1. #13241
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Look at you, making assumptions based on nothing.

    Warren was my first choice, too - I voted for her in the Primary.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I guess you have nothing left, now that you've been proven wrong, but personal attacks and childish lashing-outs.

    It's not surprising, given your post history. It's just disappointing.

    Post. A. Fact. That. Supports. Your. Claim.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  2. #13242
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Bernie's primary performance is not indicative of his potential general election performance. They are different contests, which different voters in play, different kinds of messaging, wildly different attacks from the opposition, etc.

    Comparing the two is not useful for debate. Especially not at this stage when any possible point that anyone could make is 100% moot.
    But you can draw some logical conclusions from his ability to get the youth vote out in the Primary - which he failed at doing. I was hoping @Bodakane would rise above himself and see the larger picture and actually ask the right question - but he never could/did. Now he's stuck with an inability to understand analysis vs data. @Hinastorm actually asked the right question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I mean, you guys could settle this pretty easily. Obama had record turnout in the general, did he in the primary also?
    To your point, let me explain with more data:

    Compare 2004 vs 2008 primary turnout, in youth voters:

    Source

    Now look at the General Election turnout, comparing the same years:

    Source

    It demonstrably shows that Obama, an "exciting" candidate, brought out the votes in the Primary, which translated to bringing out the votes in the General Election.

    Now, I will be the first to acknowledge that this entire topic is a social science, and nothing is certain. But people asked for evidence, and after Bodakane's meltdown, I thought you and Hinastorm deserved at least a little more analysis/evidence/facts.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-09-20 at 11:58 PM.

  3. #13243
    I'd really just like to move on to discussing relevant topics w/r/t the general.

    Democrats eating their young is a great bloodsport and all, but I have the Sated debuff for at least the next 3 or so years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  4. #13244
    Banned JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    28,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    This appears to be the best place to plop this down. It doesn't get much clearer than this.

    I do love myself some fascist infighting, the lincoln project vs Trumpers, fun to watch.

  5. #13245
    Gona get shit for this but people need to not count on any mail in voting what so ever, drop you ballots off by hand or go to the polls directly. take every precaution you can, go at low turn out times, go early if you have early voting, but make sure your vote is cast by election day.

  6. #13246
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    People continue to try and claim "Bernie would have done better" with absolutely ZERO EVIDENCE to back up that claim. And Bernie lost the Primary - which may or may not be an indication of his performance in the General - it is the ONLY objective proof we have of his electability in a national endeavor.
    You're right, I don't have a alternate timeline machine to go and see what would of happened. But I DO know FOR A FACT that exciting left wing voters to actually go vote is the #1 key factor. Repubs show up no matter what.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Gona get shit for this but people need to not count on any mail in voting what so ever, drop you ballots off by hand or go to the polls directly. take every precaution you can, go at low turn out times, go early if you have early voting, but make sure your vote is cast by election day.
    It's so fucking dumb that we have to play along with Trumps stupidity, but you're 100% right.

  7. #13247
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    You're right, I don't have a alternate timeline machine to go and see what would of happened. But I DO know FOR A FACT that exciting left wing voters to actually go vote is the #1 key factor. Repubs show up no matter what.
    And honestly, I would like to see how Bernie would have done against Trump. He was certainly exciting to some people, and his ideas and policies better be in play in 2021 (if Biden wins). And I wish there had been a way to put him on the ticket - but Biden/Sanders would have been awful, if only because two old geezers.

    For another discussion, but it's interesting that there weren't a lot of young and exciting candidates to get behind. I hope that Obama is working hard(er) at building up a larger national Democratic stable (I feel like he is one of the better people to do so, with his foundation and recognition and general approval with all Democrats - I hope others are as well).


    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    It's so fucking dumb that we have to play along with Trumps stupidity, but you're 100% right.
    It is entirely both dumb and generally terrifying. As @Canpinter said, we can no longer count on the mail. And we still don't know what the October Surprise will be, nor the last minute surprise efforts to fuck up the election in November.

    I truly fear for this country if Trump steals a second term.

  8. #13248
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Biden still seems to have issues with simple math...
    Biden sometimes says "million" when he means "thousand", but Trump doesn't even know his own name; he called himself "Donald Prump" yesterday.

    Trump makes Biden look like a genius.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  9. #13249
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Biden sometimes says "million" when he means "thousand", but Trump doesn't even know his own name; he called himself "Donald Prump" yesterday.

    Trump makes Biden look like a genius.
    I don't even know why people reply to Ghostpanther anymore. He's proven time and again that he's an utter moron. Had him on ignore for ages.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-21 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

  10. #13250
    Old God Captain N's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Resident of Emerald City
    Posts
    10,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't even know why people reply to Ghostpanther anymore. He's proven time and again that he's an utter moron. Had him on ignore for ages.
    And he has everyone who doesn't kiss Republican ass on ignore too. He's threatened to kill black kids if they knocked on his door, and once told a mod it was her fault if she ended up accidentally pregnant and she'd be a murderer if she had an abortion. I think he's just one of those folks who lives under a bridge.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

    I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

  11. #13251
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And he has everyone who doesn't kiss Republican ass on ignore too. He's threatened to kill black kids if they knocked on his door, and once told a mod it was her fault if she ended up accidentally pregnant and she'd be a murderer if she had an abortion. I think he's just one of those folks who lives under a bridge.
    So he's literally a troll. Sounds about right.

  12. #13252
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Gona get shit for this but people need to not count on any mail in voting what so ever, drop you ballots off by hand or go to the polls directly. take every precaution you can, go at low turn out times, go early if you have early voting, but make sure your vote is cast by election day.
    I agree, for those that can... I doubt you will get any shit...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't even know why people reply to Ghostpanther anymore. He's proven time and again that he's an utter moron. Had him on ignore for ages.
    For me... I feel like we were cool before November 6 2016, even if we disagreed. I reply for the sentiment in this song... am not calling anyone a nazi...

    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  13. #13253
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    23,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Biden still seems to have issues with simple math.....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...die-from-covid

    2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden had another gaffe on Sunday when he said an estimated 200 million people have already died from the coronavirus, even though the number of American casualties is closer to 200,000.

    "If Donald Trump has his way, the complications from COVID-19, which are well beyond what they should be -- it's estimated that 200 million people have died -- probably by the time I finish this talk," he said during a campaign speech.


    This isn't the first time Biden has mixed up his math and made head-scratching remarks about the coronavirus mortality rate.

    Back in June, Biden wrongly claimed 120 million people had died as a result of COVID-19, during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania.

    “People don’t have a job, people don’t know where to go, they don’t know what to do,” he said. “Now we have over 120 million dead from COVID.”
    You support a guy that says pronounces Thialand as Thighland and Yosemite as Yo'semite
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

  14. #13254
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Post. A. Fact. That. Supports. Your. Claim.
    See above (or, more precisely, see below your posts I'm quoting here).

    I wish you could have been a better person about this, but sometimes our true nature shines through, usually at the worst of times. We all now know yours.

    Thanks for playing.


    On another note, for everyone here - looks like we're only going to get two GOP Senators "objecting" to the RBG replacement vote. I can't see any mechanism to stop them from doing it.

    Also sounds like the Democrats are going to expand the court if they win out in November.

  15. #13255
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    See above (or, more precisely, see below your posts I'm quoting here).

    I wish you could have been a better person about this, but sometimes our true nature shines through, usually at the worst of times. We all now know yours.

    Thanks for playing.
    That was the first thing you posted and it doesn't support your point at all. For your point to have merit, it would have to show that most candidates that won the POTUS had massive primary numbers. But that isn't the case. It isn't the case because primary numbers don't dictate the general election. It can, sure like Obama. But its not this guaranteed correlation like you're selling it as, or if it does, then you've had all day to prove it and instead you spent it crying. Pointing that simple and painfully obvious fact out to you doesn't reveal anything about my character, but your insane refusal to actually address a single point I've made or even provide a single fact for literally hours all while insulting me, says an awful lot about yours.

    I've given reason after reason after reason after reason after reason why you're wrong. You just say those things don't matter. You didn't provide facts as to why they don't matter or even a line of reasoning, just basically, "Nope you're stupid those things don't matter at all, cannot win a primary would never win a general just because!!!!!!!" That's it. You're a bad faith poster with the intellectual honesty of a trump supporter.

    Please for the good of the board never engage me again and I won't with you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  16. #13256
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That was the first thing you posted and it doesn't support your point at all. For your point to have merit, it would have to show that most candidates that won the POTUS had massive primary numbers. But that isn't the case. It isn't the case because primary numbers don't dictate the general election. It can, sure like Obama. But its not this guaranteed correlation like you're selling it as. Pointing that simple and painfully obvious fact out to you doesn't reveal anything about my character, but your insane refusal to actually address a single point I've made or even provide a single fact for literally hours all while insulting me, says an awful lot about yours.

    I've given reason after reason after reason after reason after reason why you're wrong. You just say those things don't matter. You didn't provide facts as to why they don't matter or even a line of reasoning, just basically, "Nope you're stupid those things don't matter at all, cannot win a primary would never win a general just because!!!!!!!" That's it. You're a bad faith poster with the intellectual honesty of a trump supporter.

    Please for the good of the board never engage me again and I won't with you.
    I never posted that before now. You are such a LIAR.

    And it's pretty clear you have no idea what that data says.

    You continue to ignore facts, reality, and evidence. You sure spew a lot of bullshit and person insults while demonstrating for all you cannot admit being wrong.

    We can see that you are essentially just a liar, and it's pathetic the depths you'll dive to ignore reality. Please don't respond to me or anyone else looking for facts - you clearly do not know what one is.

  17. #13257
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I never posted that before now.

    And it's pretty clear you have no idea what that data says.

    You continue to ignore facts, reality, and evidence. You sure spew a lot of bullshit and person insults while demonstrating for all you cannot admit being wrong.

    We can see that you are essentially just a liar, and it's pathetic the depths you'll dive to ignore reality. Please don't respond to me or anyone else looking for facts - you clearly do not know what one is.
    I didn't lie. I said that was the first time you posted it. The fuck planet is this?

    The next fact, example of reality or piece of evidence you post in this topic will be the first one.

    Insult me and cry some more, I'm done trying to get through your thick ass head. Last post to you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

  18. #13258
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    I didn't lie. I said that was the first time you posted it. The fuck planet is this?

    The next fact, example of reality or piece of evidence you post in this topic will be the first one.

    Insult me and cry some more, I'm done trying to get through your thick ass head. Last post to you.
    You did lie. You are a liar, and a Sea Lioner. It's pathetic what you've turned to in avoiding being wrong, or even admitting you could be.

    You just said that was the first thing I posted in this discussion - and it wasn't. I just posted those facts and links and charts now, about an hour ago - we've been in this discussion since yesterday - maybe you're confused. We're all kinda wondering what planet you're on right now. You must have forgotten - here, let us remind you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    That was the first thing you posted and it doesn't support your point at all.
    It wasn't the first thing I posted in our "discussion". This is the first time I'm posting those Pew Research links. Pay attention.

    Those facts from the Pew Research Institute demonstrably show that enthusiasm for Primary elections transcends into the General, vis a vis the 2008 turnout for Obama.

    You can insult me all you want, and cry about not having any facts, but your pathetic attempts at Sea Lioning will be reported the next time you lie to this forum.

    You shouldn't respond any more - you're entirely wrong in both your point and your reasoning, and have yet to post any facts showing otherwise. It's just sad and disappointing you lack any intellectual honesty, but at least this forum now knows your true character.

    Good day.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-21 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

  19. #13259
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I don't even know why people reply to Ghostpanther anymore. He's proven time and again that he's an utter moron. Had him on ignore for ages.
    I don't have anyone on ignore. How am I supposed to correct the behaviour of regressive dipshits if I don't see their submoronic posts?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-21 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

  20. #13260
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,692
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Sometimes it seems like everybody on this forum did, wtf happened? Stupid everyone who doesn't post here ruined it for us.
    It's always worth remembering that the opinions of a handful of posters on a WoW fan forum may not accurately reflect the needs and ideals of the greater geopolitical landscape.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •