Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is an opinion piece. But it happens to be an opinion I share -- and based on comments, many others do too.

Trump’s Theory of the Debate Was All Wrong

Now I'll point out that I predicted Trump would do this (come in shouting) because he had no choice. He can't debate his record and he has no useful progress or plans. I'm not an expert, Trump's approach was just that predictable. Yes, "Trump will do something self-destructive and stupid" is the go-to and y'all saw it live on TV.

But he didn't have to.

He chose to.

He has two weeks to get a different strategy. That's plenty of time, however as I just posted in another thread, Trump's health care plan was last seen "two weeks" away, and he promised one in 2015. Maybe Trump will be motivated to change his approach because he will be arrested and have all his money taken if he does not, but if I were in that position, I'd have started prepping for the debates in fucking May. I would not have had aides throw me openings for one-line zingers like it's a Who's Line Is It Anyway? audition, and assumed America's undecided voters (all nine of them) would be swayed by replacing facts and strategy with screaming.
    I remember somebody's signature once said something to the effect of debating Trump is like playing chess with a pigeon. At some point, the pigeon is going to knock over all the pieces, take a giant shit all over the board, and then strut around and declare victory.

That is pretty much exactly what happened Tuesday night.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Are you sure? That circle looks like a globe and those are pretty scary.
    It's on a flat surface, he can pretend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Trump: "I lose Minnesota, I'm never coming back."
    https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/1...740101633?s=19

Well, I didn't need more convincing but to never see him back in my state. Okay.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s a couple of days old, but I want to borrow Guess The Speaker:

Project Veritas offers further evidence of the need to ban ballot harvesting
    For reference, that “evidence” was claiming Omar is stealing ballots and has some money scheme to cheat elections.

Tulsi Gabbard:
    https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/sta...68812883496966
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Hillary was never at any point in time this far ahead, and with a lead so stable.
    Biden has been 6-8 points ahead of Trump since may. And probably after the debates he'll be 7-9 points ahead. I know that this is weird because of the shock and horror of 2016 and the polls, but generally speaking, a 6-8 point lead is a commanding one in a normal circumstance. But yeah, the orange cancer could win. It's very unlikely, but he could eke out an electoral college win .
    First off, that's not really true...there were many times were Hillary was polling at least 6 points ahead of Trump.
    Second, Even up to the day of the election...all the experts were saying that Donald Trump had virtually no path to victory.
    Third, polls only matter if everyone who was polled actually votes.

Hillary lost because voter turnout was low. If that happens again, Biden could easily lose. So everyone that wants trump out of office needs to go and vote...because everyone that wants him to stay there will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    To be fair, 2016 wasn't normal circumstances either.
    Yes, that's the entire point. People need to stop talking about "normal circumstances" and deal with the situation as it is...not how it would usually be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Hillary lost because voter turnout was low. If that happens again, Biden could easily lose. So everyone that wants trump out of office needs to go and vote...because everyone that wants him to stay there will.
    That’s Trump’s whole tact. That’s what “you now lost the radical left” meant, when he said it during the debates. Trump is not running to get more votes, but to make people so disgusted by the process, that they won’t vote. Be it in the sense of coverage with headlines of the most disgusting debate in history, while telling progressives not to vote either.

Think about it... How does it help Trump, to force Biden to claim that he doesn’t support Medicare for all and to say Law and Order, if him doing so, would give Trump supporters an alternative to Trump? If Trump is trying to gain votes, why is part of his tact to claim Biden is like him? How does bringing up Biden’s criminal justice reform, gain Trump votes? Because the point is people not voting, are inadvertently helping Trump win. A chaotic debate where MSM claims our process is shit... is a win for Trump...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    It's on a flat surface, he can pretend.
    Don’t worry... what goes around, comes around...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s Trump’s whole tact. That’s what “you now lost the radical left” meant, when he said it during the debates. Trump is not running to get more votes, but to make people so disgusted by the process, that they won’t vote. Be it in the sense of coverage with headlines of the most disgusting debate in history, while telling progressives not to vote either.

Think about it... How does it help Trump, to force Biden to claim that he doesn’t support Medicare for all and to say Law and Order, if him doing so, would give Trump supporters an alternative to Trump? If Trump is trying to gain votes, why is part of his tact to claim Biden is like him? How does bringing up Biden’s criminal justice reform, gain Trump votes? Because the point is people not voting, are inadvertently helping Trump win. A chaotic debate where MSM claims our process is shit... is a win for Trump...
    I mean, that's what I'm saying...people not voting is what got Trump elected. People not voting again is whats going to keep Trump in office.
    If people want Trump out of office...they need to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Mark_Dice

He's just another rightwing lunatic that has successfully converted several rightwingers on this forum to his lunatic cult.
    From the Wiki:
    "Mark Dice has recently castigated the Flat Earth conspiracy crowd by ridiculing them mercilessly in recent YouTube videos. He breaks away from his Biblical texts that tend to show it to be a book promoting a geocentric, stationary, and enclosed system. Mark Dice has taken to task rapper B.o.B. who recently attacked Neil DeGrasse Tyson in his songs over the standard "ball Earth" stance.[47] Mark Dice also did a followup video making fun of the "Flat Earthers" calling him a government shill covering up the truth of an Illuminati conspiracy to hide the true shape of the world.[48] Instead of wasting time debunking their rants he told the commenters to go back to elementary school and read a book. "

WTH? Why does Hammerhead like this guy?!?!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    WTH? Why does Hammerhead like this guy?!?!!
    This part:

Mark Shouldice (born 1977), better known as Mark Dice, is an ultraconservative Christian American conspiracy theorist, social critic, activist, professional bullshitter and author. He professes conspiratorial beliefs about the New World Order (NWO) and the Illuminati and their evil plans to destroy Christianity and humanity, and bring about a one world communist government ruled by the Satanic left-wing Antichrist who will make everyone wear Google Glasses.
    It’s why he doesn’t discuss it... if he posted those videos in text or even discussed them, he would be infracted. The use of videos to push these conspiracy theories, without saying anything about it, seems to let him skirt the rules.

Edit: It’s why I am so brazen in making shit up about the content of his videos. I know he can’t correct me or he will get infracted.

Don’t worry... what goes around, comes around...

This part:

It’s why he doesn’t discuss it... if he posted those videos in text or even discussed them, he would be infracted. The use of videos to push these conspiracy theories, without saying anything about it, seems to let him skirt the rules.

Edit: It’s why I am so brazen in making shit up about the content of his videos. I know he can’t correct me or he will get infracted.
    Yeah but there's gotta be other butthurt white faux Christians out there. The US is full of them!

10+ Year Old Account

Biden could not have a health care plan at all, and I know me, and just about everyone I know would vote for him. All he has to do, is not be Trump.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Was in RCP a few minutes ago and didnt see anything new regarding polls. Ya know when we'll see the first post debate ones?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Republicans are thieves of bread.

Democrats are thieves of joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Biden could not have a health care plan at all, and I know me, and just about everyone I know would vote for him. All he has to do, is not be Trump.
    What's gonna be funny is, if Biden wins, the Republicans decide to do a "revenge impeachment" on him....and so many democratic voters will just be "meh"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Was in RCP a few minutes ago and didnt see anything new regarding polls. Ya know when we'll see the first post debate ones?
    Usually takes a couple of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's gonna be funny is, if Biden wins, the Republicans decide to do a "revenge impeachment" on him....and so many democratic voters will just be "meh"
    I absolutely expect Trump to attempt to thwart the election results if he loses. It is basically what he said about the 'Peaceful Transition', that he is going to do the same thing that was done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I absolutely expect Trump to attempt to thwart the election results if he loses. It is basically what he said about the 'Peaceful Transition', that he is going to do the same thing that was done to him.
    Yeah, I don't think that's exactly the way people are worried about regarding Trump and peaceful transition...

- - - Updated - - -

Those aren't post-debate polls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't think that's exactly the way people are worried about regarding Trump and peaceful transition...
    Indeed. Especially with his recent call to action. 2020's disaster of a year was only the beginning. I expect the looming threat of civil war to be what 2021 has to offer.

Those aren't post-debate polls...
    I didn't say they were? Just provided an update as per whatever data is available.