1. #41061
    Quote Originally Posted by stardrist View Post
    I have no intent to or interest in intimidating you. I just genuinely fucking hate you.
    Is this supposed to elicit some sort of response from me? You are exactly nothing to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I know who this user is—he bitches about the same shit every time he makes a new account (his main one is permanently banned).
    Yup, he's been at it for a depressingly long time.
    Fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against Nobody is obsessed with you. Nobody really even cares about you. You're simply the joke that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

  2. #41062
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I know who this user is—he bitches about the same shit every time he makes a new account (his main one is permanently banned).
    wait whos the main

  3. #41063
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wait whos the main
    PM’d you. Don’t want to post it here.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  4. #41064
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,478
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is what happens when the election is over, but the thread stays open, and people then decide to go in circles with shit like wolf packs. And some people insist on feeding the troll-like existences.

    Honestly, the people that feed those that are full of obvious shit and trolls are almost as bad as the trolls themselves. It gets so fucking tedious seeing pages of 2 posters going round in circles with the same posts nonstop.
    It’s really the pretentious nonsense that gets me. As if there was some victory to be won arguing about... packs of humans because we’re really like... wolves... or whatever it was?

    Anywho, I think it very fitting e close this thread on the 20th. Consign these last four miserable years to the history books in our own special way.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  5. #41065
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    PM’d you. Don’t want to post it here.
    I'd also love to know who that main is. That dude has spammed hundreds and hundreds of accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  6. #41066
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,478
    Quote Originally Posted by stardrist View Post
    No one is trolling any one here. I genuinely fucking hate people like you.
    Dude maybe go take a walk outside or something? Get a hobby maybe?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  7. #41067
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It’s really the pretentious nonsense that gets me. As if there was some victory to be won arguing about... packs of humans because we’re really like... wolves... or whatever it was?
    That's just it. Everyone is after a "victory," even over the most inane things. On a niche gaming forum's politics sub-section no less....
    Fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against Nobody is obsessed with you. Nobody really even cares about you. You're simply the joke that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

  8. #41068
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The word is "misanthrope" and we're aware that it's quite in vogue to justify reprehensible political opinions. Mostly among edgy white dudes in PHIL and POL 101, but a few people seem not to be able to grow out of it for reasons.

    Can't be accused of unethical behavior if one has no ethics, after all.
    I dislike portions of society, but then so do you. I do not avoid it however.

    I went to POL 400 and CR 300 levels actually.

    Ethics are a social construct, and valid only within the society that creates them.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  9. #41069
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I dislike portions of society, but then so do you. I do not avoid it however.

    I went to POL 400 and CR 300 levels actually.

    Ethics are a social construct, and valid only within the society that creates them.
    So is language, and economics, and law, and social cues, and so forth.

    Pretty much everything but grunting at each other and hitting people that bother us is a "social construct".

  10. #41070
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So is language, and economics, and law, and social cues, and so forth.

    Pretty much everything but grunting at each other and hitting people that bother us is a "social construct".
    Yes, your point? Ethics are not a universal law, they very (often greatly) from group to group.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  11. #41071
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yes, your point? Ethics are not a universal law, they very (often greatly) from group to group.
    Ethics is simply a way to distinguish the trust worthy, from those that aren’t. It’s not a law... it just explains the negative perception, when lack of ethics is on display. If you follow the unethical, you won’t break any laws, but you will be complaining about the result...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So is language, and economics, and law, and social cues, and so forth.

    Pretty much everything but grunting at each other and hitting people that bother us is a "social construct".
    We need to fix the social order, where lying is no longer socially constructed as pejorative.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  12. #41072
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yes, your point? Ethics are not a universal law, they very (often greatly) from group to group.
    More curious about your point - ethics are not a universal law: so what? Are you trying to imply that we should discard them because of that?

  13. #41073
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They are rounding up people by the droves now, which is excellent. The charges are pretty blasé though - nothing regarding any of the deaths or charges related. It's possible they are waiting on those more severe charges, which makes sense - no need to rush them once the terrorists have been arrested.
    I suspect they might be holding off to potentially stop Trump from issuing pardons for the more serious crimes. Wait until Biden is in, then drop the really serious stuff.

  14. #41074
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    More curious about your point - ethics are not a universal law: so what? Are you trying to imply that we should discard them because of that?
    The argument is that what we accept in general as ethical, is a social construct, to imply there is a different way. It’s a strange spin on ‘greater good’ or downright arguing that corruption would be fine, if socially accepted it as a norm. Which is strange...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  15. #41075
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I suspect they might be holding off to potentially stop Trump from issuing pardons for the more serious crimes. Wait until Biden is in, then drop the really serious stuff.
    That is also my suspicion. Better to wait until the Emperor with No Clothes is out and then get down to business with adults running the room.

  16. #41076
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The argument is that what we accept in general as ethical, is a social construct, to imply there is a different way. It’s a strange spin on ‘greater good’ or downright arguing that corruption would be fine, if socially accepted it as a norm. Which is strange...
    A fool's errand to argue ethics with any such conservative. They can only formulate ethics as such;
    Ethics should encumber any minorities
    Ethics should grant me privileges.

    See Justice Alito’s concurrence in Ricci.

  17. #41077
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yes, your point? Ethics are not a universal law, they very (often greatly) from group to group.
    My point is that nothing is a "universal law". It's all social constructs. Every single thing about humanity that has allowed us to develop beyond living in caves and hiding from predators boils down to "social constructs". That something is a social construct does not mean it's less "real" than any other. Saying "but ethics is just a social construct" is no different than saying "but pedophilia is just a social construct". It isn't a defense of whatever you're trying to argue. Of course it's a social construct. So are laws about murder. So is the language we're using to discuss this. So is the concept of art. So? Why does that matter?

  18. #41078
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My point is that nothing is a "universal law". It's all social constructs. Every single thing about humanity that has allowed us to develop beyond living in caves and hiding from predators boils down to "social constructs". That something is a social construct does not mean it's less "real" than any other. Saying "but ethics is just a social construct" is no different than saying "but pedophilia is just a social construct". It isn't a defense of whatever you're trying to argue. Of course it's a social construct. So are laws about murder. So is the language we're using to discuss this. So is the concept of art. So? Why does that matter?
    It boils down to moral relativism, which any philosopher worth their salt will tell you is an absolute non-starter as far as a platform for debate is concerned. It attempts to argue from a stance of moral authority that, er, there are no moral authorities. It’s a completely self-defeating argument that some people desperately cling to to avoid actually having to face the shitty choices that they’ve made/supported.

  19. #41079
    Herald of the Titans TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    2,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    It boils down to moral relativism, which any philosopher worth their salt will tell you is an absolute non-starter as far as a platform for debate is concerned. It attempts to argue from a stance of moral authority that, er, there are no moral authorities. It’s a completely self-defeating argument that some people desperately cling to to avoid actually having to face the shitty choices that they’ve made/supported.
    Sounds like cognitive dissonance.

  20. #41080
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,575
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is on fire this week, calling for Sen Cruz and Hawley to resign. Stating that the Georgia elections proved that southern states aren't "red" states but in fact suppressed states. Her statements sound more and more statesman-like as she grows into her role.
    [S]he said that Democrats’ U.S. Senate wins in Georgia were a result of “multi-racial” and “multi-cultural” grassroots organization and a sign that “southern states are not red states, they are suppressed states. Which means the only way that our country’s going to heal is through the actual liberation of southern states,” she said. “The actual liberation of the poor, the actual liberation of working people from economic, social, and racial oppression. That’s the only way.
    Hard to disagree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •