1. #9001
    Pandaren Monk wunksta's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Hey.

    Kanye West is gonna get 13% of the popular vote.
    That would be an insane amount.

  2. #9002
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This post shows you aren’t paying attention in the least. Or you’re gaslighting. Which one is it?
    Yeah, It wasn't obvious gaslighting before for me, thought it was willful ignorance, but it's just gaslighting period and has been from the start.

  3. #9003
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,570
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I wonder if that's why he hates Biden so much. Because Biden has no problem with comprehension like he and Trump does.
    In all seriousness, it's entirely possible. Trump has no clue about the problems of the United States. It stands to reason his devout followers wouldn't either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Below would be an actual example of gas lighting.
    It's nice you can confirm what we already know, that you have no idea what gaslighting means. Just as a for instance, it's one word.

  4. #9004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Below would be an actual example of gas lighting.
    “The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.”

    I guess Einstein was just a troll.

  5. #9005
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...ity-president/

    Well that's awkward. John Eastman, the author if the latest racist birther conspiracy theory against Harris, vigorously defended Ted Cruz's "natural-born" status during his run for office in 2016. And even cites examples that pretty clearly prove that Harris is indeed a natural born citizen.

    Because, again, it's always been about racism.

  6. #9006
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    There is a textbook definition of Gas Lighting. You either understand it or you obfuscate because you have nothing else to actually add.

    What I just wrote was gas lighting, but it was in reply to a dishonest reply. so meh.
    Gonna capture this for...later. Thanks though - I can say all of us really appreciate this. Truly.

    Glad you understand your sins, perhaps when you're back you can try posting genuinely.

  7. #9007
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    There is a textbook definition of Gas Lighting. You either understand it or you obfuscate because you have nothing else to actually add.

    What I just wrote was gas lighting, but it was in reply to a dishonest reply. so meh.
    To put it in an obvious historical context, Germans who did not oppose the rise of and the action of the Nazi Reich, those Germans were Nazis. These were the people reporting Jewish neighbours and supporting the Reich every day.

    That's supporting the fascism of the Reich. Anything short of opposition of fascism is support for fascism. This shouldn't have to be explained. It's kind of like how anything but criminalization of rape is support of rape.

    None of that is "gaslighting". Which you are continuing to use incorrectly. Pointing out that you are wrong about a thing is just correcting an error, not frickin' gaslighting.


  8. #9008
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/...ity-president/

    Well that's awkward. John Eastman, the author if the latest racist birther conspiracy theory against Harris, vigorously defended Ted Cruz's "natural-born" status during his run for office in 2016. And even cites examples that pretty clearly prove that Harris is indeed a natural born citizen.

    Because, again, it's always been about racism.
    Racist fucks will always be racist fucks. But lol yeah, awkward indeed.

    Given our troubles with education in the United States, I'm not sure how we ever get out from under it.

  9. #9009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    AG have a lot of flexibility and authority. Kamala office wanted her to prosecute Steven Mnuchin. She choose not too.

    https://theintercept.com/2017/01/05/...mnuchins-bank/

    Odd she can enforce a Truancy laws, but actual financial crimes... Get out of jail Free card.

    https://theintercept.com/2017/01/05/...mnuchins-bank/

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh you spoke with all of them. My bad. Please tell me why every single one is voting and what their top concerns. I'm sure you have extensive notes.
    Again, never claimed she was perfect. Just seems like many of you expect absolute purity from any Dem elected official or nominee, while ignoring gross incompetence, treason, and flat out criminal behaviour from the GOP.

  10. #9010
    Aw...hell...
    As long as you vote dammit...

  11. #9011
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I am not sowing any seeds of doubt. I am FUCKING EXPRESSING MYSELF, and all you people who like to paint myself and others as dishonest actors. Fuck that. It's a bullshit tactic, and adds nothing to actual fucking discussion.
    But you are making the mistake of saying your opinions are facts, and they are not. Express yourself all you want, we're delighted at a chance to laugh during these dark times, but do not think for a moment we'll let you get away with making false claims.

    You can express/think that voting for Trump doesn't mean you're voting for fascism in the 2020 election, but you're factually wrong. You can have all the wrong opinions you want, and express them until you're blue in the face, but it doesn't change their factual nature, no matter how much you sit in a corner and wish it to be.

    In this election, voting for Trump is literally voting for fascism. And remember, ignorance isn't a defense, even in your case.

  12. #9012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Saying Americans who voted for Trump are supporting fascism isn't true on it's face. They literally rail against socialism and Nazism on a daily basis. So how can they be so vocally against Nazi, but then also deep down really want to support it?
    .
    Yeah, definately gaslighting.

  13. #9013
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Saying Americans who voted for Trump are supporting fascism isn't true on it's face. They literally rail against socialism and Nazism on a daily basis. So how can they be so vocally against Nazi, but then also deep down really want to support it?

    That's a circle you can't square, because all you people are doing is lying about the position of others much like you yourself, and many other on here continue to do so with zero to back up what your saying other than a dumb ass slogan.

    It's is the definition of what I Vegas had posted, and what you just confirmed. Reality and History does not support your stupid ass claims. Could every German even vote back then ? but hey if they didn't.... They were a NAZI.... Congratulations on taking the most simplistic view of history ignore all context.
    Again - factually wrong. The goal of the people paying attention and looking out for the best interests of the country, is to defeat Donald Trump. If you do anything other than vote for Biden, you're helping Trump win. That's a FACT - literally a mathmatical fact.

    You screaming from the kiddie table that it's not just proves how out of touch you are with modern politics.
    You screaming till you're blue in the face that you don't want that to be true just proves how out of touch with reality you've become.

    If you're willing to hear new information, and be open to being wrong, then you're ready to move forward. Until then, you'll be what you've always been.

  14. #9014
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    24,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Hey.

    Kanye West is gonna get 13% of the popular vote. This will result in Biden losing an electoral vote preventing him from getting 50%.

    Brace yourselves for a feast of tears.
    Umm. No. I agree he would have hurt Biden more if he had got into all of the swing states early enough. As is, not going to make any difference in the election. I mean he got on the registry for the Oklahoma ballot. No one honestly thinks that will hurt Biden. lol! He might get 3 - 5% nationally. But the popular vote nation wide, does not mean much at all.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  15. #9015
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Umm. No. I agree he would have hurt Biden more if he had got into all of the swing states early enough. As is, not going to make any difference in the election. I mean he got on the registry for the Oklahoma ballot. No one honestly thinks that will hurt Biden. lol! He might get 3 - 5% nationally. But the popular vote nation wide, does not mean much at all.
    I find myself in unknown waters agreeing with Ghosty, but it's true, not being on the ballot all but eliminates any threat he might pose. And no one in their right mind thought Biden had a chance in hell to win Oklahoma.

    No write in candidate in modern history has won a single EC vote. And for 2020, that's all that matters.

  16. #9016
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Saying Americans who voted for Trump are supporting fascism isn't true on it's face. They literally rail against socialism and Nazism on a daily basis. So how can they be so vocally against Nazi, but then also deep down really want to support it?
    Know who else railed against socialism, and in fact killed basically all the socialists they knew of?

    The Nazis.

    They were not in any respect socialist. Socialism was really popular in Germany at the time, and they used the label as propaganda, to conceal the fascism and hostility to socialist thinking.

    If you think Nazis were socialist, you're literally parroting Nazi propaganda wholesale.

    As for Nazis specifically, their only issue is with the label. Because it's known to be "bad". They're perfectly content to support pretty much everything the Nazis actually stood for, but will get super angry when you say "but that's Nazism". They won't change, because they still support those things, they're just super angry that you noticed what that means.

    Seriously, pushing Nazi propaganda as if it's fact is fucking ridiculous. It's 2020. Be better and stop believing that shit. We knew it was a lie in the '40s. How are you people still falling for that horseshit?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...re-socialists/
    https://www.britannica.com/story/wer...zis-socialists
    https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/09/...is-socialists/
    https://www.indy100.com/article/were...witter-7900001
    https://www.currentaffairs.org/2020/...sense-to-rest/

    And frankly, it really shouldn't be all that fucking surprising that there are strong Nazi ties to American politics, given that the Nazis patterned a great deal explicitly after the American model of institutional racism. Hitler specifically lauded the USA inMein Kampf, for this reason.

    Stop pushing Nazi propaganda and talking points if you expect to be taken seriously. I shouldn't have to explain basic shit like this.


  17. #9017
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Birtharism is back baby!!! Trump just questioned Kampala’s eligibility...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I find myself in unknown waters agreeing with Ghosty, but it's true, not being on the ballot all but eliminates any threat he might pose. And no one in their right mind thought Biden had a chance in hell to win Oklahoma.

    No write in candidate in modern history has won a single EC vote. And for 2020, that's all that matters.
    No modern write in candidate had GOP support...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  18. #9018
    looks likes trump is going to win
    66% of democrats said they planned to vote by mail
    and hes ordering post office delay/stop mail as much as possible

    theres literally nothing we can do since republicans 100% support it

    the goal is to delay ballots until the election certification deadline and scotus will rule all ballots can longer be counted ( bush v gore ) and he will be declared winner
    make sure you vote in person if you arent at-risk,

  19. #9019
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We knew it was a lie in the '40s. How are you people still falling for that horseshit?
    I know I posted this tons of times, but the material got an update in 2008...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Fascism
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  20. #9020
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,866
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    make sure you vote in person if you arent at-risk,
    how about "no"
    /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •