Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At this point I think "classical liberal" has lost all meaning.
    Only because morons who define themselves as such don’t know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The circle is complete... Trump is a classic liberal:

Before you deride this as just YouTube... 1 million views per video...
    The very fact that this video has 1M+ views is precisely why Youtube is derided all the time as any legitimate source. It's fucking entertainment, with almost no redeemable value in the classic information sense. You can hear something, sure, but if you don't verify it, it might as well be from Fox News (not the slant, just the veracity).

The CERN video explaining the significance of the Higgs discovery as 13k views, just as a comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump blocking Congress Members from inspecting postal facilities.

This continues to be the biggest worry of the election - hiding/destroying mail-in ballots by select workers in key democratic districts of battleground states.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I can’t listen to Tim Pool’s voice. I just can’t.
    Tim Pool is best friends with Nazis, is why I can't listen to that retard. And I make fun of anyone that listens to him.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Tim Pool is best friends with Nazis, is why I can't listen to that retard. And I make fun of anyone that listens to him.
    I tried to give it a shot, just to see if anything had changed in terms of my opinion. Nope, he's a moron. 10 seconds is all it took.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The very fact that this video has 1M+ views is precisely why Youtube is derided all the time as any legitimate source...

The CERN video explaining the significance of the Higgs discovery as 13k views, just as a comparison.
    Disagree here with the first bit, specifically in reference to your mention of CERN.

YouTube itself as a platform isn't credible or not, it's the individual channels and creators that are subject to credibility issues. Because you do very much have your Tim Pool's alongside your CERN's, and they can't both be painted with the same brush.

That's not to excuse the extensive and persistent problems with YouTube's algorithms which end up promoting a whole lot of really terrible content and propaganda in an attempt to keep you watching more videos, which is a wholly separate issue with how the platform works. But YT itself is neutral as a platform in this regard, even if the algorithm does often tend to favor conspiracy theory and sensational videos in their bid for our attention.

Views aren't a matter of credibility or legitimacy, they're purely a measure of popularity, which is wholly separate from the other two notions.

Disagree here with the first bit, specifically in reference to your mention of CERN.

YouTube itself as a platform isn't credible or not, it's the individual channels and creators that are subject to credibility issues. Because you do very much have your Tim Pool's alongside your CERN's, and they can't both be painted with the same brush.
    It's precisely why they can't be painted with the same brush that the entire platform cannot be trusted as source material. If something is said on youtube, unless we can verify it from other sources, it's useless. YT as a platform is the same thing as a magazine or television as a platform. It isn't credible until it's verified. So as a platform, in fact precisely because it's a platform, it can be dismissed as credible - every time.

Now, the argument you might make to that is every source falls into that category, which is subjective rather than objective. Every platform (tv, magazine, website) falls into that category. And you'd be right - which bolsters my original point. Platforms are inherently species, at best. And as you pointed out, YouTube is just a platform, making everything on it initially not credible.

That's not to excuse the extensive and persistent problems with YouTube's algorithms which end up promoting a whole lot of really terrible content and propaganda in an attempt to keep you watching more videos, which is a wholly separate issue with how the platform works. But YT itself is neutral as a platform in this regard, even if the algorithm does often tend to favor conspiracy theory and sensational videos in their bid for our attention.
    Neutral in this case is not credible. It's just more social media. Unless you know the source of the material that is being spewed by the provider, it's next to useless.

Views aren't a matter of credibility or legitimacy, they're purely a measure of popularity, which is wholly separate from the other two notions.
    You know that. I know that. But many do not. They think views = credibility. When obviously views only equal popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You know that. I know that. But many do not. They think views = credibility. When obviously views only equal popularity.
    To be fair to those people. This is what American society trains people to believe. You only believe otherwise if you are either A: naturally disposed to (usually by being part of a minority group and therefore coming into this world with some basic understanding of the idea that more=/=right) or B: trained to see beyond it.

Just as the wealthy are given legitimacy due to their wealth, "views" are the internet's version of money, the more of it you have, the more legitimate you are. Views determine if you survive on the internet so much like our IRL drive to get money at any cost, the goal online is to get views at any cost. The people that get views survive, the websites that get views make money, the videos that get clicks get more clicks, get more money, last longer.

From childhood to death we're inundated by a society that associates "more" with "good".
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

I can’t listen to Tim Pool’s voice. I just can’t.
    It’s why the reaction video... it’s not just him talking and he gets 0 hits.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

It’s why the reaction video... it’s not just him talking and he gets 0 hits.
    The guy doing the reacting has a fairly on-point understanding of how deranged Tim Pool is.

Tim Pool reminds me of the kid at school that no one would talk and tried to tune his radio into the frequency that Area-51 were transmitting on.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    I agree, do we also use the same thing for Biden? How many times does Biden have to say something racist before they right "he is a racist"?

I mean his own VP said he was racist and sexist.

Trump sprouts off at the mouth and sometimes says something stupid trying to make a point.
    Biden sprouts off at the mouth and sometimes says something stupid trying to make a point.

Either both do it, or both are what their "something stupid" says they are? Which is it?
    Imma get poked at for this but I think either side looks foolish when they argue about
    the speech patterns because neither candidates is the best orator.

Liberals and conservatives need to just drop that point of contention.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Campaigning is more than a full time job. The fate of our country is at stake.
    You didn’t answer my question... Is Trump’s campaigning a full time job? Do you see a problem with what you are saying?

Biden has been noticeably absent a lot. Not every day, but he's really allowing Trump to once again over shadow him on the campaign trail. Why is this an issue? Because we need to get Trump the fuck out of office and Biden's lead is not so large that I feel comfortable assuming that he's won.
    Because your news sources don’t report on his campaigning and you are literally ignoring people pointing out that he is campaigning. You do realize that the last day of DNC was less than 2 weeks ago? You did see his stops the last couple of days?

Your news sources lying to you, is not Biden’s problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Imma get poked at for this but I think either side looks foolish when they argue about
    the speech patterns because neither candidates is the best orator.

Liberals and conservatives need to just drop that point of contention.
    The problem... suggesting to inject bleach is not an issue with a speech pattern... it’s a false dichotomy...
    As above, so below.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

The circle is complete... Trump is a classic liberal:

Before you deride this as just YouTube... 1 million views per video...
    I don't feel like watching 20 min of Hasan but why do I feel like he is being taken out of context? Liberals don't like Hasan.

I don't feel like watching 20 min of Hasan but why do I feel like he is being taken out of context? Liberals don't like Hasan.
    Because you didn’t watch the video... Tim Pool literally states that Trump isn’t the colloquial version of liberal, but is by far the only candidate that’s a classic liberal. He literally laughed at Biden and Harris when comparing...

If liberals don’t like Hasan, that just goes further to prove I’m not a liberal.
    As above, so below.

The video is Hasan reacting to Tim Pool being a moron. It's not about Hasan.

The video is Hasan reacting to Tim Pool being a moron. It's not about Hasan.
    To be fair, both not watching 20 min and assuming it was Hasan is fair. I’m just trying to not give Tim Pool hits and I do like Hasan... don’t agree 100% or anything, but he is a good dude... with a tiny head on his shoulders...
    As above, so below.

To be fair, both not watching 20 min and assuming it was Hasan is fair. I’m just trying to not give Tim Pool hits and I do like Hasan... don’t agree 100% or anything, but he is a good dude... with a tiny head on his shoulders...
    Can we stop talking about Tim Pool now? Just discussing him winds me up. He's a fucking plank.

The problem... suggesting to inject bleach is not an issue with a speech pattern... it’s a false dichotomy...
    I don't want to really get into the discussion but people really need to stop falling for Trump's antics such as saying something stupid to redirect from a real headline a joke just to piss people off.

Next time Trump makes a dumb tweet or says something thats intentionally meant to sound asinine/offensive, check out other news stories and see what kind of policy him/GOP is trying to pass or what kind of dangerous administrative move he made. Those are the real stories and I guarantee he is masking one. Instead people waste media cycles on every time he comments on some random celebrity or says something off the wall like drink bleach.

There's actual backstory to that bleach comment that's far more dangerous than what he said. Also makes it clear that he was just making a half assed comment. What it does show is lack of composure and how tone deaf his is though, so still not fit to he a leader.

I don't want to really get into the discussion but people really need to stop falling for Trump's antics such as saying something stupid to redirect from a real headline a joke just to piss people off.
    I’m not redirecting, that’s the actual issue. Sleepy Joe is about speech patterns, injecting bleach is being a moron. I’m just disagreeing on the premise of the comparison, already being made.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we stop talking about Tim Pool now? Just discussing him winds me up. He's a fucking plank.
    Good... it should wind you up... this is the nasty underbelly of modern politics.
    As above, so below.

I’m not redirecting, that’s the actual issue. Sleepy Joe is about speech patterns, injecting bleach is being a moron. I’m just disagreeing on the premise of the comparison, already being made.
    Noooo. I don't mean you're redirecting. I mean Trump is redirecting when he says stupid nonsense. Trump plays into people already thinking (knowing) he is a bigot. So he will purposely do/say stuff to distract stuff he is really doing ie the USPS hit job has been in the works for a while. Even I was calling it out earlier in the year. Meanwhile the media was focusing on dumb shit like him saying 'Wuhan Flu' or having Twitter wars with Pelosi.

People need to stop focusing on the smaller things he says and watch what he actually does. Could be important.

Good... it should wind you up... this is the nasty underbelly of modern politics.
    It annoys me because of how stupid his talking points are. And really, all he’s doing is creating a permission structure for people who don’t think they’re all the bad things that Trump is to still vote for him. ‘Oh I’m a classic liberal, so I’m voting Trump’. Bollocks. Call it for what is and own it.