1. #5081
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's not a question for me - that's a question to campaign strategist. It's their nut to crack, not my headache, breh.


    I'm here to only express my opinions and wishes, just like your usual usual non overly-attached voter. All I can say is that a specific VP choice is certainly a no-go and that I would prefer a VP that is more in line with my point of view. That's about it. Also preferably not another 80 years old zombie, but someone who does not need 10 cups of espresso and an electroshock discharge to wake up in the morning.

    My point is that he does not need to convince these guys/gals:

    My point is that he doesn't need to convincoderates... because he's a moderate. If they are not convinced by one moderate, then there no reason to think that two will change their minds. The Democrats ran two moderates in 2016, and you didn't support them. So much for that "free vote."

    In the end, this is all because you hate Elizabeth Warren. Honestly, that's fine, but you went about it in the most disingenuous way possible.

  2. #5082
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oops, my bad on the year.

    Why is a moderate like Biden not good enough,but some other ransom,nameless moderate running with him going to change your mind?
    Someone got caught BSing again! I see you're still smearing people everywhere! Why are you so concerned about people voting for Joe or not and getting all pissed off when they say they don't? After all, you are not voting for him yourself. All you are achieving is antagonizing people and not helping Joe at all. You need a new tactic other than your Trumpster BS mate. Oh maybe that's your aim. To piss people off to not vote for Joe. Very naughty.

  3. #5083
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    My point is that he doesn't need to convincoderates... because he's a moderate. If they are not convinced by one moderate, then there no reason to think that two will change their minds. The Democrats ran two moderates in 2016, and you didn't support them. So much for that "free vote."

    In the end, this is all because you hate Elizabeth Warren. Honestly, that's fine, but you went about it in the most disingenuous way possible.
    That's not how this works.

    VP's job during the elections is to bring those who otherwise might not be there - Biden can pick a pretty Red-leaning VP and not burn himself with Blue nuts, while still enticing those red-side by giving them representation.

    Ultimately, again, the vote will be decided by those in the middle as usual, that's where one needs to strike. Digging heels in does not work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Someone got caught BSing again! I see you're still smearing people everywhere! Why are you so concerned about people voting for Joe or not and getting all pissed off when they say they don't? After all, you are not voting for him yourself. All you are achieving is antagonizing people and not helping Joe at all. You need a new tactic other than your Trumpster BS mate. Oh maybe that's your aim. To piss people off to not vote for Joe. Very naughty.
    Word.

    Last thing people need to do right now is to antagonize those who are potentially on the fence. You voted Trump back in 2016? YOU ARE THE ENEMY OF HUMANKIND, SCUM!

    Yeah I mean, people would just get the message they are not welcome and open up their shop elsewhere.

  4. #5084
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's not how this works.

    VP's job during the elections is to bring those who otherwise might not be there - Biden can pick a pretty Red-leaning VP and not burn himself with Blue nuts, while still enticing those red-side by giving them representation.

    Ultimately, again, the vote will be decided by those in the middle as usual, that's where one needs to strike. Digging heels in does not work.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Word.

    Last thing people need to do right now is to antagonize those who are potentially on the fence. You voted Trump back in 2016? YOU ARE THE ENEMY OF HUMANKIND, SCUM!

    Yeah I mean, people would just get the message they are not welcome and open up their shop elsewhere.
    His logic is everything is black and white and people's views never change. Trump lost a lot of goodwill and support with his handling of covid.

  5. #5085
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Someone got caught BSing again! I see you're still smearing people everywhere! Why are you so concerned about people voting for Joe or not and getting all pissed off when they say they don't? After all, you are not voting for him yourself. All you are achieving is antagonizing people and not helping Joe at all. You need a new tactic other than your Trumpster BS mate. Oh maybe that's your aim. To piss people off to not vote for Joe. Very naughty.
    It's nice to see you dont need to spam more burner.

    Cheers!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's not how this works.

    VP's job during the elections is to bring those who otherwise might not be there - Biden can pick a pretty Red-leaning VP and not burn himself with Blue nuts, while still enticing those red-side by giving them representation.

    Ultimately, again, the vote will be decided by those in the middle as usual, that's where one needs to strike. Digging heels in does not work.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Word.

    Last thing people need to do right now is to antagonize those who are potentially on the fence. You voted Trump back in 2016? YOU ARE THE ENEMY OF HUMANKIND, SCUM!

    Yeah I mean, people would just get the message they are not welcome and open up their shop elsewhere.
    Once again, who is going to switch sides? Biden is a Democrat, so adding a GOP rumning mate makes no sense. Republicans love their racist in chief.

    It's why I asked you for a name... and you refused to give one. If your "free vote" is available, one would think you'd want a say in the matter.

    Alas, you cannot give a name... which means I have no reason to believe you'd switch from supporting Trump.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-05-28 at 04:53 PM.

  6. #5086
    Well this has certainly turned into a fecal exposition....

  7. #5087
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What a ridiculous strawman, Karen.

    This is the same Endus we're talking about, right? The Endus that believes America's bipartisanism to be a joke of democracy and the result of an all or nothing mindset? "Incrementalism be damned" is a funny thing to say to a, like, actual socialist.

    Also, why are you complaining about a lack of incrementalism and then in the next breath saying that the Democrats are bad because incrementalism? Couldn't possibly be because "Democrats bad" is a foregone conclusion in your mind and your both sides narrative is a nice little bit of fiction to try and disguise that?

    EDIT: Somehow I missed that you'd actually put forward Dave Sirota as an example of good political commentary. How long are we going to have to deal with the fallout of Bernie stan twitter. /sigh
    What is the Karen reference meant to be? It's ringing a bell somewhere in the back of my lil o' brain but nothing is coming back.

  8. #5088
    The Unstoppable Force Gaidax's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    21,072
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What is the Karen reference meant to be? It's ringing a bell somewhere in the back of my lil o' brain but nothing is coming back.
    It's a new fad, cool kids push everywhere. Just like boomer and such.


  9. #5089
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,124
    AFL-CIO, country's largest coalition of labor unions, endorses Joe Biden for president.

    Joe Biden wins AFL-CIO endorsement as organized labor targets working-class voters


    Endorsement machine go brrrr
    Government Affiliated Snark

  10. #5090
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    AFL-CIO, country's largest coalition of labor unions, endorses Joe Biden for president.

    Joe Biden wins AFL-CIO endorsement as organized labor targets working-class voters


    Endorsement machine go brrrr
    Excellent. Another great way to not only keep Biden in the news, but also bring people around who hadn't thought about voting for Biden.

  11. #5091
    Herald of the Titans TigTone's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's a new fad, cool kids push everywhere. Just like boomer and such.

    Not even close, it’s just a word to describe a self absorbed person who thinks the world should do whatever they want and if they don’t get what they want they become aggressive and belittling .

  12. #5092
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Not even close, it’s just a word to describe a self absorbed person who thinks the world should do whatever they want and if they don’t get what they want they become aggressive and belittling .
    Exactly right.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)

    Karen is a pejorative slang term that is used to typify a person perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary. One of the most common Karen stereotypes is that of a white American middle-aged woman who displays aggressive behavior when she is obstructed from getting her way; such women are often depicted as demanding to "speak to the manager".

  13. #5093
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    2020 != 2016

    You seem to be living in some perpetual stasis there, as if things never change. In case you did not notice - the biggest lesson of 2016 was that things were really decided by that ~10% of voters who did not pledge their vote ahead of time. It's an important thing to remember for upcoming elections - Biden won't win by bunkering up like some moron.

    Current crisis is a golden opportunity for Biden to snipe those disillusioned moderates that voted red in 2016, he needs to double down on that instead of going for those who would vote for him anyway (aside from most extremist Bernie Bros, that are likely not even going to matter).


    Heck I'd be a prime example - a year ago I'd vote Trump (especially with that primaries clown show going on), but his COVID-19 response was so horribad that it would literally be a free vote right here. So many people like me in US ready for the taking, just need a little push in correct direction.

    It's almost shocking you don't understand this simple thing.
    It is astonishing that you are only "ready for the taking", as if Biden needs to do something other than not be Trump to earn your vote. Guess what, it's Biden or Trump. If you're willing to vote for Trump unless Biden "steps up" then you're a lost cause.

  14. #5094
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    It is astonishing that you are only "ready for the taking", as if Biden needs to do something other than not be Trump to earn your vote. Guess what, it's Biden or Trump. If you're willing to vote for Trump unless Biden "steps up" then you're a lost cause.
    Well soon as Biden "steps up", they will move the goalposts again.

    The same day in October. The stark contrast in stepping up.


    versus

    Government Affiliated Snark

  15. #5095
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What is the Karen reference meant to be? It's ringing a bell somewhere in the back of my lil o' brain but nothing is coming back.
    This explains it better than I can:

    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  16. #5096
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What do people actually imagine Bernie will do for them?
    Oh, Bernie is a failure. Done deal. We can move off that now. He's old and wouldn't do the many things there were necessary to even have a chance at winning. But then, I feel that way about the Dems also.

    I am not voting for anyone only slightly less terrible than the GOP. And not voting GOP either, never have and never will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    I favor Warren...
    Warren brings nothing they want, and supposedly favors many things they do not even begin to want.

    Sanders and Warren could have teamed up but she pulled some ID politics out of her ass to end that. A Sanders/Warren ticket could have won the candidacy - but that's all old news now. And the more you dig into Warren the more disappointing it gets. She has already moved away from Medicare 4 All, perhaps because she hopes to get that VP nod. They all got the signal:

    The U.S. must continue to stand alone among the modern nations of the world as the one without a national health service. Because reasons...

  17. #5097
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Sanders and Warren could have teamed up
    Sanders could also have stayed out of the race and backed Warren, but that option never even crossed the minds of Bernie Bros for...

    Reasons.

    *sips tea*
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  18. #5098
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Sanders and Warren could have teamed up but she pulled some ID politics out of her ass to end that.
    SLASH FUCKING SIGH

    No, she didn't.

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/13/polit...ing/index.html

    The description of that meeting is based on the accounts of four people: two people Warren spoke with directly soon after the encounter, and two people familiar with the meeting.
    Story didn't come from Warren, and was from events in in December that CNN seems to have either learned about very late, or sat on. Likely right before their debate they were hosting, knowing it would make for good TV. Which it did.

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    A Sanders/Warren ticket could have won the candidacy - but that's all old news now.
    I was firmly on the Warren train, and this is completely ludicrous. To progressive, white candidates would never have won the primary and especially not the general. Like it or not, the Democratic party is still far more in the liberal/centrist corner than the progressive corner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    She has already moved away from Medicare 4 All, perhaps because she hopes will throw her the VP nod
    Likely adjusting her rhetoric to that, but from what I can tell she still supports getting to M4A, she's just shifted to supporting the ACA for the time being as, realistically, M4A in the near future is a completely pipe-dream.

    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...esident-271938

  19. #5099
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Warren brings nothing they want, and supposedly favors many things they do not even begin to want.
    Another nonsensical statement from the hit-and-run apologist. Who is "they"? Where do you get your information? Where are your links to prove it?

    Oh, whoops - here's Biden teaming up with Bernie and Warren to development better policies for the DNC platform.


    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Sanders and Warren could have teamed up but she pulled some ID politics out of her ass to end that. A Sanders/Warren ticket could have won the candidacy - but that's all old news now. And the more you dig into Warren the more disappointing it gets. She has already moved away from Medicare 4 All, perhaps because she hopes to get that VP nod. They all got the signal:

    The U.S. must continue to stand alone among the modern nations of the world as the one without a national health service. Because reasons...
    God...the shallowness of your understanding of politics knows no depths. Because it couldn't be that two top Democratic contenders are working together to find commonality that fits both of their supporter groups, right? Or did you forget that politics is about compromise?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-05-28 at 10:42 PM.

  20. #5100
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Oh, Bernie is a failure. Done deal. We can move off that now. He's old and wouldn't do the many things there were necessary to even have a chance at winning. But then, I feel that way about the Dems also.

    I am not voting for anyone only slightly less terrible than the GOP. And not voting GOP either, never have and never will.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Warren brings nothing they want, and supposedly favors many things they do not even begin to want.

    Sanders and Warren could have teamed up but she pulled some ID politics out of her ass to end that. A Sanders/Warren ticket could have won the candidacy - but that's all old news now. And the more you dig into Warren the more disappointing it gets. She has already moved away from Medicare 4 All, perhaps because she hopes to get that VP nod. They all got the signal:

    The U.S. must continue to stand alone among the modern nations of the world as the one without a national health service. Because reasons...
    So, let's make it about Warren, or AOC (or whomever you plan on voting for). What do you imagine they would do for you as President?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •