1. #13321
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    It's funny that you think I care about what you have to say.
    Not as funny as watching you tell me... lol

    Either way, the labels aren't important to me, Democrat, leftist, socialist, whatever you want to call yourself. I just enjoy seeing you guys tear each other apart.
    Again, there are no republicans or Trump supporters, willing to defend Trump? Who else do you expect us to argue with? Even a self proclaimed republican isn’t even willing to do it...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  2. #13322
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Nothing in what you posted says anything about declaring a hot war against Russia. Your stat at the bottom, 39% of Democrats think Russia is the country that represents the greatest danger to the US? That says that 61% (a majority) do NOT say that, and even if you DO think that Russia is the country that is currently threatening the US the most that does not translate into declaring war on them. Even higher percentages on both sides of the aisle believed Russia to be the greatest threat to the US during the Cold War, and hot war wasn't declared then either.

    I think what Russia is doing right now, specifically with regards to election meddling, is extremely bad and very dangerous to democracies worldwide. But I am most emphatically NOT suggesting that a hot war is the solution to that. That would be even worse.
    Just because the media and history class doesn't show exactly how close we got to Thermal Nuclear War doesn't mean the rhetoric which will manufacturer consent should be dismissed. More than few times we almost came to blows, it was a Russian officer that actually stopped the closest call.

    Let's check the most recent news?

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ka/ar-BB18tDs6

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...ea-11598914876
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-09-10 at 01:02 AM.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

  3. #13323
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Just because the media and history class doesn't show exactly how close we got to Thermal Nuclear War doesn't mean the rhetoric which will manufacturer consent should be dismissed. More than few times we almost came to blows, it was a Russian officer that actually stopping the closest call.

    Let's check the most recent news?

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ka/ar-BB18tDs6

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...ea-11598914876
    Again, showing us that Russia is doing this, while no one is calling for war... disproves your point.

    This is from 2010... no war... Anna Chapman is a celebrity, Scripal had an assassination attempt:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegals_Program

    Where is the war?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  4. #13324
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Not as funny as watching you tell me... lol



    Again, there are no republicans or Trump supporters, willing to defend Trump? Who else do you expect us to argue with? Even a self proclaimed republican isn’t even willing to do it...
    It's not that I think Trump is indefensible, rather it's that it would be a waste of both our time. There's no combination of characters in any language that could be written that would change your or my mind on the subject.

    Anyone that's not an idiot has had their mind made up on Trump literally for years now. Changing that would be about as easy as convincing an atheist to become a Christian or vice versa. Sure, there's an infinitesimally small chance of some kind of rhetoric working, but realistically it won't happen.

  5. #13325
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    As a Republican, I'm just sitting here with popcorn watching you Democrats lay into each other with accusations of not really being Democrats. Good ol' purity testing.
    I try and reduce anyone's political views into name calling, but I won't sit back and let people characterize me either. I do realize people can view the exact same evidence and come to different conclusion. Many on here see their own perspective as objective truth. I however, won't be shamed into silence. I was hoping we could end some wars here within the last decade, but every administration has failed in every single way they could. The next decade isn't looking any better based on what I've been reading from people posting.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

  6. #13326
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    It's not that I think Trump is indefensible, rather it's that it would be a waste of both our time. There's no combination of characters in any language that could be written that would change your or my mind on the subject.
    Obviously, I would expect a Trump supporter to not notice how funny posting about wasting time actually is...

    Anyone that's not an idiot has had their mind made up on Trump literally for years now. Changing that would be about as easy as convincing an atheist to become a Christian or vice versa. Sure, there's an infinitesimally small chance of some kind of rhetoric working, but realistically it won't happen.
    Yeah, you think there is no issue admitting that you treat politics as a religion and calling those who didn’t shut down for a year, idiots... Are you sure you don’t have the time and this isn’t simply the Republican tact of do nothing, but insult?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  7. #13327
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Oh I forgot, I'm not servile to the Team Blue.
    This is a cop-out to try to paint others as purely tribal and yourself as some sort of victim.

    You're not, you're just wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Therefore I must be in support of the other team that continued to give Trump his War Powers and Spying power, and Military Budget.
    Lemme know who's making this argument, kkthx.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Damn Trump always fooling those gullible democratic leaders into continuing giving the Executive Branch way too much power for any one person.
    I agree!

    But where you're wrong is on the motivation. Congress doesn't keep re-authorizing the AUMF because they're hungry for war.

    They keep re-authorizing it because they don't like being held accountable, and many remember the absolutely savage lashing they received from constituents following the Iraq war vote.

    It's cowardice, not warmongering.

  8. #13328
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I try and reduce anyone's political views into name calling, but I won't sit back and let people characterize me either. I do realize people can view the exact same evidence and come to different conclusion. Many on here see their own perspective as objective truth. I however, won't be shamed into silence. I was hoping we could end some wars here within the last decade, but every administration has failed in every single way they could. The next decade isn't looking any better based on what I've been reading from people posting.
    You won’t be shamed into being silence? Are you sure about that? I see nothing, but silence...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  9. #13329
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Just because the media and history class doesn't show exactly how close we got to Thermal Nuclear War doesn't mean the rhetoric which will manufacturer consent should be dismissed. More than few times we almost came to blows, it was a Russian officer that actually stopped the closest call.

    Let's check the most recent news?

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ka/ar-BB18tDs6

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/russian...ea-11598914876
    Yes...and?

    1. That's Russia acting aggressively, not a US/Democrat issue.

    2. This isn't remotely new. Russia has been testing the waters for a long time. It may be more frequent now but like...look who's in charge.

  10. #13330
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,755
    Self proclaimed republican who's party was turned into a cult in short order making arguments that converting people is not easy. sure.

  11. #13331
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They keep re-authorizing it because they don't like being held accountable, and many remember the absolutely savage lashing they received from constituents following the Iraq war vote.
    Trump vetoed the revoking there of against Iran...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Self proclaimed republican who's party was turned into a cult in short order making arguments that converting people is not easy. sure.
    Hey, at least he found a Jett to agree with...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes...and?

    1. That's Russia acting aggressively, not a US/Democrat issue.

    2. This isn't remotely new. Russia has been testing the waters for a long time. It may be more frequent now but like...look who's in charge.
    We also caught and kicked out Russian spies in 2010, without war or even any harm to the spies. The spies are fucking celebrities and he talks about war?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  12. #13332
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes...and?

    1. That's Russia acting aggressively, not a US/Democrat issue.

    2. This isn't remotely new. Russia has been testing the waters for a long time. It may be more frequent now but like...look who's in charge.
    So now Its Trump fault Russia has a KGB dictator in power? Or you just choosing to ignorant of what happened to Ukraine under Obama?

    Not that the US has a right to take the moral high ground creating a county that went into slavery because of our meddling.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-09-10 at 01:10 AM.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

  13. #13333
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So now Its Trump fault Russia has a KGB dictator in power?
    No, but you should probably get your eyes checked because that's not at all what I wrote. Literally anywhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Or you just choosing to ignorant of what happened to Ukraine under Obama?
    Ukraine is not the US. I don't know why I need to specify this, but I guess I will.

    Ukraine is a foreign country in Europe, and not a part of the United States of America. Russian aggression in Ukraine is the responsibility of the national community to respond to, not just America playing "World Police" and getting involved in another potential war that you claim to not want America involved in.

    Or is this related to something else?

  14. #13334
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,622
    I forgot, are we still being lectured on how to win Florida by the stans for the guy that sunk his chances there by praising Castro? Lul.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  15. #13335
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Self proclaimed republican who's party was turned into a cult in short order making arguments that converting people is not easy. sure.
    The irony is outstanding. It's also funny when people like that say stuff like, 'oh, I'm eating popcorn watching XYZ happen'. If Trump gets a 2nd term and shit hits the fan, they'll be more miserable than anyone. Because they'll still be trying to convince themselves that everything is a-okay.

    Unless someone is voting for Trump for single-issues like whacko evangelical policies or because they despite societal balance, the only people properly benefitting from a Trump presidency are the obscenely wealthy. Everyone else is going to get fucked as he bankrupts the US.
    Last edited by Valkyrst; 2020-09-10 at 01:18 AM.

  16. #13336
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I forgot, are we still being lectured on how to win Florida by the stans for the guy that sunk his chances there by praising Castro? Lul.
    IDK but I'll give him credit, he did successfully steer the conversation away from his dear leader knowing about the risks of covid and lying.

  17. #13337
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    It's funny that you think I care about what you have to say.

    Either way, the labels aren't important to me, Democrat, leftist, socialist, whatever you want to call yourself. I just enjoy seeing you guys tear each other apart.
    The left has always had debates and differences it's called independent thinking. It's a very foreign concept for the right aside from the occasional libertarian all of you only know to fall in line.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Its Trump's home state and there is no senate race. I would keep pressing just enough to make Trump waste what little capital he has left but I would plan not to win Florida. There are other priorities out there.
    According to Trump's own campaign they are very bad at managing money. Trump has been raising money the second he got elected but he is already losing his money advantage.

  18. #13338
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So now Its Trump fault Russia has a KGB dictator in power? Or you just choosing to ignorant of what happened to Ukraine under Obama?
    Uhm... Are you literally now arguing that democrats didn’t do enough against Russia and that they want war? Pick a lane...

    Not that the US has a right to take the moral high ground creating a county that went into slavery because of our meddling.
    Moral high ground? It sucks for Russia to do it to US, for the same reason why it’s sucks when US does it. You have no moral high ground in excusing Russia. We had our fucking language banned by Russia in Ukraine... got forbid we gained independence...

    All the shit you can claim US did around the world, is nothing compared to what USSR did to Ukraine and Poland... But, you justify a former KGB agent action, as retaliation for the evils of US? Nice...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-10 at 01:29 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  19. #13339
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    It's not that I think Trump is indefensible, rather it's that it would be a waste of both our time. There's no combination of characters in any language that could be written that would change your or my mind on the subject.

    Anyone that's not an idiot has had their mind made up on Trump literally for years now. Changing that would be about as easy as convincing an atheist to become a Christian or vice versa. Sure, there's an infinitesimally small chance of some kind of rhetoric working, but realistically it won't happen.
    If you're a Trump supporter and you've had your mind made up for years then you really haven't been paying attention to what's going on. You admit you live in a world in which anything that could change your opinion about Trump is Fake News and couldn't possibly be true. Pathetic.

  20. #13340
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    If you're a Trump supporter and you've had your mind made up for years then you really haven't been paying attention to what's going on. You admit you live in a world in which anything that could change your opinion about Trump is Fake News and couldn't possibly be true. Pathetic.
    Saying someone made up their mind a year ago and nothing will change it, while calling others idiots... is absurd... use the right insults people...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •