1. #4861
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your link contradicts your claim. Try reading it before linking, next time;

    "Since there are only a few infected pets (worldwide), we assume that there is a minimal risk that a pet can be infected by the owner."

    It's vanishingly rare for a family pet to contract the disease, even with a sick owner, and there's no evidence of animals infecting people.
    So there is an animal vector despite you trying bullshit your way out of it. Even its a small chance. But then again Ebola has a small chance of being transmitted as well. Because Covid can move to an animal it can say survive, mutate and then return. Thus, there will likely be never a 100 % vaccine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    A basic grasp of clinical testing methodologies is not "pure optimism". You're fearmongering over bullshit and even your own sources are confirming that it is bullshit.
    You are living in a fantasy world mate. Big Pharma have sometimes spent billions in dollars and ten thousand man hours in developing new cures and vaccines and all for naught. There is no guarantee to your claims. So how long are you willing tp fuck over the economy on behest of democrats?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There is a CV19 thread...meanwhile the GOP is stealing is the election. Oy vey.
    Good because im utterly done with the establishment democrats fucking over the working class.

  2. #4862
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post

    Good because im utterly done with the establishment democrats fucking over the working class.
    But you can't get enough of the establishment republicans fucking over the working class.

  3. #4863
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Good because im utterly done with the establishment democrats fucking over the working class.
    So, instead of putting the work in you all ran as outsiders bent on destroying the other axes in the Democratic coalition and now decide you're going to sit out and not put the work in for another four years? Oooooookay.

  4. #4864
    Herald of the Titans TigTone's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    But you can't get enough of the establishment republicans fucking over the working class.
    At this point I think they are just more troll workers posting the usual BS propaganda.

  5. #4865
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    And all of it irrelevant. It's an extremely virulent disease and you have a large population with no herd immunity. Everyone will get covid sooner then later you can only slow it down.
    You first, lol. I just wish expressing this sort of attitude automatically set one’s triage priority to “treat only if we have money for another ventilator behind the back of the couch”.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  6. #4866
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    80,119
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    So there is an animal vector despite you trying bullshit your way out of it.
    Your own source confirmed otherwise.

    You're lying, to push a bullshit agenda.

    You are living in a fantasy world mate. Big Pharma have sometimes spent billions in dollars and ten thousand man hours in developing new cures and vaccines and all for naught. There is no guarantee to your claims. So how long are you willing tp fuck over the economy on behest of democrats?
    Both a failure to recognize the success at eliminating the likes of polio and smallpox, and a bunch of irrelevant masturbatory partisanship, to demonstrate exactly what your bullshit agenda is all about.

    You're literally pushing a conspiracy theory, here, one without any basis in reality.


  7. #4867
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    A reminder that COVID-19 is only destroying the economy by virtue of the American economy having been worn down by decades of right wing mismanagement.

    Corona didn’t chip away at public assistance until it was practically worthless. Corona didn’t force any business owner to keep wages low even as productivity increased. Corona did not continually insist on privatized healthcare despite all evidence that universal healthcare is better. And Corona has not brainwashed millions of ignorant white people into fertile ground for all manner of conspiracy theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  8. #4868
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How does the US economy and the establishment democrats "fucking over the working class" affect you, my German friend?
    Because, obviously, he sees himself as having more in common with people of a class he identifies with than people of the same nationality, like most intelligent people.

    Rather than, like most conservatives, voting tribally on the basis of nationality. Such as people like you who continuously vote against their own interests.

  9. #4869
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandistan View Post
    Because, obviously, he sees himself as having more in common with people of a class he identifies with than people of the same nationality, like most intelligent people.

    Rather than, like most conservatives, voting tribally on the basis of nationality. Such as people like you who continuously vote against their own interests.
    But a country and its policies should exist to benefit the people inside the country and so being a nationalist is about supporting their own interest.

  10. #4870
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    But a country and its policies should exist to benefit the people inside the country and so being a nationalist is about supporting their own interest.
    Your politicians exist to enrich the ruling class. They don't care about you.

  11. #4871
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    But a country and its policies should exist to benefit the people inside the country and so being a nationalist is about supporting their own interest.
    Your politicians exist to enrich the ruling class. They don't care about you.

  12. #4872
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandistan View Post
    Your politicians exist to enrich the ruling class. They don't care about you.
    Well I don't care but my point was that your argument about a lack of self-interest doesn't make sense. Nationalists are nationalists because of self-interest.

  13. #4873
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well I don't care but my point was that your argument about a lack of self-interest doesn't make sense. Nationalists are nationalists because of self-interest.
    Nationalists generally vote against their own interests, since they vote for people who fuck them over.

  14. #4874
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandistan View Post
    Nationalists generally vote against their own interests, since they vote for people who fuck them over.
    Okay but lefties do the same thing. For example Western lefties would implement environmental handicaps for the West even if places like Asia(e.g. China, Russia) and Africa won't vote in those same handicaps. Germans such as yourself may have supported the mass migration of millions of low-education low-skill MENA migrants who are from a culture that does not value secular democracy, female social equality, gay rights, etc.

    The truth is neither sides of the spectrum ever has a monopoly on self-interest. These issues can be found on both sides.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-05-25 at 10:37 PM.

  15. #4875
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay but lefties do the same thing. For example Western lefties would implement environmental handicaps for the West even if places like Asia(e.g. China, Russia) and Africa won't vote in those same handicaps.
    None of which are contrary to national interest unless one is the sort of drooling idiot that deems climate change a non-issue.

    Germans such as yourself may have supported the mass migration of millions of low-education low-skill migrants who are from a culture that does not value secular democracy, female social equality, gay rights, etc.
    When did Germany get so many American immigrants all of the sudden?

    Here's the difference, sweetheart; nothing about nationalism is good. Other philosophies have redeeming qualities, usually.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Not going to lie, it's honestly kind of disgusting how the right wing constantly buttresses oppressive systems until it becomes politically untenable and then proceed to co-opt said struggles as part of their mythology of liberty, despite them being the primary obstacle to a just system in the first place.

    America is such a bastion of gay rights, says the person who was probably voicing skepticism of federal recognition of gay marriage up until SCOTUS forced the issue. Fucking lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  16. #4876
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    America is such a bastion of gay rights, says the person who was probably voicing skepticism of federal recognition of gay marriage up until SCOTUS forced the issue. Fucking lol.
    I mean, it's still in the Republican platform that marriage should be between only a man and a woman and Eastern Europe is a hothead of anti-LGBT sentiment and violence so it's not like the we're in a good place over here either.

  17. #4877
    Clean air and clean water are things we should all feel are in everyone' self-interest.

  18. #4878
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    None of which are contrary to national interest unless one is the sort of drooling idiot that deems climate change a non-issue.
    A country limiting itself can easily be against its rational self-interest. For example if we ban gas and meat and things that are bad for the environment while China and Russia don't do that then it would be voting against our own interest.

    When did Germany get so many American immigrants all of the sudden?
    The German migration crisis from several years ago was mainly about MENA migrants.

    Here's the difference, sweetheart; nothing about nationalism is good. Other philosophies have redeeming qualities, usually.
    Not true, nationalism has good and bad aspects. Nations and other abstractions like corporations are important because they allow for different hierarchies and structures to be tested out, without which many problems could not be solved in an efficient manner.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-05-25 at 11:17 PM.

  19. #4879
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    A country limiting itself can easily be against its rational self-interest. For example if we ban gas and meat and things that are bad for the environment while China and Russia don't do that then it would be voting against our own interest.
    Only if you want the US to become like Russia and China.

    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Not true, nationalism has good and bad aspects. Nations and other abstractions like corporations are important because they allow for different hierarchies and structures to be tested out, without which many problems could not be solved in an efficient manner.
    Nationalisn has nothing to do with corporations.

  20. #4880
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    A country limiting itself can easily be against its rational self-interest. For example if we ban gas and meat and things that are bad for the environment while China and Russia don't do that then it would be voting against our own interest.
    Something you continually insist but fail to actually, you know, prove. Because your argument always seems to boil down to this:



    The German migration crisis from several years ago was mainly about MENA migrants.
    Cool, the qualities you bitch about them having apply equally to most non-college educated whites in America.

    Not true, nationalism has good and bad aspects. Nations and other abstractions like corporations are important because they allow for different hierarchies and structures to be tested out, without which many problems could not be solved in an efficient manner.
    You're conflating "nation" with "state". These are two different things.

    States allow for a variety of case studies. "Nation" is a fairly modern concept that has always been more trouble than it is worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •