1. #36401
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I'd like to take a moment to thank Rudy Giuliani. His clown faces, hair dye trickling down his sweaty cheek, constant look as if he's just been exhumed, My Cousin Vinny impersonations, and Four Seasons Total Landscaping fuckup have brought many a good laugh to my soul in this otherwise god-awful year.
    The guy has been a gigantic clown everytime he shows up even BEFORE all of that. How he still has his fucking job is just a cosmic mystery at this point.

    Trump must have crazy dirt on him, ensuring his loyalty, or some shit.

  2. #36402
    dying old men scrambling for attention.

  3. #36403
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Trump must have crazy dirt on him, ensuring his loyalty, or some shit.
    I mean...he's the only New Yorker who likes Trump. Maybe he's just repaying campaign donations?

  4. #36404
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean...he's the only New Yorker who likes Trump. Maybe he's just repaying campaign donations?
    I read an article that Giuliani at one time didn't even like Trump and refused to let Trump buy him breakfast. Now apparently he has barely any friend's left, Lev Parnas said he is lonely, selfish, loves himself and fame and not much else.

  5. #36405
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Senator Mitt Romeny, Republican, too little too late.
    Romney at least has been pretty consistent in supporting Biden's victory and denouncing Trump's actions, but he's also in a fairly unique position within the party and seemingly hasn't done much to actually pressure Trump or even his colleagues to get their shit together, so yeah. We can pretty much write off the entire Republican party.

  6. #36406
    The Lightbringer downnola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Made in Philly, living in Akron.
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I want you to stop and think about the absurdity of choosing a candidate whose sole claim to the role is electability, and when he fails to perform blaming voters for it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't really know how to respond to this, basically your premise is that the heavens decreed that Hillary lose the states that she lost, it isn't her fault, and Biden should get a medal for retaking states that shouldn't have been lost in the first place, while failing to gain any of the ground establishment candidates claim they can take.

    The establishment got their pick twice, and both times they failed to perform as they claimed. The end.
    He didn't fail to perform. He won the election.

    With the extremely obvious out of the way....



    I posted this EC prediction model (by the same people who predicted the 2018 mid-terms almost down to the district) back in February. Look at that map and compare it to the election results and explain to me how Biden underperformed. He exceeded expectations by taking Arizona and Georgia.

    Your argument sucks from multiple angles, just give it a rest already.
    Last edited by downnola; 2020-11-20 at 06:02 AM.
    There is a limit to the success of conservative populism and the exploitation of "little guy" or "silent majority" rhetoric, and it is very often reached because of the emaciated, corrupted personalities of the demagogues themselves.
    - Christopher Hitchens

  7. #36407
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Romney at least has been pretty consistent in supporting Biden's victory and denouncing Trump's actions, but he's also in a fairly unique position within the party and seemingly hasn't done much to actually pressure Trump or even his colleagues to get their shit together, so yeah. We can pretty much write off the entire Republican party.
    Romney rips Trump in late-night tweet, calls president's actions effort to ‘subvert’ will of people

    This is FOX News current main headline.

    Huh.

    The post was a dramatic shot across the bow from a sitting senator from the same party, even though the two do not have a good relationship.

    Romney said he did not vote for Trump and voted to convict Trump for abusing presidential powers in February, after the House impeachecd the president.

    Romney’s office told Fox News shortly after the tweet that there is a distinction between “pursuing legal challenges” where evidence exists, “and the harmful and damaging rhetoric that the election is rigged.”

    His office also said “it goes without saying that applying political pressure to local officials not to certify legally cast ballots is outside the bounds of any regular legal challenge.”

  8. #36408
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Unfortunately this is all coming a bit too little, too late from the Republican establishment as a whole.

    It's nice to see that at least one of them has sought to grow a spine, but... two months before Trump's out of office anyway can only mitigate the damage so much.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  9. #36409
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    ...

    I posted this EC prediction model (by the same people who predicted the 2018 mid-terms almost down to the district) back in February. Look at that map and compare it to the election results and explain to me how Biden underperformed. He exceeded expectations by taking Arizona and Georgia.

    Your argument sucks from multiple angles, just give it a rest already.
    Interesting that your prediction (Wason Center's?) predicted a Biden win with Ohio voting for the loser...

    One interesting statistic I saw was that Ohio hasn't voted for the loser since the 60's and (prior to this election) only voted for the loser twice ever.

  10. #36410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Unfortunately this is all coming a bit too little, too late from the Republican establishment as a whole.

    It's nice to see that at least one of them has sought to grow a spine, but... two months before Trump's out of office anyway can only mitigate the damage so much.
    If it was anyone but Romney though. The only pub in DC who doesn't worship trump and/or is terrified of trump, and no Trumper in this country gives a shit about Romney.

  11. #36411
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If it was anyone but Romney though. The only pub in DC who doesn't worship trump and/or is terrified of trump, and no Trumper in this country gives a shit about Romney.
    Sorry Romney but fool me once. He has done this many times before. He will criticize Trump with one breath and then the next take it back. He did the same with saying he wouldn't confirm Amy Barrett for Supreme, then walked that back a day or two later

    He's on the fence so much he might as well be a squirrel

  12. #36412
    I think Trump will succeed in trying to steal a state back but Biden will be President.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

  13. #36413
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I think Trump will succeed in trying to steal a state back but Biden will be President.
    Don't think so, Trump would need all of the states to do it, and he can't get it.

  14. #36414
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I want you to stop and think about the absurdity of choosing a candidate whose sole claim to the role is electability, and when he fails to perform blaming voters for it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't really know how to respond to this, basically your premise is that the heavens decreed that Hillary lose the states that she lost, it isn't her fault, and Biden should get a medal for retaking states that shouldn't have been lost in the first place, while failing to gain any of the ground establishment candidates claim they can take.

    The establishment got their pick twice, and both times they failed to perform as they claimed. The end.
    If you don't want to have the conversation, that's fine, but you're making up both sides of the argument now and ignoring everything I actually said about Hillary's loss, with links to the data on conservative Democrats' views on race and gender, and who they ended up voting for, the performance of Sanders vs. Clinton and Sanders vs. Biden, etc. The conventional wisdom that Hillary lost because she's an establishment candidate is belied by, among other things, Joe Biden's win with ~80 million votes, 306 EC votes, and gaining ground with Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada, so it fails and requires a different explanation.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-11-20 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

  15. #36415
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But you tie them up in courts for years, costing the person money they can't afford in lawyers fees, ruining them financially.

    I'm love to see a law firm go "You know, go ahead. Talk. We'll represent you, for free."
    i mean cant the prosecutors for the DA represent them on the federal dime? If their witness testimony would help indict?

  16. #36416
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    i mean cant the prosecutors for the DA represent them on the federal dime? If their witness testimony would help indict?
    Maybe I'm nit picking, not sure it matters, but they would be the defendants, as they'd be the ones being sued for breaking the NDA. I'll totally admit I'm out of my depth on it. As of right now, the Government would be prosecuting since Donald is Resident and Billdo Barr is his bottom.

    Would that make Donnie a Lucky Pierre in the Putin, Don, Billdo sandwich?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  17. #36417
    So the hand count in GA has ended and Biden still won the state, but Trump isn’t accepting the results, saying they just re-counted all the “illegal” ballots, and failed to check their signatures, despite GA officials saying signatures were already checked previously.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  18. #36418
    Oozy Giuliani is about the best nickname I've seen in the last 5 years given to someone in politics.

  19. #36419
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I think Trump will succeed in trying to steal a state back but Biden will be President.
    Nah. The closest state was Georgia (or the 2nd closest, after Arizona). And it was certified for Biden yesterday

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So the hand count in GA has ended and Biden still won the state, but Trump isn’t accepting the results, saying they just re-counted all the “illegal” ballots, and failed to check their signatures, despite GA officials saying signatures were already checked previously.
    What Dotardito says or wants =/= reality.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  20. #36420
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So the hand count in GA has ended and Biden still won the state, but Trump isn’t accepting the results, saying they just re-counted all the “illegal” ballots, and failed to check their signatures, despite GA officials saying signatures were already checked previously.
    Yes.

    As mentioned before, the envelopes ballots come in are not saved with the envelopes. Trump either knew this, or it's his fault he didn't know this, but it was standard procedure indefinitely. As usual, Trump is trying to change the rules because he's losing, or, he's intentionally muddying the waters -- yes, swamp waters -- to make what's standard seem rigged.

    And just a reminder to anyone who wants to back Trump's behavior on this -- where are Trump's taxes? It's completely standard for candidates to show their taxes, to prove they're doing nothing corrupt or wrong. And he never did. Trump has a history of intentionally breaking accepted norms to benefit himself. This is more of the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •