Tammy would be a great pick. Until Tucker Carlson attacked her last month, I didn't think she had a chance. But the backlash against Tucker and how she fucking owned him over calling her unpatriotic put her on people's radar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If it wasn’t for social distancing, I’d tell you guys to get a room. /rimshot

They can still get a room, they should just choose a position that limits face to face contact.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I can't believe Warren is being considered at all. I like Warren, but having two septuagenarians on the same ticket is insane. Not to mention she needs to keep that Senate seat. I see no upsides to Warren as VP, as much as I respect her as a legislator.
    I agree completely. She was my pick in the primary and I still really like her--but not as a VP. If she's not President she's very much needed in the Senate. Harris would make a good AG, I think. I don't really want either of them on the ticket.

short list is probably

Kamala Harris
    Susan Rice
    Tammy Duckworth
    Val Demings
    Elizabeth Warren
    Keisha Lance Bottoms
    Karen Bass

Harris is probably favourite but shes a massive baddie cop, who let massive baddies cops act with impunity. The moment might determine that she is fucked off for someone else.

The Biden version of Sanders is actually quite good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...1CU?li=BBnb7Kz

Title: Biden Announces $775 Billion Plan to Help Working Parents and Caregivers

The amount is good, and the set of people being helped is AWESOME.

Excerpts:

The set of people being helped combines help for small children (useful for LOTS of people) as well as for people with disabilities such as autism (fewer people, but the help is crucial).

Joseph R. Biden Jr. announced a sweeping new $775 billion investment in caregiving programs on Tuesday, with a series of proposals covering care for small children, older adults and family members with disabilities. His campaign hopes the plan will land with particular resonance during a pandemic that has severely affected the caregiving needs of millions of American families.
    Child Care centers would get some very much needed help. Hopefully, some of this help would translate into higher pay for the people taking care of the country's children.

For young children, Mr. Biden is proposing to start with a bailout for child care centers, many of which are at risk of closing amid the pandemic because they are financed almost entirely by private payments. Even before lockdowns began, they operated on very small profit margins.

Mr. Biden also proposed national pre-K for all children ages 3 and 4, and his campaign pointed to research that has shown that such programs help women work and shrink racial and socioeconomic achievement gaps.
    America prides itself on its commitment to family values. Biden makes this more of a reality.

The plan would address the dearth of child care by providing financing for the construction of new child care facilities, including at workplaces and in rural areas, and expanding after-school and summer options and care for people who work nontraditional hours.
    American workers all over the country need a raise. Child care workers absolutely should be at the top of the list when it comes to getting higher pay. Biden would help make this happen.

Mr. Biden’s plan also calls for increased pay for child care workers — who are disproportionately women and minorities — along with health benefits, career training and the ability to unionize. On average, preschool teachers in the United States earn less than $30,000 a year, while kindergarten teachers earn over $50,000, according to researchers at the University of California, Berkeley.
    This is absolutely very good news from my standpoint. We need a landslide Biden victory over Trump, and democratic control of the Senate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The Biden version of Sanders is actually quite good.
    He is stepping up the game in policy terms... last week it was Criminal Justice and Immigration reform, now this... It is shaping up to be a political season of policy versus fearmongering BLM/Antifa...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    short list is probably

Kamala Harris
    Susan Rice
    Tammy Duckworth
    Val Demings
    Elizabeth Warren
    Keisha Lance Bottoms
    Karen Bass

Harris is probably favourite but shes a massive baddie cop, who let massive baddies cops act with impunity. The moment might determine that she is fucked off for someone else.
    I keep trying to point out, Warren is not seriously being considered, outside of respect for her position and contribution. Warren cannot give up her seat for the VP slot - if Biden wins, Warren resigns her MA Senate seat. The current Massachusetts Governor is GOP - he will nominate someone to fill her now-vacant spot, and that person will be GOP. If the Senate went blue in the election, her seat loss could flip it back - at the very least weaken it.

- - - Updated - - -

He is stepping up the game in policy terms... last week it was Criminal Justice and Immigration reform, now this... It is shaping up to be a political season of policy versus fearmongering BLM/Antifa...
    Yep - putting out his policy plans. In stark contrast to Trump's clown-show.

Sadly, the American electorate is ignorant enough to fall for it though. Remember, Hillary had plenty of plans but it didn't matter to enough voters.

Democrats are going to have to focus on easy-to-understand messaging and slogans too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Tammy would be a great pick. Until Tucker Carlson attacked her last month, I didn't think she had a chance. But the backlash against Tucker and how she fucking owned him over calling her unpatriotic put her on people's radar.
    I agree, but I'm actually going to withdraw my opinion regarding the VP pick for a simple reason. I don't think it's appropriate for me as a white dude to be commenting on the viability or 'goodness' of candidates for a position that should go to a woman of color; there are other voices that need to be listened to, rather than mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I loved watching you contradict yourself in the very same sentence.
    I'll see you in November. Then you'll be able to tell me more about what you loved for so long.

Yeah, telling people they have a melt down, while scaring people with this antifa, to the point you support unmarked federal government taking people off the street. Look at these scary mothers...

So scary... vote Trump or else they will come to your house! Be afraid, very afraid! Only the warm touch of Trump’s embrace can help. Can I link all of the church fires started in the name of “White Power”, that Trump accidentally shared on his presidential account? Does Dylan Roof count as a Trump supporter? The murderer during the Unite the Right rally?

@Astalnar you should revive that “white nationalist only killed 176 people“ thread, as you try to scare people with antifa. Not only could you defend nazis only killing 176 people, you get to increase the number with the Trump supporter that murdered a judge’s son just yesterday and complain about the evil antifa fires.
    Let's wait for November, and then talk. I don't see a point of continuing this discussion because mods are infracting me just for going against the grain, disagreeing with the honored echochamber that this thread has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why does he keep pardoning war criminals, corrupt rich dudes, film makers that violated campaign finance law, and law enforcement agents that violated peoples Civil Rights, then?

Why is he ordering US citizens be disappeared by federal authorities in Portland?

Why is he, his administration, and multiple agency heads defending against multiple lawsuits alleging wrongdoing, and why are heads like DeVoss continually defying legal court orders?

I mean, for a "Law & Order" guy, he's done little to nothing to actually earn that title. And I'm genuinely not sure what would make anyone think otherwise.

Why do you believe this?
    Look, there's no point debating with you. You're not trying to understand, you just seek validation of your own views. I'd have a more productive time trying to convince a flatearther that the Earth is round.

See you all November 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
    Sadly, the American electorate is ignorant enough to fall for it though. Remember, Hillary had plenty of plans but it didn't matter to enough voters.

Democrats are going to have to focus on easy-to-understand messaging and slogans too.
    I would go so far as to say they need to spend a LOT more time on the easy-to-understand messaging and slogans. But the issues that he has presented does give people a reason to vote FOR Biden, and that makes a difference. And when Trump supporters come out with their What does Biden actually STAND for attacks (as if Trump stands for anything other than enriching his family), well then we'll be able to rattle off his proposals as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I agree, but I'm actually going to withdraw my opinion regarding the VP pick for a simple reason. I don't think it's appropriate for me as a white dude to be commenting on the viability or 'goodness' of candidates for a position that should go to a woman of color; there are other voices that need to be listened to, rather than mine.
    The position shouldn't go to a woman of color just because.

The position should go to a qualified individual able to provide counsel to the President, ideally someone who can act as a foil, forcing the President to examine their own positions more closely. Since Biden is (or at least has been, based on his Senate record) on the conservative end of the Democratic party, the VP should be someone with progressive bona fides. They should have real experience governing, or even just leading people, probably they should be a good standard bearer for Democratic ideals, and able to quickly and effectively assume the duties of the Presidency if needed. They should also be someone who can lead the Democratic party in 4 or 8 years. They should also be someone who can do the most good as Vice President, rather than where they are currently placed.

There are at least half a dozen women of color that check all those boxes, and we would be lucky to have any of them as VP.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-07-22 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The position shouldn't go to a woman of color just because.

The position should go to a qualified individual able to provide counsel to the President, ideally someone who can act as a foil, forcing the President to examine their own positions more closely. Since Biden is (or at least has been, based on his Senate record) on the conservative end of the Democratic party, the VP should be someone with progressive bona fides. They should have real experience governing, or even just leading people, probably they should be a good standard bearer for Democratic ideals, and able to quickly and effectively assume the duties of the Presidency if needed. They should also be someone who can lead the Democratic party in 4 or 8 years. They should also be someone who can do the most good as Vice President, rather than where they are currently placed.

There are at least half a dozen women of color that check all those boxes, and we would be lucky to have any of them as VP.
    Take a good look at the protests in the streets and read the room, dude.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Why would the VP pick somehow matter as to what people in the streets are protesting over?

There was a black president for 8 years. Did he do much about police brutality? If I remember the last great riots over police brutality, happened under Obama...
    Because the protests are about systemic racism and the fact a diverse field of candidates came down to a contest between two old white men MIGHT indicate the need for some sort of signal that the Democratic Party is cognizant of said systemic bias in the form of prioritizing a woman of color.

Nah, you just keep pointing out how consistent I am. What's wrong with not wanting to be friendly with racists? Racism is bad, mmmkay.

Now, you say you're done... but you and I both know that's not really the case. I'm sure you'll end up spamming me with one of your many alt accounts that you like to create. Like these:

Now, there's lot of others, like Communismo and Allybeboba, but all their comments were deleted...

What a shame.
    Anything wrong with the statements you've quoted? You talk about hating racism and yet have no qualms about racist policies being implemented. Then when you get caught, you hide behind the First Amendment. Going by your logic, law and order and social equality means fuck-all as long as people can hide behind the Amendment like scums you always do. You sure love being reminded about your hypocrisy eh Machismo? Communismo and Allybeboa aren't me btw. You prove yet again how dense you are and how you lose the plot whenever your hypocrisy is called out.

Tsk tsk all that righteous talk about ending friendships and disowning your mom and yelling "vote trump out" on the top of your voice everyday and yet:

Biden is a creepy old dude, and represents almost none of the political stances I want. I will not be voting for the guy.
    What a disgusting hypocrite you are. Your poor mom must feel so wronged being lectured by an unfilial son like you.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-07-22 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be absolutely pointless virtue signaling.
    The word you are looking at is tokenism and the question you need to answer... What makes a black woman, less qualified to be a VP? If there is nothing and there is currently a problem with systematic racism. Choosing representation, because the ability is indistinguishable, is actually the rational thing to do.

Will people stop protesting about police reform / police brutality when the VP is a woman of color?
    No... will a black kid look at the VP to see that the systematic ceiling above them, can be broken? Absolutely... It’s why Obama is still a boogie man and why fascists like Trump try to reverse his accomplishments.

If so why did people still start protesting and rioting about police reform / police brutality multiple times under Obama?
    Because Obama invited the guy that was attacked by a cop, when trying to enter his house and said cop, to the White House for a beer. Because when Trayvon Martin got shot, Obama said what no president could before him... he looked like his kid. Because Obama did institute criminal justice reform, that Trump ignored and degraded...

I think the solution rather would be to address proper police reform and police brutality, instead of throwing some token minority into the role of VP and then, as they often do, go all:
    I think racism will be a problem in US, as long as choosing a black woman as VP, is seen as a token...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    I think racism will remain a problem in the US, as long as choosing a black woman as VP, is only done as token symbolism.
    You say she is a token... I say that a black woman is as capable of being a VP as a white man... Which one of us is right? I think based on “not at all”... it’s me...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother, it's like trying to talk to a wall... I'm not sure how to describe it, but there is a certain high level of stubbornness that I observe with people who complain about people not voting Biden, while not voting Biden themselves, which I only recognize in other robot-like people. At some point the argument will devolve into "No I didn't, I said the truth, you are lying"... ad nauseum.
    You still flying to US to vote for Trump?

- - - Updated - - -

I also believe that a black woman is capable of being a VP, as much as a white man.
    Than what makes her a token?

But I also know, going by the track record of politics in the US, that they're likely to just toss her up as a token, and then continue ignoring the actual real issues.
    No, you are calling her a token. Biden is selecting a black woman, because of representation and the fact that there is nothing that makes a white man more capable. You keep calling black women as VP... a token...

Ergo the: "My job here is done"-meme.
    Posting memes is against forum rules...

Edit: “track record” of US having black women as VP... what a load of shit...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-22 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    I'll see you in November. Then you'll be able to tell me more about what you loved for so long.

Let's wait for November, and then talk. I don't see a point of continuing this discussion because mods are infracting me just for going against the grain, disagreeing with the honored echochamber that this thread has become.

Look, there's no point debating with you. You're not trying to understand, you just seek validation of your own views. I'd have a more productive time trying to convince a flatearther that the Earth is round.

See you all November 4th.
    You act as if I don't expect the Trumpsters to once again vote for that racist piece of shit. Your argument boils down to, "Just watch, I can be stupid, twice."

Oh, I believe you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Anything wrong with the statements you've quoted? You talk about hating racism and yet have no qualms about racist policies being implemented. Then when you get caught, you hide behind the First Amendment. Going by your logic, law and order and social equality means fuck-all as long as people can hide behind the Amendment like scums you always do. You sure love being reminded about your hypocrisy eh Machismo? Communismo and Allybeboa aren't me btw. You prove yet again how dense you are and how you lose the plot whenever your hypocrisy is called out.

Tsk tsk all that righteous talk about ending friendships and disowning your mom and yelling "vote trump out" on the top of your voice everyday and yet:

What a disgusting hypocrite you are. Your poor mom must feel so wronged being lectured by an unfilial son like you.
    Ahhh, are you still upset that the First Amendment exists?

Sorry, if you don't like the First Amendment, then perhaps another location would be best for you. I look forward to your next attempt to show me just how consistent I am. I get that you Trumpsters find concepts like liberty, freedom of speech, and freedom of association to be utterly reprehensible... and that's just one of the many reasons why I would never vote for a fascist like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act as if I don't expect the Trumpsters to once again vote for that racist piece of shit. Your argument boils down to, "Just watch, I can be stupid, twice."

Oh, I believe you.
    “Hold my beer”... Oh and thanks for getting this stuck in my head...