Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...relief-package

Republicans on helping Americans and small businesses in the midst of a pandemic.

Democrats: We want $3 trillion, it's urgently needed by everyone from unemployed folks to small businesses to cities and states who are all getting hit hard.

Republicans in the Senate: Here's a $1T plan that's utterly unacceptable. We're done now, talk to the White House.

Republicans in the White House: Nah, not interested in working with you. We'll do it ourselves.

Democrats: Fine, $2 trillion, but we need this shit.

Republicans: Nah, but we don't.

Democrats: Seriously?

Republicans in the White House: Well, we might be able to do $1T, but meh, we're not terribly motivated.

Democrats: For the love of...FINE. MCCONNELL?!

Republicans in the Senate: Well, we can do $500B. Also you can't give money to cities and states. Also, no more $1,200 stimulus checks like we said back in July.

I wouldn't be surprised if this passes. Why? Because the US people and small businesses need all the help that they can get and they need it now, and can't afford to wait another 3-4 months while Republicans drag their feet and Democrats fight for actual pandemic funding.
    And yet there are functional retards who blame dem's for lack of relief aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Tankies already claiming that Biden will be a moderate disappointment.

Since he wont liquidate the Kulaks, and use the grist to pay them to watch podcasts all day.
    Government Affiliated Snark

I mean...they're right if they're blaming Democrats for wanting a useful and productive bill for pandemic relief and not just signing off on a $100 check from Congress to the Make-a-Wish foundation and then patting themselves on the back before they go off to another fundraising dinner.

I wouldn't be surprised if this passes. Why? Because the US people and small businesses need all the help that they can get and they need it now, and can't afford to wait another 3-4 months while Republicans drag their feet and Democrats fight for actual pandemic funding.
    I'd be shocked if it did pass.
    40..maybe 41 votes. And that many for the loyalty to the brand.
    I'd wager that there are at least half dozen in the gop that will vote for it only because they know it won't pass. Conversely if it had any chance those same would vote against it. (If you're scratching your head at that...politics!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It seems you haven't been keeping up with current events.
    You're part of the reason why there won't be a stimulus package and additional unemployment funding until after November.
    1. We were talking about after the election.
    2. Holy shit!!!!!!!!! I'm a US Senator??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    3. We probably wouldn't be in the midst of an economic collapse had the orange shitgibbon been a leader and put the country before himself but him and the other pieces of shit (who also put themselves before the country) you want to include in all the decision making, decided wearing masks was uncomfortable.

But no, let's call me the problem.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Republicans on helping Americans and small businesses in the midst of a pandemic.

Democrats: We want $3 trillion, it's urgently needed by everyone from unemployed folks to small businesses to cities and states who are all getting hit hard.

Republicans in the Senate: Here's a $1T plan that's utterly unacceptable. We're done now, talk to the White House.

Republicans in the White House: Nah, not interested in working with you. We'll do it ourselves.

Republicans in the White House: Well, we might be able to do $1T, but meh, we're not terribly motivated.

Republicans in the Senate: Well, we can do $500B. Also you can't give money to cities and states. Also, no more $1,200 stimulus checks like we said back in July.

I was listening to Steve Inskeep interview with Jerome Powell. This part strikes me as something that the GOP representatives in congress should listen to.

So this is a fiscal policy question, and it's not really for the Fed, but I would say that the U.S. fiscal policy at the federal level has been on an unsustainable path for some time. And by that what I mean is the debt is growing faster than the economy. By definition, that is unsustainable. Eventually, that can't go on. And the time to deal with that is when the economy is healthy, when there's growth, when unemployment is low, when people can afford to pay taxes and we can control spending. That's the time to deal with that. The time to start working on fiscal sustainability is not right now when we have so many people in need. In fact, now, to the extent you can keep people in the workforce, keep them in their houses, they're going to be able to contribute more to the economy and they're going to be paying taxes. And it's going to be, you know, you'll have a stronger, faster growing, more resilient economy coming out of it if you do keep these people connected to the economy. It'll cost money now, but it will pay dividends later.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If this is your train of thought, you are shitting on every single person on social security. Because unlike Trump’s plan, it won’t be defunded by 2023 under Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Screaming “people support Medicare for all”, while the man defunding social security is running for office.
    its payroll taxes. Its funds half of Medicare, so at the same time they are defunding SS they are defunding Medicare.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/100...AI-MtZgS_MtXv4

Georgia SoS says they have 1,000 potential cases of double-voting in the state. That's a lot!

It's also a state that saw 2.2 million votes in the primary.

Meaning that if 1,000 were cast twice, we'd be looking at a .00045% rate of voter fraud. Which seems fairly statistically insignificant, even if we assume (wrongly) that all of them voted the same way.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/100...AI-MtZgS_MtXv4

Georgia SoS says they have 1,000 potential cases of double-voting in the state. That's a lot!

It's also a state that saw 2.2 million votes in the primary.

Meaning that if 1,000 were cast twice, we'd be looking at a .00045% rate of voter fraud. Which seems fairly statistically insignificant, even if we assume (wrongly) that all of them voted the same way.
    Probably won’t even be 1000 when it’s all said and done, like the last time republicans had a voter fraud “epidemic”.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ers-purge.html

I will give him credit though: he does say this shows the system works, as they were caught.

He mentioned funding for unemployment, I assume it's just gonna be +$300 a week or less though? I didn't see a number in the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aka: My Senator Barrasso. Every single thing he posts on FB is whining about how "Republicans are ready to get the country going but those darn Democrats just won't work with us!"
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    He mentioned funding for unemployment, I assume it's just gonna be +$300 a week or less though? I didn't see a number in the article.
    Probably going to be timed right around...I don't know...is there any significant date coming up in the next couple of months that Dipshit-in-Chief and his retarded enablers could choose to target for this money?

The Republican bill includes a $300 per week federal unemployment benefit through the end of the year...

The vote is Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Republican bill includes a $300 per week federal unemployment benefit through the end of the year...

The vote is Thursday.
    Oh good, they can gut 75% of the bill, add in half the benefit as previous, and then dishonestly say Democrats are holding the bill up if they don't vote for it.

I mean, at least that's something and folks desperately need the help, but it's pretty fuckin pathetic and very expected from the terrified party of small, boring ideas.

When neither McConnell nor Graham's numbers improve I think they'll return to the Senate in a couple of weeks, if not sooner.
    They're both polling even with their respective democrat challengers at the moment. And that shouldn't be reassuring to either.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arroll-lawsuit

Why is the DoJ joining Trump's defense for a 2 decade old rape allegation, currently in court for defamation against the alleged victim?

In a court filing Tuesday, the Justice Department said Trump was acting “within the scope” of his job as president when he said Carroll lied about the incident, prompting her lawsuit.
    How is it part of his job to lie about decades-old rape allegations?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arroll-lawsuit

Why is the DoJ joining Trump's defense for a 2 decade old rape allegation, currently in court for defamation against the alleged victim?

How is it part of his job to lie about decades-old rape allegations?
    Because the DoJ isn't independent like they are supposed to be and now the AG is Trump's personal lawyer, instead of America's lawyer? I hope Barr goes to prison when Trump loses.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Because the DoJ isn't independent like they are supposed to be and now the AG is Trump's personal lawyer, instead of America's lawyer? I hope Barr goes to prison when Trump loses.
    Him and Trump should actually go before a firing squad for treason.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Him and Trump should actually go before a firing squad for treason.
    The corrupt/greedy congressmen won’t let it come to that because that means it could easily be them.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    The corrupt/greedy congressmen won’t let it come to that because that means it could easily be them.
    I cannot see how it doesn't;t apply to his actions with Russia.

"Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open Court."

Maybe "adhering" has a different meaning in law, I dunno?