1. #15041
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    how about first accepting that donny lied his ass off in THIS debate before you move on to the next.
    You apparently had trouble following this one, not sure how you can make a drinking game based on content of the next.
    Dude, i think you're quoting the wrong person. I Know that said imbecile lied his ass off, but i'm trying to cope with the fact that a third of americans see him and think "hey, he looks rad"
    I know Biden won last debate. I'm just saying that i'm not willing to watch another shitshow (mainly because of Trump) sober.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-09-30 at 04:19 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  2. #15042
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    According to some self proclaimed progressives, it worked on them.
    This is my fear right now.

    Not that progressives will vote for Trump, that they won't vote at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  3. #15043
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Oh yeah it's always the liberals fault for not holding their candidates to any standards. Those darn dirty liberals, if only they hadn't fielded a well spoken, well educated, well liked black man, then Republicans wouldn't have resorted to a reality TV star! DARN THOSE LIBERALS!!

    Piss off.
    It's astounding how some people literally only see what they want to see. I called Trump a psychopath. That Republicans don't hold their candidates to any standard. And you ignored all of it. This. Is. The. Problem.

  4. #15044
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This is my fear right now.

    Not that progressives will vote for Trump, that they won't vote at all.
    Ahhh... Progressives... Fucking everything up, and enabling fascists since the 1930s...
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  5. #15045
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This is my fear right now.

    Not that progressives will vote for Trump, that they won't vote at all.
    They didn't show up in the primaries either. We're not counting on them.

  6. #15046
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Im going to call a 1-3% swing in Biden's favor over the next two weeks of polling. This is of course based solely on my gut, and absolutely zero quantitative modelling.
    Probably as good as any polls out there.

  7. #15047
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He's posting from an autocorrectPhone.
    iPad... and I need to reboot... it’s skipping every third letter...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  8. #15048
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This is my fear right now.

    Not that progressives will vote for Trump, that they won't vote at all.
    I'm not all too worried. Current projections and received ballots already showing massive turnout.

  9. #15049
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Aelia Capitolina
    Posts
    59,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    It's astounding how some people literally only see what they want to see. I called Trump a psychopath. That Republicans don't hold their candidates to any standard. And you ignored all of it. This. Is. The. Problem.
    Ignoring non sequiturs intended as disclaimers to shield against criticism isn't a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

  10. #15050
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This is my fear right now.

    Not that progressives will vote for Trump, that they won't vote at all.
    I know... I don’t get it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  11. #15051
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Dude, i think you're quoting the wrong person. I Know that said imbecile lied his ass off, but i'm trying to cope with the fact that a third of americans see him and think "hey, he looks rad"
    I know Biden won last debate. I'm just saying that i'm not willing to watch another shitshow (mainly because of Trump) sober.
    yikers sorry fast fingers...my bad
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  12. #15052
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This is my fear right now.

    Not that progressives will vote for Trump, that they won't vote at all.
    Actual progressives are voting for Biden. Cosplay progressives not so much.

  13. #15053
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    This is my fear right now.

    Not that progressives will vote for Trump, that they won't vote at all.
    I am betting that you are wrong.

    This election will be a record breaking election. Some observations from early data collected by “2020 General Election Early Vote Statistics” by University of Florida US Election Project.

    As of Monday, September 28, 1,025,722 ballots have already been turned in. (1,389,103 ballots as of today)

    In 2016, only 10,000 ballots have been turned in by the same time period.

    So far, Nationally, voters have cast 0.7% of the total votes counted in the 2016 general election.

    Based on reports from states with party registration data (FL, IA and NC), the breakdown is 53.8% Democrats, 16.7% Republicans, Minor Parties 0.3% and Independent 29.2%.

    Voters have requested a total of 64,612,936 ballots in the reporting states. (65,125,602 as of today)

    That's just short of half of the total votes counted in 2016 general election.

    Early project data indicate the number of voters in 2020 will be 20% to 30% (25 to 37 million votes) higher than 2016.

    One way or another this will be a blowout election. Both in term of turnout and spending.

    BTW, ActBlue has raised over 300M in small donation since Ginsburg passing. That's 30M per day.

    Thank you Trump for a historically groundbreaking election.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-09-30 at 04:28 AM.

  14. #15054
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You keep misspelling the name of one of the most important SCOTUS cases of the last 100 years and it hurts me. It's "Roe" like "Doe."
    I shouldn't have to tell you this but:

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php...les_guidelines
    Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.

  15. #15055
    Old God Milchshake's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Shitposter Burn Out
    Posts
    10,120
    Frank Luntz's focus group, Ruthie from PA (upper right corner) said she was undecided coming into tonight..... but now likes Biden b/c Trump was behaving like a "crackhead" and made the debate impossible to watch:



    On the nose Ruthie .... very on the nose.

    Reminder, Brad Pascale is just the latest of a long line of spouse abusers that Trump empowered.
    Government Affiliated Snark

  16. #15056
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    yikers sorry fast fingers...my bad
    No worries.
    The only worry i hace is that i will gain some weight from all of the alcohol intake in the next few weeks (as we also have a vote for the next constitution)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  17. #15057
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Ignoring non sequiturs intended as disclaimers to shield against criticism isn't a problem.
    Shield against criticism? Tear Trump apart. He deserves it. That's not the point. The point is that candidates don't feel they need to even answer questions because their base doesn't give a damn anyway. They're in their pocket, so all that really matters is tearing down the other guy. It's easy to justify that now since the other guy is a lunatic. But do you think that's suddenly going to change? Once you create this atmosphere, that's what people expect. And then they act outraged when 'the other side' does the same thing to your guy.

    What I want is an atmosphere where people actually try to fix a broken system. Not try to break it more in their favor. That will never end well.

  18. #15058
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,216
    Like I said earlier, fact-checks of the debates are everywhere if you actually look rather than cover your ears LALALALA I AM NOT LISTENING TO JEFFREY.

    This NBC News one covers some we've already talked about, and a few others I'll now cite.

    1) Apparently Biden pointed out that Trump suggested nuking a hurricane. Trump denies it, and it happened behind closed doors. It comes down to whether you think Axios has more credibility than Trump.

    2) Biden said 1 in 1,000 African-Americans have died to COVID-19 -- fucking ouch, I'd never seen that one -- and that rate would be 1 in 500 if Trump wins. A study backs the first claim but there's no study suggesting the second.

    3) Biden said Conway said violence and riots were good for Trump. He was basically correct.

    The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who’s best on public safety and law and order.
    So either Biden is correct, or Trump is not the very clear choice. I'll accept either. Point for Biden.

    4) Trump said he gained 700,000 manufacturing jobs. He lied by half a million -- he was about 29% correct. Oh, and COVID-19 lost most of those.

    5) Trump said poll watchers were thrown out of Pennsylvania. He's right. They showed up without permission. What did he think would happen?

    6) Trump bragged about the stock market. He has a better percentage increase than Obama's second term, but not his first.

    7) Obama did create more jobs and lower unemployment by more.

    8) Biden says Trump called veterans losers and suckers. Trump denies this, and it happened behind closed doors. It comes down to if you think TheAtlantic has more credibility than Trump.

    9) Trump says Biden called...someone? He suggested African-Americans..."super predators". That was Clinton. Trump is not running against Clinton, despite citing the unverified Russian intel in these very debates.

    10) $750. That is all.

    11) Biden said Trump's budget cuts law enforcement. Biden is correct, although Trump's budgets were worthless and used as toilet paper by the GOP Senate.

    12) Trump asked Biden why he didn't fix the tax code, to prevent Trump from taking advantage. That's a stupid fucking thing to say, by the way, "I took advantage of the tax code". Biden, of course, was not on any committees that handled tax code.

    13) Biden said the GOP report on Hunter Biden was disregarded by even the GOP. What he should have said was "the $3.5 million you're talking about went to the company, to which Hunter Biden owns no shares".

    14) Trump claimed he lowered drug prices 80 to 90 percent. That's horrifying levels of bullshit, and drug prices are actually going up. There is no "insulin cheap as water".

    15) Trump claimed his rallies were safe, Cain you believe that?

    16) Trump attacked Biden on the swine flu. Big mistake. Biden returned with the number difference, 12,000 vs. over 200,000 now, but should have also mentioned they had a vaccine in six months. This would have been misleading because the diseases are nowhere near the same, but Trump brought up the swine flu and it's six months plus past US casualties.

    17) Trump claimed the US response to the lethal outbreak was "great" and, big surprise, basically every quantifiable metric proves he's wrong.

    18) Biden said one hundred million people have pre-existing conditions, and of course, that number is incorrect. It's actually higher as shown in multiple studies. Biden wins that one, because the highest study, 133 million, came from Trump's HHS.

    19) Trump said he was protecting pre-existing conditions. The E.O. he signed was just "we promise we'll try" and is fighting to have pre-existing conditions removed in court. If there was a plan to replace them, it's never been offered by Trump.

    20) Trump said Biden wants Medicare for All. That's false. Trump said Biden would end private insurance. That's false. Biden opposed both of those multiple times before the debate.

    21) Biden said removing ACA protections would kick 20 million people off health care. KFF agrees.

    By the way, those are just the ones PolitiFact didn't cover. The list is actually longer. Fact checks are everywhere, if you choose to look for them.

  19. #15059
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    According to some self proclaimed progressives, it worked on them.
    better known as a very online Bernie Bro with a history of poor life choices?

    Trump is antithetical to every progressive position, not voting for Biden should not be an option for any true progressive.

  20. #15060
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    No worries.
    The only worry i hace is that i will gain some weight from all of the alcohol intake in the next few weeks (as we also have a vote for the next constitution)
    i was 3 days deep with no chocolate. blew that big time needed my comfort food.
    vending machine has been hit hard tonight here mostly for shit to mix drinks with.

    its amazing how many people at work who have a ready suppy of liquor in their vehicles. guess working night shifts.......they come prepared
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •