Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Isnt LA like 400-500km away from San Francisco?
    614km, apparently. It's quite a drive, and can range from 4-5 to upwards of 8 hours depending on traffic and how strictly you abide by speed limits. Though you can always stop off for Anderson's Split Pea soup, so that's nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt LA like 400-500km away from San Francisco?
    It’s about a 7 hour drive, if you take the fastest route on the 5 through central California cow country. The much prettier route, the 101, will probably take you 8-9. But, as you note, it’s a long way. Perhaps foreigners don’t usually know how large California is, and think SF and LA are close by merit of being in the same state.

The surprising thing to foreigners? Try driving 20 miles in Los Angeles. That’ll take you 45 minutes to an hour.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN26Y30C?il=0

The Eli Lilly therapy Trump is promoting has...problems.

The three sources who spoke to Reuters requested that their names be withheld so they could speak freely without fear of retaliation.

Inspectors who visited the Lilly plant in Branchburg, New Jersey, last November found that data on the plant’s various manufacturing processes had been deleted and not appropriately audited, government inspection documents show.

“The deleted incidents and related audit trail were not reviewed by the quality unit,” the FDA inspectors wrote. Because the government inspection documents reviewed by Reuters were heavily redacted by the FDA it was not possible to see the inspectors’ more specific findings.

Following its November inspection, the FDA classified the problems as the most serious level of violation, resulting in an “Official Action Indicated” (OAI) notice.

That “means that the violations are serious enough and have a significant enough impact on the public health that something needs to be fixed,” said Patricia Zettler, a former associate chief counsel at the FDA who is now a law professor at Ohio State University.

Separately, Lilly said on Tuesday it had paused its clinical trial for the COVID drug in hospitalized patients “out of an abundance of caution” over a potential safety concern. The company did not release information on what the problem was and declined to say how the news might affect their EUA request.
    Again, science doesn't care about political needs. But corporations that stand to reap massive financial benefits and earn the good graces of a mercurial president, do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I am fine, it was shitty for a few days, but I am recovered now. Just a lingering cough.
    Glad to hear it. I never saw if you said you actually got COVID-19 or not but whatever it is I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Pretty poor attempt at both sidesism.
    The best part is, he had to go back MONTHS to find an example for his "both sides" and then it was only a columnist, not even a Dem politician, lol
    That's not "pretty poor" anymore, that is a complete shit attempt

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Glad to hear it. I never saw if you said you actually got COVID-19 or not but whatever it is I wish you a full and speedy recovery.
    Yeah, I did. Looks like it is behind me now though.

Man, remember that time Trump was high as fuck on powerful steroids and went to Twitter to announce he was FULLY DECLASSIFYING ALL THE RUSSIA INVESTIGATION AND HILLARY EMAIL INFORMATION, NO REDACTIONS!!!!! ?

hen Donald Trump tweeted last week that he authorized the "total declassification of any & all documents" related to the long-running Russia investigation and Hillary Clinton's emails — "No redactions!" he tweeted — he really didn't mean it, the Justice Department argued in court Tuesday.

DOJ attorneys told a judge that the White House Counsel's Office effectively told DOJ to disregard Trump's tweets on the matter. They weren't accompanied by an actual declassification order, and DOJ will proceed as though the tweets hadn't occurred, continuing to redact and release documents at its discretion.

"The White House Counsel's Office informed the Department that there is no order requiring wholesale declassification or disclosure of documents at issue in this matter," Associate Deputy Attorney General Bradley Weinsheimer wrote in a filing with Judge Reggie Walton, who had ordered DOJ to clarify its position after the president's tweets.
    Thankfully it seems that DOJ is treating it as the ravings of a drug-addled septuagenarian who hadn't slept in days.

This is a good thing overall, but it highlights just how dangerous, reckless, and insane Trump is.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It’s about a 7 hour drive, if you take the fastest route on the 5 through central California cow country. The much prettier route, the 101, will probably take you 8-9. But, as you note, it’s a long way. Perhaps foreigners don’t usually know how large California is, and think SF and LA are close by merit of being in the same state.

The surprising thing to foreigners? Try driving 20 miles in Los Angeles. That’ll take you 45 minutes to an hour.
    Damn LA traffic, it’s like your at war with some cars for positioning. Of course that depends on the hour of the day.

Yeah, I did. Looks like it is behind me now though.
    That's good to hear, congrats. (on it being behind you, not getting it >.<)

Cal Cunningham is doing his best to throw the North Carolina Senate race, so that sucks. I live in South Carolina, but we share a lot of news stations with western NC, so we get both sets of ads, and the GOP is taking their advantage when they have it. Cunningham had a huge lead, but that is almost entirely gone, and I am pretty confident he will lose now.

I don't know what the hell Politicians are thinking when they think someone isn't going to find out their dirty laundry. The first thing every campaign manager should ask a candidate is "Whose wife are you boning?" and the second question should be "Did you send her flowers lately?". Because pissed off mistresses are not good optics.
    Uh? Last polls had Cunningham at +10 points. Those polls were released yesterday

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...gham-6908.html
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-10-13 at 10:04 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    614km, apparently. It's quite a drive, and can range from 4-5 to upwards of 8 hours depending on traffic and how strictly you abide by speed limits. Though you can always stop off for Anderson's Split Pea soup, so that's nice.
    There's no way you make it in 4 hours unless you start at the foot of the Bay Bridge, your destination is in, like, San Fernando, and you seriously haul ass on 5. Even 5 hours is extremely unlikely. And heaven forbid you actually have to drive through any of SF or LA on either end of your trip.

I say this as someone who was once pulled over doing 105 on 5 somewhere before Bakersfield.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Uh? Last polls had Cunningham at +10 points. Those polls were released yesterday
    Ye, apparently the revelations of his textual marriage infidelity hasn't really hurt him. People seem to hate Trump and Tillis more than they hate a dude who sexts with ladies who aren't his wife.

Ye, apparently the revelations of his textual marriage infidelity hasn't really hurt him. People seem to hate Trump and Tillis more than they hate a dude who sexts with ladies who aren't his wife.
    Trump has basically lowered the bar so much that a standard consenting adult affair just does not cause that much sizzle any more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Another example of Biden's leading example........as he has criticized Trump for not doing about wearing a mask....

Man anyone remember how for the last few years, @ghostpanter has been saying that if Biden runs, he'll vote for him because he was a good center right candidate, and not an insane shitbox like Trump? I wonder how that's going.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Trump has basically lowered the bar so much that a standard consenting adult affair just does not cause that much sizzle any more.
    I remember when political scandals were just rentboys and cocaine.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Man anyone remember how for the last few years, @ghostpanter has been saying that if Biden runs, he'll vote for him because he was a good center right candidate, and not an insane shitbox like Trump? I wonder how that's going.
    The enlightened centrism shtick has become so transparent that they kinda given up on the grift.

10+ Year Old Account
    I drove from the Bay Area to Los Angeles and back for college breaks; I never made it in under 5.5 hours and I would only ever stop once for a drink at the Starbucks In kettleman city the entire way. I have no clue how one could do it in 4.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I remember when political scandals were just rentboys and cocaine.
    Or "potatoe"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I drove from the Bay Area to Los Angeles and back for college breaks; I never made it in under 5.5 hours and I would only ever stop once for a drink at the Starbucks In kettleman city the entire way. I have no clue how one could do it in 4.
    Without continuing to go a bit off topic with this discussion...let's just say flagrant disregard for speed limits and the safety of others on the road. I wasn't driving (I'm not that insane) and I would never recommend it but...it's possible.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...f08_story.html

The federal prosecutor appointed by Attorney General William P. Barr to review whether Obama-era officials improperly requested the identities of individuals whose names were redacted in intelligence documents has completed his work without finding any substantive wrongdoing, according to people familiar with the matter.

The revelation that U.S. Attorney John Bash, who left the department last week, had concluded his review without criminal charges or any public report will rankle President Trump at a moment when he is particularly upset at the Justice Department. The department has so far declined to release the results of Bash’s work, though people familiar with his findings say they would likely disappoint conservatives who have tried to paint the “unmasking” of names — a common practice in government to help understand classified documents — as a political conspiracy.
    Womp womp. The unmasking investigation predictably turned up nothing.

I think all Trump/Barr have left is the Durham investigation, which by all accounts won't be ready before the election and does appear to include the kinds of damning information that Trump hopes it will.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN26Y2ZM?il=0

Twitter is removing accounts for "Black" Trump supporters that...are largely just images of Black people taken from the internet posting identical messages. Why does Trump have to fake support from the Black community?

- - - Updated - - -

Social media influencers, partisan news outlets and even President Donald Trump’s son are driving the spread of online misinformation swirling around the U.S. vote, casting doubt on this year’s election and prematurely raising suspicions about the accuracy of its results.

Legitimate U.S. social media accounts are sharing false claims of voter fraud, misleading photos of ballots being dumped in the trash and stoking fears of violence at the polls on Election Day, according to new research from the Election Integrity Partnership, a group of some of the world’s top misinformation researchers.

The source of misinformation is, unsurprisingly, Trump connected social media accounts for his children and conservative "influencers".

I've completely changed my mind about Pelosi's stimulus strategy.

This late in the game any kind of deal could literally single handedly swing the election to Trump. I'm willing to put up with a couple more months of uncertainty to make sure that doesn't happen.

Of course I have savings and will be fine for now. I don't blame anyone with no money in their account not liking the strategy here, though.

I'd be REALLY interested to see what happens if repubs call her bluff and offer the full amount she's been asking for. I'd bet alot of money she'd find a reason to not take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I've completely changed my mind about Pelosi's stimulus strategy.

This late in the game any kind of deal could literally single handedly swing the election to Trump. I'm willing to put up with a couple more months of uncertainty to make sure that doesn't happen.

Of course I have savings and will be fine for now. I don't blame anyone with no money in their account not liking the strategy here, though.

I'd be REALLY interested to see what happens if repubs call her bluff and offer the full amount she's been asking for. I'd bet alot of money she'd find a reason to not take it.
    Trump said no stimulus until after election... was that Palosi’s fault?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi