1. #37741
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I would absolutely love for that to be the case, but... I'm sure the vast majority of republicans will still just blindly show up and vote R. Enough to make it anything but a sure thing for the democrats.
    I think the bigger story here is that Georgia might be waking up to the fact that the leopard face eating party will eat any face. I am confident that the Republicans will win both seats still, but this year will be hard to ignore in the future.

  2. #37742
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why are they even entertaining this crap? Why give a platform and free airtime to these bozos?
    Cause she can have a perjury charge while Rudy wouldn't, she's just a scapegoat.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  3. #37743
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Take a note that most are easily in their late 40's and older, almost like there's a pattern on who believes in the "fraud."
    Yep, that's what I was referencing, but you're missing onnnne more thing: they all appear to be white.

  4. #37744
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yep, that's what I was referencing, but you're missing onnnne more thing: they all appear to be white.
    I don’t think that means anything, tbh. Unless you’re suggesting that majority of Trump supporters are white? As you may recall, a large percentage of Latino voters from Texas and Florida, voted for Trump.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  5. #37745
    In an unsurprising bullshit hearing, not only did Rudy have a drunk "star witness" that had no evidence of fraud, though she claimed that there was at least 100k fraudulent votes. Another witness went FULL RACIST and demanded that we have photo ID, simply because "All Chinese look the same". Yes, the racist Republicans strike again and not surprising he is trying to help overturn the election, with this racist bullshit.

    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/tru...se-look-alike/
    https://twitter.com/FirenzeMike/stat...25483375374340

  6. #37746
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t think that means anything, tbh. Unless you’re suggesting that majority of Trump supporters are white? As you may recall, a large percentage of Latino voters from Texas and Florida, voted for Trump.
    That isn’t so much a racial thing as a cultural aversion to anything labeled as “communist” or “socialist” that a lot of Cuban Americans seem to display.

  7. #37747
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    That isn’t so much a racial thing as a cultural aversion to anything labeled as “communist” or “socialist” that a lot of Cuban Americans seem to display.
    That, and they tend to be far more traditional and religious, which we know tends to lean more Right.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  8. #37748
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Even 3rd wave? The ones that want to drop gays from lgbt since they're not oppressed enough. Not to mention TERFS.
    Then take issue with them. I've got nothing good to say about TERFs.

    They aren't "feminism" any more than white supremacists are "white people". Or that "men who beat their wives" are "men in general". What makes them "bad" isn't the feminism, or the white ethnicity, or the maleness, respectively. It's the other shit tacked on to those.

    If you mean a specific subcategory who behave badly, by all means, be specific about the bad behaviour. If you take issue with "feminism", period, though, that means you're taking issue with the concept of gender equality, itself.

  9. #37749
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Wow.

    Hey, remember when Trump's kids failed background chekcs and Trump said "Bah, who cares about background checks"?

    Just...felt like saying that, for some reason.

  10. #37750
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Then take issue with them. I've got nothing good to say about TERFs.

    They aren't "feminism" any more than white supremacists are "white people". Or that "men who beat their wives" are "men in general". What makes them "bad" isn't the feminism, or the white ethnicity, or the maleness, respectively. It's the other shit tacked on to those.

    If you mean a specific subcategory who behave badly, by all means, be specific about the bad behaviour. If you take issue with "feminism", period, though, that means you're taking issue with the concept of gender equality, itself.
    And, as I mentioned, it's far more a branch of second wave feminism than anything third wave.
    - Lars

  11. #37751
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Posting in this tread due to recent "fraud" context.

    Why Trump may still fire Barr

    A source familiar with the president's thinking tells Axios that Trump remains frustrated with what he sees as the lack of a vigorous investigation into his election conspiracy theories.

    That combines with what he perceives as the slow-walking of a report by special counsel John Durham into the 2016 investigation of the Trump campaign's possible ties to Russia under the Obama administration.

    Those two factors have resulted in the very real possibility that Barr is either fired or quits, with just 48 days left in Trump's term.
    Barr has already indicated he's all aboard the Trump Train, but the train has derailed. I suppose he does have the option to salvage what dignity he has left.

    EDIT: I should also mention, the article suggests Trump has a reason not to: he can't find a replacement. I disagree, in the sense that Trump doesn't need a replacement, he's out of time. Trump needs to be a petty little bitch and call everyone who doesn't follow Trump's every whim a traitor.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-12-03 at 03:13 PM.

  12. #37752
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Posting in this tread due to recent "fraud" context.

    Why Trump may still fire Barr



    Barr has already indicated he's all aboard the Trump Train, but the train has derailed. I suppose he does have the option to salvage what dignity he has left.

    I don't think there is anything resembling dignity in Barr but he will not get fired Trump needs him to quash that money for pardon investigation. The report was heavily redacted I wouldn't be surprised if Trump, his lackeys or his family are the names behind those black letters. This administration is so corrupt it's going to be really really hard for Biden's DOJ not spend years investigating.

  13. #37753
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Posting in this tread due to recent "fraud" context.

    Why Trump may still fire Barr



    Barr has already indicated he's all aboard the Trump Train, but the train has derailed. I suppose he does have the option to salvage what dignity he has left.

    EDIT: I should also mention, the article suggests Trump has a reason not to: he can't find a replacement. I disagree, in the sense that Trump doesn't need a replacement, he's out of time. Trump needs to be a petty little bitch and call everyone who doesn't follow Trump's every whim a traitor.
    I’d like to point out that Barr has been trying to turn this country into a dictatorship for decades. Not sure he has any dignity left.

  14. #37754
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't think there is anything resembling dignity in Barr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure he has any dignity left.
    Well he thinks he does. I'd love to see him quit in protest.

  15. #37755
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well he thinks he does. I'd love to see him quit in protest.
    Wouldn't that be the biggest joke of 2020.

  16. #37756
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    You are talking about second wave. It was second wage feminism that got a misandrist flair on some edges. Got some "Buff Lesbo no need for men but for reproduction" participants. Third wave tend to be inclusive as fuck, and expand to cover said groups you just mentioned.
    First wave = Political Rights.
    Second wave = womens liberation, with some strange twist and turns on the edges.
    Third wave = inclusivity and equity.

    To just go extreme shorthand. There's a great description of some Second Wave feminism's less tasteful parts in the Handmaid's Tale. (narrators mother and her circle). A book published, partly, as a reaction to the reaction to second wave feminism from the evangelical parts of the US and as a critique on some parts of second wave feminists who lost sight of what they should fight for.

    But if you respect women, and want to treat them as human and not objects. You should approve of feminism.
    If you want men to have an equal chance of getting custody of children after a divorce, you should approve of feminism. Etc
    When did feminism ever stop at political rights, inclusivity, and equity? It's about said things + a bit more for compensation, revenge, or just because. Some women will fight for full custody of children despite cringing because they perceive child support as alimony. They want the same pay as corporate businessmen but want maternity leave and won't work weekends and late nights. They max out at 5 push ups, have less strength and endurance but want the right to be firemen and soldiers as well as the right to refuse conscription. They want to fight men as equals but cry and shout you hit a woman?! They want to be the same but different. Equity isn't equitable.

    Warning: Woman slaps cop and cries when slaps back.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wfS0GD6eu4

  17. #37757
    Legendary! Saninicus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Iron city of Dis
    Posts
    6,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    And, as I mentioned, it's far more a branch of second wave feminism than anything third wave.
    Last bit on this since it's wildly off topic. But it's freaking difficult to keep track of this stuff. Much like trump's lawsuits huehuehue.

  18. #37758
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    Jesus Christ stop huffing paint fumes. At this rate you will never get to see your totally will happen civil war if you keep going ham on those fumes.
    I am not allowed to discuss civil war. I mean, sure we have people like Bannon calling for the execution of political rivals and Donny Jr calling for civil war right after the election, or Trump-aligned groups holding rallies demanding Trump declare martial law, or Flynn calling for martial law, and these are all related to the 2020 election, but that stuff I am NOT allowed to comment on. I get banned for a month if I discuss the ramifications of these events.

    I get this from scrapbot if I do:

    Refrain from continuing to derail threads with specific civil war speculation. The fixation in spite of numerable warnings, the thread topic, and a focus on left-wing casualties is inappropriate.

    Refrain from derailing discussion to press focus on nuclear civil war.

    Refrain from continuing to derail discussion to focus on civil war speculation across several threads, after repeated warnings to cease this behavior.


    As far as this forum is concerned, Flynn can call for what is essentially civil war YESTERDAY. But if I talk about it HERE, the mods can and will ban me for 1 month. They will not allow me to start a civil war discussion thread for these events either. So if you want a discussion on civil war, MMOC is not the place for it. We are not allowed to discuss how to avoid civil war. I don't know what the mods will do if/when shooting starts, if they will change their minds (kinda too late at that point). We cannot discuss this.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2020-12-03 at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  19. #37759
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I am not allowed to discuss civil war. I mean, sure we have people like Bannon calling for the execution of political rivals and Donny Jr calling for civil war right after the election, or Trump-aligned groups holding rallies demanding Trump declare martial law, or Flynn calling for martial law, and these are all related to the 2020 election, but that stuff I am NOT allowed to comment on. I get banned for a month if I discuss the ramifications of these events.

    I get this from scrapbot if I do:

    Refrain from continuing to derail threads with specific civil war speculation. The fixation in spite of numerable warnings, the thread topic, and a focus on left-wing casualties is inappropriate.

    Refrain from derailing discussion to press focus on nuclear civil war.

    Refrain from continuing to derail discussion to focus on civil war speculation across several threads, after repeated warnings to cease this behavior.


    As far as this forum is concerned, Flynn can call for what is essentially civil war YESTERDAY. But if I talk about it HERE, the mods can and will ban me for 1 month. They will not allow me to start a civil war discussion thread for these events either. So if you want a discussion on civil war, MMOC is not the place for it. We are not allowed to discuss how to avoid civil war. I don't know what the mods will do if/when shooting starts, if they will change their minds (kinda too late at that point). We cannot discuss this.
    What's your point here? That someone else can say a thing, but you can't on a forum with rules? Is that it? Really?

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  20. #37760
    https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N2IJ1F9

    And SCOTUS ruled in favor of the churches challenging the CA restrictions on indoor worship, mirroring their earlier ruling for NY.

    I guess according to the SCOTUS, people have the right to get infected in dangerous situations and spread the virus to innocent people who are trying to follow medical guidance. That's the functional reality of this order, just kicking it back down to the lower court with a sticky note saying, "Precedent, bitch."

    Man, SCOTUS justices don't matter at all, and we should totally burn everything down to get what we want and ignore the long-term and lasting consequences that lifetime appointments to the highest court in the land create.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •