1. #13141
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But a big part of that is also on antifa for being shit at getting their message out.
    Because they don’t have a messenger and that how it should be. Antifa is should not have political representation, because they would no longer be the antifa as we know it, but become a political party. Biden taking ownership, as he would by speaking out on their behalf as a nominee, would damage the movement.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    who stood up to the nazis in charlottesville?
    who doxxes awd army members?
    who doxxes proud boy cops?
    who infiltrated and disrupted The Base?
    who fucked up cantwells life?
    who infiltrated and leaked iron marchs database?

    do fuck off
    ... and who was doing it for decades before?

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  2. #13142
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Protesters, including antifa.
    I don't know what an awd army member is, so no idea.
    From what I've seen, it's not "just antfia" but a collection of online leftists.
    No clue what "The Base" is? Sounds familiar?
    Is Cantwell the crying Nazi? Didn't he like, do that all on his own?
    I don't know what the Iron March is.

    I mean, I'm a somewhat online guy that keeps up with the news pretty well, but I haven't heard of half this shit. How on earth are people who are even less online and pay even less attention to news know literally any of this?
    protesters who were anti-fascist.
    atomwaffen division
    online leftists who are anti fascist
    murderous neo nazis
    lmao threw cantwell in because its funny
    nazi message board, which allowed most mass ID'ing.

    i mean the list of online and offline work anti-fascists too is immense, some bougie dipper using rightwing talking points
    latte-sipping 20somethings looking for an outlet from their largely boring upper middle class lives
    can utterly fuck off


    Just to point out if you are anti fascist you are antifa, fuck me its not hard is it, there isnt some magical organisation funded by soros you do know that right?

  3. #13143
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because they don’t have a messenger and that how it should be. Antifa is should not have political representation, because they would no longer be the antifa as we know it, but become a political party. Biden taking ownership, as he would by speaking out on their behalf as a nominee, would damage the movement.
    Few things.

    1. They don't need to be a political party to have a "messenger". They don't need political representation for that in the slightest, and don't even need to form anything akin to a national structure. IIRC BLM's structure is quite similar, with the biggest departure being that they have a decentralized national structure where all the local chapters operate independently of it. They can get messaging out.

    2. If they have no messenger, are people supposed to like...intuit their message? How are they supposed to tell people that they aren't just out there hitting people with bike locks and assaulting trash cans?

    3. What does Biden have to do with "taking ownership"? He didn't do so in the clip, he just condemned the violence.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    protesters who were anti-fascist.
    I'm willing to bet that most wouldn't characterize themselves as antifa.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    atomwaffen division
    Cool, I wish they'd stick with outing white supremacists. That's something we can all easily agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    online leftists who are anti fascist
    See above. Just because goals may align doesn't mean they're the same group.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    murderous neo nazis
    lmao threw cantwell in because its funny
    nazi message board, which allowed most mass ID'ing.
    Most of these appear to be very online groups and events. None of this will matter when the election comes. Know what will matter? The votes of not-very-online people who largely only think antifa is out to assault trash cans.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Just to point out if you are anti fascist you are antifa, fuck me its not hard is it, there isnt some magical organisation funded by soros you do know that right?
    I am anti fascist, but I am not antifa as we know them. I'm not just talking about the right wing strawman of them. Again, I've run into these folks multiple times in my years of protesting, and I've never had a positive encounter with them.

    Sorry that my very real life interactions with them left me with a distaste for the kinds of folks that suit up in black and show up with trash cans and baseball bats?

  4. #13144
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

    Sorry that my very real life interactions with them left me with a distaste for the kinds of folks that suit up in black and show up with trash cans and baseball bats?
    you are talking about black bloc

    but I am not antifa as we know them
    this quotes mental wheres @JohnBrown1917

  5. #13145
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They don't need to be a political party to have a "messenger". They don't need political representation for that in the slightest, and don't even need to form anything akin to a national structure. IIRC BLM's structure is quite similar, with the biggest departure being that they have a decentralized national structure where all the local chapters operate independently of it. They can get messaging out.
    It’s not a necessity, but what they are fighting against makes it nearly impossible. The thing that muddies the argument is Trump and his cohorts. You have a political party as a united front against it. This isn’t BLM like it was when Kap started to kneel... there is their message and then there is a message being sent out by a multi million dollar effort of a political campaign. They can’t compete and their message is now different, due to no fault of theirs.

    If they have no messenger, are people supposed to like...intuit their message? How are they supposed to tell people that they aren't just out there hitting people with bike locks and assaulting trash cans?
    Let Trump define it........

    What does Biden have to do with "taking ownership"? He didn't do so in the clip, he just condemned the violence.
    He would be taking ownership, if he vocalized his support for antifa... by the way... antifa and BLM are not the same...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  6. #13146
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Which is exactly the wrong thing to say. The right thing to say is "Antifa as an organization doesn't exist and everyone should be anti-fascist". Please stop defending Trump talking points about Antifa.
    Nobody's defending Trump's talking points. You're just nitpicking at things to bitch about because your candidate didn't make it through the primary. Shouldn't you be out on the streets fighting for your city like you constantly claim you're doing? Change the record.

  7. #13147
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,755
    I wouldn't have even acknowledged antifa, because it doesn't exist as an organization. Just say he condemn violence, leave it at that. I mean bring up the fact that the greatest security threat the nation faces right now is right wing extremists right here in the US according to recent homeland security report. Biden should bring up that Trump not only doesn't condemn them, but supports and actively courts these people, because they support him.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-09-09 at 01:17 AM.

  8. #13148
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Just to point out if you are anti fascist you are antifa, fuck me its not hard is it, there isnt some magical organisation funded by soros you do know that right?
    Whether you like it or not, whether it's fair or not, whether it's true or not, the GOP have successfully branded the militant minority on the far-left as "Antifa" in the minds of the majority of America. You can come onto these forums and rail against it as much as you want, and you're welcome to, but it won't change that fact.

    Do I believe "Antifa" is some scary left terror group? Nope. Does Edge? Nope. Does anyone who reads past the headlines? Nope. Now guess how much of America falls into that group, take it back by an order of magnitude and you'll have the amount of people who know the truth about it.

    For the rest of America who are watching "riots" on television (and are unable to tell the difference between a peaceful protest and a violent riot, apparently), "Antifa" is real, so they need to be explicitly told by the people they're voting for that they're against the violence--which is exactly what Biden did. Actually, even though he slipped up, Biden avoided saying that Antifa is a violent group. Just that he is against the violence from both sides.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I wouldn't have even acknowledged antifa, because it doesn't exist as an organization. Just say he condemn violence, leave it at that.
    That's essentially what he did. He started to answer the question as it was but then changed to condemning the violence. Like I said, he slipped at the start by falling for the trick question, but he tried to recover.

  9. #13149
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Nobody's defending Trump's talking points. You're just nitpicking at things to bitch about because your candidate didn't make it through the primary. Shouldn't you be out on the streets fighting for your city like you constantly claim you're doing? Change the record.
    Check how many posts Biden haters that don’t support Trump, have on Trump cancelling federal race sensitivity training, while calling it unAmerican. But... it’s okay... just like with Hillary, Trump won’t win, no need to focus on him... time to look ahead and shit on Biden, while Trump makes his attacks on BLM law.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Whether you like it or not, whether it's fair or not, whether it's true or not, the GOP have successfully branded the militant minority on the far-left as "Antifa" in the minds of the majority of America. You can come onto these forums and rail against it as much as you want, and you're welcome to, but it won't change that fact.
    While people calling them selfs Angels of Riots and those claiming they have been fighting fascist all along... are attacking Biden for not supporting them... Might have missed the boat, while bitching they are all the same.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  10. #13150
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post



    That's essentially what he did. He started to answer the question as it was but then changed to condemning the violence. Like I said, he slipped at the start by falling for the trick question, but he tried to recover.
    I know, it was a bullshit leading question to begin with that he caught himself before completely tripping, but he should have turned it around and used it to go after trump, that's my argument.

    Though to be fair, anyone who is actually anti fascist should be voting against the fascist guy we have as president regardless.

  11. #13151
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I know, it was a bullshit leading question to begin with that he caught himself before completely tripping, but he should have turned it around and used it to go after trump, that's my argument.
    Maybe. Do you think it would have made more of a difference in the grand scheme of things? Judging from the reactions of people here, I doubt it (but again, this is a tiny, tiny minority of the voting public, I know.)

  12. #13152
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Maybe. Do you think it would have made more of a difference in the grand scheme of things? Judging from the reactions of people here, I doubt it (but again, this is a tiny, tiny minority of the voting public, I know.)
    No, because they are stuck in a quagmire of both Biden and Trump being Bernie’s opponents. They are still spending their capital attacking Biden voters, as Trump has successfully redefined who they are, with little objection.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  13. #13153
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Maybe. Do you think it would have made more of a difference in the grand scheme of things? Judging from the reactions of people here, I doubt it (but again, this is a tiny, tiny minority of the voting public, I know.)
    no it wouldn't. the same 4 or so people would still come here and concern troll the very next thing biden does because both sides or some nonsense.

  14. #13154
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    snip
    my problem was with this comment which is why i quoted it :

    but are still largely a bunch of shits that spend more of their time engaging in petty vandalism and picking fights than doing anything productive.
    its a bullshit thing to say, completely uneducated and deserved an answer.

    I dont understand people like Flower Milk crying about what Biden has said. Jettisawn is the same.

    'why isnt the bourgeois politician in favour of a working class revolution? why doesnt he take up the cause of BLM and Antifa? He has betrayed me by being what he is!'

    absolute melts

  15. #13155
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    what the actual fuck is this man doing

    https://twitter.com/JTHVerhovek/stat...11601864704006


    There are no anti-fascists on the ballot. There is no excuse or defense for this, the only way you can defend these comments as a liberal is by just pushing Trump's bullshit talking points about "ANTIFA".
    I just said it yesterday that this is basically the GOP play when they call Biden 'radical left'. The whole point is to dive a wedge between moderates/liberals and progressives because the former cant stand being called 'radical'. Biden can say, "hey, I distanced myself from them so you can no longer call be the 'radical left'. Do you love me now?"

    The GOP says "sure, of course we do. No sarcasm " while the left side of the spectrum is fractured.

    Let's just validate more of Trump's bullshit.

  16. #13156
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Let's just validate more of Trump's bullshit.
    *yawn* Nobody's doing that. He was condemning the violence--same thing he said before--but he tripped over the gotcha question and had to recover.

    But you keep doing you.

  17. #13157
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    *yawn* Nobody's doing that. He was condemning the violence--same thing he said before--but he tripped over the gotcha question and had to recover.

    But you keep doing you.
    Some of yall truly are incapable of dishing out any sort of contrustive criticism against the Biden campaign...even when Biden gives Trump a talking point. Sae Sae.

  18. #13158
    Legendary! PresidentElectMilchschake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Fascists Tummy Aches
    Posts
    6,945
    Cosplay Leftists, "Biden is losing the Antifa vote!"

    We did this a few months ago when the protests started...

    Biden's polling numbers will probably go up again
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  19. #13159
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    26,331
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Some of yall truly are incapable of dishing out any sort of contrustive criticism against the Biden campaign...even when Biden gives Trump a talking point. Sae Sae.
    Why should we? It's Trump and other Republicans job to criticize Biden. If you're lacking material that's your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  20. #13160
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Some of yall truly are incapable of dishing out any sort of contrustive criticism against the Biden campaign...even when Biden gives Trump a talking point. Sae Sae.
    I'm 100% able to criticize Biden when he actually does something worthy of criticism. This, however, was nothing. Since Trump is trying to paint Biden as "radical", it's really not "giving Trump a talking point" when Biden is condemning the violence. Kinda works against that theme.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •