1. #941
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,386
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You can reason with her and work things out. Life is too short to be angry.
    I don't know Machismo's family situation and neither do you. Assertions like this are entirely without merit. You shouldn't tolerate toxic and abusive people in your life just because they are family.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  2. #942
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Then why are you here?
    This explains it in a fun way:

    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  3. #943
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, she's a shitty racist who spams fake news. I see no reason to hang out with racists and liars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I don't know Machismo's family situation and neither do you. Assertions like this are entirely without merit. You shouldn't tolerate toxic and abusive people in your life just because they are family.
    lol it's not an issue at all. If a person in your family is racist then you simply explain to them how it's not possible for to two different people of two different races to be unequal. People generally aren't evil they are just ignorant, think in terms of Hanlon's razor.

  4. #944
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I don't know Machismo's family situation and neither do you. Assertions like this are entirely without merit. You shouldn't tolerate toxic and abusive people in your life just because they are family.
    I've simply grown too old to think that holding onto family, just because they are family, is the best path to take. Just as married couples are free to "divorce," so are families. Sure, some people have a very strong familial bond, but me... not so much. I used to, but time has shown that to be a wasted effort. I live across the country, and I gain nothing from the continued relationship. It's not like we still see each other at the local store. She's simply one of the many, many people who have passed in and out of my life. I see no reason to lament that one person any more than the hundreds and hundreds of people I met in the military, or knew from high school, whom I shall never see again.

    As for being angry, I'm really not. I was angry before I stopped speaking with her, because I thought I could change her, and stop her from radicalizing. At this point, she's a lost cause, and not worth the anger. I simply use her as a reference, because most people would do everything they could to maintain that relationship. Alas, I have no more fucks to give, the well hath run dry.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    lol it's not an issue at all. If a person in your family is racist then you simply explain to them how it's not possible for to two different people of two different races to be unequal. People generally aren't evil they are just ignorant, think in terms of Hanlon's razor.
    And willful ignorance isn't something that can be "taught" out of someone, that's the point. Trying to reason with someone who is willfully ignorant (or racist) is a futile effort.

  5. #945
    hmf...when daddy began getting violent because sis married a black man, and was on her 2nd child, we knew it was time to throw him out.
    It's ironic. He was born in Puerto Rico, and my godfather was about as black as a man could get, (Taino blood...native/tribal)
    But "African-American?" That crossed a line somehow.

    We now return to our regularly scheduled topic.

  6. #946
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Throtlasp View Post
    I've never really understood how the right-wing combines opposition to homosexuality with lurid metaphors based on homosexual rape.
    This song explains that...

    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  7. #947
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    9,929
    For uhhh people that claim to be "undecided" ...

    One of the candidates is consistently trying to block and impede efforts to mitigate the Covid-19 crisis. Same candidate is also selling Snake OilTM.

    BIG NEWS -NYT
    The doctor who led the federal agency involved in developing a coronavirus vaccine said he was removed from his post after pressing for a rigorous vetting of a coronavirus treatment embraced by Donald Trump
    .
    Government Affiliated Snark

  8. #948
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Bolded part is fake news and you fell for it. And what makes you think that the 2014 situation is even remotely the same as now?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh goodie a leftwinger accusing me of being a sheep. This will completely change the way im going to vote. Better lube your ass for november lad because we are going to go hard and deep.
    Note you didn’t actually defend trump blaming China. You admit he’s irrational then. Glad we got that sorted.
    Here’s where I’d put in that npc meme with the Npc wearing a maga hat saying “maga” like a robot, but you’re clearly delusional (and closeted, not that it matters) so I’ll just replace you on ignore.

  9. #949
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,386
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    lol it's not an issue at all. If a person in your family is racist then you simply explain to them how it's not possible for to two different people of two different races to be unequal. People generally aren't evil they are just ignorant, think in terms of Hanlon's razor.
    Thank you for doubling down. My original statement still stands. You are making a ton of assumptions about someone's personal situation. Maybe just stop before you fall off your high horse?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I've simply grown too old to think that holding onto family, just because they are family, is the best path to take.
    As someone who has an incredibly complicated and not terribly healthy family situation I sympathize. And why I'm doing a little white knighting because I also get tired of being told if i just keep trying to make them understand they'll magically wake up and not be awful. A few decades is more than enough data to know my choices are to walk away or just tolerate the toxic behavior and abuse.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  10. #950
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Thank you for doubling down. My original statement still stands. You are making a ton of assumptions about someone's personal situation. Maybe just stop before you fall off your high horse?

    - - - Updated - - -

    As someone who has an incredibly complicated and not terribly healthy family situation I sympathize. And why I'm doing a little white knighting because I also get tired of being told if i just keep trying to make them understand they'll magically wake up and not be awful. A few decades is more than enough data to know my choices are to walk away or just tolerate the toxic behavior and abuse.
    I did try... spent about three years trying. At first, I was polite, but I watched her radicalization continue. It got to the point where we were both hostile to each other, and I was simply trying to prevent her from brainwashing others who were more impressionable... like my nieces and nephews.

  11. #951
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    newest voting bloc
    This is exactly where I think you're right. However...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    claiming an existing political ideology is being subverted by existing ideologues.. like.. you see the absurdity of that, right? Nah. Pishycaca.
    as I sort of explained in another post (after the one you quoted), part of Democrats calling themselves "Progressive" in the late 80's and 90's wasn't so much ideological as political.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

  12. #952
    Merely a Setback PACOX's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    26,180
    At least 19 CV19 cases were linked to the Wisconsin primary. I saw at least 19 because we only have the ability to track those who are tested, and test are mostly reserved for those with immediate symptoms.

    Such needs isn't good for voter turnout in November if we don't beat this thing or nationally adopt alternatives to in person voting.

    The Democrats rely on voter turnout to be up. The GOP has a solid base that will vote no matter what

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  13. #953
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the thing... attack ads have not gone full swing, as they would have. By November, Trump demanding Obama be fired for 2 Ebola deaths in US, will be playing over corona death numbers. I don’t think Trump supporters realize how many attack ads, will be Trump, telling them that anyone reacting like he did, should be in jail. Because he has...
    It's a sign of what a shitty person I am that I'm pretty excited to see this play out.

  14. #954
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Bold assertion when there is zero evidence to support it an a metric ton to show your dear leader is in deep trouble. Even a pandemic couldn't save his approval numbers.
    Mate plz. Your presidential candidate is a senile. Your base is still broken. You are losing the Latino support https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...o-vote/604882/. Trump got a shit ton of votes and money during the primaries even without a challenger and the fly over states hate your guts. And you better hope that the Burisma scandal doesn't rear its ugly head again. At this point im pretty confident that the democrats get thrown out of the house as well and into the sewers where they belong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Note you didn’t actually defend trump blaming China. You admit he’s irrational then. Glad we got that sorted.
    Here’s where I’d put in that npc meme with the Npc wearing a maga hat saying “maga” like a robot, but you’re clearly delusional (and closeted, not that it matters) so I’ll just replace you on ignore.
    Well this proves again the left can't meme for shit and its prove you are utterly bereft of originality to steal our memes. Beyond that i dont have to defend him because i support his actions. And if you want me not supporting it then you need to convince me. And calling me a sheep or a npc will not convince me. What i will do is LMAO. The democrats become politically relevant by the day even more so after November. So do you think i care about insults from irrelevant people ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/01/26/schume...lth-emergency/



    Insert Trump saying "Wrong" gif here.
    Oh really

    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/de...-hoax-comment/

    Insert Trump saying "Wrong" gif here.

  15. #955
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Mate plz. Your presidential candidate is a senile. Your base is still broken. You are losing the Latino support https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...o-vote/604882/. Trump got a shit ton of votes and money during the primaries even without a challenger and the fly over states hate your guts. And you better hope that the Burisma scandal doesn't rear its ugly head again. At this point im pretty confident that the democrats get thrown out of the house as well and into the sewers where they belong.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well this proves again the left can't meme for shit and its prove you are utterly bereft of originality to steal our memes. Beyond that i dont have to defend him because i support his actions. And if you want me not supporting it then you need to convince me. And calling me a sheep or a npc will not convince me. What i will do is LMAO. The democrats become politically relevant by the day even more so after November. So do you think i care about insults from irrelevant people ?
    You know what happened since that January 14th article? 45,000 people died because of Trump's fuckup.

    And the Burisma shit? You know why it is a nothingburger? Republicans dropped that investigation REALLY FUCKING QUICKLY.

  16. #956
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Mate plz. Your presidential candidate is a senile
    Yours literally can't remember what he did last month.

  17. #957
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Oh really

    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/de...-hoax-comment/

    Insert Trump saying "Wrong" gif here.
    How about I insert the conclusion of your link:

    So the overwhelming bulk of the ad is on target. But the beginning is deceptive.
    According to your own link, the attack ad he wasn’t even talking about, is overwhelmingly on target.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  18. #958
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You know what happened since that January 14th article? 45,000 people died because of Trump's fuckup.

    And the Burisma shit? You know why it is a nothingburger? Republicans dropped that investigation REALLY FUCKING QUICKLY.

    Perhaps Burisma is a nothing burger. But we will see that in September. But let's talk about the democratic fuckups.

    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...atown/2240247/

    This is Peloski who is strutting around like an idiot in a Chinatown even when it became apparent that covid was the real deal. Its also no surprise that the democratic shitholes are hit hardest. But this is Darwin at his finest according to some democrats.

  19. #959
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Perhaps Burisma is a nothing burger. But we will see that in September. But let's talk about the democratic fuckups.

    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...atown/2240247/

    This is Peloski who is strutting around like an idiot in a Chinatown even when it became apparent that covid was the real deal. Its also no surprise that the democratic shitholes are hit hardest. But this is Darwin at his finest according to some democrats.
    But, I thought you said it was all fake news.

  20. #960
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Mate plz. Your presidential candidate is a senile.
    Trump can’t remember the 6 rallies he had last month and February. He can’t remember dismantling pandemic relief. In fact, in his written testimony to Muller, how many things didn’t Trump remember? Biden wasn’t nearly as forgetful... do you think Trump remembers spending tax dollars on a drug, shown to increase corona mortality rate? I think he forgot that two... the country won’t...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •