Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    6th jan is in 10 days, welcome to the shitshow ?
    There could be 2 days even before than filled with drama.

Tomorrow: No action by Trump means at midnight tomorrow night parts of the government shut down.
    1/3: No action by Trump means that the stimulus package that was passed is pocket vetoed.

If Trump just does nothing, I don't think that there is anything other than invoking the 25th amendment that can be done to either reopen the government or pass any kind of stimulus until Biden is sworn in.

January of next year has a decent shot of being quite dramatic. And this is all on top of the incoming Christmas surge for the virus.

NEVER A DULL MOMENT!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    for lawyers and non-lawyers: grab your red wine and scotch (you'll need some) and walk into the abyss of that madness of a lawsuit. the case in detail:
    https://twitter.com/questauthority/s...38373412990979

and yes, the Electoral College itself is summoned to answer. what is this, an exorcism ?

This lawsuit filed today - seeking to invalidate _all_ of the federal and state laws about how pres. elections are and have been certified for at least 130 years ...

means also the anulment of the appointment of the judges they want a verdict from too; all those presidents sworn in in last decades are totally unlawful elected and cannot appoint anybody
    Last edited by ranzino; 2020-12-28 at 12:05 AM.

Trump just signed the relief package. Fucking asshole did it thankfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Trump just signed the relief package.
    Well, I guess his principles didn't last as long this time as last time.

By the way, choosing to do a horrible thing for a shorter time, is not a good thing. He's vile and a coward, but at least the balance between them did less damage to the American people this time. It's like a murderer fleeing from the scene after "only" killing two people rather than five.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Praise Bingus. I hope Dems continue to fight for more stimulus.
    I fully expect Dems to pass it tomorrow like they said they would.

And, as expected, Mitch has just responded, no mention of more stimulus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, I guess his principles didn't last as long this time as last time.

By the way, choosing to do a horrible thing for a shorter time, is not a good thing. He's vile and a coward, but at least the balance between them did less damage to the American people this time. It's like a murderer fleeing from the scene after "only" killing two people rather than five.
    I see what you did there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump to hold packed, maskless rally for the Georgia Senate race.

"After all, they'll catch COVID and die after they've voted," Trump didn't say but probably meant to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Won't people actually still miss out on a week of help because he delayed signing it?
    Yes, WA state will fill the gap. They announced it before Trump’s signature.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump to hold packed, maskless rally for the Georgia Senate race.

"After all, they'll catch COVID and die after they've voted," Trump didn't say but probably meant to.
    From what I've heard over the last few days about Trump's grievances, I fully expect him to give Loeffler the same "respect" he gave McSally.

Won't people actually still miss out on a week of help because he delayed signing it?
    Yes, depending on the state certain people live, some people could get up to about a week of nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump already signed the bill, anything the dems tried to pass tomorrow would have to be a full new bill instead of amending the $600... not really sure the House will vote tomorrow given that.
    yeah you are right, it'll have to be a new bill, so yeah probably not tomorrow, hopefully sometime this week though. And if Trump is actually honest about wanting the extra 1400, which it's Trump so I have 25,000 reasons to believe he isn't, but if he is, it'll be interesting to see him fighting republicans over this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if he’ll spend more than 10 minutes on the GA election this time. His last rally was mostly crying about himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    From what I've heard over the last few days about Trump's grievances, I fully expect him to give Loeffler the same "respect" he gave McSally.
    Wow, I completely forgot about that. Now I'm morbidly curious...

Any word on the +300 being retroactive at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    No, it’s from next week, until March. It’s not retroactive, even for this week.

- - - Updated - - -

And Mitch McConnell has the balls to say Trump did this "as quickly as possible" lol
    Fair enough... he can’t work after sundown and there is no way to sign it from a golf cart.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Delusional Donald.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Delusional Donald.
    He forgot about the whole same day voting registration thing again didn't he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Delusional Donald.
    [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/tQM9keb.jpg[/]
    The worst offense here are quotes but no sources.

I could also be like "Breaking News: Trump tries to fuck pig disguised as Ivanka" and we'd be both equally right.

Difference is your example is plausible.

Rasmussen a Right Wing Trumpist Polling Group is quoting Stalin to support overturning the elections.

Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-28 at 09:30 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Rasmussen a Right Wing Trumpist Polling Group is quoting Stalin to support overturning the elections.
    Weird...the party that has long been accused of being functionally a right wing authoritarian party with a nice suit on...is starting to openly talk like right wing authoritarians?

Who could have ever seen this coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The worst offense here are quotes but no sources.

I could also be like "Breaking News: Trump tries to fuck pig disguised as Ivanka" and we'd be both equally right.
    I don't think there really were 205,000 more votes than there voters in Pennsylania, and I think that Biden won the state cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Right now I'm not sure if there is a solid answer to this. There are hypotheses that this will be retroactive and everyone will get the full 11 weeks, or because trump delayed it, some may only get 10 weeks. It's an unnecessary uncertainty. Thanks Trump...
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-12-28 at 11:09 PM.