Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Trump Is talking about voter supression and not hearing the voice of the people. And not even acknowledging that a lot of people will vote by mail because of a deadly pandemic.
    His logic that if you send people who I guess were not going to vote is illegal or forgot how he phrased it. Again, his stupid, dumb logic is he does not want people to vote. Now, this is not his intelligence but we know this is his people telling him the less people vote is better for you.

So the logic of the leader of the our Democracy is Do Not Vote.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    No. He really is winning this debate. Biden isn't even looking into Trump's eyes. A debate is supposed to include arguing and disagreement. Political correctness or not, state the facts, get it right, and present yourself as best and dominant and Trump is doing that. I voted for Biden. Your move.
    Why should he look into a liar's eyes? Biden WIPED THE FUCKING FLOOR WITH HIM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    “Proud boys stand by”
    The other day I was wondering if I should buy a handgun for self defense.

Once again I am wondering if I should buy a handgun.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is a better heavy hitter but lacks endurance and actual substance. Biden is easily shaken but knows how push through and stick in there. Trump loses on certain issues be the default because he is too stubborn to change, adapt, because that would mean admitting that he was wrong - something a narcissist can't do. Biden allows himself to be backed into corners at times attempting to appeal to people right of center. Both teams are going to lean on the other side's weaknesses next debate.

5 - 6 Biden.

A win but not a strong enough win when facing an incumbent that has given his side 3, and maybe even 2 more SCOTUS seats. Trumps last point was dumb but something everyone should listen to. No matter who wins Nov 3, the outcome will be messy.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-09-30 at 02:47 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I get the logic behind having debates, but this was just, ugh. I need a drink.
    Yeah - Rachel Maddoff is criticizing both at their inability to properly debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Ah, The Asan woman who became black overnight, Trump won this debate easy, Flawless victory and great internment. MAGA 2020 then 2024 - 2028 with Trump JR. Thank God.
    Mods... what do you do with trolls?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Watched it on ABC. Very end the commentator said: "I've been reporting presidential debates, moderating debates, and preparing presidents for these debates for 40 years. And this was the worst debate I've ever seen."

Accurate.

What a shit show. Further debates need a fucking off button on the mics because the not talking thing that's taught in Kindergarten is too hard for old dudes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Erm...HE FUCKING REFUSED TO CONDEMN WHITE SUPREMACISTS. AGAIN. And he said enough other stupid shit along the way.
    He called them to action and then defended, as well as promoted, people watching others vote...

Edit: I said it before the woman on ABC!!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    “Proud boys stand by”
    He actually fucking said it. Holy shit.

Biggest takeaway is that Trump sounded like a clown to anyone but his most insane supporters when talking about mail in ballots. Biden sounded intelligent and calm about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The other day I was wondering if I should buy a handgun for self defense.

Once again I am wondering if I should buy a handgun.
    Buy a Hi-point. Cheap as fuck and the seem to work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Watched it on ABC. Very end the commentator said: "I've been reporting presidential debates, moderating debates, and preparing presidents for these debates for 40 years. And this was the worst debate I've ever seen."

Accurate.

What a shit show. Further debates need a fucking off button on the mics because the not talking thing that's taught in Kindergarten is too hard for old dudes.
    Biden Was not the kindergarten child here.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yep. Trump would not shut the fuck up, and it was a problem. At least COVID meant there wasn't a fucking audience to hear jeer and scream, too, like last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    No you didn't. You're just claiming that here.

And it's not a matter of being "politically correct". Talking over your opponent--and just flat-out lying the entire time--is not debating. He lost. Sorry, Trumpster.
    Trumpster? I voted for Biden. Oh and what did he lie about? Mistakes and lies are two different things. biden did not lie and neither did trump and what about the DNC talking over eachother? Are they children too?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I think everyone with a functioning brain thinks Trump did terribly tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, The Asan woman who became black overnight, Trump won this debate easy, Flawless victory and great internment. MAGA 2020 then 2024 - 2028 with Trump JR. Thank God.
    India is from Asia and people from Jamaica can easily be black.

Kamala is both.

But why attack her ethnic background? Hmmm . . .
    Putin khuliyo

But Trump is winning, Biden is getting rekted hard. When trump gave his 2 mins, Everything he said was fact-based, Biden has 4 "thing" saying we are weaker etc etc all bullshit. Biden admitted his son is on coke ( Yes STILL is) Sorry lefts.
    I don't know what debate you were watching, but you didn't watch this one. Trump never said ANYTHING truthful.

Couldn't even fucking condemn white nationalists.

I don't think Biden killed it. He sorta trailed off on a few answers. At least he called Trump out on his bullshit. Of course Trump is a shitshow.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Overall, went about as expected. I think Biden performed better than I thought he would, and IMO better than in the primary debates. He fumbled over his words plenty, and I fully expect those sound bites to get a lot of airtime, but his intentions were obvious and he was able to talk actual fuckin policy. And he could follow the fuckin rules. Trump...well, he was Trump and while I missed the first bit of the debate he seems to have performed as expected. Unable to follow rules. Unable to talk any policy. Vague non-answer and non-statements and incoherent rambling. The only specifics he really seems to remember are how many judges he's going to appoint and the handful of attacks on Biden.

I mean...

I imagine that this won't really change any minds.

This will be a great victory for Trump, who totally owned Biden by calling out how corrupt Hunter is and how bad Biden is and was commanding the stage all night. KAGA.

This will be a great victory for Biden, who was respectful and forceful, came prepared and able to talk policy while actually following rules and landing some punches on Trump. Go Joe.

And if anyone was undecided up to this point, this was a pretty perfect encapsulation of the two candidates. I'm going back to that Buzzfeed piece in that I don't think there's gonna be any meaningful movement poll-wise out of this. I'd love to see Biden get a nice lift for being coherent and not needing to be scolded by the moderator like a child, but I'm placing money on only small nudges up/down for each candidate like we've been seeing.

Damn I'd love to be wrong and see Trump's numbers fuckin tank, though.

Props to Wallace for actually dressing Trump down on national TV though. That was nice, and I fully expect the Trump temper tantrum against Fox news before the night is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I don't think Biden killed it. He sorta trailed off on a few answers. At least he called Trump out on his bullshit. Of course Trump is a shitshow.
    Biden needs to drop the politcal correctness. He did it while campaigning. And during 2016. We need someone to fight Trump back. Joe isn't strong as Kamala when it comes to debating.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Pretty much... but, that call to arms and watchers shit, is pretty dangerous...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi