1. #13081
    I am Murloc! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    So apparently the Dems and the media think President Trump is a "god" that is controlling the China Virus.
    So apparently you can't grasp the hypocrisy in attempting to vacate all blame from Trump's response to the pandemic while shoveling it entirely upon China by attempting to rename the virus.

    News flash: Trump admitted to understanding how dangerous this virus was before a single person in the US had died. The responsibility was his, and so are his failures.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  2. #13082
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    ?? please explain
    They can't - pure QAnon conspiracy bullshit, copy/pasted from their talking points. That's all these people have, pure and utterly ridiculous distraction statements in some desperate hope that we'll forget that Trump is a national security threat to the country, who lied about the Coronavirus and hates the military.

  3. #13083
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    So apparently the Dems and the media think President Trump is a "god" that is controlling the China Virus.
    Citation needed

    He isn't responsible for it existing or even reaching the U.S.

    Trump fucked up his response to the virus which has been confimed by the orange moron himself as being done on purpose.

  4. #13084
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Citation needed

    He isn't responsible for it existing or even reaching the U.S.

    Trump fucked up his response to the virus which has been confimed by the orange moron himself as being done on purpose.
    It's just random QAnon nonsense that these folk are regurgitating. Trump retweeted another QAnon tweet today. He's not even hiding anymore.

  5. #13085
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    So apparently the Dems and the media think President Trump is a "god" that is controlling the China Virus.
    Trump lied, 200000 Americans died.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  6. #13086
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    So apparently the Dems and the media think President Trump is a "god" that is controlling the China Virus.
    So apparently reps, QAnon and the despicable insane crazy morons like yourself think China is a “god” and that hey are controlling COVID in the US.

    Why do you bend the knee to China?


    Why do Mods let you constantly get away with trolling? And before you say “addressing reports takes time”, why am I usually infracted within the hour, and this troll goes unaddressed for years? Not exaggerating, YEARS.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2020-09-12 at 07:13 PM.

  7. #13087
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's just random QAnon nonsense that these folk are regurgitating. Trump retweeted another QAnon tweet today. He's not even hiding anymore.
    HR is one of those shitpost and run Trump supporters that flies through here once in a while. Just drops in, posts the latest conspiracy theory or troll (or in this case, both) and then takes off. Report it, ignore it and move on.

  8. #13088
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    HR is one of those shitpost and run Trump supporters that flies through here once in a while. Just drops in, posts the latest conspiracy theory or troll (or in this case, both) and then takes off. Report it, ignore it and move on.
    Sad part is I know that and replied anyways because Trump's "cHiNa ViRuS" bullshit is still being brought up by other people in this thread even when we are about to crest over 200k dead Americans.

    For cultists obsessed with America First, they sure as hell don't care our useless president doesn't care about Americans dying due to his incompetence.

    You're right though, I don't know why I haven't placed that particular bot on ignore yet, corrected.
    Last edited by noidentity; 2020-09-12 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

  9. #13089
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Sad part is I know that and replied anyways because Trump's "cHiNa ViRuS" bullshit is still being brought up by other people in this thread even when we are about to crest over 200k dead Americans.

    For cultists obsessed with America First they sure as hell don't care our useless president doesn't care about Americans dying due to his incompliance.

    You're right though, I don't know why I haven't placed that particular bot on ignore yet, corrected.
    IDK who I respect less the cultists or the CMV you mentioned earlier.

  10. #13090
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    For cultists obsessed with America First they sure as hell don't care our useless president doesn't care about Americans dying due to his incompliance.
    Because they're not really obsessed with "America First". It's just the cover they use to excuse not giving a damn about "others". They don't care that others are dying. They just care about being able to do what they want to do without restriction. Also, they think politics is a team sport and will excuse anything their side does so long as it's at the expense of the "others". There are some on the left guilty of this too, of course, but it's practically a requirement for Trump supporters.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-09-12 at 08:45 PM.

  11. #13091
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    So apparently the Dems and the media think President Trump is a "god" that is controlling the China Virus.
    So your drive-by posts have graduated from Fox News talking points to Q talking points.

    Awesome.

  12. #13092
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They can't - pure QAnon conspiracy bullshit, copy/pasted from their talking points. That's all these people have, pure and utterly ridiculous distraction statements in some desperate hope that we'll forget that Trump is a national security threat to the country, who lied about the Coronavirus and hates the military.
    Speaking of which, did anyone else notice that one of the Qanon websites was shut down by the owner after they found out who it was?
    https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...ying-developer

    Wonder if some of these owners could be liable for any type of crime for pushing shit like this that might have endangered peoples' lives?

  13. #13093
    Pit Lord D Luniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Sad part is I know that and replied anyways because Trump's "cHiNa ViRuS" bullshit is still being brought up by other people in this thread even when we are about to crest over 200k dead Americans.

    For cultists obsessed with America First, they sure as hell don't care our useless president doesn't care about Americans dying due to his incompetence.

    You're right though, I don't know why I haven't placed that particular bot on ignore yet, corrected.
    Ah, that's mostly because the Americans dying are poor, or minorities, or both.
    To paraphrase one of the deplorables that said the quiet part loud, "He's finally hurting the right people", so of course they dont care, the cruelty is the point
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  14. #13094
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    It just so happens that not dropping bombs and not killing people everywhere in the world is my #1 priority.


    "You have to take out their families"
    https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...their-families

    Trump's Drone strikes FAR exceed Obama's numbers
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/20...bama-s-numbers

    Tell us another lie you Trump® jizz-drunk clown.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-13 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Trolling
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  15. #13095
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yep, it’s why I used neoliberal. It’s the bedrock of conservative liberal oxymoron. Roger & Me is in the government archives as a classic, but few seem to remember what it was about.

    - - - Updated - - -



    It’s tricky... subsidizing and the control can be exerted for the good of the republic, but it’s not constant. This is feeling a bit like solar panels from 2016:

    Why China Is Dominating the Solar Industry
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...olar-industry/
    Why China is dominating the solar industry?

    Because while the Chinese government was subsidizing their solar industry, the US government was subsidizing relics of the past – oil & gas & coal.

    Do a search using “fossil fuel subsidies vs. green energy subsidies.” Even now, that the green energy sector employment is 10 times that of fossil fuel sector, the fossil fuel industry still receives 10 times the subsidies of green energy.

    Fossil fuel supporters liked to talk about “Solindra” to the point that they sounded like a broken record. However, they failed to mention that between 2015 and the present, more than 250 oil patch Exploration & Production companies have filed for bankruptcies. With combines total debt of 172.7B (77.4B secured and 95.3B unsecured). That's only one sector. The oilfield services bankruptcy rate during the same period is almost as bad. Add the midstream sector on top of that. The amount of debt makes Solindra 535M debt default looks like chump change.

    Haynes & Boone Energy Bankruptcy Reports and Surveys (08/21/2020)
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-09-13 at 02:12 AM.

  16. #13096
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    NAFTA is the go to excuse conservaturds use as a strike on Clinton and globalization. Ignoring NAFTA was a Republican plan signed by Bush prior to Clinton and ignoring that the majority of those auto jobs lost were lost to automation and decisions to shift production overseas and to Mexico years prior. The aftermath was something already in the works and would have happened regardless of NAFTA.
    Interestingly enough, as a Rust Belter myself, most of the jobs we lost in upstate NY (and this applies to Western PA, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin) didn't go to Mexico or overseas....

    ...most of them were lost to automation, but....

    ...of the jobs we lost to lower human labor costs, a significant majority went not to Mexico or overseas, but to Southern states, with weak labor laws and anti-union sentiment.

    It's not a coincidence that the strongest time for unions in this country (post-WW2), was the nostalgic time period conservatives love to yearn for, when a high school grad could be the single-earner in a family and they could own a house with the white picket fence and little to no debt. With labor and manufacturing migrating to non-union states (because that's where companies dumpster dived to), that's when the middle class took a nose dive - when Nixon and then Reagan took a hatchet to the unions. And that was the rise of two working parent, debt-ridden, one emergency away from financial bankruptcy middle class.

    It makes me just insane that people can't see this fairly blatant, obvious economical pattern.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2020-09-13 at 02:46 AM.

  17. #13097
    Ugh..the Reagan-Bush years were the worst years for union workers...and the purchasing power of the dollar fairly tanked when compared to the prior decade. That timeframe was when I lost all faith with the GOP.
    Of course, in the interest of fairness, the Clinton years were an amazing education that made me lose faith in the democrats.

    C'est la vie

  18. #13098
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    "You have to take out their families"
    https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...their-families

    Trump's Drone strikes FAR exceed Obama's numbers
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/20...bama-s-numbers

    Tell us another lie you Trump® jizz-drunk clown.
    Just ignore, report and move on. All they’re doing is trolling. It’s why they hit and run. Because there’s no actual truth to anything he or GP say.

  19. #13099
    Talk about low effort.

    Trump isn't even trying anymore with his lies


    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/polit...are/index.html

    Trump lies that Biden would 'destroy' Obamacare's protections for pre-existing conditions

    At a campaign rally in Freeland, Michigan, Trump claimed his opponent, Joe Biden, "will destroy your protections for pre-existing conditions." Trump went on to say that he would himself preserve these protections.

    Facts First: This is not only false but a complete reversal of reality. The protections for people with pre-existing conditions were created by the very Obama administration in which Biden served as vice president -- as part of Obamacare, the 2010 law Biden has vowed to preserve and strengthen if elected President. Trump, conversely, has tried repeatedly to get bills passed that would have weakened these protections. He is now trying to get the entirety of Obamacare struck down by the courts.


    Trump has made a vague promise to protect pre-existing conditions through some kind of executive order. He has not explained how this order would work. (He has also generally promised to unveil a health care plan that would replace Obamacare, but he has not done so; while he said it might be released by the end of August, it still hadn't arrived as of September 11.)
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  20. #13100
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,600

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •