Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Sorry you encountered a translation error.

When an American Conservative says "litigating". They mean having a friendly conservative judge rule in their favor. Based on pre confirmed priors as member of the Federalist Society Youth groups.

Amy Barret is the final piece of that team
    Ah, right. So taking advantage of a system they've rigged to win for them. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If they had any balls, they'd literally cancel it and say this was the reason, no matter how close it is to happening.
    Fuck that, don't cancel. Move it to 9PM. And then ask him all the fucking hardest questions in the world whilst bringing in Biden voters ONLY.

Get him to literally try and squirm through that. 'THIS IS A HOAX, THIS IS RIGGED, THIS IS SO UNFAIR'. On live TV.

PS, I can't even read that Tweet. Twitter is currently broken in the UK. Nothing is loading.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Do they have the 9pm watershed in the US?
    9PM Eastern Time is pretty much "prime time" IIRC, it hits when most people are arriving home or have been home for a bit and had time to settle in for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    9PM Eastern Time is pretty much "prime time" IIRC, it hits when most people are arriving home or have been home for a bit and had time to settle in for the night.
    Well, play him at 7PM. Fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    hes not planing on wining by votes, hes planing on "wining" by litigating the results, so the more chaos the better for him.
    I don't understand how this helps him in any way though, legally. All he's doing is adding more fuel to the fire that the election results aren't trustworthy so he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

There's a process in place for if the election results are called into question and a clear winner can't be named, and it doesn't end with him as president.

But that's the most disheartening thing about this whole shitshow. The reason for this process, the purpose of the presidency as being both a servant and a leader for the American people is so far gone and lost at this point. GOP clearly doesn't really give a shit about the people, not in a meaningful capacity anyway, because they're showing all they really care about is power, or at least having a powerful title, and they're wiling to do whatever is necessary to get it or keep it.

I honestly hate our political system, at least how it is in practice. Just like communism, it looks fantastic on paper, but leave to morally bankrupt people, idiots and sycophants to fuck it up for everyone else.

Don't take that seriously at all, I have no interest in debating the fine details of political systems, I'm just so jaded with all this shit going on that I can't help but be woefully and completely disenchanted with the idea of "Democracy" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I'm the last person who should be speculating about this (because I know jack shit about it, honestly), but I get the feeling that the only way a legal challenge would have a chance at working is if the election is actually close enough for a relatively small number of ballots getting thrown out to matter. So they just have to smear enough mud around to discourage people from voting in the first place. Of course, that could just as easily backfire and motivate an even higher turnout...
    Early signs point to this backfiring, because voter turnout and response has been really high so far. The question at this point is which group of people ( ie which candidate's base) is it? And that's still terrifying to me.

Donald "I take responsibility for nothing" Trump is living up to his name, passing of the blame for his failure to wear a mask on early comments from Dr. Fauci. Comments that have been outdated for roughly 6 months. Also he claimed Fauci was a Democrat, because that somehow matters. For the record, he's not.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1053149.html

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    There's a process in place for if the election results are called into question and a clear winner can't be named, and it doesn't end with him as president.
    There are processes in place that should have stopped quite a bit of trump's shit but they have done pretty much nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    There are processes in place that should have stopped quite a bit of trump's shit but they have done pretty much nothing
    Fair assessment, but didn't those processes have a shitload of loop holes? The one I'm referring to is pretty well spelled out. That's not to say they won't still try and skirt around it, but I refuse to believe at this point that trying to do so would be even remotely allowed or accepted by either party when the process is pretty well defined.

Here is another thing about the competing town halls tonight. I have read but no solid evidence of why NBC scheduled this to compete same day, same time. The obvious guess and likely truth is the Trump campaign demanded and NBC caved. NBC could have done this on a different night and least took some of the scorn off it, yet they don't care. They want those ratings. They want the money.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A friends reminded how awful NBC has always been. Remembering this time they hosting "dueling town halls."

It wasn't the most important media moment of 2016, but one of the most redolent was NBC sending its own violent misogynist out to relentlessly badger Clinton about inane bullshit and then lob softballs at NBC reality star Donald "Grab 'Em By The Pussy" Trump

The guy who had a remote door lock installed at his desk so his female victims couldn't escape him and his drawer full of sex toys, that guy?
    Ya NBC let him run loose for years on their network.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Here is another thing about the competing town halls tonight. I have read but no solid evidence of why NBC scheduled this to compete same day, same time. The obvious guess and likely truth is the Trump campaign demanded and NBC caved. NBC could have done this on a different night and least took some of the scorn off it, yet they don't care. They want those ratings. They want the money.
    Competing with the Biden town hall won't get them those ratings though. I imagine this was the only deal the Trump campaign would accept because they want to take eyeballs off of Biden even if it means less eyeballs for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Well, play him at 7PM. Fuck it.
    Maybe they'll have the unfriendliest townhall audience ever. Trump did not do all that good with the last townhall.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Competing with the Biden town hall won't get them those ratings though. I imagine this was the only deal the Trump campaign would accept because they want to take eyeballs off of Biden even if it means less eyeballs for them.
    He is ascribing to the mentality that it's all about having bigger numbers than Biden, not about having the biggest ratings numbers, overall. he's the type of person who hangs out with people who are a little less wealthy than him, so he can punch down at them. It's how he's always been, get into little pissing matches, where better men fell no need to bother.

He's the ultimate cockblocker.

He's the quintessential one-upper.

Make no mistake, this will all be an attempt to 'beat" Biden at something, so he can talk about it for a half hour at every single campaign stop over the next 2-3 weeks. It won't matter how the townhall will go, because we know he fucks those up rather badly. It will be about beating Biden, and his supporters will come out in force to cheer for their messiah.

I'm convinced Trump has given up winning legitimately. He's getting more insane by the day.

Even tried to claim in a recent interview that China is somehow going to pay for the costs of covid, while the fox business interviewer does everything he can to stop himself from laughing.

I'm feeling better about the election by the day. The margins aren't going to be close enough for him to steal it.

Just for the sake of a bit of levity. Yes. It is real. In Des Moines, Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I'm convinced Trump has given up winning legitimately. He's getting more insane by the day.

Even tried to claim in a recent interview that China is somehow going to pay for the costs of covid, while the fox business interviewer does everything he can to stop himself from laughing.

I'm feeling better about the election by the day. The margins aren't going to be close enough for him to steal it.
    I won’t rest till Trump is in prison for his crimes. Along with his entire family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He is ascribing to the mentality that it's all about having bigger numbers than Biden, not about having the biggest ratings numbers, overall. he's the type of person who hangs out with people who are a little less wealthy than him, so he can punch down at them. It's how he's always been, get into little pissing matches, where better men fell no need to bother.

He's the ultimate cockblocker.

He's the quintessential one-upper.

Make no mistake, this will all be an attempt to 'beat" Biden at something, so he can talk about it for a half hour at every single campaign stop over the next 2-3 weeks. It won't matter how the townhall will go, because we know he fucks those up rather badly. It will be about beating Biden, and his supporters will come out in force to cheer for their messiah.
    If his intent is to outperform Biden’s town hall, I’m dubious that he’ll do even that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I won’t rest till Trump is in prison for his crimes. Along with his entire family.
    For your own sake, you may wanna switch that to "them falling into obscurity" or something similar.

A Trump will never be in jail. Just not gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If his intent is to outperform Biden’s town hall, I’m dubious that he’ll do even that.
    He will... Trump is better for ratings...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He may not, but if that happens, he'll ignore it.

Biden beat him with their respective conventions... and Trump and his goon squad were largely silent.

This is all about magnifying the little victories, to deflect from talking about the massive failures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giuliani’s daughter endorses Biden and claims that she can’t change her father’s mind, but we can vote this toxic administration out.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/202...ting-for-biden
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi