1. #14341
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sure, there were pissed off people, but were they "undecided" in any way? Not really. When people are that hostile, they really aren't undecided. They have decided to be pissed off and aggressive, and more power to them for that.
    You are getting too hung up and that term. Just becasue someone is undecided doesn't mean they cannot be upset with the man for what he is doing. Likewise being upset with someone does not mean that it is partisan.

  2. #14342
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    That makes no sense, people aren't allowed to call others names such as thing here.
    Because saying you support Trump is not an insult, neither is calling people far leftist or communist. Plus, I very rarely report anyone and I would never report anyone for calling me a Trump supporter...

    I've also continually asked people to not call me a Trump Supporter and let everyone know I would respond each and every time they do it. You haven't lived my life, and so what sets you off should be different then what sets me off. I can take a lot, but I won't be continually maligned.
    Yes, and you haven’t lived ours... SFW? The amount of times people call you anything, versus these rants about it, are not even close.

    He can say the right words now, but that means little to me after his policies he helped champion made the criminal justice system worse. Biden still wouldn't acknowledge that fact just last year.
    Is there anything preventing you from reading the one he wrote with Bernie this year? I don’t understand why last years matters more than today’s... I also don’t understand the point of your trying to swing anything further left, when people actually doing it are not trusted. Isn’t that a catch 22?

    110 pages:

    https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uplo...MENDATIONS.pdf

    No it's perfectly far, despite what I've said, I didn't mean to imply to tell others how to vote.
    Why not? How do you support policy, without indirectly trying to convince people to vote for those representing those policies? How do you separate the policy you support, from people that would implement it?

    I am critical of politicians, even of Bernie, Ilhan Omar, AOC, and especially of my State Senators who are among the more liberal democrats. I've watch my whole life as my parents economic security cut out from below them. That didn't happen under just the GOP, but DEMs as well, and mostly Democrats exactly like Biden. So yeah, I gave certain goals post Biden had to meet for me to believe his rhetoric. Real tangible stuff, but he missed all the marks. Perhaps if I wasn't in such a Blue State I might bite the bullet, but I know Biden is going to win my state so I see no reason to vote for him.
    That’s great... read again what you just said... We are on day 16 of Trump’s defunding of social security, which would be permanent if he keeps his post election promise. Does it help anything to complain and not vote to stop it? I understand that democrats contributed in the past and there is no doubt will contribute in the future, but I’ve been in US for 30 years and I have not seen a Democrat or Republican, take such a stance to defund social security and Medicare through a payroll tax cut. If you are not going to vote to stop that, what’s the point of everything you did up to now? All the work you out in? If Trump wins and simply fulfills his promise, your parents will lose Social Security by 2023. How can you not fight to stop it?

    Edit: oh and don’t over analyze “fight”... I talk shit on a forum and vote... I’m not glorifying doing something special.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 01:05 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  3. #14343
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

    That’s great... read again what you just said... We are on day 16 of Trump’s defunding of social security, which would be permanent if he keeps his post election promise. Does it help anything to complain and not vote to stop it? I understand that democrats contributed in the past and there is no doubt will contribute in the future, but I’ve been in US for 30 years and I have not seen a Democrat or Republican, take such a stance to defund social security and Medicare through a payroll tax cut. If you are not going to vote to stop that, what’s the point of everything you did up to now? All the work you out in? If Trump wins and simply fulfills his promise, your parents will lose Social Security by 2023. How can you not fight to stop it?
    It's simple. He, like Trump, thinks everyone that doesn't support/believe exactly in the policies he demands is ebul and that compromise is akin to weakness. The only response to a person who throws a fit because they didn't get exactly what they want and they lost fair and square is to let them have their tantrum in the corner. He's so determined and spiteful to punish those who did not obey his will that he's willing to hurt himself and those he loves to ensure those who did not acquiesce to his demands and his alone suffer.

    Oh and a lot of his non-sense stinks of the "silent majority" bullshit conservatives always try and push. No really everyone really agrees with him they just all stayed home for some reason. I'm super cereal.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-09-17 at 12:43 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  4. #14344
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,504
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's simple. He, like Trump, thinks everyone that doesn't support/believe exactly in the policies he demands is ebul and that compromise is akin to weakness. The only response to a person who throws a fit because they didn't get exactly what they want and they lost fair and square is to let them have their tantrum in the corner. He's so determined and spiteful to punish those who did not obey his will that he's willing to hurt himself and those he loves to ensure those who did not acquiesce to his demands and his alone suffer.

    Oh and a lot of his non-sense stinks of the "silent majority" bullshit conservatives always try and push. No really everyone really agrees with him they just all stayed home for some reason. I'm super cereal.
    I would at least understand if that was the case. I pointed similar in Trump’s reaction to Comey and Woodward, trusting both because they seemed against Hillary. Then turning after both reported on what Trump said.

    But, that’s not the case... it’s part of why I don’t understand. I keep @ him when panther talks shit about the far left or implies that Harris or Biden are far left. The things panther states about his ideology, is so much worse than being called a Trump supporter. If what you said was true, there is no way he would agree with panther on anything. It’s why all the name calling... people are trying to fit this peg into a hole, because it makes no sense.

    Also, on the larger scale, people he argues with, don’t actually disagree on far left policy. We pretty much all support Medicare for all and major police reform. Policy wise, he would be preaching to the choir. It’s bickering over intent, because the arguments being used are from someone who sees them selfs as an opponent of Biden... just like Biden is to Trump... so, naturally streams will cross...

    Edit: oh and just because I think it was a strange flex when someone pointed to their infraction count as some badge of honor... I have 23 infractions, which includes a couple that were reversed, in 10 years and 51000 posts. I am not afraid to speak up to people and can be a major pest when I do... I just don’t have to be belligerent and get to use it as justification that people who have me on ignore, didn’t do it because I was belligerent or breaking any rules.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 01:00 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  5. #14345
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because saying you support Trump is not an insult, neither is calling people far leftist or communist. Plus, I very rarely report anyone and I would never report anyone for calling me a Trump supporter...



    Yes, and you haven’t lived ours... SFW? The amount of times people call you anything, versus these rants about it, are not even close.



    Is there anything preventing you from reading the one he wrote with Bernie this year? I don’t understand why last years matters more than today’s... I also don’t understand the point of your trying to swing anything further left, when people actually doing it are not trusted. Isn’t that a catch 22?

    110 pages:

    https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uplo...MENDATIONS.pdf



    Why not? How do you support policy, without indirectly trying to convince people to vote for those representing those policies? How do you separate the policy you support, from people that would implement it?



    That’s great... read again what you just said... We are on day 16 of Trump’s defunding of social security, which would be permanent if he keeps his post election promise. Does it help anything to complain and not vote to stop it? I understand that democrats contributed in the past and there is no doubt will contribute in the future, but I’ve been in US for 30 years and I have not seen a Democrat or Republican, take such a stance to defund social security and Medicare through a payroll tax cut. If you are not going to vote to stop that, what’s the point of everything you did up to now? All the work you out in? If Trump wins and simply fulfills his promise, your parents will lose Social Security by 2023. How can you not fight to stop it?
    Being called the support of a fascist is an insult, and it's an out right lie. I don't care how you want to try and spin that it isn't. I take it as one, and I won't be silent while people continue to call me one. If people don't want me to fill this pages refuting it then they should stop with the childish attacks. Similar to how Shimerra had just done. Also I'm hurting the ones I love??? Jesus. LOL I also don't recall saying anything about a silent majority. I think you have me confused with someone else.

    Again people are free to have disagree with me, but if you start insulting me I won't be silent about it.

    Social Security doesn't work that way, and Trump can't Defund and many Republicans wouldn't agree to it either. So trying to scare me into voting for Biden won't work either. I have voted for the lesser evil for the last time a few years ago. All the Democrats or states would have to do is put up a court case against the executive order and it would be put on hold and probably slapped down.

    If you want to get convince people whom to vote for don't waste your time on an sub-forum to an MMO. If anything people on here have only convinced me to stick by my principles. As for Biden I believe his actions far more then his words, and some weak ass task force that Biden isn't going to held too and doesn't even talk about doesn't cut it. I am also voting to stop it, in the my states General Elections, but I just won't be voting for someone who has repeated tried to cut it himself. Not once, twice, but three times, and he said he'd do it again. I believe his words far more then I believe what some staffer put up on his website. I know who Biden is, he has 40 years in office, and he hasn't really changed outside his public opinions changing with the political winds. Biden is now who he was in 90s, and I'm not going to enjoy everyone defending him like they have for Obama.

    As for infractions I have 10, and 4 this year have been me replying to rude comments.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-09-17 at 01:39 AM.

  6. #14346
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Being called the support of a fascist is an insult, and it's an out right lie. I don't care how you want to try and spin that it isn't. I take it as one, and I won't be silent while people continue to call me one. If people don't want me to fill this pages refuting it then they should stop with the childish attacks. Similar to how Shimerra had just done. Also I'm hurting the ones I love??? Jesus. LOL
    Dude, you can call it spin if you like, I am trying to explain to you what the issue is and why there is a conflict. Do what ever you want with this information... I’m telling you, you shitting on Biden and Trump shitting on Biden, is bound to have streams cross. Couple that with the ire you show towards people who call your whole ideology, the collapse of western civilization, you should be able to see the misunderstanding and should be able to easily clear it up.

    I’m sorry, if you are going to argue that your political action is for their best, I get to use it to try to explain when it isn’t. Because it seems like an issue you would care about. No “lol”, you care, so I am going to appeal to what you care about. It’s that simple... I care too... I don’t need edge lord points. I wouldn’t reply if I didn’t care about things like Social Security.

    Again people are free to have disagree with me, but if you start insulting me I won't be silent about it.
    No one is disagreeing with you on the issues... on policy... on shit I assume that maters... that’s my point... I’m telling you how to fix it... you are free to disagree, but I am also free to form my opinion as a result.

    Also, not really true, is it? I’m pretty sure you would get might upset if someone’s opinion was that your dislike of a Biden is Trump related. Again, during this election, you have to admit it’s not a far fetched assumption. As polarized as everything is?

    Social Security doesn't work that way, and Trump can't Defund and many Republicans wouldn't agree to it either. So trying to scare me into voting for Biden won't work either. I have voted for the lesser evil for the last time a few years ago. All the Democrats or states would have to do is put up a court case against the executive order and it would be put on hold and probably slapped down.
    After 3+ years, you are arguing that GOP will stop him? How do you think this won’t be misconstrued? You are suggesting that republicans will stop Trump? Which part of this being day 16 of the defunding, did you not understand? Not soon, but day 16. You think he will claim he wants to defund medicare and social security, instead of it being the tax cut he promised? What Trump have you been watching?

    You think a I’m scaring you, by stating Trump’s promise? But, Trump keeping his promise isn’t scary? WTF?

    If you want to get convince people whom to vote for don't waste your time on an sub-forum to an MMO. If anything people on here have only convinced me to stick by my principles. As for Biden I believe his actions far more then his words, and some weak ass task force that Biden isn't going to held too and doesn't even talk about doesn't cut it. I am also voting to stop it, in the my states General Elections, but I just won't be voting for someone who has repeated tried to cut it himself. Not once, twice, but three times, and he said he'd do it again. I believe his words far more then I believe what some staffer put up on his website. I know who Biden is, he has 40 years in office, and he hasn't really changed outside his public opinions changing with the political winds. Biden is now who he was in 90s, and I'm not going to enjoy everyone defending him like they have for Obama.

    As for infractions I have 10, and 4 this year have been me replying to rude comments.
    Dude... I do it for lurkers... all I want you to do is talk more... you just argued that Trump won’t defund social security as a tax cut, which promised. To complain about Biden’s actions? As far as I’m aware, there is only one candidate that we can judge on actions as president. There is only one candidate that cut funding to social security and Medicare for 16 days... and counting. Where the fuck are these republicans stopping him? Where are they hiding? Show me!

    what’s up my silent lurker peeps!!! Much love!!!

    Edit: Nice touch at the end... Everyone defending Obama, ey? Deporter in Chief Obama? The foreign born Obama? That Obama?

    Edit 2: The pandemic response team having, millions more with affordable healthcare Obama? Thanks Obama?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 02:01 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  7. #14347
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You are getting too hung up and that term. Just becasue someone is undecided doesn't mean they cannot be upset with the man for what he is doing. Likewise being upset with someone does not mean that it is partisan.
    I'm simply saying they aren't really undecided at all. Joe the Plumber said he was undecided, that was not true.

    That woman specifically came off just like Joe the Plumber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  8. #14348
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Being called the support of a fascist is an insult, and it's an out right lie. I don't care how you want to try and spin that it isn't. I take it as one, and I won't be silent while people continue to call me one. If people don't want me to fill this pages refuting it then they should stop with the childish attacks. Similar to how Shimerra had just done. Also I'm hurting the ones I love??? Jesus. LOL
    I call you accurately. You've already been thoroughly educated by myself and others on this form hundreds of time and it hasn't sunk in. You're simply not worth the effort to explain things for a tenth time. I'm not at all interested in how you wish to rationalize or justify your ignorance and indifference because you live in a blue state and your vote "doesn't matter". If you'd like to stop being called a Trump supporter try not using the exact same unsubstantiated nonsense they push along their with Russian troll farm buddies. You have literally called the Russia investigation a hoax, something only sycophantic Trumpers do, despite all the evidence to the contrary. I would go on but again your principles have locked you into a state of ignorance. You are the literal picture next to horseshoe theory demonstrating that far right loons and far left loons once they go far enough end up at almost exactly the same place. Swept up by a cult of personality just like they were.


    Trump's plan alone with literally face fuck social security. As in totally destroy it. And Republicans have happily and excitedly gone right alone with Trump on comparably ridiculous things no matter how badly you've deluded yourself that isn't the case. Now I know you struggle with basic logic but which is worse a cut or a big fat nothing? I'll give you a hint because you can't be trusted to get the answer right. The big fat nothing is worse. Medicare for all or any helpful improvements to healthcare are 100% guaranteed to not happen under Trump. Something you claim to support. While Biden may not go as far as you or I would prefer he's vastly less likely to make it worse, which can be counted on 100% under Trump. To put another way Bernie for you was a lovely slice of your favorite pie. Biden is eating a vegetable you don't care for. Trump is eating a literal dog turd and here you spend all your days crying about the veggie you might have to eat. Yet for some reason you spend most of your time repeating the add campaign that is trying to tell you no it's the veggie that taste like a turd and the turd is really ice cream. That is you actively fighting against the interest of people you claim to care about. You may not have much weight because anyone with sense values your thoughts on things as much as they value the previously mentioned dog shit but you're definitely doing your damnedest to put your thumb on the side of the scale that is worse for your so called principles.

    Most of your posts are following lockstep with Republican lies/attacks, and Russian troll farms, with many of your nonsense whines about Biden and your inability to understand that Bernie lost because he screwed up and didn't appeal to a majority will always cripple you. Just like conservatives the secret silent majority doesn't support you either. There's plenty to not like about Biden. But if you actually support what you claim you do with your venerable "principles" there's once choice that face fucks everything you claim to care about and another choice that gives some of what you want, some less than desirable half or quarter measures, and some of what you don't and the don't is massively less bad. You have refuted exactly nothing and simply continue to confirm what any intelligent person could see from reading one post. You are the left's version of a Trump supporter and you've done more to help his campaign than a full time Russian troll. Criticizing is one thing and it's not what you do. You ring far more like a paid member of Trump's campaign staff to spread the blatant misinformation he pushes.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-09-17 at 02:06 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  9. #14349
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,504
    @Jettisawn sorry dude, super bothersome.

    I'm not going to enjoy everyone defending him like they have for Obama.


    Can you please explain that comment... you do understand how absurd it sounds without explanation?

    Edit: You cannot claim I’m taking things out of context, when I ask for an explanation and show why I might misunderstand.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 02:14 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  10. #14350
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Dude, you can call it spin if you like, I am trying to explain to you what the issue is and why there is a conflict. Do what ever you want with this information... I’m telling you, you shitting on Biden and Trump shitting on Biden, is bound to have streams cross. Couple that with the ire you show towards people who call your whole ideology, the collapse of western civilization, you should be able to see the misunderstanding and should be able to easily clear it up.

    I’m sorry, if you are going to argue that your political action is for their best, I get to use it to try to explain when it isn’t. Because it seems like an issue you would care about. No “lol”, you care, so I am going to appeal to what you care about. It’s that simple... I care too... I don’t need edge lord points. I wouldn’t reply if I didn’t care about things like Social Security.



    No one is disagreeing with you on the issues... on policy... on shit I assume that maters... that’s my point... I’m telling you how to fix it... you are free to disagree, but I am also free to form my opinion as a result.

    Also, not really true, is it? I’m pretty sure you would get might upset if someone’s opinion was that your dislike of a Biden is Trump related. Again, during this election, you have to admit it’s not a far fetched assumption. As polarized as everything is?



    After 3+ years, you are arguing that GOP will stop him? How do you think this won’t be misconstrued? You are suggesting that republicans will stop Trump? Which part of this being day 16 of the defunding, did you not understand? Not soon, but day 16. You think he will claim he wants to defund medicare and social security, instead of it being the tax cut he promised? What Trump have you been watching?

    You think a I’m scaring you, by stating Trump’s promise? But, Trump keeping his promise isn’t scary? WTF?



    Dude... I do it for lurkers... all I want you to do is talk more... you just argued that Trump won’t defund social security as a tax cut, which promised. To complain about Biden’s actions? As far as I’m aware, there is only one candidate that we can judge on actions as president. There is only one candidate that cut funding to social security and Medicare for 16 days... and counting. Where the fuck are these republicans stopping him? Where are they hiding? Show me!

    what’s up my silent lurker peeps!!! Much love!!!

    Edit: Nice touch at the end... Everyone defending Obama, ey? Deporter in Chief Obama? The foreign born Obama? That Obama?

    Edit 2: The pandemic response team having, millions more with affordable healthcare Obama? Thanks Obama?
    How is Trump going to pass a social security tax cut while Democrats control half of Congress?

    Republican states have even opted out of it because they now it doesn't make any sense.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...n-red-states-b

    No major employer has thus far taken advantage of the deferral, and small businesses are also balking. Even some GOP-run states such as Arizona and Indiana have opted out

    “Obviously it’s a delay, and you’d have to pick up in January and pay double,” Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb (R) said this week. “Understanding that, we made the decision to forgo it.”.

  11. #14351
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    How is Trump going to pass a social security tax cut while Democrats control half of Congress?
    How did he pass it, to be active since September 1st? You keep talking about how he will pass it, while we are on day 16? WTF? You are not responding to what I am saying... pay roll tax cut has been in effect for 16 days.

    Republican states have even opted out of it because they now it doesn't make any sense.
    That’s fantastic... are the other states not paying in defunding it or not? Are you defending this tax cut or what?

    Edit: Quoting businesses that the issue is the delay, is not helping your point.

    Edit 2: If Trump extends it indefinitely as he promised, doesn’t their problem go away? WTF?

    Edit 3: Let me guess... GOP will stop Trump kicking millions from healthcare? GOP will stop Trump’s spending? GOP will stop Trump defunding pandemic response team? GOP will force Trump to follow Obama’s Justice reform?

    Edit 4: Still confused why there is a misunderstanding?

    Edit 5: You really should explain how believing the GOP will contain Trump, is a valid argument in 2020, from a far leftist? The floor is yours...

    Edit 6: I just need to walk away from the site for a bit... what far leftist uses business, as a defense of an argument, relying on the defunding of Social Security being slower... because they don’t like that it’s a delay... do you think these same businesses are taking advantage of their side of the payroll tax cut, while saying the above? Want to guess?

    Businesses reject Trump payroll tax plan while postponing their own tax bills
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...x-bills-414899
    Tens of thousands of companies are taking advantage of little-noticed provisions approved by Congress allowing them to postpone paying their payroll taxes until next year and beyond. Among them: Chipotle Mexican Grill, UPS, American Airlines, Wendy’s, AMC Entertainment, SeaWorld and Chico’s.
    Oops?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 02:34 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  12. #14352
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    *Snip* to saved space*
    I read every word of your maligned views of my positions. You're 100% completely wrong about me and my positions.

    If I'm too far left, that means I am to left of the most Corporate Democrats who are Center right.

    A left version of a Trump supporter.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-09-17 at 02:36 AM.

  13. #14353
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    If I'm too far left, that means I am to left of the most Corporate Democrats who are Center right. A left version of a Trump supporter.
    So far left, you think GOP will stop Trump and use business that is pocketing their end of a tax cut, not doing the same for their workers, to defend Trump’s tax cut. It doesn’t make any fucking sense...

    Edit: You really think there is no issue in arguing that Biden is worse, because GOP will stop Trump?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-17 at 02:41 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  14. #14354
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How did he pass it, to be active since September 1st? You keep talking about how he will pass it, while we are on day 16? WTF? You are not responding to what I am saying... pay roll tax cut has been in effect for 16 days.



    That’s fantastic... are the other states not paying in defunding it or not? Are you defending this tax cut or what?

    Edit: Quoting businesses that the issue is the delay, is not helping your point.

    Edit 2: If Trump extends it indefinitely as he promised, doesn’t their problem go away? WTF?

    Edit 3: Let me guess... GOP will stop Trump kicking millions from healthcare? GOP will stop Trump’s spending? GOP will stop Trump defunding pandemic response team? GOP will force Trump to follow Obama’s Justice reform?

    Edit 4: Still confused why there is a misunderstanding?

    Edit 5: You really should explain how believing the GOP will contain Trump, is a valid argument in 2020, from a far leftist? The floor is yours...

    Edit 6: I just need to walk away from the site for a bit... what far leftist uses business, as a defense of an argument, relying on the defunding of Social Security being slower... because they don’t like that it’s a delay... do you think these same businesses are taking advantage of their side of the payroll tax cut, while saying the above? Want to guess?

    Businesses reject Trump payroll tax plan while postponing their own tax bills
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...x-bills-414899


    Oops?
    The fact it's a delay means it isn't a cut. That's how that works. Trump cannot extend it. You know Congress determines tax policy right? All Trump can do is sign or veto, and his veto can be overridden. Granted I'm sure Biden will probably approve of forgiveness for corporations as fast as Trump.

    Trump was only able to kick people off their healthcare, because the ACA was shit and not a universal program. The only way to ensure programs are robust is to ensure everyone is covered. That's why so much money is spent trying to kill any idea of M4A, and even Main Stream "liberal" network frame it from a conservative angle.

    The GOP and Democrats have tried to eliminate social security for 40 years, and it's still here because its one the most popular programs in America. Congress will not eliminate payroll taxes, because every state relies on payroll taxes. It's pretty damn simple.

    Tens of thousands of companies are taking advantage of little-noticed provisions approved by Congress allowing them to postpone paying their payroll taxes until next year and beyond.
    Above quote from your article. Remind me again does the GOP control all of Congress?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So far left, you think GOP will stop Trump and use business that is pocketing their end of a tax cut, not doing the same for their workers, to defend Trump’s tax cut. It doesn’t make any fucking sense...

    Edit: You really think there is no issue in arguing that Biden is worse, because GOP will stop Trump?
    I never argued Biden is worse, I've actually said the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-09-17 at 08:13 AM.

  15. #14355
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    21,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am more concerned about what the politicians do.

    ...like calling POWs disappointments for being captured?

    Too many say all kinds of stuff and make a lot of vague promises.
    ...Like Trump.

    How's that wall coming along?

    Is Trump making sure our trees don't explode first? I hear it's a yuge problem in Europe, apparently.

    Also, what are your opinions on Trump point blank advising people to vote twice, and therefore commit electoral fraud? That all just go billed under "stuff you don't necessarily agree with, but you still like the man?"

    There are many past military leaders who support Trump. So your narrative is based on some who do not.
    I have never, EVER heard a military leader describe any other president as "making a mockery of the constitution" or comparing the president directly to nazis is their leadership tactics, as Mattis has done for Trump. Not for Obama. Not for Bush. Not for Clinton. And not for any president before that.

    The very fact that a general... ANY general... would speak out against the president of the United States in such a direct and lambasting way should speak volumes.


    And it does not matter who got the most votes during the primaries.
    Yeah, it does, because it means that's the person they'll be voting for for president.

    If all of the "all powerful radical leftists" were secretly pulling the strings

    He picked Harris because there is another ( the most important to them ) agenda the far left radicals are pushing for. Biden wins, Harris will be the manipulator of him. The more I learn about Harris, the more I feel she is a horrible pick for VP. A true one eyed jack if there ever was one.
    Yeah all of those "radical leftists" shadow government boogeymen you're implying run some secret kabal really don't like Biden or Harris.

    Though I will say it's interesting to see you playing right into what was long touted as the general republican strategy before any of the democratic nominees had even been remotely settled... they'd try and paint the democratic nominee, whoever it may be, as a socialist, and the success or failure of Trump's 2020 bid would depend on their ability to do that or not.

    I suppose it's good that Biden became the democratic nominee, then, because it's much more difficult for them to paint him as some "radical leftist boogeyman." Even you have to refer to the invented notion of some sort of "insidious puppet master" controlling him, because you can't actually attack his policies on their own merit.

    This isn't a James Bond movie. There are no secret elders of zion pulling the strings out to get you.


    Biden should win and I will not be surprised if he does. But if Biden loses, you can pick as one reason, him picking her as his running mate.
    If Biden loses it isn't going to be because he picked Kamela Harris.

    I'm predicting that a Biden loss will come almost solely from Trump's routine and systematic destruction of the USPS, including but not limited to refusing to fill positions within the USPS because he'd be forced to make its leadership bipartisan, instructing them to fill the USPS postmaster general position with someone with absolutely zero postal experience who owns tens of thousands of dollars worth of stock in amazon and who upon his appointment began to slash the USPS budget, the removal of drop off mail boxes, and the destruction of mail sorting machines. Basically, the complete and total degradation of the ability for the absolutely 100% legal and valid mail-in ballots to be tallied in time or accuracy before the election, the error in counting which could very well swing the margin of the vote in Trump's favor.

    You're totally fine with the president doing that too, right? Or is that just another thing you "don't agree with, but the dissolution of democracy is fine because he lowered your taxes or whatever?"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-17 at 05:07 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  16. #14356
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The CNN (Edit: it was ABC, brain fart) town hall was a trap, no doubt about it.
    Y-you're kidding, right? The thing he knew about and knew would happen was a trap? Really?

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  17. #14357
    this is fucking insane

    https://time.com/5889093/joe-biden-michigan-campaign/

    “I can’t even find a sign,” Sabbe says outside a Kroger’s in Sterling Heights, where surrounding cars fly massive Donald Trump flags that say “No More Bullsh-t” and fellow shoppers wear Trump T-shirts for their weekend grocery runs. “I’m looking for one of those storefronts. I’m looking for a campaign office for Biden. And I’m not finding one.”

    The reason Sabbe can’t find a dedicated Biden campaign field office is because there aren’t any around here. Not in Macomb County, the swing region where Sabbe lives. It’s not even clear Biden has opened any new dedicated field offices in the state; because of the pandemic, they’ve moved their field organizing effort online. The Biden campaign in Michigan refused to confirm the location of any physical field offices despite repeated requests; they say they have “supply centers” for handing out signs, but would not confirm those locations. The campaign also declined to say how many of their Michigan staff were physically located here. Biden’s field operation in this all-important state is being run through the Michigan Democratic Party’s One Campaign, which is also not doing physical canvassing or events at the moment. When I ask Biden campaign staffers and Democratic Party officials how many people they have on the ground in Michigan, one reply stuck out: “What do you mean by ‘on the ground?'”
    Granted anonymity to share candid assessments of the campaign, other top Democrats are more pointed. “Calling a telephone number isn’t a connection,” says one leading Michigan Democratic official. “Some of the same people that said everything was okay four years ago are the same people saying everything’s okay now.”
    Goldman of Fems for Dems says she’s ready to dispatch her army of women to knock on doors for Biden, if only the campaign would ask. The Biden campaign calls her for help finding Republican women who might be inclined to vote for Biden (“you might as well ask me to find you a unicorn,” she says), but not for help recruiting volunteers to knock doors. “I want them to ask me, ‘Give us a hundred women’s names and let us send them out like soldiers into the neighborhoods.’” She’s worried that focusing entirely on phone calls and emails means ignoring voters who may not show up in the data. “If you’re not in the system,” she says, “Joe Biden doesn’t even know how to reach you.”

    Besides, she adds, Michigan is opening up. “If you’re allowed to go to Michaels, or you’re allowed to go to Target, I don’t see why they can’t go to a campaign office,” Goldman continues. Her voice starts to shake as she adds: “I’m afraid we’re losing. I’m afraid we’re going to lose.”
    Even though Biden isn’t knocking on doors in Michigan, other Democratic candidates are. Goldman’s army of women is canvassing to flip the Michigan statehouse and elect Democrats to school boards and county commissions. Slotkin has been working doors in a socially distanced way, dropping off literature in her tight swing district in what she calls a “contactless canvass.” State Rep. Darrin Camilleri’s team has knocked on more than 15,000 doors for his re-election campaign this year. None of them have any Biden literature to hand out, because the state Democratic Party hasn’t finished printing it.

    These candidates insist that canvassing, when done carefully, can be safe even amid a pandemic. I went door-knocking on Sunday with Camilleri in Gross Ile, Mich., and he had the choreography down: ring the doorbell, tuck his campaign literature into the door handle, take two big steps backwards, and wait 20 seconds. If the voter answers—which they often do, since everyone is home—he waves and shouts to be heard through his mask.

    Camilerri, a 28-year old former high school social studies teacher, was first elected to represent a region called downriver in the Michigan House of Representatives in 2016 after personally knocking on 17,000 doors. It’s an area full of the union workers and pocketbook voters that were once gettable for Democrats, but helped elect Trump that year. “Door knocking is the only way, in my opinion, that any Democratic campaign can win” in this area, he says, noting voters in this area “voted for Trump and they voted for me.”

    When Camilleri approaches a small house in a neat neighborhood, Mark Ferrera answers the door, takes Camilleri’s mailer, and stops to chat as his dog scratches at the screen door. A retired union autoworker, Ferrera says he’s a lifelong Democrat who voted for Clinton in 2016. Camilleri will get his vote, but Ferrera’s still not sure whether he’ll vote for Biden. “Right now, the way he’s campaigning—I want to hear what he can do, not just bashing Donald Trump,” he says. “I haven’t heard anything from Joe Biden yet.”
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-09-17 at 07:38 AM.

  18. #14358
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    this is fucking insane
    What's insane?
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  19. #14359
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    What's insane?
    She thinks that because there aren't signs out, it means he is losing. I don't see a single sign in my tiny podunk town, but I know people are stupid enough to vote Trump.

  20. #14360
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Y-you're kidding, right? The thing he knew about and knew would happen was a trap? Really?
    I don't think he is smart enough to know it would happen. He looked woefully unprepared for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •