Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It would honestly be a bad look for him if he declared war on china over this.
    You shouldn't put it past him, though. And Trump has many many supporters already sympathizing with his infection. China's trust with the world at large is at its lowest ever.

All in all, it's not hard to imagine this will bring in a ton of votes and approval ratings by virtue of inspiring American nationalism. I don't doubt his infection, but this is a very advantageous situation for Trump overall. If he dies, he goes down as a hero because of the insane fervor it will incite. The same fervor people are so worried about now.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2020-10-02 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    All in all, it's not hard to imagine this will bring in a ton of votes and approval ratings by virtue of inspiring American nationalism.
    Over a man that lied about the virus and responded with “it is what it is” to 1000 dead a day? What?

Why wouldn’t the public respond with “it is what it is”?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't put it past him, though. And Trump has many many supporters already sympathizing with his infection China's trust with the world at large is at its lowest ever.

All in all, it's not hard to imagine this will bring in a ton of votes and approval ratings by virtue of inspiring American nationalism. I don't doubt his infection, but this is a very advantageous situation for Trump overall.
    Oh I know those who don't think logically about things sympathize with him. But now in our 7th month, he didn't declare war when our citizens have died. He didn't declare war when other word leaders were infected. He didn't declare war as our economy was ravaged. If he did only when he himself was infected, that is not a good look. It only furthers the view of his selfishness.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It would honestly be a bad look for him if he declared war on china over this.
    What would be a good look? Admitting he was wrong and actually doing something about covid?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What would be a good look? Admitting he was wrong and actually doing something about covid?
    There really is not good look right now. It is too late. But sympathizing for our own people who have gone through the infection would likely be better than nothing.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

No. I'm a fucking patriot. And this news was a grim possibility now made reality. All I could do in the wake of this happening is place a firm vote on Trump again and hope he makes it out alive for it to be validated. No doubt it will inspire more people to do the same.
    You are pushing bullshit conspiracy theories, and aren't even an American.

That’s not how vaccines work...
    Since when do facts stop Trump.

Ah, the conservative concern trolls who have spent the last 6 months screaming at the normal people for being concerned about the lives of people more than muh economy, now shaking their fists at the normal people who don't have as much sympathy for the guy who said everyone should be willing to die for muh economy.

I don't wish harm on Trump, because I want the opportunity to see his supporters' downy little faces fall in horror when election results roll in. Sure, there's a possibility that he wins, but there's no possibility that he loses the process itself if he dies. I want this minority extremist group to actually lose.

But I definitely want him to have some symptoms. Not out of cruelty, but because maybe he'll take this shit seriously and understand that it's not a good time for a lot of people. Maybe if he actually has to experience this virus, we can get some god damn sanity out of the White House on it.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2020-10-02 at 12:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are pushing bullshit conspiracy theories, and aren't even an American.
    Are you sure? The “again” at least implies a second vote...

Are you sure? The “again” at least implies a second vote...
    It's his choice of word usage through the years, and all those threads he's started.

Whether Trump dies or recovers, I hope to god that is finally a clause for declaration of war on China for attempted assassination.
    You want nuclear war because your dear leader who holds super spreader events every week may have COVID. I highly suggest you get some help you clearly need it for wishing the death of billions because of Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys... You can’t start a conspiracy theory, on nothing more than... ‘well, this is Trump’... an obese 73 year old Trump recovering quickly, would reaffirm Biden’s Park Ave vs Scranton... since 210000 Americans died... while he recovered quickly...

Guys... You can’t start a conspiracy theory, on nothing more than... ‘well, this is Trump’... an obese 73 year old Trump recovering quickly, would reaffirm Biden’s Park Ave vs Scranton... since 210000 Americans died... while he recovered quickly...
    Or maybe he will only recover if he see it doesn't help his polling after dodging the debates.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all, it's not hard to imagine this will bring in a ton of votes and approval ratings by virtue of inspiring American nationalism. I don't doubt his infection, but this is a very advantageous situation for Trump overall. If he dies, he goes down as a hero because of the insane fervor it will incite. The same fervor people are so worried about now.
    Fervor among who, exactly?

Like, that's the thing - Trump barely won in 2016 and that was with his base energized all to shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

Like, that's the thing - Trump barely won in 2016 and that was with his base energized all to shit.
    With Hillary’s pneumonia, being the opposite of a rallying cry... Trump literally ran on Hillary being sick... it didn’t help her...

Edit: Do you think people voting against Trump, will come up with conspiracy theories of him bathing in the blood of children for a cure? You know... how it was with Hillary...

Edit 2: Proof of Pence not kissing Trump’s ass all the time... he does not have covid. We are ready for your leadership...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-02 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

He is president for a reason. Someone said why we would declare war on China if Trump dies underestimates how insane the current sinophobia would erupt knowing their leader has died to another nation's virus. Media outlets like to convince people Trump has far more people against him to the point it looks like he has no supporters. That's a lie. People WILL go nuts and Biden's approval will be at a dangerous point if he tries to capitalize on Trump's potential death.

People should honestly hope he recovers though because we would definitely be worse off with Trump dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Hillary’s pneumonia, being the opposite of a rallying cry... Trump literally ran on Hillary being sick... it didn’t help her...

Edit: Do you think people voting against Trump, will come up with conspiracy theories of him bathing in the blood of children for a cure? You know... how it was with Hillary...
    Yeah, you can tell the people who aren't looking at this situation seriously because they don't acknowledge that emphasis on physical perfection is a common feature of fascist movements and admitting that you're "weak" enough to catch a hoax runs directly counter to that.

Plus, exploiting sympathy inherently requires being pitiable to a degree, and Trump's personality type reacts to pity like a base in water.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

He is president for a reason. Someone said why we would declare war on China if Trump dies underestimates how insane the current sinophobia would erupt knowing their leader has died to another nation's virus. Media outlets like to convince people Trump has far more people against him to the point it looks like he has no supporters. That's a lie. People WILL go nuts and Biden's approval will be at a dangerous point if he tries to capitalize on Trump's potential death.

People should honestly hope he recovers though because we would definitely be worse off with Trump dead.
    We've renamed it to the Trump virus, so that would actually be a suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is president for a reason.
    An electoral college that he won by fewer votes than people have died to COVID. Lul.

Someone said why we would declare war on China if Trump dies underestimates how insane the current sinophobia would erupt knowing their leader has died to another nation's virus. Media outlets like to convince people Trump has far more people against him to the point it looks like he has no supporters. That's a lie. People WILL go nuts and Biden's approval will be at a dangerous point if he tries to capitalize on Trump's potential death.
    The silent majority is a myth until you provide some evidence besides "Trump won an election wherein he lost the popular vote", sweetheart.

I agree. We'd be better off with him living in prison as a warning to people of the like mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, 3 million more people voted for the other gal...

Absolutely, I’m showing just as much hope as Trump and his supporters showed to Hillary, when she had pneumonia. Is Trump bathing in baby blood? That’s fair and balanced...