1. #5021
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The same also holds true for Georgia with Stacey Abrams, considering that she came within a hairs breadth of winning her election (assuming she didn't actually do so but, GOP voter suppression and electoral fraud).

    As difficult as it is to accept that such a diverse field of Presidential candidates came down to a contest between two old white men, it is heartening to see that there's such a good selection of candidates for the first female Vice President. These women are certainly a hell of a lot more professional and competent than Miss Pence.
    Agreed. Abrams is my, um, shit, not going to say dark horse candidate, but that's what I mean. And putting both GA and in general the entire south into play would completely fuck with the GOP's ad buying strategy.

    But yeah, as you said, a terrific list of highly qualified candidates for what will hopefully be the first female Vice President.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    In that scenario, at the very least, it would put Florida in a "we gotta cause a lot of fuckery like we did in 2000 so we can win it" from the GOP. But even then it might not be enough, especially with Arizona and possibly north Carolina likely going to Biden as well. They are in for a possible real rough ride.
    Agreed. And did you see that Trump is now fucking up the North Carolina GOP Convention? He's demanding proof that they can fill the seats. And the NC Health Department is throwing it back in his face, demanding he provide proof that 50,000 people can gather safely, given the ongoing pandemic.

    I wanted to hug her.

  2. #5022
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No such hypocrisy exists. You're making it up. And the Reade case doesn't demonstrate any "hypocrisy". #MeToo was never "blindly believe all claims absent any evidence and without engaging in any scrutiny whatsoever, just presume all men automatically guilty always and forever". The only way there's "hypocrisy" is if you think that's what #MeToo was ever about.
    It was almost exactly about believing accusers without any other evidence. Which is why I defended folks like Kevin Spacey and Aziz Anzari so long ago (here in these forums, BTW). Don't act like people weren't just saying accuser were to be believed, and the accused should not hold offices of public trust. That's exactly the upshot of the moment. That's the Kavanaugh thing right there. And to an extent, I agree that there is no reason to have someone like Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS, just like I'd rather not have ever had Trump, and just like I don't now want Biden. How are those jackasses supposed to be the best that is on offer?

    Now, its clearly hypocrisy.

    Why can't you folks be even-handed in your examination? Why must it always fit into the dominant two party rhetoric or be shut down?

  3. #5023
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    It was almost exactly about believing accusers without any other evidence.
    No.

    Karen, just...no. This is a fiction.

    Also, nice outing yourself as not actually giving a shit about sexual assault survivors beyond their ability to be weaponised against candidates you dislike. How vile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  4. #5024
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    It was almost exactly about believing accusers without any other evidence. Which is why I defended folks like Kevin Spacey and Aziz Anzari so long ago (here in these forums, BTW). Don't act like people weren't just saying accuser were to be believed, and the accused should not hold offices of public trust. That's exactly the upshot of the moment. That's the Kavanaugh thing right there. And to an extent, I agree that there is no reason to have someone like Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS, just like I'd rather not have ever had Trump, and just like I don't now want Biden. How are those jackasses supposed to be the best that is on offer?

    Now, its clearly hypocrisy.

    Why can't you folks be even-handed in your examination? Why must it always fit into the dominant two party rhetoric or be shut down?
    We are even handed. It's your bias that can't see that, not ours. Even the ridiculous words in this post above demonstrate that. Your silly whataboutisms and veiled "both sides" show you for the charlatan we all knew you to be.

    But hey, thanks for making the world a worse place for rape victims. Brock called, wanted to see if you'd hang out some time.

  5. #5025
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We are even handed. It's your bias that can't see that, not ours. Even the ridiculous words in this post above demonstrate that. Your silly whataboutisms and veiled "both sides" show you for the charlatan we all knew you to be.

    But hey, thanks for making the world a worse place for rape victims. Brock called, wanted to see if you'd hang out some time.
    I can practically smell the TERF. I thought the whole thing behind extremist dogwhistling was that it was supposed to be...you know...subtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  6. #5026
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No.

    Karen, just...no. This is a fiction.

    Also, nice outing yourself as not actually giving a shit about sexual assault survivors beyond their ability to be weaponised against candidates you dislike. How vile.
    That's one of the nice saving graces of the shallower Trump supporters, they typically out themselves through their own vile hypocrisy.

  7. #5027
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Why can't you folks be even-handed in your examination? Why must it always fit into the dominant two party rhetoric or be shut down?
    I'm not even American; I have no reason whatsoever to be partisan. Come up with better slander: this is lazy shit.


  8. #5028
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Why can't you folks be even-handed in your examination? Why must it always fit into the dominant two party rhetoric or be shut down?
    I’m sorry... How are you to be even handed, between Trump’s serial assault and Biden’s accuser? Kavanaugh was defended but people claiming men are afraid to hire women, because the same will happen to them. Kavanaugh has a long history and Ford made her case under oath, as GOP were denying witnesses. Last I checked, Biden met every request Reade made, to the point her story change to accommodate Biden’s transparency.

    Biden sponsored the violence against women act, that gave women like Reade the funding to go after their assailants. GOP has been blocking even a senate vote on it since last year. I realize you are trying to lower Biden to Trump’s level, but at the same time you are raising a serial assaulter, to someone who sponsored violence against women act.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    We are even handed. It's your bias that can't see that, not ours.
    Trump had 3 new accusers just last year, with last assault in 2016. How does one equate Trump just last year, to 40 years of Biden. The woman he assaulted in 2016 even filed charges, but dropped them due to threats. Neither of the 3 got the press Reade got, because GOP and especially Trump’s assault has been accepted as the norm.

    Edit: Despite the cries of hypocrisy, the only reason Reade is getting press, while Trump accusers don’t. Is because liberals do fall for it... because this does disenfranchise the left. It means jack shit when Trump does it and left’s opinion has been rendered moot in regard to Trump.

    While people QQ that democrats are hypocrites, think about how much press this would get if it were Trump. Before answering with what one assumes or Fox tells you about Trump getting too much press... name one of Trump’s accusers without googling. It won’t be as easy as Reade...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-28 at 01:59 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  9. #5029
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    It was almost exactly about believing accusers without any other evidence. Which is why I defended folks like Kevin Spacey and Aziz Anzari so long ago (here in these forums, BTW). Don't act like people weren't just saying accuser were to be believed, and the accused should not hold offices of public trust. That's exactly the upshot of the moment. That's the Kavanaugh thing right there. And to an extent, I agree that there is no reason to have someone like Kavanaugh on the SCOTUS, just like I'd rather not have ever had Trump, and just like I don't now want Biden. How are those jackasses supposed to be the best that is on offer?

    Now, its clearly hypocrisy.

    Why can't you folks be even-handed in your examination? Why must it always fit into the dominant two party rhetoric or be shut down?
    Aziz case the story itself we all knew... what was there to defend there exactly? IN that case a woman didn't speak up and just went along with what she assumed he wanted without ever voicing her concerns and expect him to read her mind somehow... I believe her story... her story just doesn't paint her in a good light. What is there to second guess?

    As far as Kevin spacey there have been more credible claims...

    And this bit about hypocrisy? What? the woman isn't credible... she has a lying problem, and a changing story problem, and a sudden fascination of Putin problem.

  10. #5030
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump had 3 new accusers just last year, with last assault in 2016. How does one equate Trump just last year, to 40 years of Biden. The woman he assaulted in 2016 even filed charges, but dropped them due to threats. Neither of the 3 got the press Reade got, because GOP and especially Trump’s assault has been accepted as the norm.

    Edit: Despite the cries of hypocrisy, the only reason Reade is getting press, while Trump accusers don’t. Is because liberals do fall for it... because this does disenfranchise the left. It means jack shit when Trump does it and left’s opinion has been rendered moot in regard to Trump.

    While people QQ that democrats are hypocrites, think about how much press this would get if it were Trump. Before answering with what one assumes or Fox tells you about Trump getting too much press... name one of Trump’s accusers without googling. It won’t be as easy as Reade...
    What's even more interesting is that historically, sexual assaulters are not one-offs (i'll be on the first train to hell for that pun), they are habitual people. If Biden had committed the act Reade claims, almost 40 years ago, there would be a Trumponian line of people out the door accusing Biden of similar actions.

    What we do know is that Biden has ZERO sexual assault claims against him.

  11. #5031
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not even American; I have no reason whatsoever to be partisan.
    Dude, your whole thing is that folks should vote blue no matter who, incrementalism be damned. I have no idea why you shill, I just see that you do. You're probably one of the worst offenders in this category.

    It is puzzling. You sit there in Canada, all cozy and shit because you have a rational healthcare system for literally decades, a government that when push comes to shove is actually there for you. Etc.

    But heaven forfend, that I as an actual U.S. citizen, should question the endless incremental bullshit the Dems keep trying to dish out. The Biden candidacy is the worst example yet. FWIW, I don't exactly think Biden is any way in the clear - he's been creepy Joe for quite some time now too. But its really his right-wing, corporatist policies that are the problem. A clear example of how little different the Dems are from the GOP they clearly wish to become.

    Earlier, somewhere on here, I linked to a David Sirota piece that spells it out pretty clearly - the Dems be shilling for that corporate money, there's the real fight. I understand that you may disagree with the article as written, but I am hardly the only person with a leftist viewpoint that thinks almost everything the Dems are currently doing is grotesquely shameful.

    There's maybe 10-12 Dems trying to do anything at all. If they get too far out of line, some Dem insider kicks them in the teeth and shows them their place. Counter-scheduling on tap.

  12. #5032
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Dude, your whole thing is that folks should vote blue no matter who, incrementalism be damned.
    What a ridiculous strawman, Karen.

    This is the same Endus we're talking about, right? The Endus that believes America's bipartisanism to be a joke of democracy and the result of an all or nothing mindset? "Incrementalism be damned" is a funny thing to say to a, like, actual socialist.

    Also, why are you complaining about a lack of incrementalism and then in the next breath saying that the Democrats are bad because incrementalism? Couldn't possibly be because "Democrats bad" is a foregone conclusion in your mind and your both sides narrative is a nice little bit of fiction to try and disguise that?

    EDIT: Somehow I missed that you'd actually put forward Dave Sirota as an example of good political commentary. How long are we going to have to deal with the fallout of Bernie stan twitter. /sigh
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-05-28 at 04:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  13. #5033
    Klobuchar is probably out of the Veepstakes
    https://www.mintpressnews.com/chief-...vcgQIxwN3fQMnc

    As Chief Prosecutor, Klobuchar Declined to Bring Charges Against Cop that Killed George Floyd
    While serving as Minnesota’s chief prosecutor between 1999 and 2007, Klobuchar declined to bring charges against more than two dozen officers who had killed citizens while on duty – including against the cop that killed George Floyd.
    Headline explains it

  14. #5034
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Klobuchar is probably out of the Veepstakes
    https://www.mintpressnews.com/chief-...vcgQIxwN3fQMnc

    Headline explains it
    Oof, yep. She done for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  15. #5035
    So much for Rachel Maddow's obvious pick.

    It's insane how persons of color are treated in this country. It's incredibly off-putting. We are a thousand years away from Sheriff Taylor types, they are all now more like Barney Fife - incompetents with badge and gun. Here, I'll just sit on your back with my knee on your neck...

    And none of this manslaughter shit either. If this assholes are so callous as to do what I described above, that's intentional and not accidental nor in the way of doing anyone's duty of any kind.

  16. #5036
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm not even American; I have no reason whatsoever to be partisan. Come up with better slander: this is lazy shit.
    You once argued an offtopic in a post and then reported the guy you argued with knowing you would not get banned and he would...that better? Wait, it's not slander if it's true

  17. #5037
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You once argued an offtopic in a post and then reported the guy you argued with knowing you would not get banned and he would...that better? Wait, it's not slander if it's true
    Man y'all really aren't charging Endus rent for living in your heads, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  18. #5038
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oof, yep. She done for.
    I disagree. According to the complete and utter contempt you guys show for anyone who supports Trump or disagrees with democrats, it may just be enough to swing them to the democrat side. According to the rhetoric spewed out by the posters here, anyone who does not vote democrat is a vote for Trump...thereby you may pick them up. Maybe he'll roll the dice.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Man y'all really aren't charging Endus rent for living in your heads, are you?
    I like to remind him how much of a charlatan he really is. He acts like his shit don't stink because he use to be a mod here, then abuses the same system. If you notice, he never responds, because he knows it is true.

  19. #5039
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I disagree.
    Of course you do, hun.

    According to the complete and utter contempt you guys show for anyone who supports Trump or disagrees with democrats, it may just be enough to swing them to the democrat side. According to the rhetoric spewed out by the posters here, anyone who does not vote democrat is a vote for Trump...thereby you may pick them up. Maybe he'll roll the dice.
    Um. No.

    We're talking about the fact that Biden's strongest bloc of voters doesn't look too kindly on people with a questionable prosecutorial record, especially these days. Try to keep up.

    I like to remind him how much of a charlatan he really is. He acts like his shit don't stink because he use to be a mod here, then abuses the same system. If you notice, he never responds, because he knows it is true.
    No, I suspect he just has less time to waste humoring sociopaths than I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  20. #5040
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Of course you do, hun.



    Um. No.

    We're talking about the fact that Biden's strongest bloc of voters doesn't look too kindly on people with a questionable prosecutorial record, especially these days. Try to keep up.



    No, I suspect he just has less time to waste humoring sociopaths than I.
    I was being facetious. But hey, you think I am a sociopath, so clearly I struck a nerve somehow. Be glad I am not one of the complainers who overuses the ! link at the bottom of every post. I can't use certain words to describe them anymore, they reported me for calling them something that rhymes with shiners and I got banned. I am sure you'll do the same. Complainer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •