Trump gonna lose his shit at this. Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize by Labour MP, Chris Bryant.

A senior British MP today nominated Joe Biden for a Nobel peace prize.

Labour’s Chris Bryant announced his move on the eve of the big presidential debate between Mr Biden and Donald Trump.

He told the Standard: “When others have resorted to violent solutions, he has argued that the best force is the force of argument.

“Because guns can stop a heart but well-placed words can change many hearts, and many hearts can change a world.”

Mr Bryant, a former shadow leader of the Commons, said Members of Parliament had a little-known right to put forward nominations to the Nobel prize nominating committee.

His intervention appeared to be timed to influence American public opinion ahead of the first presidential debate between the Democrat candidate for the White House and the Republican president.

Mr Trump was mired in a row over a report in the New York Times that he paid just $750 in federal income taxes in both 2016 and 2017, after years of reporting heavy losses from his business enterprises.

Fighting back, he insisted he paid "many millions of dollars in taxes" and that he had many more assets than debt, but did not provide evidence or promise to release any financial statements before the Nov. 3 election.

"I paid many millions of dollars in taxes but was entitled, like everyone else, to depreciation & tax credits," he wrote on Twitter. "I am extremely under leveraged - I have very little debt compared to the value of assets."

A right-wing Norwegian MP recently nominated Mr Trump for the Nobel peace prize, citing his role in normalising relations between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Christian Tybring-Gjedde told Fox News: “For his merit, I think he has done more trying to create peace between nations than most other peace prize nominees.”

Nominations for the prize are accepted from any politician serving at a national level, as well as from heads of state. There were 318 candidates for the 2020 prize which has not yet been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Awww c'mon, we've repeatedly asked you to call us by our proper name....Soros' Lizard People, Guardians of the Gay Frogs and Sniffers of Chemtrails.
    W8. Are we seraphon? We have warp infuced lightning blood? And fucking anti chaos pepes?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Former Trump campaign manager getting tackled by the Blue Line, as he screams “I didn’t do nuffin”...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Now this is top tier troll. i aspire to eventually be at this level

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Former Trump campaign manager getting tackled by the Blue Line, as he screams “I didn’t do nuffin”...

[
    GG 2A nuts, they never seem to surprise me in the end.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/polit...ves/index.html

But there's another massive revelation contained in the Times' reporting that isn't getting nearly enough attention: Trump wrote off $26 million in unexplained "consulting fees" between 2010 and 2018, with almost $750,000 apparently going to his daughter, Ivanka, in one disclosure.
    Here's how the Times explained the setup (bolding is mine):

"Mr. Trump reduced his taxable income by treating a family member as a consultant, and then deducting the fee as a cost of doing business.

"The 'consultants' are not identified in the tax records. But evidence of this arrangement was gleaned by comparing the confidential tax records to the financial disclosures Ivanka Trump filed when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii.

"Ms. Trump had been an executive officer of the Trump companies that received profits from and paid the consulting fees for both projects — meaning she appears to have been treated as a consultant on the same hotel deals that she helped manage as part of her job at her father's business."

So consider what we know, according to the Times reporting.

1) In at least two deals -- hotels in Hawaii and Vancouver, Ivanka Trump appears to have double-dipped -- serving as both a project manager in her official capacity as a senior staffer for her father's company and as a "consultant" to those same projects.

2) In those deals, Ivanka Trump's apparent categorization as a "consultant" allowed her father to write off three-quarters of a million dollars. (The IRS allows "consulting fees" to be written off as business expenses.)
    Keeping it all in the family.

Hire your daughter as a "consultant", pay her exorbitant sums of money, write the money off as a business expense.

AND BE SURE TO DO IT FOR THE YEARS WHERE BOTH YOU, THE PRESIDENT, AND YOUR DAUGHTER, AN UNAPPOINTED GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL, ARE IN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Who knew that Ivanka has so much free time in her official capacity that she can moonlight as a "consultant" for her fathers businesses?! And it gets better -

Why? Because of the $26 million that Trump wrote off as "consulting fees" between 2010 and 2018, none is allocated to any specific person or entity. (The Times figured out the $747,622 payment by matching an amount paid in Trump's tax returns to the same sum reported by Ivanka Trump on her financial disclosure forms filed when she went to work in the White House in 2017.)

So we don't know who received the other $25-ish million that Trump wrote off to "consulting fees" during that time. (Worth noting: The Times reports that Trump wrote off roughly 20% of all income he made on projects over that time to "consulting fees.")
    So was Trump paying himself and his family tens of millions of dollars in nebulous "consulting fees" and writing it off as business expenses? That seems a lot like fraud to me.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.glamour.com/story/dwayne...-kamala-harris

Pack it in, The Rock has given his first political endorsement ever to Biden/Harris. The show is over, y'all. Unless Big Show decides he wants to show up and throw out an endorsement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.glamour.com/story/dwayne...-kamala-harris

Pack it in, The Rock has given his first political endorsement ever to Biden/Harris. The show is over, y'all. Unless Big Show decides he wants to show up and throw out an endorsement.
    Paul White (Big Show) made a return last night and was the only wrestler on the show, to be wearing a mask... outside of gimmicks... I am pretty sure I know his endorsement...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Maybe this video would get them to listen to some of the complaints about police...they bother to watch it.

Wish this was in the other thread. I've had to make mental health related calls. Sometimes you don't want to be not all cops are trained to deal with them as seen in the video.

1. He would have been shot if immediately when he placed his hands in his pockets coming out.

2. The officer who called the house and the one who walked him out seemed trained/experienced in such situations. We were assertive while not trying to escalate. The boys who came around the corner view everyone as an active shooter, due poor training or bad management.
    The situation was needlessly escalated and could have turned bad quick if the man was actual a danger at that point.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Maybe this video would get them to listen to some of the complaints about police...they bother to watch it.

Wish this was in the other thread. I've had to make mental health related calls. Sometimes you don't want to be not all cops are trained to deal with them as seen in the video.

1. He would have been shot if immediately when he placed his hands in his pockets coming out.

2. The officer who called the house and the one who walked him out seemed trained/experienced in such situations. We were assertive while not trying to escalate. The boys who came around the corner view everyone as an active shooter, due poor training or bad management.
    The situation was needlessly escalated and could have turned bad quick if the man was actual a danger at that point.
    I really think the tackle was going too far... He didn’t make any threatening or even upset gestures... in fact, I believe they screamed “get down” just as he was about to insult his female friends, while saying she was lying.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

Seriously, as much as I love watching Parscale get bodied this is a perfect example of what "defund the police" is getting at. You don't send in heavily armed cops without training on how to de-escalate/work with people who may be suicidal, armed or not. This could have gone very bad very fast if Parscale himself was armed, especially if he was armed and threatening to harm himself.

Dudes just standing there, shirtless, in shorts, with a beer and clearly kinda day drunk. There's no attempt to apprehend him right before a cop tackles his ass to the ground. Even if he was beating his wife, which is inexcusable and should be prosecuted harshly if it happened, that's not an excuse to come outa nowhere and fuckin level a dude like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    the authoritarian left wing. not all left winger are authoritarians. But a large majority here certainly are.
    How can the left be authoritarian when they want to defund the police?!?!?! Don't you need police to exert your authority?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, as much as I love watching Parscale get bodied this is a perfect example of what "defund the police" is getting at. You don't send in heavily armed cops without training on how to de-escalate/work with people who may be suicidal, armed or not. This could have gone very bad very fast if Parscale himself was armed, especially if he was armed and threatening to harm himself.

Dudes just standing there, shirtless, in shorts, with a beer and clearly kinda day drunk. There's no attempt to apprehend him right before a cop tackles his ass to the ground. Even if he was beating his wife, which is inexcusable and should be prosecuted harshly if it happened, that's not an excuse to come outa nowhere and fuckin level a dude like that.
    Lol, I swear you saw the third point I was going to type but deleted. As you said, it's a perfect case for 'defund the police". Not to get rid of the police but to create proper departments for dealing with particular issues instead of the "one size fits all approach".

I doubt any Republican will actually watch the video. If they watch the video they are going to disassociate themselves from the man claiming he was always "troubled, disturbed, whatever". Or they dodge the video like it's the tape from the Ring while giving him a job in some hidden think tank.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Here’s the conundrum: Florida law states felons can’t vote before paying all their sentence-related debts. Problem is: many can’t find out how much they owe. There’s no centralized system. We saw old debts handwritten on index cards.

Yes a total shitshow. I hope this is overturned but now the way the courts are fixed it seems impossible. If one of them can prove that there is no way to pay fines since there is no records that is infringing on his Constitutional rights.

Welcome to the new Voter Suppressions and courts ruling against voting rights for the next decades.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

brad learning that no matter how much you lick the boot it will always kick in your teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    No, it's hate.

- - - Updated - - -

A serious analysis of CNN's campaign analysis by Mark Dice.

Again, we don't fucking care what this fucking retard has to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Considering he was invited to the White House for a special internet censorship summit, that's not too likely... at least until the election.
    Invited, by Trump? Yeah, such a bastion of truthfulness there.

- - - Updated - - -

Biden has a better chance than Trump to actually win LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Here’s the conundrum: Florida law states felons can’t vote before paying all their sentence-related debts. Problem is: many can’t find out how much they owe. There’s no centralized system. We saw old debts handwritten on index cards.

Yes a total shitshow. I hope this is overturned but now the way the courts are fixed it seems impossible. If one of them can prove that there is no way to pay fines since there is no records that is infringing on his Constitutional rights.

Welcome to the new Voter Suppressions and courts ruling against voting rights for the next decades.
    Bloomberg raised 16 mil to pay off debts for 30kish of them.* The right was bent out of shape on account of it being "illegal" and "vote buying." Weirdly, none of them had much to say either about poll taxes, OR Trump planning to send out $200 gift cards for prescriptions for seniors a couple weeks before the election.

*I also have questions about how that worked given that no one seemed to know how much they owed, but glad it's at least partially resolved.

ETA: I'm pretty sure the court knew the state had no idea how much people owed, and not much of a system to determine it, which was just yet another sickening aspect of the decision. Also, wasn't one of the judges on Trump's shortlist for the SC?
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-09-28 at 11:48 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

are there any state poll numbers to look at that will flip red/blue?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

This has been known about since this shit was passed, and the state has made no apparent efforts to sort their shit out and allow former felons to regain their Constitutional right to vote.

It's part of the con by Republicans in Florida, they know the system is a shambles and forcing people to work through the broken system will achieve the same effect as if the ballot measure never passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a bit silly now. At least Obama was a president at the time, and had managed to do something, like his speech in Cairo. Biden appears to just be "not Trump", which counts for something, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

This has been known about since this shit was passed, and the state has made no apparent efforts to sort their shit out and allow former felons to regain their Constitutional right to vote.

It's part of the con by Republicans in Florida, they know the system is a shambles and forcing people to work through the broken system will achieve the same effect as if the ballot measure never passed.
    Yes, its so blatant but I guess not enough for legal action.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think this is a bit silly now. At least Obama was a president at the time, and had managed to do something, like his speech in Cairo. Biden appears to just be "not Trump", which counts for something, I suppose.
    It honestly looks like some kind of high-end troll. Because you're right, Biden hasn't even been elected yet. What he's done this year for peace is fuck-all, at best.