1. #5061
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Which is a good thing. It's about time US wakes up from this factional nightmare, people really gone crazy with that Red vs Blue crap. It did not used to be this way 2 decades ago.

    Deep left, aside from absolute crazies will vote Biden. No point propping that side.
    But, there's also no reason to necessarily go with another moderate, as we already have one. Generally, they will pick someone who is a juxtaposition of the candidate. Picking another moderate Democrat (especially an old one) doesn't make much sense. In the end, picking a woman is the most likely scenario, and ideally one that will shore up the weaknesses that Biden brings... which is with young voters. If moderates think that Biden is to the left, then they are not moderates... and were never going to vote for Biden, anyways. Trying to pander to them is a waste of time.

    And yes, it was that way two decades ago, the Bush/Gore election was pretty brutal.

    It has already been pointed out that you are a Trump supporter. is there anyone Biden could put on his ticket who would get you to support him, instead? Who would that be?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-28 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #5062
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It has already been pointed out that you are a Trump supporter. is there anyone Biden could put on his ticket who would get you to support him, instead? Who would that be?
    Not Elizabeth Warren.


    Don't start with that Trump nonsense again, sheesh. Things just chilled and here we go again -_-'

    I'm sure democrats have enough strong moderates of both sexes to propose as VPs. And yes, it does not have to be a woman, it has to be a person who is most fit for the job regardless of what's going on in that person's pants.

  3. #5063
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Dude, your whole thing is that folks should vote blue no matter who, incrementalism be damned. I have no idea why you shill, I just see that you do. You're probably one of the worst offenders in this category.
    No, my "thing" is that voting is a nudge, nothing more. If that nudge goes in too radical a direction, it gets ignored, and is pointless; voting for a niche party is a waste of everyone's time unless that candidate actually has a chance at winning, and will garner a reasonable chunk of the votes. At the local level, this is a far lower barrier to meet, but in the USA at the general election? There's two options. The other entries are a waste of time. And so, you can either nudge in the direction the Democrats lean, or the way the Republicans do, or you can say "meh, they're both fine" and not vote.

    Those are your three options.

    If your personal ideology is left-wing, that means you have one reasonable option. And saying "but they're not left enough" is just useless whining. Nudge it further left. That's what voting is. Keep voting, keep participating, and over time, it'll move further. Democracy is not a nimble beast.

    I'm arguing for incrementalism. You're the one refusing to play ball if you don't get exactly your way in everything.

    It is puzzling. You sit there in Canada, all cozy and shit because you have a rational healthcare system for literally decades, a government that when push comes to shove is actually there for you. Etc.
    And how I talk, that's how democracy works in Canada. It's how we got universal health care.

    But heaven forfend, that I as an actual U.S. citizen, should question the endless incremental bullshit the Dems keep trying to dish out.
    Wait, are you for incrementalism, or not? Because you attacked me for not being incrementalist.

    I'll also note that democracy is incrementalist by design. It's intended to lock up if you try and take too big a step. Literally one of the main principles behind the system.

    The Biden candidacy is the worst example yet. FWIW, I don't exactly think Biden is any way in the clear - he's been creepy Joe for quite some time now too. But its really his right-wing, corporatist policies that are the problem. A clear example of how little different the Dems are from the GOP they clearly wish to become.
    "Both sides are the same" is absolute fucking nonsense. Sure, the Democrats are fairly centrist overall, and thus it's no shock that a long-time Democrat like Biden are centrist too. And?

    That doesn't make them bosom buddies with the far-right Republicans.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You once argued an offtopic in a post and then reported the guy you argued with knowing you would not get banned and he would...that better? Wait, it's not slander if it's true
    No, it's slander. You're lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I like to remind him how much of a charlatan he really is. He acts like his shit don't stink because he use to be a mod here, then abuses the same system. If you notice, he never responds, because he knows it is true.
    If I break the rules here, I get infracted like anyone else. I've even earned myself a couple bans for pushing some limits. If anything, the mod team here gives me less leeway than other users, on the "he should know where the line is" principle.

    I usually don't respond to this kind of accusation because it's a waste of time. And I'm not going to further derail the thread with this, so if you respond, it'll be ignored. I wouldn't have responded now if I didn't have a legitimate on-topic response to tack it on to.


  4. #5064
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not Elizabeth Warren.


    Don't start with that Trump nonsense again, sheesh. Things just chilled and here we go again -_-'

    I'm sure democrats have enough strong moderates of both sexes to propose as VPs. And yes, it does not have to be a woman, it has to be a person who is most fit for the job regardless of what's going on in that person's pants.
    I'm simply pointing it out, you are the enemy of Biden, at least when it comes to politics. You are, in fact, a Trump supporter. There really is no way around it. Therefore, the questions I asked were rather important. If you cannot show who Biden could possibly nominate, to cause you to support him, then your opinion on the matter is rather irrelevant (or even disingenuous).

    Trump chose Pence for a reason, to shore up his weaknesses. Obama did the same, and even McCain did, as well (or so they hoped). None of them were the most "qualified" options in the traditional sense, they were all thee to fill a perceived weak spot. Biden is not weak among moderates, and he's not going to convince "conservatives" to vote for him. Conservatives are riding the Trump train straight to hell, we all know that. You called for a moderate, and that's exactly what Biden is. But, that didn't change your support, so there's no reason to think another moderate will do it, either.

  5. #5065
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm simply pointing it out, you are the enemy of Biden, at least when it comes to politics. You are, in fact, a Trump supporter. There really is no way around it. Therefore, the questions I asked were rather important. If you cannot show who Biden could possibly nominate, to cause you to support him, then your opinion on the matter is rather irrelevant (or even disingenuous).

    Trump chose Pence for a reason, to shore up his weaknesses. Obama did the same, and even McCain did, as well (or so they hoped). None of them were the most "qualified" options in the traditional sense, they were all thee to fill a perceived weak spot. Biden is not weak among moderates, and he's not going to convince "conservatives" to vote for him. Conservatives are riding the Trump train straight to hell, we all know that. You called for a moderate, and that's exactly what Biden is. But, that didn't change your support, so there's no reason to think another moderate will do it, either.
    Ah yes, I am THE ENEMY of Biden.

    Biden kicked my dog, back in the days and now I am hellbent to see him destroyed. Thanks for reminding me.

    The only thing I'm enemy of are various extremist psychos who are hellbent on making everything an "us vs them" thing and are unwilling to accept that people are often more complex than RED vs BLUE.


    Believe it or not, it's completely fine to be a person who is critical of aggressively pushed woke culture and overly socialist policies on one hand, while being pro-choice when it comes to abortion, pro gun-control (and severe at that) and mindful of the fact that COVID-19 is not some kind of joke or conspiracy and people having to adhere to restrictions and recommendations including wearing masks for their own and others' sake.

    Yeah, just like me here. So what would that make me? A RED or a BLUE? Answer is VIOLET and there are a lot of people like this.

    So yes, if I would be in a voting pool in upcoming US elections, I would certainly prefer Biden's VP to not be Warren, because her policies and allies do not align with my personal opinions and beliefs. I don't need "rebels" in the government.

    As a side note, I'm glad this whole Bernie crap is finally over. That one was the real danger for US if anything in these elections comes close to that.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-28 at 03:25 PM.

  6. #5066
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ah yes, I am THE ENEMY of Biden.

    Biden kicked my dog, back in the days and now I am hellbent to see him destroyed. Thanks for reminding me.

    The only thing I'm enemy of are various extremist psychos who are hellbent on making everything an "us vs them" thing and are unwilling to accept that people are often more complex than RED vs BLUE.


    Believe it or not, it's completely fine to be a person who is critical of aggressively pushed woke culture and overly socialist policies on one hand, while being pro-choice when it comes to abortion, pro gun-control (and severe at that) and mindful of the fact that COVID-19 is not some kind of joke or conspiracy and people having to adhere to restrictions and recommendations including wearing masks for their own and others' sake.

    Yeah, just like me here. So what would that make me? A RED or a BLUE? Answer is VIOLET and there are a lot of people like this.
    Here's the problem, though.

    The entire population is a smorgasbord of colours, every color of the rainbow and some that aren't even real colors. Saying "but I'm VIOLET" doesn't make you stand out from that riot of color.

    But in the election? You've got two options. RED, or BLUE. That's it. If you're truly moderate right-wing and sit between the two, then sure, you likely can't make an easy pick; they both appeal in certain ways. Maybe you're YELLOW, and so wildly distinct from either that they're both completely out of line with your views, though I can't imagine what that would look like if we move into actual political structures and not colors. But if you're going to claim you're GREEN or TURQUOISE or NAVY BLUE or YELLOW WITH BLUE POLKA DOTS and you say anything like "BLUE is not exactly like me, so they're no better than RED, so I'm not voting", you're determinably wrong. Your position is self-defeating, and you don't have a valid basis for it.

    In this case, not voting says you think Biden will be an equally good (or bad) President as Trump. And frankly, I think anyone making that case has their heads firmly rammed into the sand, and aren't paying attention to reality.


  7. #5067
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ah yes, I am THE ENEMY of Biden.

    Biden kicked my dog, back in the days and now I am hellbent to see him destroyed. Thanks for reminding me.

    The only thing I'm enemy of are various extremist psychos who are hellbent on making everything an "us vs them" thing and are unwilling to accept that people are often more complex than RED vs BLUE.


    Believe it or not, it's completely fine to be a person who is critical of aggressively pushed woke culture and overly socialist policies on one hand, while being pro-choice when it comes to abortion, pro gun-control (and severe at that) and mindful of the fact that COVID-19 is not some kind of joke or conspiracy and people having to adhere to restrictions and recommendations including wearing masks for their own and others' sake.

    Yeah, just like me here. So what would that make me? A RED or a BLUE? Answer is VIOLET and there are a lot of people like this.

    So yes, if I would be in a voting pool in upcoming US elections, I would certainly prefer Biden's VP to not be Warren, because her policies and allies do not align with my personal opinions and beliefs. I don't need "rebels" in the government.

    As a side note, I'm glad this whole Bernie crap is finally over. That one was the real danger for US if anything in these elections comes close to that.
    Well, you are someone who supports his political opponent.

    When pushed to give me a name of a running mate who would cause you to change your support from Trump to Biden, you couldn't do it. Once again, youlabeled yourself a Trump supporter, you placed yourself in that position.

    If he picks a moderate running mate,will you support Biden, instead of Trump? If so, I want a name. Of course, considering one moderate candidate didn't change your mind, I dont see why two will yield different results.

  8. #5068
    Biden has a 23-point lead over Trump among Hispanic voters (53 percent to 29 percent), and his standing among black voters — ahead 76 percent to 9 percent — went statistically unchanged amid a May 22 dustup with Charlamagne tha God, a black radio host whom he told, “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.” Biden later apologized for the remark.
    http://morningconsult.com/2020/05/27...resident-poll/

    Further proof that the internet is not real life

  9. #5069
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, you are someone who supports his political opponent.
    *citation needed*

    But here let me help you - I am one of those people who are absolutely fine with looking at things as they are. For example, this Trump's trade war with China - 100% something that should have been done a long time ago. Him pushing Iran and calling off that sham agreement which bled Middle East dry - yes I support that. His administration looking to renegotate various agreements that do not give US its due - also fine. Leaving that arms limit accord with Russia, which Russians shat on for many years - good.

    Believe it or not his administration did quite a bit of right and even brave choices that should have been done many years ago.


    On the other hand, his North Korea policy was a giant waste of time, his COVID-19 response is absolutely terrible and is absolutely something that should cost him reelection. His idiotic Twitter outbursts and controversies? Both unnecessary and foolish. This Taliban deal - not a fan of it for sure. His 100 century deal is a bunch of baloney that has snowball's chance in hell.

    Kurds? I'm on the fence with that one - realistically it was untenable situation, but maybe some better way to handle it could have been offered.


    It's really just that - it's not some black and white crap where you either shit on EVERYTHING or you are THE ENEMY. Get it through your thick skull already.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-28 at 03:47 PM.

  10. #5070
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    *citation needed*
    I already provided it,the poll that said you support Trump.

    Now, do you have a name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Are you saying you are not a Trumpster?

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ampaign-Thread

    Because you seem to be disagreeing with yourself:

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.ph...do=showresults
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-28 at 03:43 PM.

  11. #5071
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I already provided it,the poll that said you support Trump.

    Now, do you have a name?
    We did not have COVID-19 back then, son.

    As I said - that gem alone is why Trump has to go.

    He has clearly fucked that one up to the point it's unforgivable.

  12. #5072
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, because clearly linking my 12k posts history is some sort of citation.

    Derp.
    It's a link to a thread where people vote. You voted in that poll.

    Now,who could Biden nominate, that would cause you to change your support from Trump to him?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    We did not have COVID-19 back then, son.

    As I said - that gem alone is why Trump has to go.

    He has clearly fucked that one up to the point it's unforgivable.
    So,why can you not answer such a simple question?

  13. #5073
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So,why can you not answer such a simple question?
    You asking me? Am I Biden's campaign manager and chief strategist?

    It's up to Biden to propose that to whatever audience he wants to target. I can only say who would be a complete no go for me from the list a guy in this thread offered and I just did. Elisabeth Warren is a complete non-starter there as far as I'm concerned.

    Not a hard thing to figure out, buddy.

  14. #5074
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I already provided it,the poll that said you support Trump.

    Now, do you have a name?
    Why is Political Cosplay such a big thing?

    This kinda needs it's own thread.

    I think the biggest cosplayers are people that grew up in the suburbs or gated communities. Suburb Shame is a real thing.

    One of the biggest tells is how these same people will weaponize their location.

    So fascinating ... how do we make an interesting poll about the topic...
    Government Affiliated Snark

  15. #5075
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You asking me? Am I Biden's campaign manager and chief strategist?

    It's up to Biden to propose that to whatever audience he wants to target. I can only say who would be a complete no go for me from the list a guy in this thread offered and I just did. Elisabeth Warren is a complete non-starter there as far as I'm concerned.

    Not a hard thing to figure out, buddy.
    And therein lies the problem, Trump supporters calling on a moderate to pick a moderate running mate, when a moderate wasn't able to convince them in the first place.

  16. #5076
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And therein lies the problem, Trump supporters calling on a moderate to pick a moderate running mate, when a moderate wasn't able to convince them in the first place.
    2020 != 2016

    You seem to be living in some perpetual stasis there, as if things never change. In case you did not notice - the biggest lesson of 2016 was that things were really decided by that ~10% of voters who did not pledge their vote ahead of time. It's an important thing to remember for upcoming elections - Biden won't win by bunkering up like some moron.

    Current crisis is a golden opportunity for Biden to snipe those disillusioned moderates that voted red in 2016, he needs to double down on that instead of going for those who would vote for him anyway (aside from most extremist Bernie Bros, that are likely not even going to matter).


    Heck I'd be a prime example - a year ago I'd vote Trump (especially with that primaries clown show going on), but his COVID-19 response was so horribad that it would literally be a free vote right here. So many people like me in US ready for the taking, just need a little push in correct direction.

    It's almost shocking you don't understand this simple thing.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-28 at 04:12 PM.

  17. #5077
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    2020 != 2016

    You seem to be living in some perpetual stasis there, as if things never change. In case you did not notice - the biggest lesson of 2016 was that things were really decided by that ~10% of voters who did not pledge their vote ahead of time. It's an important thing to remember for upcoming elections - Biden won't win by bunkering up like some moron.

    Current crisis is a golden opportunity for Biden to snipe those disillusioned moderates that voted red in 2016, he needs to double down on that instead of going for those who would vote for him anyway (aside from most extremist Bernie Bros, that are likely not even going to matter).


    Heck I'd be a prime example - a year ago I'd vote Trump (especially with that primaries clown show going on), but his COVID-19 response was so horribad that it would literally be a free vote right here. So many people like me in US ready for the taking, just need a little push in correct direction.

    It's almost shocking you don't understand this simple thing.
    That thread was created less than two months ago on March 30th. That was well after Trump had botched the Coronaviulrus epidemic.

    So, who would that moderate be who would get that "free vote" from you? We know it's not Biden himself.

    Anyone who can read this see that you have been caught.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-28 at 04:21 PM.

  18. #5078
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That thread was created less than two months ago on March 30th. That was well after Trump had botched the Coronaviulrus epidemic.

    So,who would that moderate be who would get that "free vote" from you?

    Anyone who can read this see that you have been caught.


    Please remind me what year are we now?

    UU HaFF BEeN KKAUgHT LULzz.

    See? You are so coocoo you don't even know in what year you live... I mean... come on man.

    Here's a perfect response for you, right that moment.

    https://youtu.be/Uud4D78Lyuk?t=29
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-28 at 04:26 PM.

  19. #5079
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post


    Please remind me what year are we now?

    UU HaFF BEeN KKAUgHT LULzz.
    Oops, my bad on the year.

    Why is a moderate like Biden not good enough,but some other ransom,nameless moderate running with him going to change your mind?

  20. #5080
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oops, my bad on the year.

    Why is a moderate like Biden not good enough,but some other ransom,nameless moderate running with him going to change your mind?
    That's not a question for me - that's a question to campaign strategist. It's their nut to crack, not my headache, breh.


    I'm here to only express my opinions and wishes, just like your usual usual non overly-attached voter. All I can say is that a specific VP choice is certainly a no-go and that I would prefer a VP that is more in line with my point of view. That's about it. Also preferably not another 80 years old zombie, but someone who does not need 10 cups of espresso and an electroshock discharge to wake up in the morning.

    My point is that he does not need to convince these guys/gals:

    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-05-28 at 04:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •