10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    You're really going to play the "both sides" card, and then accuse other people of believing in nothing?
    Dems and the GoP are just 2 different kinds of right-wing politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    What would a Democratic president possibly have done differently though?
    Obama started the pandemic response team and briefed 30 members of Trump’s staff, since we recently had Zeka, Ebola, MERSA, SARS...

Trump defunded the pandemic response team and got rid of all 30 cabinet members that were briefed by Obama’s staff.

There would have been no hoax, no chloroquine, no injection of disinfectant, no it will just disappear, no magic, no alien DNA, no demons spunk...........
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account

Not called the virus a hoax.
    Not ignore his/her security advisors in December/January when they became aware of the situation in China.
    Not throw away the pandemic response playbook.
    Not push a drug that does nothing, even after being proven of its lack of efficacy.
    Not put his shitty waste of human skin son-in-law in charge of the response, who had the bright idea of letting the virus go rampant for some petty political capital, which ended blowing up in their face big time, but resulting in the death of thousands more than there should have been.
    Enforce a nationwide mask policy, instead of railing conspiracies against masks

Do you want me to keep going, or is that good enough? I know Trump supporters aren't too good with facts, so I could provide you more examples if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion republican governors would've just rejected any laws or orders for quarantines, curfews, wear-a-mask orders etc.
    Why? They would have the pandemic response team to actually determine what to do and when to do it. There would be no pressure from the president to do nothing. It wouldn’t have even been Hillary doing the briefings... it would be the pandemic response team.

- - - Updated - - -

Such a nationwide policy wouldn't have done jackshit if it had been refused on a state level.
    Without Trump as president, why wouldn’t they have done shit?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yes, the same-old corporate politicians vs. full-blown, Captain Planet-level supervillains.

I hope you'll forgive me if I don't join you and those like you sitting around atop your soapbox, while the Captain Planet villains cause more people to suffer and die.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The regressives of the USA would've still behaved the same as today, whether they'd be governors on a state level or karens at the supermarket / gym explaining why she will never wear a mask and god bless the USA.
    Bullshit!!!! They would blame democrats for the outbreak and demand they resign... we know this, because Trump and GOP did it with Ebola in 2018...

You even have republican mayors and sheriffs that outright refuse to follow federal laws and policies made by a democratic senate / president at times... and them getting away with it.
    Every other instance of an outbreak in US, proves you wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you'll forgive me if I don't join you and those like you sitting around atop your soapbox, while the Captain Planet villains cause more people to suffer and die.
    Even simpler... Democrats are corporatist, but Trump is literally a corporation. Anyone who refuses to vote in stoping a corporation, because democrats favor corporations, does not have a worth while opinion.

*record skip*
    *record skip*
    *record skip*
    *record skip*
    *record skip*...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    *record skip*
    *record skip*
    *record skip*
    *record skip*
    *record skip*...
    It’s literally this sentiment:

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe they won't, because the end result will be the same.
    How is the end result the same? If you fear corporatist, how exactly attacking them, instead of the corporation in power... have the same result?

Now talk about 160000 dead Americans and all the grandkids they won’t get to see, because you think Kushner results in the same outcome as a god damn pandemic response team. Maybe talk about kids being forced to go to school, during a pandemic?

Edit: Why do you have a problem with corporations gaining more power? I want to know specifics, because this doesn’t make any sense.

Edit 2: Who is encouraging more people to vote and who is putting up barriers?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-12 at 12:02 PM.

I mean, I assume that theoretically he could've announced curfew, wear-a-mask and quarantine laws with punishment of fines or imprisonment if not followed -but- I question whether or not the american people (namely conservatives) would've actually given a damn or not about it. I suspect that in some states the governor would've just had opposed such federal orders / laws either way and the end result wouldn't have been much different.

Or do you see this differently?
    Is this even a serious question?

He could have done what most other countrys leaders in the world did - and lead.

Not politicising masks, clear communication instead of fantasy. The basics. It's just a laundry list of simple achievable things, its not rocket science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Not politicising masks, clear communication instead of fantasy. The basics. It's just a laundry list of simple achievable things, its not rocket science.
    He literally posted “liberate” several times, to encourage open up protests.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I disagree with, is this one here.

Such a nationwide policy wouldn't have done jackshit if it had been refused on a state level.

The regressives of the USA would've still behaved the same as today, whether they'd be governors on a state level or karens at the supermarket / gym explaining why she will never wear a mask and god bless the USA.

You even have republican mayors and sheriffs that outright refuse to follow federal laws and policies made by a democratic senate / president at times... and them getting away with it.
    But how many of those people would have complied without Trump and his cronies egging them on?

Without Congress being filled with sycophants and conspiracy theorists (most of whom ran on a Trump ticket) you have much, much more compliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    But how many of those people would have complied without Trump and his cronies egging them on?

Without Congress being filled with sycophants and conspiracy theorists (most of whom ran on a Trump ticket) you have much, much more compliance.
    Trump literally made it a political issue. Conspiracy theorist are not the ones who legitimized it, it’s the fucktard pushing chloroquine and wondering what injecting disinfectant will do. It’s as if Trump is a real estate mogul, that is directly impacted by mitigation efforts hurting his hotel and golf profits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Tbh I am not sure that's a good argument. Trump voters would still be Karens screaming about their rights to not wear masks, Trump or no Trump.
    COVIDiots are also only part of the problem though. The rest of the problem that has to do with an organized and prompt response on a federal level is 100% on the President.
    Every single other outbreak tells us different. There were conspiracy theories about every single one, but they were never acknowledged or even promoted by authority.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Tulsi is allowed to make mistakes, we all do.
    Lol! Good one Theo.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! Good one Theo.
    Doesn’t this incapsulate Trump supporter response to people discussing Trump’s pandemic response.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure we've had any comparable outbreaks in the US or Europe though. Did you guys have to enforce masks before? We at most had a lot of focusing on washing hands during previous pandemics. Again, not saying he is not at fault, I just think that when serious measures had to be taken (and that was inevitable since they had to be taken in almost every country) those people would have balked and created issues.
    I’m not sure we would need to enforce masks, if leadership was different. There would simply be no one to justify the theories. My family didn’t regurgitate them, until they became Trump supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yes, the same-old corporate politicians vs. full-blown, Captain Planet-level supervillains.

The crimes of the GoP does not whitewash the crimes of the Democrats.

I mean I suppose Lenin was good dude now because the Tsarists where worse, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, attacking dems, white washes GOP. It’s that or your time management skills are atrocious.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, most of the world HAS to enforce masks and they don't have Trump. There is a sizable number of people pushing back all over the world. Again, Trump is the symptom of a malaise of idiocracy on a global scale. The difference is that there would be someone pushing for fines at all levels with a proper President and that a significant number of people who are on the fence between idiocy and science would probably fall on the proper side if there was a united government response. But the idiocy would still be on a global parade.
    You are way underestimating the reach of a US president. I agree that those are symptoms, but Trump is the typhoid marry of the disease.

I'm sure your grandkids will be grateful that you choose the side of the same-old corporate politicians over the full-blown captain planet level supervillains.
    Yes, I am so sure that my hypothetical grandkids would be even more proud to hear how I bravely sat on the sidelines while Hoggish Greedly himself fucked over the country.

Get back to me when the Democrats have a 160,000+ body count on their hands.

And I thought you'd be a huge fan of Lenin? Or is he not the the "right" type of communist, either?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought you'd be a huge fan of Lenin? Or is he not the the "right" type of communist, either?
    He is a “tankie”... or something... I don’t think he wears a kilt...