1. #11041
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because he's not offering help, but a can of gasoline. Case in point: Portland, which saw an explosion of violence and a massive increase in the volume of protesters following the feds being sent in.

    I don't know how many times this needs to be said.
    It is better then the alternative. The riots have lost all justification. They had one when a suspected murder shot himself in the head rather then face justice.

    There are times when peace is a principle that can only be achieved through the use of force. That time is now.

  2. #11042
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    24,112
    The polls are getting closer.....https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html

    According to the RCP average, Biden's lead on Trump has dropped to 6.2 and Trump's overall approval rating has increased to 44.2, matching what it was back in late May of this year.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  3. #11043
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    If you need to Google Biden's positions because he's not doing a good enough job of putting them out there, then I agree that is a problem.
    Are we seriously back to the "my best criticism of Biden is that Google is hard" argument? Christ and Allah.

    Is this the new thing being thrown around on red rose Twitter? The dementia claims didn't materialise so we have to pretend that Google is hard?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The polls are getting closer.....https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6247.html

    According to the RCP average, Biden's lead on Trump has dropped to 6.2 and Trump's overall approval rating has increased to 44.2, matching what it was back in late May of this year.
    This was already discussed, sweetheart: RCP includes biased polls like Rasmussen and weights for Trump. Not a valid indicator.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    It is better then the alternative. The riots have lost all justification. They had one when a suspected murder shot himself in the head rather then face justice.
    Still waiting on you to prove that it has been ninety days of rioting.

    Because what you're actually proving here, in fact, is that right wing people are living in a media bubble that is trying to paint BLM as a violent insurgent movement and encouraging reprisal by white supremacist paramilitary groups. In short: posts like yours are part of the reason the situations keep escalating. In circulating the false idea that BLM is violent, you are encouraging "good guys with guns" to take the law into their own hands.

    So thanks for that, European posters who do not have to live with any of the consequences of the policies they support.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    So, Biden was out doing an obvious campaign optics thing and "delivering pizzas". Some MAGA dude was standing on top of his truck heckling Biden as he exited his car. Biden jokingly responds "Don't jump!", poking fun at the fact that the MAGA dude is semi-dangerously high up shouting nonsense...so of course what the right is trying to focus on is Biden "mocking suicide".

    *cue 2-hour long clip of Trump mocking or disparaging people with physical or mental conditions beyond their control*
    This kinda rings hollow after they dismissed queer teens killing themselves over bullying. They don't give a shit and are just looking for things to be outraged at. Hence "google is hard".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  4. #11044
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Are we seriously back to the "my best criticism of Biden is that Google is hard" argument? Christ and Allah.

    Is this the new thing being thrown around on red rose Twitter? The dementia claims didn't materialise so we have to pretend that Google is hard?

    - - - Updated - - -



    This was already discussed, sweetheart: RCP includes biased polls like Rasmussen and weights for Trump. Not a valid indicator.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Still waiting on you to prove that it has been ninety days of rioting.

    Because what you're actually proving here, in fact, is that right wing people are living in a media bubble that is trying to paint BLM as a violent insurgent movement and encouraging reprisal by white supremacist paramilitary groups. In short: posts like yours are part of the reason the situations keep escalating. In circulating the false idea that BLM is violent, you are encouraging "good guys with guns" to take the law into their own hands.

    So thanks for that, European posters who do not have to live with any of the consequences of the policies they support.
    I mean... I don't watch traditional media and I'm not from your country I watch live streams from said rioters...

    You can't really accept that without type casting me in a you vs me epic struggle you Americans are so found of can you?

  5. #11045
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

    According to the RCP average, Biden's lead on Trump has dropped to 6.2 and Trump's overall approval rating has increased to 44.2, matching what it was back in late May of this year.
    You do understand, dogshit-for-brains, that 6.2 still means a landslide win for Biden? Oh wait I forgot, you think that your retarded cheerleading for Trump will somehow help him win.

    I'll throw you a bone here though since I'm feeling charitable, you revolting little imperialist running dog: I think Trump should win. I mean he's a vile little smarmy senile piece of misogynistic crap that represents the worst in humanity. But while Trump is there, no one can be any in doubt what a total bunch of cunts Americans are, because that's the dribbling idiot they put in charge of the country.

    Don't get me wrong: 4 years of Trump will completely destroy what's left of your country. It will be horrible. You will probably not survive it. But at least you won't be bullshitting everybody about freedom and democracy in your stupid fucking asinine accents while your military rapes and murders its way around the fucking planet. It will be clear to everybody what you are: greedy, atavistic, selfish, cruel sociopaths. Be true unto thyselves and vote for Trump. It is what you always were and always will be, a gigantic cyst on the arse of humanity.

  6. #11046
    Am I hearing things right? Did Biden just say "the covid has taken 100 years of lives" lol? And why is he only condemning the riots only now? What a phony!

  7. #11047
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckerTonight View Post
    Am I hearing things right? Did Biden just say "the covid has taken 100 years of lives" lol? And why is he only condemning the riots only now? What a phony!
    He’s been condemning the riots for quite a while now, burner. Now why won’t Trump condemn violence by his supporters?

  8. #11048
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    He’s been condemning the riots for quite a while now, burner.
    He was actually vice-president when BLM started up in earnest. He's at least as much of a part of the problem as Trump is. Not the cunts like you give a fuck as long as you can replace Trump with your own senile rapist crone.

  9. #11049
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    He’s been condemning the riots for quite a while now, burner. Now why won’t Trump condemn violence by his supporters?
    Since when? Since recently when he realizes Trump is starting to catch up in the polls? He sure was silent as heck at the start! Even coined the riots as peaceful protests at times. Lol Trump had been condemning the protesting as riots right from the start and the mayors' inability/ to contain the violence. And i sure as heck remember a lot of people here terming them as "peaceful protests" lmao. I guess the terming changes in accordance to poll figures for some folks here lmao. You lot are funny as heck.

  10. #11050
    The Insane draynay's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,809
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If the thread wasn't closed I could post where they claim they live in California instead of Portland. that was about 5 months ago, can check their post history a few pages back.
    You can still direct link them

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52158749
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52154436

    Which means you can quote them with a little effort

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I fully accept his loss, did I say I didn't? I'm not voting for Trump, I'm leaving the Democratic Party and not voting. If you wanna vote shame me and tell me my one vote in solid blue California is throwing the election to Trump, go on right ahead, I had 4 years of that after 2016 when I held my nose and voted for Clinton anyway. And I won't complain if Trump wins, you can bet on that. If you think it's a good idea to put forth a candidate with dementia and expect people to vote for him to beat Donald Trump because you're gonna assume Trump is a weak candidate just like people did in 2016, that's on the Democratic Party, not me when I choose not to vote for such stupidity. You can't expect people to just keep "falling in line" and voting for the lesser of two evils over and over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I voted in the primary, I'm unregistering as a Democrat and not voting in the general. Explain to me how my one non vote in solid blue California will single-handedly cost Joe Biden the election, while moderates have spent the past few days telling us that young voters don't show up to vote and are winning Biden the primary, and you don't need our votes in the general to win.

    You're making absolutely no sense at all, and this guilting and shaming over a hypothetical loss in a general election that hasn't even started yet is 100% why I'm leaving the party. I had enough of it in 2016 after I even voted for Hillary Clinton, but moderates still blamed me for her loss anyway.
    /s

  11. #11051
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckerTonight View Post
    Since when? Since recently when he realizes Trump is starting to catch up in the polls? He sure was silent as heck at the start! Even coined the riots as peaceful protests at times. Lol Trump had been condemning the protesting as riots right from the start and the mayors' inability/ to contain the violence. And i sure as heck remember a lot of people here terming them as "peaceful protests" lmao. I guess the terming changes in accordance to poll figures for some folks here lmao. You lot are funny as heck.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...emns-violence/


    Not why won’t trump condemn violence by his supporters? So you realize what’s going to happen now that paintballs are considered peaceful?

    Go troll elsewhere troll.

  12. #11052
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckerTonight View Post
    Since when? Since recently when he realizes Trump is starting to catch up in the polls? He sure was silent as heck at the start! Even coined the riots as peaceful protests at times. Lol Trump had been condemning the protesting as riots right from the start and the mayors' inability/ to contain the violence. And i sure as heck remember a lot of people here terming them as "peaceful protests" lmao. I guess the terming changes in accordance to poll figures for some folks here lmao. You lot are funny as heck.
    ya the riots he escualted by sending his goon squads to kidnap people or use tear gas on so he can get a photo op

  13. #11053
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Couldn't they have voted in the 2016 election in California and moved since then?
    I voted in the 2016 election in Portland, moved to California, and then moved back. And my one non vote in solid blue Oregon still won't cost Biden the election.

    Also I used to be anti-Bernie, here's even a post right here I made that I completely disagree with now:

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...0#post51108480

    I ended up voting for Bernie in the primary.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-09-01 at 12:06 AM.

  14. #11054
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    We including Emerson in that list of bad polling or just the ones you personally don't like because reason?

    https://emersonpolling.reportablenew...ty-conventions
    We're including all singular polls because aggregates are significantly more reliable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I voted in the 2016 election in Portland, moved to California, and then moved back. And my one non vote in solid blue Oregon still won't cost Biden the election.
    Nope, but all the agitprop you and others are spreading without checking its origin might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  15. #11055
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    We're including all singular polls because aggregates are significantly more reliable.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nope, but all the agitprop you and others are spreading without checking its origin might.
    I wish I had as much power as you claim I do, maybe my "agitprop" would have won Bernie the primary then.

  16. #11056
    Biden coming out with yet another great speech. I didn't expect him to be so aggressive, but this is fantastic. Let's keep this going into the debates please.

  17. #11057
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I wish I had as much power as you claim I do, maybe my "agitprop" would have won Bernie the primary then.
    Hint: The Comeygate agitprop was part of what cost Hillary the election.

    Also:

    > "Biden will lose if he does not consider my pet issue because I am representative of the general electorate."
    > "What I say doesn't matter because I am not representative of the people that will be deciding this election."

    Pick one. You don't get to have both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  18. #11058
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Hint: The Comeygate agitprop was part of what cost Hillary the election.

    Also:

    > "Biden will lose if he does not consider my pet issue because I am representative of the general electorate."
    > "What I say doesn't matter because I am not representative of the people that will be deciding this election."

    Pick one. You don't get to have both.
    I'm just tired of seeing people die in the richest country on Earth because they're too poor too afford health insurance. Is that such a crime to you? I'm fucking tired of this shit, it's unacceptable, and I cannot accept "just wait for progress and watch people die" any longer. We've been waiting for universal healthcare in the US for over 100 years now. How much longer do you expect people to wait?

    If you want to argue with me about how we as a society just have to accept 68,000 people needlessly dying every year in this country for the crime of being too poor to afford healthcare, then it's not much of a fucking debate because I'm just gonna give you a big fucking NO.

  19. #11059
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I'm just tired of seeing people die in the richest country on Earth because they're too poor too afford health insurance. Is that such a crime to you? I'm fucking tired of this shit, it's unacceptable, and I cannot accept "just wait for progress and watch people die" any longer. We've been waiting for universal healthcare in the US for over 100 years now. How much longer do you expect people to wait?

    If you want to argue with me about how we as a society just have to accept 68,000 people needlessly dying every year in this country for the crime of being too poor to afford healthcare, then it's not much of a fucking debate because I'm just gonna give you a big fucking NO.
    And I'm tired of y'all taking out your frustration on your supposed "allies" because you can't see the difference between a milquetoast neoliberal and an actual fascist.

    Again: big talk about delayed justice when by and far the most deserving group of justice did not, in fact, vote for Bernie - and then because of aforementioned frustration, said voters got called ignorant dupes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  20. #11060
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You can still direct link them

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52158749
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52154436

    Which means you can quote them with a little effort
    Ahh just figureing this out, that'll come in handy I'm sure. Thank you very much!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •