1. #6981
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The ACA has already lost it's teeth when it lost the Mandatory mandate. You're free to vote for Biden, I've said a number of times I hope he wins, but I've voted for the lesser of two evils my whole life, and I'm over it. I'm done voting for evil.
    could have easly been adjusted around the mandate if the current administration cared.

    Biden can also add back the mandate very easly with just a few changes to make it just like Medicare.


    i hope you are not in a swing state cause a non vote is worse than voting for the lessor of two morons

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I would take Canada's version in a heart beat. But even with a fully Democratic government we couldn't get that passed. We have a ways to go both socially and structurally before we get there - even if it's frustrating and awful and shitty.

    But does that mean that anything that isn't Canada's or similar is shit? Because the ACA did get 30M+ people onto some kind of insurance, and that's a good thing - perhaps objectively.
    Wouldnt even matter because god forbid if the govt swung the other way again they would just get rid of the canadian version by calling it some evil socialist nazi healthcare plan...
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  2. #6982
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    umm again maybe you should check the cases currently in the court regarding the ACA

    https://www.commonwealthfund.org/blo...care-act-again

    https://www.kff.org/health-reform/is...nging-the-aca/
    Well the latest LGBTQ+ vote went the way a lot of liberals didn't expect. That vote will have a ripple effect even going against existing Trump Executive Orders.

    Also let's not gloss over him replacing RGB with an ultra-conservative. How exactly does he know that'll happen?
    Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media. -Noam Chomsky

  3. #6983
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post

    Also let's not gloss over him replacing RGB with an ultra-conservative. How exactly does he know that'll happen?
    no one knows, but she is very old and has many underlying conditions.
    With absolute control over the senate it would only take a few weeks,.

    if he gets another 4 more years the chances go up even more.

    i don't think he said he knew for sure it would happen, but if anything happens to RGB he won't make the mistake this time with his pick.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  4. #6984
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    28,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    The ACA has already lost it's teeth when it lost the Mandatory mandate. You're free to vote for Biden, I've said a number of times I hope he wins, but I've voted for the lesser of two evils my whole life, and I'm over it. I'm done voting for evil.
    Right...so how is not voting going to get that put back in place? Or even bolster it. If we get enough of a blue wave in November, we could see the Senate flip, and a buffed up ACA would definitely be on the legislative table.

  5. #6985
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well the latest LGBTQ+ vote went the way a lot of liberals didn't expect. That vote will have a ripple effect even going against existing Trump Executive Orders.
    discrmination, especially sexual is a much different monster than health insurance. the two are Apples to Orange Cars comparison.
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

  6. #6986
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    28,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well the latest LGBTQ+ vote went the way a lot of liberals didn't expect. That vote will have a ripple effect even going against existing Trump Executive Orders.

    Also let's not gloss over him replacing RGB with an ultra-conservative. How exactly does he know that'll happen?
    That was exciting - fantastic ruling too, ripples will continue for years/decades.

    Trump would absolutely replace RGB with an ultra-conservative. How do you think that wouldn't happen?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    To me, the poll itself is meaningless. I just find it funny that Fox is publishing polls that make Trump looks bad.
    Ah, lol - indeed, and agreed. Did you see that Dipshit Junior supposedly bought a yuge stake in OANN? Something like $200M - they are going to launch their own network if Trump loses.

  7. #6987
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    no one knows, but she is very old and has many underlying conditions.
    With absolute control over the senate it would only take a few weeks,.

    if he gets another 4 more years the chances go up even more.

    i don't think he said he knew for sure it would happen, but if anything happens to RGB he won't make the mistake this time with his pick.
    It was hypothetical and a string of event that only existed in his head that he felt compelled to share. Like it or not the court did become more liberal when Scalia was replaced with a Gorsuch, but I'd be hard pressed to find someone actually say those words of their own volition. Not that Gorsuch or the Supreme court is "good" because right now they are just another arm of the Corporate Lobby.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That was exciting - fantastic ruling too, ripples will continue for years/decades.

    Trump would absolutely replace RGB with an ultra-conservative. How do you think that wouldn't happen?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Ah, lol - indeed, and agreed. Did you see that Dipshit Junior supposedly bought a yuge stake in OANN? Something like $200M - they are going to launch their own network if Trump loses.
    I question if it'll happen at all, and I could hypothetical say the DEMs would block it after winning the Senate. I mean if we are going on make believe here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    could have easly been adjusted around the mandate if the current administration cared.

    Biden can also add back the mandate very easly with just a few changes to make it just like Medicare.


    i hope you are not in a swing state cause a non vote is worse than voting for the lessor of two morons

    - - - Updated - - -



    Wouldnt even matter because god forbid if the govt swung the other way again they would just get rid of the canadian version by calling it some evil socialist nazi healthcare plan...
    I never said I wasn't voting, and I am in a very safe blue state. Hell every election has been called before my state votes where in.
    Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media. -Noam Chomsky

  8. #6988
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Democrats couldn't even be bothered to get the public option when they had a super majority. Biden said he'd Veto Medicare4all, but you all want me to do cartwheels, and cheer Biden's name? Sorry Biden has a long political history, and it is littered with bad policies.
    The Democrats had a filibuster proof majority for 72 days. Not long enough to do jack shit for legislation that would be hundreds of billions of dollars, if not trillions.

    Franken's win didn't come til the end of June in 2009, and then Scott Brown ended the 60 seat advantage when he took over Ted Kennedy's seat. Less than a calendar year. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was signed into law after the supermajority ended.

    The rest of your post is kind of pointless. The ACA is not perfect, and it's been on the agenda of Dems to make it stronger ever since it was passed. Despite that, it has literally covered 10s of millions of people on insurance who previous did not have it, and ended the practice of denying coverage for ALL Americans for pre-existing conditions. It is overwhelmingly popular among citizens, so much so that constituents overflowed Republican town halls when they suggested they were going to "Repeal and Replace" ACA.

    The ACA lost its Mandatory Mandate when a certain Republican President with an orange face, with a Republican House and Senate, signed a bill removing it from the ACA. That's certainly not the fault of Dems, and that you continue to blame the Dems for the ACA "lacking teeth" is comical at best.

    P.S. The Dems haven't had a majority, let alone a supermajority in both Houses since the midterms of Obama's first term. The House went to the Republicans in 2010.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    It was hypothetical and a string of event that only existed in his head that he felt compelled to share. Like it or not the court did become more liberal when Scalia was replaced with a Gorsuch, but I'd be hard pressed to find someone actually say those words of their own volition. Not that Gorsuch or the Supreme court is "good" because right now they are just another arm of the Corporate Lobby.
    This is A) comical, and B) incorrect. Gorsuch is cut out of the same cloth as Scalia, without 30 years on the Court to make him bitter and angry, that's about it. If you think the term "more liberal" applies to Neil Gorsuch in any way, you're....well, not a very analytical person.

    Plus, Kavanaugh is a rubber stamp for conservatives, and he replaced a true, actual swing vote in Anthony Kennedy.

  9. #6989
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I'm not even worried about 4 more years of Trump, not that I think he'll win. I'm worried about the next Trump that isn't an incompetent moron if Biden wins the election, because it's seems he is going to try and do as little as possible. Much like he has done throughout his campaigning. As little as possible.
    Making it all the more impressive Bernie couldn't best what his supporters like you assured us was the worst candidate ever. For the second time.

    You Actually remind me or that chick from the Hulu documentary about Hillary screaming about how Hillary wouldn't promise to ban fracking as president because Bernie had and he knows best and Hillary had to explain to her that unilaterally banning fracking isn't something the president can even do thus making it an idiotic thing for Hillary to promise to do as president. Then after the Bernie supporter's mind proceeded to crash it rebooted and she began ranting again.

    Given Bidens tendency to gaffe and Bernie supporter's constant raving about how Biden is a senile devil id think if you're smart enough to realize what a moron claiming any left wing values, and for that matter conservative claiming any values at all, that yes Trump is vastly worse you'd be in support of Biden avoiding putting his foot in his mouth. That way he can just let Trump self own himself as he has been doing while you save your cash to lock down votes closer to the election itself.

    But then again I'm not surprised you'd miss that given your blind loyalty to a man who as previously mentioned campaigned so badly he lost to two of the worst candidates ever. One who Obama crushed into the dust with smart campaigning despite Obama being lesser known, Hillary not being sand bagged by trumped up faux scandals peddled by Republicans, and let's be honest here being a black man in America. Bernie had a 200m head start in a 250m race and still lost while Obama had to start an extra 50m further from the finish line and still won. Get over it.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-06-19 at 06:36 AM.

  10. #6990
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Biden is the candidate moderate Republicans can tolerate. The VP candidate is the person we need to get the base riled up and out to vote.

    - - - Updated - - -



    TexasLies is just desperate for attention right now. His Dear Leader is reeling, and there is nothing to point towards as a "pro" for voting Trump (as if there ever was) so all the Trumpkins have left is attack the Dem presumptive nominee.
    Says the guy who calls me out for not responding AFTER the complainers like Breccia get me banned. He got me banned for posting a list of Obama's accomplishments. Like you, he is very intellectually corrupt. I do not need attention, if I did I would post almost 8 times a day for 10 years like you do. On an obscure video game board where most people do not know anyone outside their bubble and pat each other on the back for trolling others and getting them banned. I like how you always personally attack me and name call, because intellectually that is your level. It's like when wells left you felt the need to take his spot. Keep on with the low brow comments, name calling, patronizing...your circle jerk will pat you on the back, just watch what is on their hands.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Democrats had a filibuster proof majority for 72 days. Not long enough to do jack shit for legislation that would be hundreds of billions of dollars, if not trillions.

    Franken's win didn't come til the end of June in 2009, and then Scott Brown ended the 60 seat advantage when he took over Ted Kennedy's seat. Less than a calendar year. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was signed into law after the supermajority ended.

    The rest of your post is kind of pointless. The ACA is not perfect, and it's been on the agenda of Dems to make it stronger ever since it was passed. Despite that, it has literally covered 10s of millions of people on insurance who previous did not have it, and ended the practice of denying coverage for ALL Americans for pre-existing conditions. It is overwhelmingly popular among citizens, so much so that constituents overflowed Republican town halls when they suggested they were going to "Repeal and Replace" ACA.

    The ACA lost its Mandatory Mandate when a certain Republican President with an orange face, with a Republican House and Senate, signed a bill removing it from the ACA. That's certainly not the fault of Dems, and that you continue to blame the Dems for the ACA "lacking teeth" is comical at best.
    They had an opportunity, they were ill prepared. Like Republican friends I have that complain about the ACA. They had 6 years to come up with an alternative and had shit. They wasted their opportunity because they never thought Hilary would lose. The democrats had years of Bush bungling knowing they were going to take the presidency after him and were ill prepared. They had the chance.

    Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2020-06-19 at 01:52 PM.

  11. #6991
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post

    But then again I'm not surprised you'd miss that given your blind loyalty to a man who as previously mentioned campaigned so badly he lost to two of the worst candidates ever. One who Obama crushed into the dust with smart campaigning despite Obama being lesser known, Hillary not being sand bagged by trumped up faux scandals peddled by Republicans, and let's be honest here being a black man in America. Bernie had a 200m head start in a 250m race and still lost while Obama had to start an extra 50m further from the finish line and still won. Get over it.
    The reason Sanders lost, is because you, and frankly most Democrat voters, are cunts.

    You choose a guy who is a plagiarist, a liar, a wall st stooge, a warmonger, a segregationist, a rapist over an essentially decent man. There's no clever spin on that (and you clearly aren't capable of that given your sub-literate ramblings), you just have to be a cunt to make that decision.

    Any normal, intelligent person would have voted for a horse over a candidate as bad as Biden. The whole world is very publicly LAUGHING at the US right now.

    The problem is with YOU. Not the candidates. YOU. The fact there are lots of cunts like you does not change that fact.

    As a non-American on one level I will enjoy watching the decline of the US over the next four years whoever is elected,. most of you come across as really unpleasant people. But I do feel sorry for people who don't elect these fucking corrupt demented retards and have to suffer under them, because, ultimately, of cunts like you.
    Last edited by furslasp; 2020-06-19 at 09:14 AM.

  12. #6992
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    our white racist because he has a D next to his name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    your serial sexual assaulter Biden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    You're free to vote for Biden, I've said a number of times I hope he wins, but I've voted for the lesser of two evils my whole life, and I'm over it. I'm done voting for evil.
    So, no longer waiting to see who his VP pick ends up being before deciding on whether to vote for him or not?

    Genuine question.

  13. #6993
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    They had an opportunity, they were ill prepared. Like Republican friends I have that complain about the ACA. They had 6 years to come up with an alternative and had shit. They wasted their opportunity because they never thought Hilary would lose. The democrats had years of Bush bungling knowing they were going to take the presidency after him and were ill prepared. They had the chance.
    Can you explain the difference between not being prepared and trying to get bipartisan concessions, instead of just executive orders and emergency declaration?

    I’m not sure how one prepares for GOP to interrupt a state of the union, to scream “you lied”. Nor how one prepares for GOP going from praising Clinton economy in 2000, to explicitly stating their goal is to block everything.

    Then... there is the rhetoric GOP was pushing. Unlike today, where Trump and his closest supporters, are ready to sacrifice the elderly and immunity compromised. GOP actually lied, by acting as if end of life consultation being included in healthcare, was death panels. That a plan joining people into groups, to lower insurance prices outside of work, was a socialist government take over.

    I need you to explain how democrats should have anticipated such unprecedented behavior of GOP.
    "Dave did everything he was supposed to do, but you did not. Shame on all of you, and may Karma find you all!"
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  14. #6994
    Legendary! Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Cops Tummy Aches
    Posts
    6,040
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  15. #6995
    I am Murloc! Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    5,330
    Posts like this make me deeply uncomfortable. Lets keep playing like we are behind. I have no interest in losing this thing at the end of the fourth quarter. Points don't matter until the clock runs out.

    I mean great, I would rather be winning then losing... but I am not buying things look as great as people are claiming. I highly doubt Texas is a blue state for another 12 years at least.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

  16. #6996
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Posts like this make me deeply uncomfortable. Lets keep playing like we are behind. I have no interest in losing this thing at the end of the fourth quarter. Points don't matter until the clock runs out.

    I mean great, I would rather be winning then losing... but I am not buying things look as great as people are claiming. I highly doubt Texas is a blue state for another 12 years at least.
    This. Hillary and her base were taking months-long victory laps leading into 2016. I mean, that analysts, especially after 2016, would be making such incredibly bad takes hurts me. Yes, polls can matter. But holy hell I'm getting hardcore flashbacks to how Hillary had it in the bag for sure and was totes gonna flip a bunch of red states that were turning purple and maybe she had a shot in Texas etc.etc.

  17. #6997
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    63,386
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I would take Canada's version in a heart beat. But even with a fully Democratic government we couldn't get that passed. We have a ways to go both socially and structurally before we get there - even if it's frustrating and awful and shitty.

    But does that mean that anything that isn't Canada's or similar is shit? Because the ACA did get 30M+ people onto some kind of insurance, and that's a good thing - perhaps objectively.
    It bears repeating that not even Canada put in Canada's healthcare reform overnight. Tommy Douglas worked to build Medicare at the provincial level, in Saskatchewan, over nearly 20 years, building it up step by step. Its expansion nationally went much quicker, but only because we had that clear working example to build from. And even there, it's continued to develop and adjust for the last 50 years or so.

    Refusing the first steps down a path because they don't skip you right to the end of a path is an argument used by someone who has absolutely no fucking interest in ever reaching that destination.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This. Hillary and her base were taking months-long victory laps leading into 2016. I mean, that analysts, especially after 2016, would be making such incredibly bad takes hurts me. Yes, polls can matter. But holy hell I'm getting hardcore flashbacks to how Hillary had it in the bag for sure and was totes gonna flip a bunch of red states that were turning purple and maybe she had a shot in Texas etc.etc.
    If nothing else, the polls in 2016 demonstrated two things;
    1> If you're not accounting for electoral college shenanigans, you're not providing useful results, and
    2> People will change their minds about voting in a heartbeat if you give them any kind of reason. Which means polls from two weeks before the election are functionally useless in determining the outcome; their only real value is in determining where advertising is failing.

  18. #6998
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Posts like this make me deeply uncomfortable. Lets keep playing like we are behind. I have no interest in losing this thing at the end of the fourth quarter. Points don't matter until the clock runs out.

    I mean great, I would rather be winning then losing... but I am not buying things look as great as people are claiming. I highly doubt Texas is a blue state for another 12 years at least.
    Yeah, if people think it’s a done deal, they will stay home instead of voting.
    "Dave did everything he was supposed to do, but you did not. Shame on all of you, and may Karma find you all!"
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  19. #6999
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, no longer waiting to see who his VP pick ends up being before deciding on whether to vote for him or not?

    Genuine question.
    Nope, I can hold contradictory views unlike many sycophants here that make excuses for Biden when he makes racist comments like " If you don't vote for me you ain't black" or any substantive criticism. The second you do you are worse then a a die hard Trump supporter. Attack anyone who descents and make them feel terrible for even dare to question the Biden Bros.
    Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media. -Noam Chomsky

  20. #7000
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Nope
    This is all I was looking for. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •