Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    How am I wrong about the first one? That's exactly what you did.
    How am I wrong about the second one? It's fairly well-known that his short-list is three candidates and several of those you listed aren't on it or aren't interested. You presented it as if all of them--including Pete--were in consideration.
    Of course I'm right about the last one--as I was with the previous two. Anyone who isn't a forum troll already knows all of this.
    because that's not what i said
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    because that's not what i said
    Yep. It pretty much is. Sorry, Corntrollio, I'm not following you any further down this rabbit hole of "lulz".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. It pretty much is. Sorry, Corntrollio, I'm not following you any further down this rabbit hole of "lulz".
    These posters with their bullshit one-liners are just borderline *****ers. We're going after detailed points that require explanation given our communication medium, and they can't be bothered to explain themselves. I just got into it with Vegas because of his half-wit response - it's just ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I'm certain several of those are also just "you backed me, now here's how we can work together" talks, Warren included. I would be both surprised and, like you, a bit dismayed if she took a Cabinet position given the importance of her Senate seat.
    It will be a nice show of unity.

I will forever be curious as to why Abrams didn't make the final cut for VP - I know there was some good analysis, and the idea of bringing on someone who lost their governorship race, even under bullshit circumstances, makes the most sense. He desire NOT to run for one of the open Senate seats was also a bit baffling, which bolstered my interest in her as the VP pick. But still...maybe Abrams will get a cabinet post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by selwihist View Post
    Oh please any time any one, makes a substantive argument that doesn't go with the pro-Biden party line you people fall apart and start screaming to the moderators. I have rarely met such a group of intellectually vacuous people. As if, any case that an apologist for such a thoroughly disgusting human being could come up with any sensible defense in the first place.

The LAST thing you want is to have people coming out with substantive arguments because they would destroy you with the very obvious truth that you are supporting a candidate and a party that is no less, venal and corrupt than the Republicans, as should be obvious to a 4-year old.
    None of this is substantive and if you ever had a substantive point, it would be invisible in the sea of accounts and posts like this... maybe next account?

You exemplify the points you make... have you considered using this same tact, but as a Biden supporter? I think it would be a more effective tact in your quest to convince Biden is evil. Just sayin...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This may come as a shock to some of you on here, but I actually support Biden's Social Security policies. Even tho personally, the large part of my retirement income, does not come from SS.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/bi...ocial-security

However, I do not think there should be a cap on when a wage earner needs to pay into it. But at least Biden is wanting to raise that cap to over 200k in income.

This could possibly mean more seniors will vote for Biden than they did for Trump in 2016.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-08-11 at 04:28 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This could possibly mean more seniors will vote for Biden than they did in 2016.
    That would be great, I don't know how many people voted for Biden in 2016 but I'm really hoping it will be higher in 2020.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This may come as a shock to some of you on here, but I actually support Biden's Social Security policies. Even tho personally, the large part of my retirement income, does not come from SS.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/bi...ocial-security

However, I do not think there should be a cap on when a wage earner needs to pay into it. But at least Biden is wanting to raise that cap to over 200k in income.

This could possibly mean more seniors will vote for Biden than they did in 2016.
    Given that Trump is functionally promising to kill SS with his payroll tax cut (which ain't even legal), probably.

But then again these are the same boomers who have voted for policies that help themselves and hurt their children's generations for decades, and killing off SS won't happen in their lifetimes so what the hell do they care anyways. They'll be long dead when SS is bankrupt and their children who have paid into it all their lives with the expectation that they'd have it to fall back on will have only what little retirement savings they could scrap together between paying off student loans and struggling to keep up with bills and rent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That would be great, I don't know how many people voted for Biden in 2016 but I'm really hoping it will be higher in 2020.
    Thanks for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

https://apnews.com/759dbacb6460012fa020043113f3f3ad

Of Biden’s vow to choose a woman, Trump said, “Some people would say that men are insulted by that. And some people would say it’s fine.”
    What fuckin snowflakes these "men" would be, then. I wonder why Trump even brings it up? I thought he was a big champion of empowered women? Why bring up aggrieved sexists?

Tentative DNC Speakers list released:

Democratic National Convention tentative lineup includes:

MONDAY: Michelle Obama, Bernie Sanders

TUESDAY: Jill Biden, Bill Clinton, AOC

WEDNESDAY: Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, Barack Obama

THURSDAY: Joe Biden, Tammy Duckworth, Kamala Harris

They've stated the VP address is right before Obama on Wednesday, but obviously not filled in. This could be last minute gamesmanship, but it might rule out Duckworth, Warren, and Harris as VP nods. Kamala right before Joe on Thursday seems.....well, intense, though. Maybe she's gonna make a "law and order, I'm about to be AG and go fucking nuts on these fools" speech.

Man, AOC has a bright future in the Democratic party. Freshman member of Congress who has butted heads with the party establishment and she's speaking at the national party convention on the same day as a former president and the wife of the former VP/current nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, AOC has a bright future in the Democratic party. Freshman member of Congress who has butted heads with the party establishment and she's speaking at the national party convention on the same day as a former president and the wife of the former VP/current nominee.
    I want to state on the record, I don't really like AOC (mainly because of her zealous supporters). I disagree with many of her political stances, and don't think she has a firm grasp on things that seem rater elementary. But, she's damn good at picking fights with the GOP. She's young enough to use social media to her advantage, and understands that most people don't want to see politicians debate. They want one-liners, and witty retorts. She's definitely well-versed in clapping back, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I want to state on the record, I don't really like AOC (mainly because of her zealous supporters). I disagree with many of her political stances, and don't think she has a firm grasp on things that seem rater elementary. But, she's damn good at picking fights with the GOP. She's young enough to use social media to her advantage, and understands that most people don't want to see politicians debate. They want one-liners, and witty retorts. She's definitely well-versed in clapping back, so to speak.
    Have you ever watched her in a committee hearing? She actually has a really good grasp on things. She's just not compromising on certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Have you ever watched her in a committee hearing? She actually has a really good grasp on things. She's just not compromising on certain things.
    My big issue was with her "Green new Deal," which was an abomination, overall. To call it naive, would be an understatement.

I think a lot of people underestimate her intelligence, I definitely don't think she's stupid. I'd say there's a lot of people who still think of her as a "bartender bimbo."

Aoc is backing incumbent Markey over progressive Joe Kennedy. That does make a person wonder.

My big issue was with her "Green new Deal," which was an abomination, overall. To call it naive, would be an understatement.

I think a lot of people underestimate her intelligence, I definitely don't think she's stupid. I'd say there's a lot of people who still think of her as a "bartender bimbo."
    It had a hefty price tag, but it also looked at ways to pay for it.

And she has a law degree from Boston University. Even though I went to law school down the Green Line from her and BU were our rivals, I can admit that that's a pretty good school. Top 25, last I checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    This usually boils down to "but it might require actual effort and motivation to achieve, and I'm way too lazy to make an effort like that".

Same issue that gets used to justify why we, globally, have half-assed responding to climate change. It's not "can't", it's just "won't, because that takes effort and we're lazy".

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This usually boils down to "but it might require actual effort and motivation to achieve, and I'm way too lazy to make an effort like that".

Same issue that gets used to justify why we, globally, have half-assed responding to climate change. It's not "can't", it's just "won't, because that takes effort and we're lazy".
    It's more of a matter of the cost, implementation, and authoritarian nature of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more of a matter of the cost, implementation, and authoritarian nature of it.
    On cost and implementation; that's what I mean by "but mooom, that's haaaard" type whining. It might take effort, so you oppose even trying.

However, you're also mis-using "authoritarian" the same way alt-righter trolls do.

Stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It had a hefty price tag, but it also looked at ways to pay for it.

And she has a law degree from Boston University. Even though I went to law school down the Green Line from her and BU were our rivals, I can admit that that's a pretty good school. Top 25, last I checked.
    I'm not a fan of judging people by the schools they went to. I've seen doctors from prestigious universities line up and show they know very little about their chosen careers. I've seen lawyers from ivy league schools who can barely function as adults. I've seen a President who... well, paid someone for his grades and scores.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    On cost and implementation; that's what I mean by "but mooom, that's haaaard" type whining. It might take effort, so you oppose even trying.

However, you're also mis-using "authoritarian" the same way alt-righter trolls do.

Stop that.
    I don't oppose trying, that's simply you trying to argue for me.

Stop that.