refuse to seat any GOP rep. The govt could basically be ground to a total halt until/unless the vote of the populace is honored.

Georgia is on the verge of finishing their hand recount.

Now, as I posted earlier from PolitiFact and I am just going to assume Giuliani mentioned between sweatstorms and attacking the press he personally called to be there, some conspiracy theorists will say "it's not a real recount because there is no signature match!"

Once ballots are taken from their envelopes, the signature match part is over, and the envelope is discarded. There is no hand-recount signature match.

So, expect people to make a big stink about this -- baselessly, of course. We all knew ahead of time the ballots would be removed from their envelopes, and we all knew the envelopes wouldn't be kept. If you don't like that, ask your state and local politicians to change it for the next election, until then, go ex post facto yourself.

Meh, I'm pretty confident we are.

If the current GOP thought this through--and regardless of what we think of them plenty of them are bright enough, if evil--then they would realize that attempting to overturn the result of this election would mean they would literally be dragged from their homes by angry mobs. Not a doubt in my mind. Oh I'm sure a bare handful might think they have the stones to try it, but we've already been seeing for two weeks now members of the GOP quietly congratulating Biden and gently urging Trump to just rip the bandaid off. Those calls are intensifying as time goes on.

What they are doing is delaying the Certification Process for states that went for Biden through multiple legal challenges to various counties/states vote tallying. So far those efforts have been largely unsuccessful.

However, if they can do this successfully and force states to miss the December deadline, there [potentially] wouldn't be enough Electoral Votes for Biden to hit 270 and the win.
    Except that Biden doesn't need 270 EVs to win, he just needs a majority of the votes present. If Trump can't swing any votes to his side, then Biden would only need 233 EVs to beat Trump's 232. That means that Trump would have to find a way to make at least 74 EV's worth of state electors to not show up in order to manufacture a "win" against Biden (or 75 without requiring the House to give him the Presidency on a tie).

That's an insurmountably tall order. The five flipped states of PA, GA, MI, WI, and AZ only amount to 73 EV's, so Trump would have to get all of them to stall through December 14th, as well as at least one other state.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    If the current GOP thought this through--and regardless of what we think of them plenty of them are bright enough, if evil--then they would realize that attempting to overturn the result of this election would mean they would literally be dragged from their homes by angry mobs.
    I'm not disputing this. But it's also not necessary.

This country is founded on No Taxation Without Representation. People whose votes were stolen -- the majority -- should get organized and just stop paying state and federal income tax.

If their legal votes aren't counted, I think they have every right to do so.

However, if they can do this successfully and force states to miss the December deadline, there [potentially] wouldn't be enough Electoral Votes for Biden to hit 270 and the win. If that happens, the United States would be thrust into what legal expects delightfully call a Constitutional Crisis. Because if the Election isn't certified, it goes to the House of Representatives. And in that scenario, EACH STATE gets one vote, and the winner is the President. Currently the GOP holds more states than the Democrats (even though the Democrats hold the majority in the House).

And it'd be an immediately obvious sham. Let me know how long the GOP's tenuous grasp on power lasts when Dem states simply refuse to pay federal taxes, and you have 80+ million people in the streets.

ICE couldn't keep a singular city under control, and boomers aren't going to confront any protests themselves.

The fear of the GOP seizing power is a non-issue. We know it, and more importantly, they know it. They're just pouting all the way out the door and slinging as much shit as they can on the way out of pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That's an insurmountably tall order. The five flipped states of PA, GA, MI, WI, and AZ only amount to 73 EV's, so Trump would have to get all of them to stall through December 14th, as well as at least one other state.
    That's all very refreshing, and should stop any reasonable person from trying.

And yet...

The only thing I can say about Dominion :

It's an awful name for a democratic tool.

So omnious, no wonder conspiracist have some "material".
    Don't you see?! Elven supremacy is the only truth!

its crazy to think it isnt just diehard maga people who believe everything trump says but 74 million people...
    maybe we should just split up, i read somewhere 70% of the gdp is in counties that voted for biden
    so lets say all the blue countys go into the new dem country and red countys will be trumptopia

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    its crazy to think it isnt just diehard maga people who believe everything trump says but 74 million people...
    maybe we should just split up, i read somewhere 70% of the gdp is in counties that voted for biden
    so lets say all the blue countys go into the new dem country and red countys will be trumptopia
    Trump supporters really do deserve Donald Thump as their president. You know he would never be caught dead with them in any other setting except a rally where they cheer him on from a distance. he would kill all of them for a buck.

The group of medical school deans, researchers and prominent medical experts signed onto a letter addressed to General Services Administration (GSA) Administrator Emily Murphy.

They ask Trump to get to the transition already, because Trump is costing American lives.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Don't you see?! Elven supremacy is the only truth!
    You Thalmor motherfucker! FUS RO DAH!

Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Yeah i'm sure those living in red counties who did not vote for Trump will be very happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's all very refreshing, and should stop any reasonable person from trying.

And yet...
    Yes, yes.

For any fans of The Practice out there, this is an entirely farcical "Plan B" attempt made on a national international stage.

Who would have thought that the only thing more ridiculous than Trump winning the Presidency would be Trump losing the Presidency. SMDH.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

*blinks*
    *sighs*
    *loads up some mods and starts another playthrough*

The Thalmor are the real deep state and they're playing both sides just like they did during the Skyrim Civil War.