10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Yes, we get it, you don't give a shit and aren't participating.

Can you add "not participating in this thread" to that as well?
    Oh sorry, did I hurt your feelings again by calling out Biden's flaws?

I'm so sorry. I forgot you can only do that with Trump. Silly me, thinking this thread was also about Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm glad to see that I convinced you to drop the "let's have higher standards than the enemy"-principles which you so heavily defended when I suggested the Democratic Party should break all the rules to see Trump removed from office.

This is how I know that despite strong short-term objections my words still do rub off on people in the longterm.
    Like the democrats currently ignoring the metoo movement, they were always this way. The difference is that now they do not care if they show it. It shows how they have never cared about hypocrisy. You can pretend you convinced someone of something they had been hiding all along, if that makes you feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Like the democrats currently ignoring the metoo movement, they were always this way. The difference is that now they do not care if they show it. It shows how they have never cared about hypocrisy. You can pretend you convinced someone of something they had been hiding all along, if that makes you feel better.
    Biden said to release records, why isn’t GOP Senate releasing them?

https://joebiden.com/vawa/
    Earlier this year, a bipartisan coalition in the House of Representatives passed the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019 (VAWA 2019), which includes significant, forward-looking improvements and innovations proposed by advocates, survivors, lawyers, experts, prosecutors, and law enforcement who are in the trenches protecting and supporting survivors. Last week, every single Senate Democrat signed on to the Senate version of the House-passed bill. But, Leader McConnell is refusing to bring the bill to the floor in the Senate. There’s no reason the Senate shouldn’t pass this reauthorization now and enact it long before President Biden’s first day in office. But if they don’t, Joe Biden will make enacting the VAWA reauthorization one of his top first 100 day priorities.
    Can you explain why GOP is blocking funding, to help women persecute people like Trump or Biden. Doesn’t seem like Biden is scared... what’s up with GOP?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Biden said to release records, why isn’t GOP Senate releasing them?

Can you explain why GOP is blocking funding, to help women persecute people like Trump or Biden. Doesn’t seem like Biden is scared... what’s up with GOP?
    Don't worry, TexasRules won't reply to something this logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street

So... no... it made the previous protesters fighting Wallstreet, shift to fighting nazis. That’s counter productive to what you are claiming.
    Hate to say but Occupy Wallstreet was just a bunch of people LARPing. Those who were sincere peace out early because they saw right through the facade.

Trump's deterioration of the government is due to cracks that were already in the foundation. Thankfully it was this clown who exposed the mess and no someone with the brains of a McConnel who knows what they are doing.

People weren't paying attention before Trump. One of the reasons Trump was able to slide into the White House is because people were caught off guard and complacent.

Voters, Obama voters, literally said they would vote for Trump because they were tired of establishment politics. They weren't taken seriously.

News stories that said the Democrats were taking key areas and demographic for granted without offering anything in return. Ignored.

Democrats have a real identity problem. I can tell you what Republicans stand for. I might ideology opposed to all of, some of it might be full of shit, but I tell you what they are about. And they are a big tent party just like the Dems.

On the other hand I can't tell you much of what the Dems are about if you threw Trump out of the equation. Is it healthcare? No because half are fine with ACA, half want M4A. Social programs? Not when half the party is fiscally consecutive. Social issues? The frontrunner of the party has been on the wrong side of many social issues throughout history, that's a no. Borders, wars, guns.

The party is busted. People want to desperately go back to 'normal' but 'normal' is how we got here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    And said nazis resurfaced because of the excess melanin of a president.
    They never left. People fell in love with the optics of Hope and Change and nothing else. Nothing to actually get the country there. So the wound that never quite healed just popped back up.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hate to say but Occupy Wallstreet was just a bunch of people LARPing. Those who were sincere peace out early because they saw right through the facade.
    No, I am sorry... They were an extension of WTO riots. Media tried to portray them as LARPing, but when cops are attacking a nun in Seattle, it’s hardly LARPing... this wasn’t just stupid kids.

Trump's deterioration of the government is due to cracks that were already in the foundation. Thankfully it was this clown who exposed the mess and no someone with the brains of a McConnel who knows what they are doing.
    McConnel exposed this mess during Obama’s 8 years. Trump has abused executive and emergency orders, to bypass said mess.

People weren't paying attention before Trump. One of the reasons Trump was able to slide into the White House is because people were caught off guard and complacent.
    I’m sorry, speak for your self. It’s really easy to say, when you disregard those doing something, as larpers.

Voters, Obama voters, literally said they would vote for Trump because they were tired of establishment politics. They weren't taken seriously.
    That’s why 3 million more voted for Hillary, over an oligarch? If you want to say people were complacent, sure... they stayed home or voted third party, which likely lead to Trump’s win. Anyone voting for an oligarch to stop the establishment, is simply misguided.

News stories that said the Democrats were taking key areas and demographic for granted without offering anything in return. Ignored.
    Yes, they underestimated the lunacy of an antiestablishment oligarch. Who in their right mind, would claim Trump was antiestablishment before the election? The guy literally talked about going to NYC elite dinners as a child, because his father would take him. The guy was the inspiration for Gordon Gekko...

Democrats have a real identity problem. I can tell you what Republicans stand for. I might ideology opposed to all of, some of it might be full of shit, but I tell you what they are about. And they are a big tent party just like the Dems.
    I recommend you start here:

On the other hand I can't tell you much of what the Dems are about if you threw Trump out of the equation. Is it healthcare? No because half are fine with ACA, half want M4A. Social programs? Not when half the party is fiscally consecutive. Social issues? The frontrunner of the party has been on the wrong side of many social issues throughout history, that's a no. Borders, wars, guns.
    Let’s test your theory... what’s the GOP stance on healthcare? What about social programs? Social issues? Please, let me know how clear those are.

The party is busted. People want to desperately go back to 'normal' but 'normal' is how we got here.
    No, the loser getting 3 million votes more than the winner, is a historic anomaly. Having an oligarch with 0 previous public service as president, is extremely unusual. There wasn’t a lot normal that got us 2016... far from it.

- - - Updated - - -

They never left. People fell in love with the optics of Hope and Change and nothing else. Nothing to actually get the country there. So the wound that never quite healed just popped back up.
    They were not marching in the streets, then getting defended by the president.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

you can hardly blame the people for voting obama. he came in at the right time and rode off the momentum of a huge tsunami of anti republican sentiment thanks to one george w bush. i don't think hillary ever got over that loss in 2008.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-assault-claim

In a shocking move, democratic senators believe Joe Biden and do not think there needs to be an investigation. My favorite is Diane Feinstein.

“I think we ought to find out whether the allegations are correct before you launch a big investigation of the former vice president,” said Feinstein.
    Compared to say, what she thought about Judge Kavanaugh's accuser:

We should honor Dr. Blasey Ford’s wishes and delay this hearing. A proper investigation must be completed, witnesses interviewed, evidence reviewed and all sides spoken to. Only then should the chairman set a hearing date.
    Because having specific details about dates and times is much less convincing then a random day at a random location that nobody knows about. Man I am glad, so glad that democrats are just getting this shit out of their system and realizing that everyone deserves the same treatment. What am I saying, they will hypocritically accuse the next Republican. JHoe Biden wants due process and they want the dnc to investigate. Because running for President is not near as important as being a Supreme Court Judge. Here come the liberal apologists saying it isn't...I teed it up for ya.

Dude that posted fake news about sexual assault is going to lecture as on why we shouldnt do proper vetting of stories.

Here is the difference between Ford and all these people that have accused Biden. A lot of journalists dug through Ford's story and found it reliable enough to run it. Tara Reade's hasn't, heck even the AP didn't run her story last year because it was very contradictory. This new accuser who claims that Biden harassed her when she was 14? That turned out to be fake news.

Could Reade's story be true? Dunno, probably but so far it doesn't really look like it.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-05-05 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    In a shocking move, democratic senators believe Joe Biden and do not think there needs to be an investigation. My favorite is Diane Feinstein.
    Why isn’t senate releasing records Biden told them to release? What is GOP hiding about Biden?

I will ask again... why is GOP blocking violence against women act?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-05 at 04:13 AM.

As a side note, I don't buy the fake tears of conservatives and people from the left that have come out against the me too movement. None of you care about Tara Reade, you only care about pointing supposed liberal hypocrisy and to distract from the fact that Trump is responsible for how incompetent the US response has been towards COVID-19

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    As a side note, I don't buy the fake tears of conservatives and people from the left that have come out against the me too movement. None of you care about Tara Reade, you only care about pointing supposed liberal hypocrisy and to distract from the fact that Trump is responsible for how incompetent the US response has been towards COVID-19
    Biden is claiming he will sign violence against women act within first 100 days and is the guys who sponsored it in 1993. The GOP has refused a vote on it and in all likelihood Trump will veto, even it passes senate. Why is Biden promising to vote for a bill that will help Reade persecute him, while Trump’s GOP is blocking what would help Trump’s 47 accusers?

Even if we put aside whether Reade's accusation is true or not, it is still not correct how she is being treated by the #MeToo support groups.

Each and every single one of them basically told her that they can't help her because of either:
    A) they can't support women who accuse public officials
    B) they are afraid of losing their Democratic Party donations

The fact that Tara Reade isn't getting any support or legal advice on how to best go about this, getting no advice on what to say to whom and what to do next should also be a factor in considering how she might be helplessly bumbling around and come across less reliable as say Ford who had her story vetted and prepared by a team of lawyers who told her which parts to leave out and which parts to keep repeating.
    Where are you getting this?? She got referred to multiple lawyers, a lot of whom disclosed that they rejected her case because she wanted help for difamation or something like that rather than focus on the sexual assault case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if we put aside whether Reade's accusation is true or not, it is still not correct how she is being treated by the #MeToo support groups.
    How so? Many are showing support and even Biden didn’t claim she lied.

Each and every single one of them basically told her that they can't help her because of either:
    Links please...

The fact that Tara Reade isn't getting any support or legal advice on how to best go about this, getting no advice on what to say to whom and what to do next should also be a factor in considering how she might be helplessly bumbling around and come across less reliable as say Ford who had her story vetted and prepared by a team of lawyers who told her which parts to leave out and which parts to keep repeating.
    That’s because GOP defunded Violence Against Women act in March of 2019. It provided 1.6 billion to women accusing powerful men like Trump and Biden. I’ll give you one guess who sponsored it and claims to sign it within 100 days of taking office.

Biden is claiming he will sign violence against women act within first 100 days and is the guys who sponsored it in 1993. The GOP has refused a vote on it and in all likelihood Trump will veto, even it passes senate. Why is Biden promising to vote for a bill that will help Reade persecute him, while Trump’s GOP is blocking what would help Trump’s 47 accusers?
    The answer is obvious. They'd rather have the story remain on the spotlight as long as possible to distract from their failings. The Bernie Bros want Biden out so that they get Bernie, conservatives are desperate for literally anything that can distract from the COVID-19 crisis

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting this?? She got referred to multiple lawyers, a lot of whom disclosed that they rejected her case because she wanted help for difamation or something like that rather than focus on the sexual assault case.
    Biden literally sponsored a bill that provided 1.6 billion to victims of assault to persecute their more powerful assaulter. GOP is actively blocking it from reaching senate floor. It passed house and every democrat in senate pledged to sign it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am glad you acknowledge it is hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

My stance on the Tara Reade situation is that her claims should be investigated and if it's found that Biden is guilty then punish him in some way even if that punishment only comes in the form of pressuring him to step down and let another Democrat take the nomination. I also want this to be investigated because if Tara Reade turns out to be lying I think she should be the one punished instead. This is the same stance I took during the Kavanaugh hearings as evidenced by the following post I made during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    That's why all this needs to be investigated not only to see if Kavanaugh is guilty, but also to see if he's innocent and perhaps even charge some of his accusers with perjury and false claims if it turns out that's what some of them did. Unfortunately some people are being completely left out of the investigation, like Swetnick, so I doubt we're ever going to truly know whether Kavanaugh is guilty or innocent which is just going to leave a cloud of doubt over this whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/...etoo-times-up/

One of the first stories out there. Without that story people today probably still wouldn't have known who Tara Reade is.
    That doesn’t confirm what you said at all.

The article does not make this claim:

Why do you need to lie?

The answer is obvious. They'd rather have the story remain on the spotlight as long as possible to distract from their failings. The Bernie Bros want Biden out so that they get Bernie, conservatives are desperate for literally anything that can distract from the COVID-19 crisis
    Bernie already dropped out. That scenario is not going to happen.
    And yeah. The conservatives have literal piles of corpses (american this time) lying around that cannot be looked away.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker