10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    While not everyone who voted for Trump fits this category of course, it's amazing how many people out there just flat-out refuse, not to admit they made a mistake, but to admit they lost. I mean, when was the last time a Bengals fan planned to blow up a ref's house? It's not if-and-only-if, but the increasingly violent refusal to admit defeat seems to be uniquely Trumpian. I don't know what makes it worth it to them, but hopefully the low level of violence we've seen remains low.
    I think many of them have tied themselves politically to Trump so much, and that his appeal to them was always that he "said the things people are afraid to say," told them what they wanted to hear about the "nefarious liberal forces trying to destroy America," and "was always winning," that Trump losing to a democrat in no small part because Trump's a boorish, dangerously incompetent asshole is such a jarringly utter rebuke of everything Trump set them up to believe that they jump to it being some grand conspiracy that they have to rebel against to "protect America."

And of course the man they've followed lo these past four years is telling them yes, that's exactly what happened.

It's been the same with the right wing since the civil war. They're all for political violence to get their way, because no matter who they stand against... whether that be a duly elected president, government employees doing their jobs, or even The actual legitimate United States, they believe that they represent the "god-given decree of what is America." It's practically a holy war for these people.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-12-15 at 04:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i do find the lack of control parties have over candidates insane and how vulnerable to entryism they are
    It can be good and bad.

For example, it's the only way Bernie, AoC, or someone like them will ever be president. So sometimes it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Awfully quiet on Trump’s Twitter account. I was expecting him to make some asinine comments about the EC results right after.
    I bet he got muzzled, by republicans and also by his biggest donors.

Anything more that he does at this point will just make it much worse for republicans. Anything more that he does will hurt McConnell and help Biden. Moving forward, the leader of the republican party is McConnell, and the leader of the democratic party is Biden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I bet he got muzzled
    We'll revisit this discussion in about 8 hours. I'm expecting AN ALL CAPS EARLY MORNING TWEETSTORM FROM THE SHITTER.

You might be right that anything else makes it worse, but look back at Trump's history. Is that really an obstacle for him? He's had fifty or so choices to admit he lost, and took none of them. He assembled an army of alternate electors literally today.

(checks clock)

Yesterday. Whatever. I'm calling it now: not only will he not shut the fuck up and accept it, Pence will back that play.

Don't believe me? For every instance you can find of Pence specifically and publicly defying Trump, I can name ten where he either followed quietly, or said "Trump is right".

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll revisit this discussion in about 8 hours. I'm expecting AN ALL CAPS EARLY MORNING TWEETSTORM FROM THE SHITTER.
    It’s been a Twitter storm for the last 30 min... nothing special...

Edit: It’s after midnight in DC... someone not having a good night...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, I'm not done. Name one time in the last five weeks that Pence said anything other than "Trump won". He's either said that, or been silent. Not once has he said this is over, time to accept the results, used the term President-Elect Biden, or anything else. Nor does he have a reason to. Without Trump, Pence's career is over. He can't win on his own, he can't win if Trump calls him a traitor, and he won't run with a woman. His only chance is siding with Trump beyond even reasonable expectations and into the fantasy-land bullshit Trump is selling on Twitter until it gets flagged. Only by siding with Trump publicly, and also by Trump winning somehow, does Pence ever have a job again.

Pence is Constitutionally bound to announce the winners of the election. He won't do it. If he wanted to serve the Constitution, he wouldn't have sided with Trump four years and three hundred thousand dead ago. The only question left is how he's remembered: the most quiet forgettable person in the White House? The man who fought tooth and nail to uphold a dictator who attempted to overthrow the country? Or a sad sack of homophobic shit that was declared a traitor by all three parties (Democrats, Republicans, and the Party of Trump) and who crawls into history, dripping with swamp mud, as the most detested man ever to set foot in DC? I mean, even "attempted violent overthrow of government" might be better than "threw two passes and had three interceptions".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s been a Twitter storm for the last 30 min
    Ah yes, he's running with the story of a report that claims voting machines had 68% error rates.

The Detroit Free Press goes into detail about this report, including why it's complete garbage. The author of the report, for example, got the state wrong.

Trump naturally took this report, which he claims is evidence because a judge stopped blocking it, claims it was true all over the country without any evidence at all, and brags about his vote count on the day the EC voted for Biden.

The only question left is how he's remembered
    The man who ate a lot of shit for his constituency: Rich Evangelicals. Three SCOTUS picks and an Education Department Head that sent money to the "right" people.

He's a villain to most but a hero to the only people who he actually gives a shit about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The man who ate a lot of shit for his constituency: Rich Evangelicals. Three SCOTUS picks and an Education Department Head that sent money to the "right" people.

He's a villain to most but a hero to the only people who he actually gives a shit about.
    Pretty much.

For as much as people (including me) go on about trump’s “own the libs” fanbase and other diehard sycophants, there’s a considerable number of GOP voters who are single-issue evangelical voters who probably don’t like trump personally but loved the prospect of him with pence’s influence rubber-stamping their stinted religious doctrine into law.

Unless pence does something phenomenally stupid and illegal regarding not announcing Biden as the legitimate president, he’ll likely be swiftly forgotten about, lost as yet another complacent footnote in the sad chapter of American history that details trump’s brief but shameful presidency.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-12-15 at 07:09 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

lmao

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-15 at 07:36 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    lmao

Grifters trying to get more money.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Grifters trying to get more money.
    DOLLAH DOLLAH BILLS YALL!!!!!! There is gold to be had in those hills and the inbred sibling fuckers are happy to pay out.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    DOLLAH DOLLAH BILLS YALL!!!!!! There is gold to be had in those hills and the inbred sibling fuckers are happy to pay out.
    I just think it is funny that Cubic Zirconia and Burlap went to Newsmax because they were too batshit retarded for Fox News to keep them on.

Participation trophies for all the Republicans! Special snowflakes. Just about all of them.

personally, I'm looking forward to the memoirs in 20 years, where all these pundits, Facebook asshats, and politicians admit that they were conning people, because it was free money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I kinda wish I'd got in on this stuff. I'd have made a fortune by now with just some tweets and a hastily put together website selling Tic Tacs with an altered label that says "liberal tear drop pills: scientifically proven by God to strengthen the mind and body" or something.
    I always thought televangelist was easy money... the entire prosperity gospel with their seeding... spent an entire second date when I was 19 or 20, pontificating about it. Lasted to 3 or 4 dates, but got none of her money...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    personally, I'm looking forward to the memoirs in 20 years, where all these pundits, Facebook asshats, and politicians admit that they were conning people, because it was free money.
    That’s the next grift... what do you think the next few years of material will be? Without Trump and building to civil war, what does Sargon or Tim Pool have to offer? The next step is to write your own... ‘How I did it’... afterwards, you can once again act as a centrist, between Biden and McConnell... hahahaha!!! /evilgrin
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    The problem is they did a lot of damage, mostly to the people who listened to them. Turns out being a cynical anti-SJW is profoundly alienating and now we have a group of young men with no ability to form social bonds in a healthy way -- particularly with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I always thought televangelist was easy money... the entire prosperity gospel with their seeding... spent an entire second date when I was 19 or 20, pontificating about it. Lasted to 3 or 4 dates, but got none of her money...

- - - Updated - - -

That’s the next grift... what do you think the next few years of material will be? Without Trump and building to civil war, what does Sargon or Tim Pool have to offer? The next step is to write your own... ‘How I did it’... afterwards, you can once again act as a centrist, between Biden and McConnell... hahahaha!!! /evilgrin
    People like Tim Pool and Sargon will try and sell that they were all secretly trying to infiltrate those groups, to learn more about them. They will swear it was all done out of an altruistic belief in defeating them by via the "free market of ideas."

Nah, fuck that, they're Nazis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    The problem is they did a lot of damage, mostly to the people who listened to them. Turns out being a cynical anti-SJW is profoundly alienating and now we have a group of young men with no ability to form social bonds in a healthy way -- particularly with women.
    Let social Darwinism do its thing, and they will simply fail to procreate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am waiting for the equal or even larger number of memoirs where everyone says "Everyone else was evil and corrupt, except me" and suddenly everyone is the victim here, that one special someone who isn't responsible for all the bad but behind the scenes somehow prevented worse.

You'll find them in the fiction aisle.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Let social Darwinism do its thing, and they will simply fail to procreate.
    Eh, I'd be fine with that, but they show a tendency towards violent rhetoric at this point. The absolute best thing would be that this political and social moment continues to pass (which it rapidly is), and they become further and further irrelevant outside of their rant bubbles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    He is a villain in the age of the anti hero.

Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-15 at 01:36 PM.