Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Ah. The guy who's not an MD.

Good luck, White House and campaign staff!
    There's no real difference in terms of anything important between an MD and DO.They have the same training and licensing, the only difference is that DO has training in a few extra areas.

If he's clearing him incorrectly its not because of his degree, its more likely because he's literally following orders.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I own a few old Dilbert books and like...I'm starting to feel kinda gross about that at this point.
    He's been a Trump stan for ages. It's sad.

Man, I own a few old Dilbert books and like...I'm starting to feel kinda gross about that at this point.
    Things like this make me realise the cultural difference between me and the rest of the world.

To me i read that and it looks like top notch humour.

I could be wrong ofc, he could fully belive it is, but playing into absurdity is a common trope of humour where I'm from, so when I read things like this and like flat earth stuff, my immediate reaction is its a joke to fool to stupid people.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-10-09 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not quite what I hoped for.

But it'll do.

ABC News announces town hall with Democratic nominee Joe Biden

So while the CPD did not arrange to have Biden just appear next to an empty stool handling softball questions, ABC News said "well we have time to fill, you want in?"

The article also contains this:

The president claimed multiple times after the first debate that Biden would be the one to cancel the debates.

"Joe Biden is too weak to lead this country," Trump said at a rally in Minnesota late last week. "You know Biden lost badly when his supporters are saying he should cancel the rest of the debates. Now, I understand he is canceling the debates. Let's see what happens. I think that's not going to be a good move for him."
    Hmm. Did Biden actually suggest canceling, before Trump announced he was positive? The debate was Sept 29. Trump said that Sept 30. It was 24 hours almost exactly. Yeah, I know Trump said Biden's supporters said that, but Trump's supporters say anything from "the Earth is flat" to "White Power!" so that's not necessarily indicative.

Let's see who said that. It's a pretty narrow timeframe to work with....ah, good news, FOX News has a list. It's pretty much all journlists, so that explains why Trump thinks they're Biden supporters (or, Trump is lying). And here's what they said:

This is a disgrace, a low point in American debate history. There is no reason, not one, that Joe Biden should participate in another debate.
    Yes. Cancel them. The debates are now a danger to public safety and a direct threat to Black life. Cancel the debates.
    Cancel the rest of the presidential debates. No need to continue legitimizing Nazism, white supremacy, violence and lies.
    Oh...Trump left out the part, where people said Biden should cancel, because Trump was calling out white supremacists to "stand by". Whoops.

Neither FOX News, nor any other site I found, had a member of Biden's actual team suggesting cancelling. I found the opposite.

"I don’t know how many different ways we can say it. Yes, we are going to do the debates," Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield said in a post-debate call with reporters.

"I would imagine there will be some additional conversations [with the Commission on Presidential Debates]. But yeah, we are committing to attending the debates," she said.
    That story was from 0:08 Sept 30. Meaning, they said it about 18 hours before Trump said the opposite and pretended it was true. Or, again, he considers journalists to be Biden supporters.

Regardless, Trump fled and left a big chunk of empty air time. ABC News was just smart enough to capitalize on it. Trump has already said he'll do a rally, which considering the timeframe he'll probably be healthy enough to do (Saturday is...less certain). But it won't be broadcast on a major network. In fact, if you were any news network other than FOX News, OANN, or...I don't know, Comedy Central maybe? Would you, having dedicated air time to the debate, only for Trump to cancel, carry Trump's rally instead? Or, possibly angry that you're about to lose a bunch of viewers to ABC News, show syndicated reruns and snub your virtual nose?

Fun fact: the ABC News town hall will be in Philadelphia. Wasn't Trump supposed to campaign in Pennsylvania? Hold on, let me look at some recent stories.

The election appears to be slipping away from Trump in Pennsylvania

Nope...

Pennsylvania Health Department asks Trump rally attendees to use contact tracing app

Nope, that was Trump's campaign in Middletown, home of a really good diner, Sept 26.

Pennsylvania Says Trump 'Empty-Handed' in Proving Ballot Fraud

HAHAHAHAHA but no, still not it...

Ah, here we go, Maggie Haberman, a White House correspondent with the New York Times, tweeted the campaign was exploring the possibility of holding an event, but not a rally, citing three people familiar with the planning.

NBC News political reporter Monica Alba confirmed this, saying Trump is “eager” to get back on the campaign trail, although it is unclear when he will be medically cleared to travel.

Early reactions to the plan have been critical, with Pittsburgh Mayor tweeting that he believed people with COVID-19 had to quaratine for 14 days.

I thought those who even were in the presence of COVID-19 are to quarantine for 14 days? One sure way that Pittsburgh’s residents can be heard...

Vote...like your life depends on it.
    So an event, not a rally, at some point this coming week, which will be before or after the rally he has during Biden's free advertisement (HAH). Considering he was just there Sept 22, no really he held an airport rally because his fat ass is too slow to move off the goddam runway, so he must be really desperate.

(checks polling numbers)

Oh. Right.

There is currently nothing on Trump's campaign calendar, which will make it pretty tough for people who want to attend. And get exposed. And possibly die.

Thanks but no thanks.

After a spike this summer, we are doing very well on stopping the spread of #COVID19.

We won't jeopardize that success & I hope the *President of the United States* would never deliberately try to do so.
    -- Rich Fitzgerald, Allegheny County Executive, elected official, Democrat

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    There's no real difference in terms of anything important between an MD and DO.They have the same training and licensing, the only difference is that DO has training in a few extra areas.

If he's clearing him incorrectly its not because of his degree, its more likely because he's literally following orders.
    Do your doctors not take the hipocratic oath anymore ?

Surely he's well within violation of medical ethics,

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I could be wrong ofc, he could fully belive it is, but playing into absurdity is a common trope of humour where I'm from, so when I read things like this and like flat earth stuff, my emigrate reaction is its a joke to fool to stupid people.
    Oh, Scott's joking in this instance, but he's a full-on Trump supporter. I wasn't referencing his Tweet so much as the followup Tweets from people who DO believe there was some sort of conspiracy drone.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Companies distance from pro-Trump commentator after vulgar Harris tweet

*cough* Sorry.

Hill has since returned to work on Trump's campaign, where he has continued to tweet other vulgar things in a more welcoming environment to calling women monsters.

--10AM today, not kidding.
    Head of PR firm severely damages his company cause he's bad at PR. ha!

Things like this make me realise the cultural difference between me and the rest of the world.

To me i read that and it looks like top notch humour.

I could be wrong ofc, he could fully belive it is, but playing into absurdity is a common trope of humour where I'm from, so when I read things like this and like flat earth stuff, my immediate reaction is its a joke to fool to stupid people.
    They were funny books. I read them. I was probably never going to read them again, I got what I wanted out of them. so they're literally just sitting on my bookshelf taking up space as part of my collection. They won't be missed other than being a reminder of how disappointed in Scott Adams I am.

I think you're overthinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oh, Scott's joking in this instance, but he's a full-on Trump supporter. I wasn't referencing his Tweet so much as the followup Tweets from people who DO believe there was some sort of conspiracy drone.
    He's been sliding right since before gamer gate, but he's mostly seemed like one of those right wingers that's not right wing for the right wing, he's right wing because he deeply hates the left wing for what ever reason, or thats how he's come across to me.

Kinda like a few people I know who voted tory here in the last election, it wasn't because they liked or cared about tory policy's it was simply because they absolutely hated corbyn and took great delight at watching him suffer after the election.

But thats just impression I got from his political blog posts, which I admit I haven't read in a few years now.

- - - Updated - - -

They were funny books. I read them. I was probably never going to read them again, I got what I wanted out of them. so they're literally just sitting on my bookshelf taking up space as part of my collection. They won't be missed other than being a reminder of how disappointed in Scott Adams I am.

I think you're overthinking this.
    Probly, though this is touching on the whole "is it ok to like the work of a dick head" debate, the old lovecraft problem.

So I dunno its up to personal opinion. I've never stopped reading and appreciating lovecrafts work and he held waaaaaay worse views than Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Head of PR firm severely damages his company cause he's bad at PR. ha!
    Remind me, how much was the gender gap between the dotard and Biden?

And you like to answer leading questions?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

So I dunno its up to personal opinion. I've never stopped reading and appreciating lovecrafts work and he held waaaaaay worse views than Adams.
    Though it's certainly getting off-topic, I'll just say that many people have pointed out that there's a difference between reading the work of a guy who's long dead and whose creative output is now in the public domain, and the work of someone who's still alive to profit off of book sales and spread their obnoxious views.

But, again, not really the topic here so I won't be continuing with this. Just food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do your doctors not take the hipocratic oath anymore?
    Only about 11% of doctors in North America take that oath.

It makes sense, given that there are few physicians who worship Apollo, Asclepius, Hygieia, or Panacea nowadays.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    This is easy. To buy a boat (a ridiculously expensive item, btw) i need to have a decent amount of income. Which i dont have, because finding a job in a post covid market, especially for a person with ASD is extremely dificult, to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd kill for the money to be able to buy a bike, let alone a car, let alone a fucking boat.
    Quick google shows brand new nice boats (fishing boats, suitable for roaming around on a lake or towing a tube/water skis, not a 25' boat you can have a party on, nothing close to a big yacht) in the $10-15k range. Finding one used in decent condition for $5k in local markets/craigslist/etc seems plausible. That's not that far out of reach for a typical middle class family with 2 incomes taking home 100-150k annually.

- - - Updated - - -

Um...campaign on issues that help the American people and not "because Trump said so"?
    No, you misunderstand.

He asked what route the GoP has towards elections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Scott Adams has made me wonder about Dilbert: what if Dilbert is actually being treated fine by his employers and colleagues, but he's an aggrieved anti-PC snowflake who has paranoid delusions about everyone at work oppressing him?

And then he goes home to dwell in his incel-ness.

Makes sense to me. I think I figured it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden campaign raises $12 million during the VP debate.

Yes, some was from selling flyswatters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden campaign raises $12 million during the VP debate.

Yes, some was from selling flyswatters.
    I gotta say their meme game is on point and ready to strike.

Damn, wouldn't it be nice to have a president and team with even the remotest sense of well-placed humor and wit?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Only about 11% of doctors in North America take that oath.

It makes sense, given that there are few physicians who worship Apollo, Asclepius, Hygieia, or Panacea nowadays.
    Doesn't have to be an old god, just has to be a god of healing, which can be the Christian God.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Scott Adams has made me wonder about Dilbert: what if Dilbert is actually being treated fine by his employers and colleagues, but he's an aggrieved anti-PC snowflake who has paranoid delusions about everyone at work oppressing him?

And then he goes home to dwell in his incel-ness.

Makes sense to me. I think I figured it out.
    I dunno dilbert the charicture pre dates Scott's current political views, and is more a commentary on Scott's earlier working life as an office drone.

Personally I see it the other way, that corporate oppression of the work force, that faceless under appreciation breeds alt-right world views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ml?jwsource=cl

There were a few interruptions during the debate but it was mostly just going over the allotted time, I laughed hard when Kamala talked to Pence like a child but i was more shocked he actually stopped talking.
    She used the Parent Voice. When a Mother uses the Parent Voice...Mikey likes it and listens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    A moment for a quick laugh and because Elgiac mentioned Jeff Goldblum earlier....

Apparently Goldblum fans want him to make a cameo on SNL as the VP Debate Fly:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ly/5919924002/
    He's already in epic literature. The fly that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but then you have...

- - - Updated - - -

He's been sliding right since before gamer gate, but he's mostly seemed like one of those right wingers that's not right wing for the right wing, he's right wing because he deeply hates the left wing for what ever reason, or thats how he's come across to me.

Kinda like a few people I know who voted tory here in the last election, it wasn't because they liked or cared about tory policy's it was simply because they absolutely hated corbyn and took great delight at watching him suffer after the election.

But thats just impression I got from his political blog posts, which I admit I haven't read in a few years now.

- - - Updated - - -

Probly, though this is touching on the whole "is it ok to like the work of a dick head" debate, the old lovecraft problem.

A lot of people can separate the author from their work because it doesn't affect them personally. I loved the first Ender's Game books. Then I found out Card's views on homosexuality and gay marriage. Because it affected me, that someone who gave me hours of enjoyment with his books, had such a view of people like me, ruined it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Dr. Conley is an officer in the military. He has to take orders from his superiors, even if it conflicts with his oath. There is no higher superior than the POTUS for an enlisted person. People need to jump off this guy's case, he has no choice.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    This TheHill analysis explains how Trump is between a rock and a fat ass hard place on the debates. It's a lot of stuff we've discussed, but here's the key line:

The difficulty for Trump, as the author of “The Art of the Deal” surely knows, is that he has no real leverage.
    That alone explains why he's acting the way he does -- rarely has someone actually had the ability to put him in his place, and suffer no ill consequences. The CPD is merely enforcing their rules.

Asked how deep a hole Trump was in, former Republican National Committee communications director Doug Heye replied, “It looks pretty deep. We all know it was deep this time four years ago, when the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape came out, but this time it appears deeper, in key states and in more states.”

Heye pointed out that Trump faces other problems, too. Regular campaigning is constrained by the coronavirus outbreak, depriving Trump of the ability to do as many large rallies as he did in 2016, even if he were healthy. Biden, meanwhile, does not suffer from the high negative ratings that afflicted 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

The Trump campaign for the moment appears to be banking on a siege mentality. The president and his aides have ramped up efforts to portray themselves as victims of bias and political chicanery.

The commission overseeing the debates is “trying to protect Biden. Everybody is,” Trump said in a Thursday morning interview with Maria Bartiromo of Fox Business Network.

The president made the remarks soon after the commission had announced the idea of a virtual debate, only for Trump to say that he would not “waste my time” with such an event.

Trump is presumed to favor in-person debates because they make it easier to take the aggressive approach that is his trademark. Virtual debates make interruptions more difficult, and would also enable a moderator to mute Trump entirely.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    People need to jump off this guy's case, he has no choice.
    "I was only following orders" is what Lawful Evil people say when they get caught. He can resign in protest.