1. #12001
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    snip
    I just deleted the whole post, I think he read but if not, meh.

  2. #12002
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post



    Isn’t that really splitting hairs? The different is the extent of the democrat conspiracy to get Trump.




    The owner of 8Chan is Q... he was doxxed a few weeks ago and his YouTube matches... It’s QAnon without mentioning it and yoga...
    nah its important to distinguish general maga from Q, maga is a pathway for sure.

    Jim watkins? nahhh

    you talkin bout this https://www.logically.ai/articles/qa...rom-new-jersey

  3. #12003
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    nah its important to distinguish general maga from Q, maga is a pathway for sure.

    Jim watkins? nahhh

    you talkin bout this https://www.logically.ai/articles/qa...rom-new-jersey
    Yep, Jim Watkins:



    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I just deleted the whole post, I think he read but if not, meh.
    You can tell him in another post, it’s a lot worse to keep his info out, when he said he intends to delete it.

    Edit: I’m not clicking that link... reason listed in signature... nothing personal.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-10 at 10:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  4. #12004
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It already is everywhere, that ass clown and Candace Owens are their 2024 super ticket.
    And the ads against Candace Owens write themselves. Considering her defense of Hitler.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I called the idea of Trump-Russia Collusion a hoax, which was exactly what Russiagate was about, and there has been zero evidence that such a thing happened.
    Except Manafort giving internal polling to Konstantin Kilimnik, which was shown in the Mueller report and the Republican led Senate Intel report. Oh, and Michael Flynn telling the Russians to not sanction us back after we sanctioned them for the election interference. And that he would try to get the sanctions dropped after they were sworn in, which is illegal.

  5. #12005
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    22,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    What I quoted is from the very same article. So the only one not facing facts is you.
    So if what you are quoting says it doesn't determine either way. Why do you get to claim it was 100% a hoax?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  6. #12006
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

    Again, how this is even a close election is beyond me.
    The Republican line has been "9/11 is a New York problem" for years now. It's an American problem when we need to bomb some third world sandpit, but it's a New York problem when it's about helping the victims.

  7. #12007
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    The first game of the NFL season is going to piss of an orange goon... every third ad is showing peaceful protestors and demand unity.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  8. #12008
    I think Trump's own campaign is trolling him now...

    "Fortunate Son" was the song they chose to play as he deplaned in Michigan. For those of you young'uns who might not know the song, it's a song written by a Vietnam vet, John Fogerty, about how rich people sent the poor off to die in pointless wars while their rich sons got deferments.

  9. #12009
    Over 9000! Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    9,928
    Unwinnable troll voters just are not worth the effort. Biden gets it

    “There’s more of a likelihood to organize voters in the Indian American community and mobilize unreliable voters who might not have turned out at the polls. There’s more excitement about the ticket because Kamala is there. I hear this across the board.”




    Energized by Kamala Harris, South Asian voters may head to the polls in larger numbers
    Neil Makhija, executive director of the Indian American Impact Fund, the leading Indian American advocacy organization, said this milestone can be celebrated by immigrant communities of all backgrounds, particularly after four years of “anti-immigrant rhetoric” from the Trump administration.

    “Kamala’s story is the American story,” Makhija said. “Her acceptance of the vice presidential nomination is a quantum leap forward for Indian Americans, showing that we are taking our place in American history books.”


    Tulsi bros be extra salty
    Government Affiliated Snark

  10. #12010
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I think Trump's own campaign is trolling him now...

    "Fortunate Son" was the song they chose to play as he deplaned in Michigan. For those of you young'uns who might not know the song, it's a song written by a Vietnam vet, John Fogerty, about how rich people sent the poor off to die in pointless wars while their rich sons got deferments.
    They know people don’t care...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Trump supporters, this is a man:

    A Lineman’s Choice: To Defend a Super Bowl, or to Fight a Pandemic
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/09/la...on-daily-cover

    Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, the Chiefs’ guard with a doctorate in medicine, details his agonizing choice to opt out of the 2020 NFL season to continue battling on the COVID-19 front lines and study public health.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  11. #12011
    So the republican senate relief bill got shot down, which included +$300 a week for unemployment through the end of the year among other things. It was a smaller bill than the others, nothing near what democrats want, but at least it was something for the 25 million or so unemployed.

    Nancy's take: "Don't be misled by thinking: 'Oh, well, a little bit is better than nothing.' No, it isn't," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told MSNBC. "It's a missed opportunity to do what is right for the American people."

    She's, like, literally wrong here. It's literally SOMETHING. This really pisses me off. If I didn't have a comfortable amount of savings, I would be LIVID instead of pissed.

    In the democrats quest to not give republicans any win of any kind at all costs before the election, they are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot with this shit. I will never ever ever vote for Trump, but there are plenty of people out there who could get swayed by things that directly affect them like this.

    This is a bad strategy politics wise, AND policy wise.

  12. #12012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    So the republican senate relief bill got shot down, which included +$300 a week for unemployment through the end of the year among other things. It was a smaller bill than the others, nothing near what democrats want, but at least it was something for the 25 million or so unemployed.

    Nancy's take: "Don't be misled by thinking: 'Oh, well, a little bit is better than nothing.' No, it isn't," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told MSNBC. "It's a missed opportunity to do what is right for the American people."

    She's, like, literally wrong here. It's literally SOMETHING. This really pisses me off. If I didn't have a comfortable amount of savings, I would be LIVID instead of pissed.

    In the democrats quest to not give republicans any win of any kind at all costs before the election, they are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot with this shit. I will never ever ever vote for Trump, but there are plenty of people out there who could get swayed by things that directly affect them like this.

    This is a bad strategy politics wise, AND policy wise.
    No, this was a painful pill that needed to be swallowed, even understanding that folks are hurting and it's a fucking pathetic crock of shit that Republicans have forced this issue.

    This ain't on Democrats "not wanting to give Republicans a win", this was about a pathetically inadequate bill rushed together well after it was needed.

    Democrats had their bill in the House ready months ago. It was far more ambitious and called for around $3T in assistance, including the $600 weekly unemployment and another round of stimulus. Republicans twiddled their thumbs until well after the unemployment benefits expired, and let the White House "negotiate" while McConnell did nothing.

    Democrats offered to reduce the funding asks down to $2T. Republicans still said no while offering little to no realistic alternative.

    What you're seeing now is the Republicans playing out their long game with weaponizing American suffering. They're interested in one thing: legal protections for employers so their employees can't sue the shit out of them if they operate dangerously and get their staff infected. That's what this is about, the stalling and woefully inadequate bill are simply the trojan horse to force that issue through, which has been on the top of McConnell's list since the start.

    You're falling for really bad Republican propaganda. Don't do that.

  13. #12013
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, this was a painful pill that needed to be swallowed, even understanding that folks are hurting and it's a fucking pathetic crock of shit that Republicans have forced this issue.

    This ain't on Democrats "not wanting to give Republicans a win", this was about a pathetically inadequate bill rushed together well after it was needed.

    Democrats had their bill in the House ready months ago. It was far more ambitious and called for around $3T in assistance, including the $600 weekly unemployment and another round of stimulus. Republicans twiddled their thumbs until well after the unemployment benefits expired, and let the White House "negotiate" while McConnell did nothing.

    Democrats offered to reduce the funding asks down to $2T. Republicans still said no while offering little to no realistic alternative.

    What you're seeing now is the Republicans playing out their long game with weaponizing American suffering. They're interested in one thing: legal protections for employers so their employees can't sue the shit out of them if they operate dangerously and get their staff infected. That's what this is about, the stalling and woefully inadequate bill are simply the trojan horse to force that issue through, which has been on the top of McConnell's list since the start.

    You're falling for really bad Republican propaganda. Don't do that.
    I'm well aware of why we're here. To be clear, i'm not blaming democrats for us being in this predicament. We're here because republicans are being cheap stupid fucks. It doesn't change the reality. 25 million people with their livelihood in limbo because of politics.

    I don't understand what democrats think they can do? They don't have the votes. There is no strategy here.

    I think unemployment funding is an easy trade for their damn "protections for employers". Do you not think so?

  14. #12014
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    So the republican senate relief bill got shot down, which included +$300 a week for unemployment through the end of the year among other things. It was a smaller bill than the others, nothing near what democrats want, but at least it was something for the 25 million or so unemployed.

    Nancy's take: "Don't be misled by thinking: 'Oh, well, a little bit is better than nothing.' No, it isn't," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told MSNBC. "It's a missed opportunity to do what is right for the American people."

    She's, like, literally wrong here. It's literally SOMETHING. This really pisses me off. If I didn't have a comfortable amount of savings, I would be LIVID instead of pissed.

    In the democrats quest to not give republicans any win of any kind at all costs before the election, they are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot with this shit. I will never ever ever vote for Trump, but there are plenty of people out there who could get swayed by things that directly affect them like this.

    This is a bad strategy politics wise, AND policy wise.
    If they got the 300 dollars passed and liability protection for corporations you could kiss everything else goodbye untill another party took over the senate.

    You have this half ass backwards.

    Democrats already passed a 600 dollar bill that republicans refused to even debate. That was 3 months ago. Which included 1200 per person and a lot of other benefits for individuals.

    So who denied 'something' over and over again??

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I'm well aware of why we're here. To be clear, i'm not blaming democrats for us being in this predicament. We're here because republicans are being cheap stupid fucks. It doesn't change the reality. 25 million people with their livelihood in limbo because of politics.

    I don't understand what democrats think they can do? They don't have the votes. There is no strategy here.

    I think unemployment funding is an easy trade for their damn "protections for employers". Do you not think so?
    So wait republicans don't have the votes either....but you expect democrats to cave on a plan that helps 75% less?


    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I think unemployment funding is an easy trade for their damn "protections for employers". Do you not think so?
    300 dollars a week will only take a couple dozen decades to pay off the hospital bills because your employer packs you into a meat processing plant with no protections because...well now they can with zero liability. that is if you live.
    Last edited by Zan15; 2020-09-11 at 04:26 AM.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  15. #12015
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I don't understand what democrats think they can do? They don't have the votes. There is no strategy here.
    Neither do Republicans in the House, hence the stalemate. The Democrats have conceded trillions in funding but have reached their limit, Republicans have largely just stood in place and made no effort at attempting to reach a compromise.

    I ain't saying Democrats aren't playing politics here, as you say both sides are. But at least the Democrats politics is actually trying to provide meaningful help for now just unemployed folks like yourself, but others who may be employed but struggling badly, and small businesses still hurting, and cities/states desperate to find funding to cover costs after they've pillaged as much as they could from their own budgets.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I think unemployment funding is an easy trade for their damn "protections for employers". Do you not think so?
    For $300 a week? Fuck no I don't, for a huge host of reasons including the fact that such protections will likely lead to a lot of employers reducing safety precautions and putting millions more at risk of getting the virus. Which becomes way, way, way worse.

  16. #12016
    I really need to disengage from politics for a while. My mental health is really taking a beating from this "Damned if we do damned if we don't" we're fucked shit, just constantly.

    But i'm too depressed/anxious to keep myself busy through the day without browsing the internet and inevitably seeing it somewhere.

    Sigh.

  17. #12017
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I think unemployment funding is an easy trade for their damn "protections for employers". Do you not think so?
    Absolutely fucking not.

    We are in the situation we are in precisely because employee protections have been whittled away to the point they cannot legally or financially afford to socially distance, take sick leave, or even acquire health insurance.

    Again; you're falling for Republican propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  18. #12018
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I really need to disengage from politics for a while. My mental health is really taking a beating from this "Damned if we do damned if we don't" we're fucked shit, just constantly.

    But i'm too depressed/anxious to keep myself busy through the day without browsing the internet and inevitably seeing it somewhere.

    Sigh.
    I'm in a similar boat. I feel my overall anxiety will drop significantly if trump loses, I just want this election to be over.

  19. #12019
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Absolutely fucking not.

    We are in the situation we are in precisely because employee protections have been whittled away to the point they cannot legally or financially afford to socially distance, take sick leave, or even acquire health insurance.

    Again; you're falling for Republican propaganda.
    No, i'm not. I'm simply pointing out reality. Just because I dont agree with ONE strategy of the dems doesn't make me some trump dupe.

    Fuck off.

  20. #12020
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I think unemployment funding is an easy trade for their damn "protections for employers". Do you not think so?
    Yeah, no.

    Their "protections for employers" amounts to a license to kill.

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •