1. #14521
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Voter Enthusiasm to kick out the fascist??

    IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING begins today in:
    • Virginia
    • Minnesota
    • South Dakota
    • Wyoming

    There are already hundreds of voters lined up in Fairfax, Virginia. Local officials tell CNN they've never seen this many people show up on the first day.
    Big turnout is good. In CA we starts Oct 5. I plan to vote that day. We know big turnouts in the past favored Dems. So the bigger the better.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-09-18 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #14522
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So why is Colombus so outrageous to you but the Aztec king that was sacrificing tens of thousands of slaves to bring a little moisture to the land so easily forgotten?

    Why is the European trader that brought slaves from Africa to Europe so outrageous people like you never mention the slave trader in Africa that pillaged whole villages for slaves?

    Your world view would crumble in a minute if you actually immersed yourself in some historic records instead of getting sucked in by race preaching on a buzzfeed article written by an illeterate buffon.

    It must be so comforting.
    You keep adding more irrelevant strawmen to your argument. This history can all be taught together while acknowledging the Europeans international effects on the slave trade, and the legacy of slavery in the history of the country.

    That Trump, and apparently folks like you, are so opposed to this notion and reactively whinging about stuff like, "BUT THE AZTECS SACRIFICED SLAVES TOO!" is just an attempt to deflect and distract from that history because it's uncomfortable.

  3. #14523
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah, 'cause Trump has never done anything against the Constitution yet and received no consequences for it. Nope. Never. Not once. Nuhuh.

    Because the other shit he did was so award winningly amazing?
    Odd you take whatever the fuck I say, and just insert shit in it's place. Because I certainly said " Trump has never done anything against the Constitution". Damn it, Does every waking word I say have to be against Trump or can I make a point and people actually take it at it word?

    Similar with the second, Why the fuck you are so tripped up over something like this is just you moralizing over something. Goood for you, you're not voting for Trump. I was never going to either. I tend to prefer a Candidates give me a reason to vote for them. Instead I have to vote against Trump, because Biden has done dick to convince younger voters he's going to take their concerns seriously.

    "Give me a break, think they have it tough." - Joe Biden
    His open disdain for younger voters, and his intentions to do nothing but doing woke politics isn't going to motivate shit. Like him playing Despacito on his phone for "Hispanic" out reach. (Oh well he like that song I like, I will certainly vote for him now), said no one ever.

    He is running on next to nothing other than not being Trump, and I think that'll be enough. However, in the middle of a economic depression and pandemic it'd be nice for him to actually talk about his economic agenda. I already now I'm going to be super disappointed.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

  4. #14524
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    24,020
    Publicly, Biden tries to put on a show of concern....but privately, is a different story...https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...ocial-distance

    A former CNN employee noticed that Anderson Cooper and Joe Biden stopped social distancing during Thursday’s town hall when they thought the liberal network had cut to a commercial.

    CNN digital producer-turned-Fourth Watch editor Steve Krakauer tweeted video of Cooper and Biden, who kept their distance throughout the coronavirus-era event, but appeared to get within inches of each other as the camera zoomed out prior to a commercial break.


    “Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage,” Krakauer wrote to accompany the video. “But when they think they’ve gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper’s ear.”
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  5. #14525
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I dunno, isnt there plenty of stalkers to go around? Or is it just two running all these accounts? Also, why do these guys get more animated over weekend?

    Speaking of which, most of our bad-faith brigade is seemingly informed by the same shitty podcasts. Here are some useful links..... get you plagiarism checkers ready

    Kyle Kulinski claims that Trump is more mentally fit than Biden
    Kulinski: "The sun is setting on that dude fast. I do think [Biden's] having issues with his mind not working properly"
    A guide to all the things Kyle Kulinski has been wrong about
    You could also find pictures with Joe Rogan with a number of scientist, including a really good podcast he did with Michael T. Osterholm is who is a leading professional in epidemiology and helped inform his audience.

    What you described Kyle saying, and what he actually said are two different things. I watch Kyle and he spends half his day time shitting on Trump. The entire reason I am voting for Biden is because of Kyle has brought up some of his bigger problem in a way that doesn't talk down to people. (unlike the vast majority of people on here).
    Last edited by Jettisawn; 2020-09-18 at 04:48 PM.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

  6. #14526
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You keep adding more irrelevant strawmen to your argument. This history can all be taught together while acknowledging the Europeans international effects on the slave trade, and the legacy of slavery in the history of the country.

    That Trump, and apparently folks like you, are so opposed to this notion and reactively whinging about stuff like, "BUT THE AZTECS SACRIFICED SLAVES TOO!" is just an attempt to deflect and distract from that history because it's uncomfortable.
    All I know is Trump’s desire to teach a very specific version of history is, once again, a lot like a certain country in Europe back in the 1930’s.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Publicly, Biden tries to put on a show of concern....but privately, is a different story...https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...ocial-distance

    A former CNN employee noticed that Anderson Cooper and Joe Biden stopped social distancing during Thursday’s town hall when they thought the liberal network had cut to a commercial.

    CNN digital producer-turned-Fourth Watch editor Steve Krakauer tweeted video of Cooper and Biden, who kept their distance throughout the coronavirus-era event, but appeared to get within inches of each other as the camera zoomed out prior to a commercial break.


    “Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage,” Krakauer wrote to accompany the video. “But when they think they’ve gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper’s ear.”
    Setting an example is bad even if you know you don’t need to take the precautions. Got it.

  7. #14527
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Publicly, Biden tries to put on a show of concern....but privately, is a different story...https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...ocial-distance

    A former CNN employee noticed that Anderson Cooper and Joe Biden stopped social distancing during Thursday’s town hall when they thought the liberal network had cut to a commercial.

    CNN digital producer-turned-Fourth Watch editor Steve Krakauer tweeted video of Cooper and Biden, who kept their distance throughout the coronavirus-era event, but appeared to get within inches of each other as the camera zoomed out prior to a commercial break.


    “Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage,” Krakauer wrote to accompany the video. “But when they think they’ve gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper’s ear.”
    Two words.

    Trump Rallys

  8. #14528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Publicly, Biden tries to put on a show of concern....but privately, is a different story...https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...ocial-distance

    A former CNN employee noticed that Anderson Cooper and Joe Biden stopped social distancing during Thursday’s town hall when they thought the liberal network had cut to a commercial.

    CNN digital producer-turned-Fourth Watch editor Steve Krakauer tweeted video of Cooper and Biden, who kept their distance throughout the coronavirus-era event, but appeared to get within inches of each other as the camera zoomed out prior to a commercial break.


    “Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage,” Krakauer wrote to accompany the video. “But when they think they’ve gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper’s ear.”
    Of course he's a politician. So he does like 95% of them.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

  9. #14529
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Publicly, Biden tries to put on a show of concern....but privately, is a different story...https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...ocial-distance

    A former CNN employee noticed that Anderson Cooper and Joe Biden stopped social distancing during Thursday’s town hall when they thought the liberal network had cut to a commercial.

    CNN digital producer-turned-Fourth Watch editor Steve Krakauer tweeted video of Cooper and Biden, who kept their distance throughout the coronavirus-era event, but appeared to get within inches of each other as the camera zoomed out prior to a commercial break.


    “Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage,” Krakauer wrote to accompany the video. “But when they think they’ve gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper’s ear.”
    Fox News must be desperate for something to say to make an issue out of that. Talk about mountain out of a mole hill.

  10. #14530
    Legendary! Milchshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Fascists Tummy Aches
    Posts
    6,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Fox News must be desperate for something to say to make an issue out of that. Talk about mountain out of a mole hill.
    Heh they're citing Fourth Watch News as a source. Fourth Watch is basically a low rent QAnon conspiracy site. Run by one guy that refuses to take his meds.


    Fox News and Ghost Panther trying to launder a conspiracy source as legitimate, totally in character.
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  11. #14531
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You keep adding more irrelevant strawmen to your argument. This history can all be taught together while acknowledging the Europeans international effects on the slave trade, and the legacy of slavery in the history of the country.

    That Trump, and apparently folks like you, are so opposed to this notion and reactively whinging about stuff like, "BUT THE AZTECS SACRIFICED SLAVES TOO!" is just an attempt to deflect and distract from that history because it's uncomfortable.
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. That's exactly what you're doing though. To you it doesn't matter at all that any of this happened. I like to talk about everything, not cherry pick events that fit my world view and isolate them from historical context.

    Your outrage is dishonest.

    If you want to talk about genocidal rapists then let's talk about them, don't get angry if I bring other examples and ask you why they don't bother you. Apparently they don't and that's simply not ok.

  12. #14532
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,130
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So why is Colombus so outrageous to you but the Aztec king that was sacrificing tens of thousands of slaves to bring a little moisture to the land so easily forgotten?

    Why is the European trader that brought slaves from Africa to Europe so outrageous people like you never mention the slave trader in Africa that pillaged whole villages for slaves?

    Your world view would crumble in a minute if you actually immersed yourself in some historic records instead of getting sucked in by race preaching on a buzzfeed article written by an illeterate buffon.

    It must be so comforting.
    Columbus is terrible, the Aztecs were terrible, and those Africans who sold their countrymen into slavery are also terrible. No one is disagreeing with that.

    All I'm saying is that American slavery is very much based on racism.

  13. #14533
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. That's exactly what you're doing though. To you it doesn't matter at all that any of this happened. I like to talk about everything, not cherry pick events that fit my world view and isolate them from historical context.

    Your outrage is dishonest.

    If you want to talk about genocidal rapists then let's talk about them, don't get angry if I bring other examples and ask you why they don't bother you. Apparently they don't and that's simply not ok.
    Fine here are the set rules of that discussion, focus on the racial injustices past Americans faced and why racism is still a major issue for living Americans.

    Ready set go!

  14. #14534
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Publicly, Biden tries to put on a show of concern....but privately, is a different story...https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...ocial-distance

    A former CNN employee noticed that Anderson Cooper and Joe Biden stopped social distancing during Thursday’s town hall when they thought the liberal network had cut to a commercial.

    CNN digital producer-turned-Fourth Watch editor Steve Krakauer tweeted video of Cooper and Biden, who kept their distance throughout the coronavirus-era event, but appeared to get within inches of each other as the camera zoomed out prior to a commercial break.


    “Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage,” Krakauer wrote to accompany the video. “But when they think they’ve gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper’s ear.”
    Uh, yeah, let's contrast two people who make sure to promote safe practices while they're on air and may or may not disregard those measures only in private... with Trump, who will only wear a mask in private and who requires that everyone who approaches him have a test done, yet would not be caught dead on camera with a mask and encourages the public to completely disregard safety measure and protocols.

    That's not a good comparison for Trump and you know it.

    I honestly don't understand the arguments against Biden that can be easily be turned around with "Trump is way, way worse at the same thing". Please note, this isn't "both sides", but "your side is objectively far worse".
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  15. #14535
    Banned Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. That's exactly what you're doing though. To you it doesn't matter at all that any of this happened. I like to talk about everything, not cherry pick events that fit my world view and isolate them from historical context.

    Your outrage is dishonest.

    If you want to talk about genocidal rapists then let's talk about them, don't get angry if I bring other examples and ask you why they don't bother you. Apparently they don't and that's simply not ok.
    Why are you complaining about a posters desired educational policy when North Korea is brainwashing their population? Shouldn’t you be protesting them instead?

  16. #14536
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I'm doing nothing of the sort. That's exactly what you're doing though. To you it doesn't matter at all that any of this happened. I like to talk about everything, not cherry pick events that fit my world view and isolate them from historical context.

    Your outrage is dishonest.

    If you want to talk about genocidal rapists then let's talk about them, don't get angry if I bring other examples and ask you why they don't bother you. Apparently they don't and that's simply not ok.
    Oh fucking bullshit, that is EXACTLY what you're doing.

    No one here implied or claimed slavery was invented by Europeans. No one. The only reason you got your diapers in bunch over something no one claimed is because you're trying to obfuscate the issue at hand which is America was founded by white men for white men and because fo that slavery and systemic racism are prevalent in every corner and aspect of the country.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible.
    But in the end, they always fall. Always.- Mahatma Gandhi


  17. #14537
    Banned Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Publicly, Biden tries to put on a show of concern....but privately, is a different story...https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-bi...ocial-distance

    A former CNN employee noticed that Anderson Cooper and Joe Biden stopped social distancing during Thursday’s town hall when they thought the liberal network had cut to a commercial.

    CNN digital producer-turned-Fourth Watch editor Steve Krakauer tweeted video of Cooper and Biden, who kept their distance throughout the coronavirus-era event, but appeared to get within inches of each other as the camera zoomed out prior to a commercial break.


    “Joe Biden and Anderson Cooper are making a point of social distancing during the CNN Town Hall while on the stage,” Krakauer wrote to accompany the video. “But when they think they’ve gone to commercial break, they get so close to each other that Biden is whispering in Cooper’s ear.”
    200000 people. But they’re out of uterus so you can’t control them, so they don’t matter.

    Get bent.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-18 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

  18. #14538
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,092
    Stay on topic, this tangent about slavery isn't even appropriate.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  19. #14539
    I am Murloc! Thekri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    Herman Caine! Fucking hypocrite.
    Nah, you don't understand. Being an independent minded person means understanding that going within 6 feet of another person (While wearing masks) is exactly the same thing as packing stands full of maskless people so that your flunkies literally die.

    Both sides are equal! /s
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

  20. #14540
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferly View Post
    Herman Caine! Fucking hypocrite.
    One less hand to shake...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •