1. #36561
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Well for one thing Pfizer's vaccine was developed in New York and for another Trump's not going to be in office when the vaccine is ready for widespread distribution...something tells me New York will be just fine.
    Pretty sure Trump also has zero authority to “prevent” anywhere from getting the vaccine.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  2. #36562
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I addressed your post to point out that it's not always simply about delegates or no delegates, but you seem categorically incapable of understanding anything else.

    Whatever. Everyone else seems to get the point you're ignoring.
    You quoted one part of my post that had three points to tell me I was wrong about that one point, then when I defended my point you told me I was dragging you into an argument and when that was pointed as not true you then proceeded to tell me the one point of 3 is not all there is. Again, cool man, it all makes perfect sense.

    Just walk away from this so we don't derail further.,

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Pretty sure Trump also has zero authority to “prevent” anywhere from getting the vaccine.
    Sure, but he would try if in office. The point is that he wants to, threatened to and would try. Being successful or not is moot.

  3. #36563
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Just walk away from this so we don't derail further.
    I already tried to do that, but you're not letting it go. Why don't you take your own advice?


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  4. #36564
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Last I heard Pfizer's vaccine was developed by BioNTech in Germany (but Pfizer is testing and manufacturing it).
    Pearl River proud as Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine study shows promise

    Pearl River, New York.

    Pfizer's announcement Monday heralding developments with its COVID-19 vaccine was greeted with excitement in Pearl River, site of the company's largest research and development team spearheading the offensive versus the coronavirus.

    The 850-member staff of virologists, immunologists, biologists and clinical laboratory scientists at the campus off Middletown Road has been working seven days a week since the company trained its sights on developing the vaccine in the spring.

  5. #36565
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You quoted one part of my post that had three points to tell me I was wrong about that one point, then when I defended my point you told me I was dragging you into an argument and when that was pointed as not true you then proceeded to tell me the one point of 3 is not all there is. Again, cool man, it all makes perfect sense.

    Just walk away from this so we don't derail further.,

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sure, but he would try if in office. The point is that he wants to, threatened to and would try. Being successful or not is moot.
    I’d actually argue that, for trump, the only thing that matters anymore is whether he is successful or not, in terms of stopping him.

    The republicans have proven they aren’t going to do anything. His followers cheer on his every move regardless of what it is. He doesn’t care how morally repugnant anything he says is. Like with claiming a US city won’t receive a vaccine because he doesn’t like them.

    Condemning him is secondary to stopping him. As long as he’s kept impotent, I’m happy, because I’m under no illusion he or his followers can be “shamed” into feeling bad about what they’ve said or done.

    January 21st can’t come fast enough.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  6. #36566
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Not treason. No 'enemy' involved.
    Because Russia is a friend?

  7. #36567
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,036
    He says to her, 'How many fingers do I got up?' Well she was too far away to see it was only two. These people were further away than My Cousin Vinny was from the witness.
    -- Giuliani

    I regard Giuliani's praise of 'My Cousin Vinny' as generous from the man who is currently giving the Comedy Performance of the Year
    -- the director

  8. #36568
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because Russia is a friend?
    The election fraud claims are not made to benefit russia. Your argument would be like saying the US navy patrolling the world's oceans for pirates is treason because our enemies also benefit from fewer pirates. Trump and his cohort's actions are to benefit trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  9. #36569
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So it’s a revenge thing!?
    More than likely, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    OMG, how can this be allowed to happen?
    Because petty political revenge is largely not illegal. And realistically, this is more than likely one of Trump's many, many, many empty threats he makes to make himself seem "strong". As with most of his threats, this will likely be a nothingberder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I just can’t understand... is anyone taking action against him for that? He’s dooming people to their deaths.
    Gross incompetence isn't illegal, and the office of POTUS is largely immune from legal consequences. It would be impeachment, but that was already tried for more obvious wrongdoing and rejected by Republicans.

    And if you see the reaction of the Republican party, a quarter of a million dead Americans is great news.

  10. #36570
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The election fraud claims are not made to benefit russia. Your argument would be like saying the US navy patrolling the world's oceans for pirates is treason because our enemies also benefit from fewer pirates. Trump and his cohort's actions are to benefit trump.
    Ok, yeah, you're right - good point. The Trump Legal Team's actions are in direct support of Trump, not Russia.

  11. #36571
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ok, yeah, you're right - good point. The Trump Legal Team's actions are in direct support of Trump, not Russia.
    Sorry, just hate when people call stuff treasonous. There's a very good reason it's defined in the constitution how it is (and the requirements needed for conviction): how gov'ts in europe used accusations of treason to kill people they didn't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  12. #36572
    These circuit court reassignments supposed to be something significant?

    https://twitter.com/correctthemedia/...68707108163587

  13. #36573
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    These circuit court reassignments supposed to be something significant?
    The implication is that Trump's SCOTUS judges will immediately reassign Trump's cases to judges they pick, probably Trump judges.

  14. #36574
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    And the vaccine candidate is BNT162 (the b1 variant I think), and has been primarily developed by BioNTech, with Pfizer listed as a collaborator of the first study of that vaccine candidate. Pfizer has helped with testing, manufacturing, and will help with getting it approved; and might have helped in some way with the development - but the name of the vaccine is a clear hint of who made it. In China BioNTech will instead partner with Fosun for the same vaccine.

  15. #36575
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    These circuit court reassignments supposed to be something significant?

    https://twitter.com/correctthemedia/...68707108163587
    Four states that Trump lost and is fighting legal battles in, and you've got two of the most conservative members of the court (Alito and Thomas), plus two Trump appointees just coincidentally taking charge of the circuit courts there.

    I'm not sure what potential consequences are and I'm no lawyer, but it seems like it's putting the most likely pro-Trump Justices in charge of deciding whether or not appeals (specifically "interlocutory appeals" which mean the circuit case continues while the SCOTUS rules on a part of it in tandem if I'm reading right) from there can go to the full SCOTUS or not.

  16. #36576
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    And the vaccine candidate is BNT162 (the b1 variant I think), and has been primarily developed by BioNTech, with Pfizer listed as a collaborator of the first study of that vaccine candidate. Pfizer has helped with testing, manufacturing, and will help with getting it approved; and might have helped in some way with the development - but the name of the vaccine is a clear hint of who made it. In China BioNTech will instead partner with Fosun for the same vaccine.
    ....None of which contradicts the fact that it was developed in New York as per the article I linked:

    Pearl River, site of the company's largest research and development team spearheading the offensive versus the coronavirus
    So, there's that. Feel free to keep arguing semantics if you want, it really doesn't change anything I wrote and I don't really give enough of a shit about the distinction to continue repeating myself.

  17. #36577
    Junior got the rona. been positive a week now. no symptoms.

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d&cmpId=google
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-20 at 11:07 PM.

  18. #36578
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,036
    This is how you attack an election without it being a carnival sideshow attraction.

    Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) said on Friday that he would certify his state’s election results, formalizing President-election Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

    In a brief speech, Kemp acknowledged that he is bound by state law to accept the certified election results. But at no point in his remarks did he acknowledge Biden as the president-elect, and he noted that certifying the results would give President Trump “other legal options” including the ability to request a new recount.

    “State law now requires the governor's office to formalize the certification, which paves the way for the Trump campaign to pursue other legal options and a separate recount if they choose,” Kemp said.

    In his remarks on Friday, Kemp spoke critically of the elections process and called on Raffensperger to address “concerns” about the system. He also threw his support behind a photo ID requirement for voters who cast absentee ballots.

    “Voters casting their ballots in person must show a photo ID, and we should consider applying that same standard to mail-in balloting,” Kemp said.
    He's basically telling Trump "do something else, I got your back"

  19. #36579
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Four states that Trump lost and is fighting legal battles in, and you've got two of the most conservative members of the court (Alito and Thomas), plus two Trump appointees just coincidentally taking charge of the circuit courts there.

    I'm not sure what potential consequences are and I'm no lawyer, but it seems like it's putting the most likely pro-Trump Justices in charge of deciding whether or not appeals (specifically "interlocutory appeals" which mean the circuit case continues while the SCOTUS rules on a part of it in tandem if I'm reading right) from there can go to the full SCOTUS or not.
    It seems questionable but also it may be start of new session we have a new justice reshuffling. Anything would have to be taken up by the full court if it got there and its so heavily GOP slanted its a problem no matter who is on control of what. That said even in areas like AZ with very GOP judges are tossing these cases left and right because they are so badly done and laughable.

  20. #36580
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    These circuit court reassignments supposed to be something significant?

    https://twitter.com/correctthemedia/...68707108163587
    Looks terrifying. Hopefully its nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •