1. #11021
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election, and whenever we see Biden/Democrats fucking up, we get mad at them that they're fucking up such an important election. Is it possible for you to sympathize with that position at all?
    You are terrified he's gonna lose, and your plan is to not only just not vote but also shit on him in the process. Bold strategy.

  2. #11022
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1300551964036665344


    years for years i say dammmmmmmit!!!


    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1300551964036665344

    and people are worried about biden's mental capacity and gaffs.

    how embarrassing
    We've had 4 years to already know that Trump is awful in every way and every thing he says is a lie. It's not news, I don't even need to watch his bullshit press conferences to know this. If I'm not constantly talking about how much I hate Trump, am I not allowed to worry about Biden and Democrats losing the election by fucking it up?

  3. #11023
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    We've had 4 years to already know that Trump is awful in every way and every thing he says is a lie. It's not news, I don't even need to watch his bullshit press conferences to know this. If I'm not constantly talking about how much I hate Trump, am I not allowed to worry about Biden and Democrats losing the election by fucking it up?
    man you really are trying hard aren't you. Not really fooling anyone though.

    If one flub is all you can find problem with in a long speech or rally, and have major issues with it then you are being dishonest and you are a bad faith poster or are outright trolling and lying to get reactions out of people.

    Biden exceeded every expectation and put to rest what the right has been saying for months.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  4. #11024
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election, and whenever we see Biden/Democrats fucking up, we get mad at them that they're fucking up such an important election. Is it possible for you to sympathize with that position at all?
    I mean sure. I've largely been supportive of his, "Stay quiet and let Trump do his campaigning for him" strategy, because it's been effective.

    But then you see progressives like Archangle complaining that doing a google search for Biden's positions is too hard and he needs to get out there and message them, which I've seen quite often in progressive circles online, so there's a bit of a contradiction within the online progressive groups.

    If you're just on the, "Shut up and let Trump do your work for you, Biden." train then cool, we're basically in the same boat. My comments were, again, aimed more generally rather than at you specifically.

  5. #11025
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean sure. I've largely been supportive of his, "Stay quiet and let Trump do his campaigning for him" strategy, because it's been effective.

    But then you see progressives like Archangle complaining that doing a google search for Biden's positions is too hard and he needs to get out there and message them, which I've seen quite often in progressive circles online, so there's a bit of a contradiction within the online progressive groups.

    If you're just on the, "Shut up and let Trump do your work for you, Biden." train then cool, we're basically in the same boat. My comments were, again, aimed more generally rather than at you specifically.
    If you need to Google Biden's positions because he's not doing a good enough job of putting them out there, then I agree that is a problem. People vote FOR things, and if they're not sure what they're voting for with Biden, then I think that's bad messaging on his campaign's part. Imagine seeing an ad and you had no idea what they were even advertising for and you had to Google them to find out, lots of people won't even bother to Google it and just ignore it, probably.

    Is that kind of criticism not allowed? Are people not allowed to point that out? I don't really understand how criticizing Biden's campaign because I'm worried he will lose is bad. Do I need to get on my knees and lick his boots while criticizing him for people? Will that help? No I'm definitely a secret Trump supporter, you got me guys. I love being told that I'm a secret Trump supporter and that I can't have an opinion on politics and I'm privileged because I'm not voting for Biden while I'm out in the streets getting my skull bashed in by the police arm and arm with my PoC comrades who are getting slaughtered by the police and white supremacists.

    https://twitter.com/wagatwe/status/1300116819798183938

    I said this a while ago and I'll say it again: white liberals hate antifa because they're an example of white folks who actually work on the ground to defend Black lives. Antifa has shown me that my personal standards for white allies was far too low.

    Mutual aid, community defense, marching, protesting, engaging local politicians... There is so much work out there to defend Black lives. And antifa showed me that white folks can do good work without making themselves the center of attention or for profit

    It's a lot easier to moralize for RTs and clicks and benefit from your thinly-veiled antiblackness than to actually, tangibly help the Black people in your lives. Use your privilege for good.

    It's a lot easier to say "go home and just vote!" when you are so far removed from the reality of racist and fascist violence tearing communities apart and dont have to worry about voter suppression.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-08-31 at 10:30 PM.

  6. #11026
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Is that kind of criticism not allowed? Are people not allowed to point that out? I don't really understand how criticizing Biden's campaign because I'm worried he will lose is bad. Do I need to get on my knees and lick his boots while criticizing him for people? Will that help?
    Well your criticism is bullshit, and your exaggerated alternative is bullshit, are we allowed to point that out?
    /s

  7. #11027
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    If you need to Google Biden's positions because he's not doing a good enough job of putting them out there, then I agree that is a problem. People vote FOR things, and if they're not sure what they're voting for with Biden, then I think that's bad messaging on his campaign's part. Imagine seeing an ad and you had no idea what they were even advertising for and you had to Google them to find out, lots of people won't even bother to Google it and just ignore it, probably.

    Is that kind of criticism not allowed? Are people not allowed to point that out? I don't really understand how criticizing Biden's campaign because I'm worried he will lose is bad. Do I need to get on my knees and lick his boots while criticizing him for people? Will that help? No I'm definitely a secret Trump supporter, you got me guys. I love being told that I'm a secret Trump supporter and that I can't have an opinion on politics and I'm privileged because I'm not voting for Biden while I'm out in the streets getting my skull bashed in by the police arm and arm with my PoC comrades who are getting slaughtered by the police and white supremacists.

    https://twitter.com/wagatwe/status/1300116819798183938
    Progressive circles don't generally vote, by the way. At least not in the quantities they say they do.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  8. #11028
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    If you need to Google Biden's positions because he's not doing a good enough job of putting them out there, then I agree that is a problem.
    I mean, they're out there. But they're not always going to be all in your face whenever you wonder about them, so a basic internet search for his campaign site or the dozens of news sites that have compiled his positions together is damned easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    People vote FOR things, and if they're not sure what they're voting for with Biden, then I think that's bad messaging on his campaign's part. Imagine seeing an ad and you had no idea what they were even advertising for and you had to Google them to find out, lots of people won't even bother to Google it and just ignore it, probably.
    I mean, ads are usually more emotional appeals than logical ones. You aren't going to get political ads that are just 30s-1m summaries of their positions, those would be fuckin awful ads and they wouldn't work.

    If you're not paying any attention and aren't seeking out information, that's on you (the royal you). If you're keeping up, his positions have been pretty extensively discussed, from his earlier primary positions to the leftward shift following the Sanders camp joining with his to hammer out policy etc. And if you haven't been or you (again, the royal you) need a refresher on a specific position or topic, there are dozens of sites that have you covered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Is that kind of criticism not allowed? Are people not allowed to point that out?
    I never said it wouldn't be? I mean, we can complain that the normal policy talk during campaigns has largely been decimated by a greater focus on the coronavirus, on the recent killings and protests and violence, on the latest outrageous thing Trump has done etc. etc.

    That's absolutely a huge wrench thrown into normal campaigning that can't be accounted for. It's also amusing (and again, this isn't attack on you) to see folks complaining about Biden's struggles to get his myriad policy positions and views out there in the news cycle while Trump can't even answer, when given no fewer than 4 opportunities, even the most broad question about what he'd like to accomplish in his next 4 years. Because he doesn't even need policy positions, which is greatly to his benefit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I don't really understand how criticizing Biden's campaign because I'm worried he will lose is bad. Do I need to get on my knees and lick his boots while criticizing him for people? Will that help?
    No, because the "woe is me" schtick doesn't help anyone but you. I haven't attacked you, I haven't called you a Trump supporter, I'm disagreeing with some of your posts driven in part by an inability to easily see sarcasm in a text-based medium.

  9. #11029
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Well your criticism is bullshit, and your exaggerated alternative is bullshit, are we allowed to point that out?
    Go for it. If I wanted your approval I'd stop being a leftist and go back to being a liberal. I can't go back after getting gassed and beat by the cops for 60 nights, they've radicalized us. I don't give a shit if people want to think I'm a secret Trump supporter. It means nothing to me when out in the streets when the real Trump supporting Proud Boys in my community are threatening to kill people of color and have been for decades. Protecting my life and others' lives right now because the police refuse to is infinitely more important to me right now than anything you can try to shame or guilt me to "just vote". "Just vote" isn't gonna protect me from their bullets.

  10. #11030
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Go for it. If I wanted your approval I'd stop being a leftist and go back to being a liberal. I don't give a shit if people want to think I'm a secret Trump supporter. It means nothing to me when out in the streets when the real Trump supporting Proud Boys in my community are threatening to kill people of color and have been for decades. Protecting my life and others' lives right now because the police refuse to is infinitely more important to me right now than anything you can try to shame or guilt me to "just vote". "Just vote" isn't gonna protect me from their bullets.
    I don't care who you are and I never presumed to know.
    /s

  11. #11031
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Go for it. If I wanted your approval I'd stop being a leftist and go back to being a liberal. I can't go back after getting gassed and beat by the cops for 60 nights, they've radicalized us. I don't give a shit if people want to think I'm a secret Trump supporter. It means nothing to me when out in the streets when the real Trump supporting Proud Boys in my community are threatening to kill people of color and have been for decades. Protecting my life and others' lives right now because the police refuse to is infinitely more important to me right now than anything you can try to shame or guilt me to "just vote". "Just vote" isn't gonna protect me from their bullets.
    Awfully defensive for someone who doesn't give a shit if people want to think your a secret Trump supporter.

    This feels awfully familiar to another poster that frequents this thread.

  12. #11032
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Clearly not as scared of him losing as you claim then.

    And blatantly not getting your skull bashed in if you're sat here posting on a niche gaming forum....

    Good grief.
    I don't know if you know this but a Nazi recently got shot and I'm a pussy bitch that's now afraid to go out, I admit it. I don't wanna die when they retaliate, I am afraid to die like any normal person would be. And they are already planning to retaliate, here you go:



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Awfully defensive for someone who doesn't give a shit if people want to think your a secret Trump supporter.
    Maybe it's all the gas and beatings making me scared and defensive, who knows. It's pretty fucking traumatizing my guy.

  13. #11033
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Love getting my head bashed in by Trump supporting cops on a nightly basis only to come home to liberals calling me a Trump supporter feels great man
    You're the one pushing the Trump attack lines. Not sure why you would mimic a Trumpkin campaign stump and then not get called a Trump supporter.

    Remember, we can't judge you by what you claim to have done, as in the above "head bashed in" - we can only judge you here by what we see you post. And you're posting Trump Campaign Attack points, when you do that "keep him in the basement" shit about Biden.

    Now, if you don't understand how that connection is made, and you did it inadvertently, then say so (and could you also point out all the times you've pointed out Trump's gaffes?). Otherwise, we only have what you give us.

  14. #11034
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Man, it's almost as if Trump sucks at leading a unified republic, and saying "this will be America under Biden" is kinda stupid when it already is America under Trump. Shocking.
    I mean he can't force mayors to accept help if they refuse it.

  15. #11035
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean he can't force mayors to accept help if they refuse it.
    Because he's not offering help, but a can of gasoline. Case in point: Portland, which saw an explosion of violence and a massive increase in the volume of protesters following the feds being sent in.

    I don't know how many times this needs to be said.

  16. #11036
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    We've had 4 years to already know that Trump is awful in every way and every thing he says is a lie. It's not news, I don't even need to watch his bullshit press conferences to know this. If I'm not constantly talking about how much I hate Trump, am I not allowed to worry about Biden and Democrats losing the election by fucking it up?
    You have a long history of posts here, can you point to even one post, from say over a year ago, where you're criticizing Trump?

  17. #11037
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ID
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I don't know if you know this but a Nazi recently got shot and I'm a pussy bitch that's now afraid to go out, I admit it. I don't wanna die when they retaliate, I am afraid to die like any normal person would be. And they are already planning to retaliate, here you go:



    - - - Updated - - -



    Maybe it's all the gas and beatings making me scared and defensive, who knows. It's pretty fucking traumatizing my guy.
    You're involved in the Portland protests and are complaining about Biden sabotaging his chances, lol. The Portland protests are a massive distraction from BLM largely by white voices and faces and are fueling the Republicans' climb in more recent polls. Stay home if you're actually worried about this election.

  18. #11038
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You have a long history of posts here, can you point to even one post, from say over a year ago, where you're criticizing Trump?
    If the thread wasn't closed I could post where they claim they live in California instead of Portland. that was about 5 months ago, can check their post history a few pages back.

  19. #11039
    So, Biden was out doing an obvious campaign optics thing and "delivering pizzas". Some MAGA dude was standing on top of his truck heckling Biden as he exited his car. Biden jokingly responds "Don't jump!", poking fun at the fact that the MAGA dude is semi-dangerously high up shouting nonsense...so of course what the right is trying to focus on is Biden "mocking suicide".

    *cue 2-hour long clip of Trump mocking or disparaging people with physical or mental conditions beyond their control*

  20. #11040
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    You're involved in the Portland protests and are complaining about Biden sabotaging his chances, lol. The Portland protests are a massive distraction from BLM largely by white voices and faces and are fueling the Republicans' climb in more recent polls. Stay home if you're actually worried about this election.
    If the protests were causing Republicans to climb in the polls then they would have been climbing when they started 3 months ago after George Floyd died. Blaming the protesters for why Biden might lose is siding with Trump and fascism, and they will turn around and tell you that people like me need to be thrown in a camp and you'll agree because you think we're responsible for Biden losing the election. Are you gonna do that?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •