1. #4881
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Only if you want the US to become like Russia and China.
    I want the opposite!

    Nationalisn has nothing to do with corporations.
    Nationalism is based on right wing concepts like hierarchical authority. Ultimately anything like this, even a "family unit" can be viewed as having these right wing features. They arise because they are often vastly more effective than an egalitarian system.

  2. #4882
    Banned JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,394
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I want the opposite!



    Nationalism is based on right wing concepts like hierarchical authority. Ultimately anything like this, even a "family unit" can be viewed as having these right wing features. They arise because they are often vastly more effective than an egalitarian system.
    Should stop voting for nationalists, or just be honest.

  3. #4883
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Curious. You seem to have already assumed I'm a nationalist, tribal conservative. Who is it you think I vote for?
    You have made it clear you intend to vote for Biden, which proves my point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay but lefties do the same thing. For example Western lefties would implement environmental handicaps for the West even if places like Asia(e.g. China, Russia) and Africa won't vote in those same handicaps.
    I vote for environmental "handicaps" (my shares in solar are doing pretty well btw) mainly because I'm sick of breathing poisoned air. I don't care if that costs a dozen or so billionaire industrialists money.
    Germans such as yourself may have supported the mass migration of millions of low-education low-skill MENA migrants who are from a culture that does not value secular democracy, female social equality, gay rights, etc.
    Germany has a huge ageing population that needs younger workers. My hatred of foreigners does not extend to wanting my society to collapse as a result.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Should stop voting for nationalists, or just be honest.
    Sad things is I don't think this guy will ever understand how much the people he votes for despise him. I can pass as posh in certain situations and on occasion I've heard what the ruling class actually think of everyone else (usually in situations involving alcohol). it is pretty vicious.

  4. #4884
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Should stop voting for nationalists, or just be honest.
    Well Trump is a nationalist and I don't have any major policy disagreements with him. I've supported the majority, but not all, of his policy decisions so far. Democrats are more about liberalism which is also very good, I agree with most all liberal values as well. They both have some strengths and weaknesses IMO.

  5. #4885
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well Trump is a nationalist and I don't have any major policy disagreements with him. I've supported the majority, but not all, of his policy decisions so far. Democrats are more about liberalism which is also very good, I agree with most all liberal values as well. They both have some strengths and weaknesses IMO.
    Your balls are getting skewered by that fence you are sitting on.

  6. #4886
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunistan View Post
    Your balls are getting skewered by that fence you are sitting on.
    Ouch, is that how you view society? If you subtract the pandemic and its effects then we're living in the best time to be alive. It barely even matters if Trump or Biden wins...

  7. #4887
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Ouch, is that how you view society? If you subtract the pandemic and its effects then we're living in the best time to be alive. It barely even matters if Trump or Biden wins...
    Actually, if you take away 9/11, 2000s were better.

    Oh and because of the wide difference between Trump and Biden on healthcare, it matters more than ever.

    Edit: What do you take away from 90s to make them better? Columbine? Have to keep Monica scandal, that made it better.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-26 at 12:52 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  8. #4888
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandristal View Post
    You keep trying to twist this away from the fact you are supporting a candidate everyone knows works with corporations against the public interest. I am not interested in your intellectually vacuous deflections and rationalizations of that simple fact.
    You mean Trump? The one who has been removing environmental protections so companies can dump their garbage for profit?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  9. #4889
    High Overlord Zinstorm's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Posts
    176
    ......I wish we had a better way to deal with bad faith posters.

  10. #4890
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    @Gunistan @Furdristal, if you would just stop spamming and have a calm reasonable debate you wouldn't have to make a new account every five seconds. You should take a chill pill...

  11. #4891
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You mean Trump? The one who has been removing environmental protections so companies can dump their garbage for profit?
    Yeah, and he is the president. /shrug

    It’s like they want a left wing version of Trump, which at least implies issues don’t mater.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  12. #4892
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    @Furdristal, if you would just stop spamming and have a calm reasonable debate you wouldn't have to make a new account every five seconds. You should take a chill pill...
    It’s compulsive... just sayin’... Saying ‘take a chill pill’ implies that this is a singular event, not something that happens almost every couple of hours.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  13. #4893
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Furdristal View Post
    Snip
    I'm sorry but what?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  14. #4894
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s compulsive... just sayin’... Saying ‘take a chill pill’ implies that this is a singular event, not something that happens almost every couple of hours.
    Too much hysteria.

    BTW is Skroe permanently gone or what? Last I saw he was threatening to guillotine somebody...

  15. #4895
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,249
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Too much hysteria.

    BTW is Skroe permanently gone or what? Last I saw he was threatening to guillotine somebody...
    After this long I would say yes, but it's possible he just had THAT many points that it might be awhile.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  16. #4896
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    After this long I would say yes, but it's possible he just had THAT many points that it might be awhile.
    It's weird how inconsistent they are about permabans for calling for death. I'm fine with Skroe getting a perma-ban, but certain other posters have called for death on multiple occasions, and are still here. Hell, one poster has done it at least twice, plagiarized multiple times, and even ran a burner account, and she's still running around. We've had another poster that said Hitler didn't go far enough, and what he did should have been done to every religion. She's also still running around.

  17. #4897
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    24,111
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well Trump is a nationalist and I don't have any major policy disagreements with him. I've supported the majority, but not all, of his policy decisions so far. Democrats are more about liberalism which is also very good, I agree with most all liberal values as well. They both have some strengths and weaknesses IMO.
    Well said. I agree with some of the liberal values, but not all. And there are times when I disagree with Trump. But I do not agree it hardly matters who is in power within the government. Who is, shapes what the US is and stands for. Not just the President of course, but a combination of Congress and very importantly, the courts. Esp. the Supreme Court.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  18. #4898
    Banned JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,394
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well Trump is a nationalist and I don't have any major policy disagreements with him. I've supported the majority, but not all, of his policy decisions so far. Democrats are more about liberalism which is also very good, I agree with most all liberal values as well. They both have some strengths and weaknesses IMO.
    So you have no problem with the US turning into China or Russia, well, good to hear you're honest at least.

  19. #4899
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    So you have no problem with the US turning into China or Russia, well, good to hear you're honest at least.
    Those are closer to the socialist values the liberals have imho. Trump wants the country to be a new normal. A self sufficient country not relying on any other nation for anything. We can be. I dont know of one thing another country produces that we cannot. We also have more scientific advances due to our military spending than any other country.

  20. #4900
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Those are closer to the socialist values the liberals have imho. Trump wants the country to be a new normal. A self sufficient country not relying on any other nation for anything. We can be. I dont know of one thing another country produces that we cannot. We also have more scientific advances due to our military spending than any other country.
    Trump wants national socialism.

    If he actually wanted what you claimed, then he wouldn't be trying to hire immigrants for all his properties. You Trumpsters got conned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •