1. #13241
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    If he says he thinks Trump can handle office better than that is what he believes at the moment. No I don't agree with it, but that doesn't make what I wrote about him a lie.
    No, but it speaks volumes to his ignorance and stupidity and is a shining example of why he's nothing more than an idiot with a talk show rather than some kind of political luminary.

    You can't claim to be a liberal your whole life and then look at Trump and go, "You know what? He's alright and I like him more." compared to literally any of the Democratic primary candidates, Biden, Sanders, Gabbard, Williamson...anyone. Well, I mean you can, Joe Rogan just did, and we'll rightfully mock such a nonsense position held by a popular idiot.

  2. #13242
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Need to reply in a language they understand. A youtuber commenting on a podcaster commenting on something else.



    Atleast its not a straight Qanon video
    Nah, finally just put him on ignore. No more losing brain cells reading his crap. He never listens. no amount of evidence is enough. waste of time.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-09-14 at 09:12 PM.

  3. #13243
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If the polls are accurate and stay the same as they are now, like I said, you will not be disappointed.

    The audio recordings and videos, deal with his stupid statements mainly. No argument from me on that. But I am not voting for his personality or failure to respond correctly verbally. After all, Bill Clinton was popular. In spite of him taking advantage of one of the WH workers with his position of power, to get sexual benefits.
    He has done NOTHING to help this country, including you. Everything he has done, hurts everyone but the 1%. He is literally pissing on you, and telling you it is rain, and you believe him.

  4. #13244
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Should be able to have a debate wiithout worrying about getting Zingers and yelling over the top of each other. Anyways back to work for me.
    I love when someone says back to work before spending the next 30+ minutes constantly checking and responding to posts.

  5. #13245
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Two time Obama voters voted for Trump. So it can obviously be done.
    People keep saying this, but don't provide any ballots proving this.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  6. #13246
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I love when someone says back to work before spending the next 30+ minutes constantly checking and responding to posts.
    To bring back an older joke: Gotta earn those turnips.

  7. #13247
    Immortal PresidentGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Fascists Tummy Aches
    Posts
    7,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    To bring back an older joke: Gotta earn those turnips.
    Good thing that Grandma's Basement is a union shop.

    But ya, unless I see photos with a driver's licence, im assuming its bullshit.


    But seriously, it could be Gary Cohn posting here as a secret liberal
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  8. #13248
    why do some many people get thier discourse from youtube morons. fuck me. its obvious to anyone who is aware of thier talking points.

  9. #13249
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, if he was a Sanders supporter, and would rather vote Trump after Sanders dropped out, someone who is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Sanders, then he was never a Sanders supporter. It doesn't make any sense for ANY Sanders supporter to pretty much give up everything, go full racist, full science denial, and full, for lack of a better term, "retard" and support Trump.

  10. #13250
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, if he was a Sanders supporter, and would rather vote Trump after Sanders dropped out, someone who is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Sanders, then he was never a Sanders supporter. It doesn't make any sense for ANY Sanders supporter to pretty much give up everything, go full racist, full science denial, and full, for lack of a better term, "retard" and support Trump.
    I mean, did anyone actually expect Joe Rogan to vote for a Jew?
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  11. #13251
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, if he was a Sanders supporter, and would rather vote Trump after Sanders dropped out, someone who is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Sanders, then he was never a Sanders supporter.
    This always gets me. The only thing Sanders and Trump have in common is that they're "outsiders". And that they're old white dudes. After that the similarities end. Their policy positions are almost all polar opposite. Their views for the future are completely polar opposite. Their rhetoric isn't remotely similar. There's literally nothing about them that the two camps could rally around beyond, "They're not establishment!" which...I mean I guess is true but it also pretty fuckin meaningless because so was Yang, and Williamson, and plenty of others.

    Like, how could someone support one of the most progressive politicians around and then turn around to support one of the most regressive politicians around? Because they like repeating the same handful of slogans endlessly? I just don't fuckin get it.

  12. #13252
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    He has only ever voted liberal by his own admission. As I said, believe whatever you want.

    You want to believe what he said in the moment about how he felt or if you want to believe about how he has voted in the past. The two are not mutually exclusive. Anyone who has ever had long conversation has said things in the moment that if pressed would probably not agree. That of course requires nuance and is something people willingly ignore.
    He said he supports Trump, so why wouldn't I believe him?

    So, you are either saying he's a liar, and cannot be trusted (which makes your entire push to have him host a debate utterly fucking moronic), or you are being inconsistent in order to be deceptive.

    There really is no other answer.

    So, which is it... you made a terrible argument, or you are lying? Pick one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  13. #13253
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Why wouldn't he ?
    Same reason most gentiles wouldn’t.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  14. #13254
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Looks like we got at two who are wiling to do a 4 hour Debate with Joe Rogan, and from what was I heard before each campaign reached out to go on his podcast after Bernie had his interview.

    I don't think Biden will take them up on it.

    If I didn't know Trump wasn't only suggesting it because he'd probably be making money off it...and opinion of Rogan (some reason liberals swear progressives just like Rogan), I would be down for it.

    A sit down between the two candidates on a podcast outside of the crap that comes with debates hosted by the MSM? Let's go.

    No candidate would ever agree to it. Some legal issues would be need to be addressed to with how big the podcast industry has come.

    The idea of a debate/townhall on a podcast is interesting though. Not like politicians don't already campaign on podcasts.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  15. #13255
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This always gets me. The only thing Sanders and Trump have in common is that they're "outsiders". And that they're old white dudes. After that the similarities end. Their policy positions are almost all polar opposite. Their views for the future are completely polar opposite. Their rhetoric isn't remotely similar. There's literally nothing about them that the two camps could rally around beyond, "They're not establishment!" which...I mean I guess is true but it also pretty fuckin meaningless because so was Yang, and Williamson, and plenty of others.

    Like, how could someone support one of the most progressive politicians around and then turn around to support one of the most regressive politicians around? Because they like repeating the same handful of slogans endlessly? I just don't fuckin get it.
    IDK, we have a guy who claims he voted ralph nader twice, than obama, and now is one of Trump's biggest supporters on this forum. A lot of people are just full of shit. I mean I get some people change political views over time, but it's pretty extreme, so no.

  16. #13256
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,470
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    pretty much. all he's got is everyone here is dishonest blah blah he's a victim blah blah blah, can't be right about literally anything, it's getting boring, i'm probably one of the most guilty of it, but done let him derail the thread with his pure bullshit on the daily.
    This election isn't about policy or ideology as been parroted many times so not sure it's surprising that someone might not give a damn about either when they cast their vote.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  17. #13257
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    If I didn't know Trump wasn't only suggesting it because he'd probably be making money off it...and opinion of Rogan (some reason liberals swear progressives just like Rogan), I would be down for it.

    A sit down between the two candidates on a podcast outside of the crap that comes with debates hosted by the MSM? Let's go.

    No candidate would ever agree to it. Some legal issues would be need to be addressed to with how big the podcast industry has come.

    The idea of a debate/townhall on a podcast is interesting though. Not like politicians don't already campaign on podcasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Agreed, but very rarely do they go on podcast with someone who might press them on a policy or position, and certainly not with the person they are running against. I think it would be a better format as well, even if it wasn't Joe Rogan.
    What's "better/different" about the format? Is it just that it would be a more freeform discussion with far fewer rules or something? That outside influences wouldn't come into play like they do with MSM?

  18. #13258
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This election isn't about policy or ideology as been parroted many times so not sure it's surprising that someone might not give a damn about either when they cast their vote.
    This election is 100% ideology. This election is 100% a referendum on Trump. I argue people who don't give a damn about either when they cast their vote, don't give a damn period.

  19. #13259
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Namely the later, perhaps if Debates were still held or controlled by the League of Women voters.
    Fucking hell I'd be down for this. The League does a ton of awesome, non-partisan work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Hell any independent group not so easily influenced by who is going to be running commercials during the debate would be an improvement.
    That's a high bar to meet. A lot of these podcasts are involved in larger networks with corporate sponsorship/ownership, plus you'll have huge demand for influence during the debates from political organizations and companies as well. Even with non-partisan groups like LoWV would face pressure, and they already do at times, so going podcast with it wouldn't be a real "fix" for that problem as it's going to be there in any format.

    And the no-advertising angle ain't gonna happen without serious campaign finance reform. No podcast or network is going to turn down the extremely lucrative debate ads when there's money to be made.

  20. #13260
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Namely the later, perhaps if Debates were still held or controlled by the League of Women voters. Hell any independent group not so easily influenced by who is going to be running commercials during the debate would be an improvement.
    Ie the host asking a loaded question about M4A then cutting to commercials about health insurance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This election is 100% ideology. This election is 100% a referendum on Trump. I argue people who don't give a damn about either when they cast their vote, don't give a damn period.
    Wrong. Voters statically do not vote their ideology nor does the supposed 'referendum' on Trump reflects that. Not mutually exclusive but far from one in the same. One can say their ideology prevents them from voting for Trump or be 'blue no matter what' without really caring much about ideology, policies, beliefs. A large church of Dems fall into the latter, some do it while claiming they are in the former. Words prove otherwise.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-09-14 at 10:41 PM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •