1. #12361
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Biden stays quiet

    Progressives: WHY WON'T BIDEN GO OUT THERE AND FIGHT!? WHY IS HE HIDING IN THE BASEMENT!?

    Biden goes out and fumbles over words

    Progressives: JESUS CHRIST BIDEN GO BACK TO YOUR BASEMENT, THIS IS PROOF THAT HE IS COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT EVEN THOUGH HE ALSO GAVE A LENGTHY SPEECH A FEW WEEKS BACK WITHOUT SIMILAR PROBLEMS!

    Man, this is why I'm glad I don't hang out on political/progressive Twitter.
    What's really amazing, is that people like @Flower Milk are vicitims of the Trump/Fox"News" false attacks on Biden. Everyone on earth makes gaffes - EVERYONE - but all anyone does with Biden is wait for the next one, and they push it out to the world, thinking somehow that helps.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please god just keep him in the basement

    https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1300527947586174976
    Why are you supporting Trump?

  2. #12362
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh please god just keep him in the basement

    https://twitter.com/besf0rt/status/1300527947586174976
    Cherry picking a moment like that in an otherwise good speech is just pathetically sad.

    Anything to complain about someone you were never going to vote for anyway....

  3. #12363
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What's really amazing, is that people like @Flower Milk are vicitims of the Trump/Fox"News" false attacks on Biden. Everyone on earth makes gaffes - EVERYONE - but all anyone does with Biden is wait for the next one, and they push it out to the world, thinking somehow that helps.
    I mean, he stumbles over his words more than I'd like a POTUS to, his stutter seems to be back a bit in his older age. But like hell do I think it's remotely disqualifying, both considering the fact that the alternative is a guy who makes gaffes infinitely more often, and often with actual consequences, and the fact that I don't think anyone is voting for Biden on his ability to give a speech.

    There's this weird notion that "non-progressives" fucking love everything about Biden, which is weird since there are vanishingly few people here who would say that Biden has always been their first choice in the primary. He's the compromise choice for almost all of us, and we can learn to live with and accept that. Doesn't mean he can't be criticized, but there's a difference between disagreeing with his policies or him telling a weird story about kids touching his blonde legs when he was a life guard, and "OOOHHHHH HE STUMBLED OVER HIS WORDS HIS CANDIDACY IS OVER!" nonsense.

    Biden's what we got. He's far from perfect. He's plenty flawed. He's not exciting for most of us. But I don't have to worry about him surrounding himself with unqualified sycophants and hiring college students who haven't even graduated for mid-senior level government positions. I won't have to wake up in the morning and check me phone to wonder, "What dumb thing has he tweeted out overnight/which official is in trouble for corruption now?" And to me, while I'd love to see us get on the progressive rail line sooner rather than later, I'll take departing the unhinged right rail line for a less exciting center line to get us closer towards that progressive line. Because the alternative is sticking on the unhinged right line and risking the switches being destroyed so that there isn't a chance to ever go to the progressive line.

  4. #12364
    Legendary! unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    6,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, he stumbles over his words more than I'd like a POTUS to, his stutter seems to be back a bit in his older age. But like hell do I think it's remotely disqualifying, both considering the fact that the alternative is a guy who makes gaffes infinitely more often, and often with actual consequences, and the fact that I don't think anyone is voting for Biden on his ability to give a speech.

    There's this weird notion that "non-progressives" fucking love everything about Biden, which is weird since there are vanishingly few people here who would say that Biden has always been their first choice in the primary. He's the compromise choice for almost all of us, and we can learn to live with and accept that. Doesn't mean he can't be criticized, but there's a difference between disagreeing with his policies or him telling a weird story about kids touching his blonde legs when he was a life guard, and "OOOHHHHH HE STUMBLED OVER HIS WORDS HIS CANDIDACY IS OVER!" nonsense.

    Biden's what we got. He's far from perfect. He's plenty flawed. He's not exciting for most of us. But I don't have to worry about him surrounding himself with unqualified sycophants and hiring college students who haven't even graduated for mid-senior level government positions. I won't have to wake up in the morning and check me phone to wonder, "What dumb thing has he tweeted out overnight/which official is in trouble for corruption now?" And to me, while I'd love to see us get on the progressive rail line sooner rather than later, I'll take departing the unhinged right rail line for a less exciting center line to get us closer towards that progressive line. Because the alternative is sticking on the unhinged right line and risking the switches being destroyed so that there isn't a chance to ever go to the progressive line.
    It's the same projection Trump supporters suffer from.

    They deify their leaders, and expect the other guys do too.
    Wall of LOLs

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not opposed to incest

  5. #12365
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Trump is the final defender of the American way of life
    It's funny you say that cuz I have lived in America for almost all my life, born and raised here, and it wasn't until Trump where I felt that way of life I've always known under attack.

    Hmmm

  6. #12366
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Biden stays quiet

    Progressives: WHY WON'T BIDEN GO OUT THERE AND FIGHT!? WHY IS HE HIDING IN THE BASEMENT!?

    Biden goes out and fumbles over words

    Progressives: JESUS CHRIST BIDEN GO BACK TO YOUR BASEMENT, THIS IS PROOF THAT HE IS COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT EVEN THOUGH HE ALSO GAVE A LENGTHY SPEECH A FEW WEEKS BACK WITHOUT SIMILAR PROBLEMS!

    Man, this is why I'm glad I don't hang out on political/progressive Twitter.
    I was joking but go off sis

  7. #12367
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    I was joking but go off sis
    Hard to tell when the folks you link to appear to be very serious in the position you expressed here.

  8. #12368
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why are you supporting Trump?
    Love getting my head bashed in by Trump supporting cops on a nightly basis only to come home to liberals calling me a Trump supporter feels great man

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hard to tell when the folks you link to appear to be very serious in the position you expressed here.
    The very serious position that being afraid of gaffes like this will lose Biden the election? I mean yes I do feel that way, hence my "ahhhhhhhhh", but also I was joking when I said keep him in the basement.

  9. #12369
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    The very serious position that being afraid of gaffes like this will lose Biden the election? I mean yes I do feel that way, hence my "ahhhhhhhhh", but also I was joking when I said keep him in the basement.
    advocate for biden if you want, but please stop lying that he's even remotely competent to be the f*cking president
    Like this from the dude you linked.

    Like your post telling him to stay in the basement, even if it was a joke like this as it's painfully similar to the rhetoric the Trump camp uses. Which I assume is unintentional, but also not terribly productive as a criticism.

    Which also follow calls from progressives to tell Biden to "get out there". My aim isn't to "Attack" you or your post, I'm just tired of the progressive "argument" where everything Biden does is wrong no matter what.

  10. #12370
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Cherry picking a moment like that in an otherwise good speech is just pathetically sad.

    Anything to complain about someone you were never going to vote for anyway....
    meanwhile they ignore what trump has done so far during his press conference as far as being incompetent and bumbling....just today so far....
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  11. #12371
    Frankly I'm just tired of "I/He was joking" being the constant explanation for saying stupid shit.

  12. #12372
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Like this from the dude you linked.

    Like your post telling him to stay in the basement, even if it was a joke like this as it's painfully similar to the rhetoric the Trump camp uses. Which I assume is unintentional, but also not terribly productive as a criticism.

    Which also follow calls from progressives to tell Biden to "get out there". My aim isn't to "Attack" you or your post, I'm just tired of the progressive "argument" where everything Biden does is wrong no matter what.
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election, and whenever we see Biden/Democrats fucking up, we get mad at them that they're fucking up such an important election. Is it possible for you to sympathize with that position at all?

  13. #12373
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election, and whenever we see Biden/Democrats fucking up, we get mad at them that they're fucking up such an important election. Is it possible for you to sympathize with that position at all?
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1300551964036665344


    years for years i say dammmmmmmit!!!


    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1300551964036665344

    and people are worried about biden's mental capacity and gaffs.

    how embarrassing
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  14. #12374
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    meanwhile they ignore what trump has done so far during his press conference as far as being incompetent and bumbling....just today so far....
    Yeah, I'm watching it right now and it is just crazy. Low energy bullshit piled upon more bullshit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election
    Are you voting Biden?

  15. #12375
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election, and whenever we see Biden/Democrats fucking up, we get mad at them that they're fucking up such an important election. Is it possible for you to sympathize with that position at all?
    How can you be terrified he's going to lose but also tear him down every chance you get? Does not compute.

  16. #12376
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election, and whenever we see Biden/Democrats fucking up, we get mad at them that they're fucking up such an important election. Is it possible for you to sympathize with that position at all?
    You are terrified he's gonna lose, and your plan is to not only just not vote but also shit on him in the process. Bold strategy.

  17. #12377
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1300551964036665344


    years for years i say dammmmmmmit!!!


    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1300551964036665344

    and people are worried about biden's mental capacity and gaffs.

    how embarrassing
    We've had 4 years to already know that Trump is awful in every way and every thing he says is a lie. It's not news, I don't even need to watch his bullshit press conferences to know this. If I'm not constantly talking about how much I hate Trump, am I not allowed to worry about Biden and Democrats losing the election by fucking it up?

  18. #12378
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    We've had 4 years to already know that Trump is awful in every way and every thing he says is a lie. It's not news, I don't even need to watch his bullshit press conferences to know this. If I'm not constantly talking about how much I hate Trump, am I not allowed to worry about Biden and Democrats losing the election by fucking it up?
    man you really are trying hard aren't you. Not really fooling anyone though.

    If one flub is all you can find problem with in a long speech or rally, and have major issues with it then you are being dishonest and you are a bad faith poster or are outright trolling and lying to get reactions out of people.

    Biden exceeded every expectation and put to rest what the right has been saying for months.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  19. #12379
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret: it's because we're fucking terrified he's gonna lose the election, and whenever we see Biden/Democrats fucking up, we get mad at them that they're fucking up such an important election. Is it possible for you to sympathize with that position at all?
    I mean sure. I've largely been supportive of his, "Stay quiet and let Trump do his campaigning for him" strategy, because it's been effective.

    But then you see progressives like Archangle complaining that doing a google search for Biden's positions is too hard and he needs to get out there and message them, which I've seen quite often in progressive circles online, so there's a bit of a contradiction within the online progressive groups.

    If you're just on the, "Shut up and let Trump do your work for you, Biden." train then cool, we're basically in the same boat. My comments were, again, aimed more generally rather than at you specifically.

  20. #12380
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean sure. I've largely been supportive of his, "Stay quiet and let Trump do his campaigning for him" strategy, because it's been effective.

    But then you see progressives like Archangle complaining that doing a google search for Biden's positions is too hard and he needs to get out there and message them, which I've seen quite often in progressive circles online, so there's a bit of a contradiction within the online progressive groups.

    If you're just on the, "Shut up and let Trump do your work for you, Biden." train then cool, we're basically in the same boat. My comments were, again, aimed more generally rather than at you specifically.
    If you need to Google Biden's positions because he's not doing a good enough job of putting them out there, then I agree that is a problem. People vote FOR things, and if they're not sure what they're voting for with Biden, then I think that's bad messaging on his campaign's part. Imagine seeing an ad and you had no idea what they were even advertising for and you had to Google them to find out, lots of people won't even bother to Google it and just ignore it, probably.

    Is that kind of criticism not allowed? Are people not allowed to point that out? I don't really understand how criticizing Biden's campaign because I'm worried he will lose is bad. Do I need to get on my knees and lick his boots while criticizing him for people? Will that help? No I'm definitely a secret Trump supporter, you got me guys. I love being told that I'm a secret Trump supporter and that I can't have an opinion on politics and I'm privileged because I'm not voting for Biden while I'm out in the streets getting my skull bashed in by the police arm and arm with my PoC comrades who are getting slaughtered by the police and white supremacists.

    https://twitter.com/wagatwe/status/1300116819798183938

    I said this a while ago and I'll say it again: white liberals hate antifa because they're an example of white folks who actually work on the ground to defend Black lives. Antifa has shown me that my personal standards for white allies was far too low.

    Mutual aid, community defense, marching, protesting, engaging local politicians... There is so much work out there to defend Black lives. And antifa showed me that white folks can do good work without making themselves the center of attention or for profit

    It's a lot easier to moralize for RTs and clicks and benefit from your thinly-veiled antiblackness than to actually, tangibly help the Black people in your lives. Use your privilege for good.

    It's a lot easier to say "go home and just vote!" when you are so far removed from the reality of racist and fascist violence tearing communities apart and dont have to worry about voter suppression.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-08-31 at 10:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •